This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
ZeroWolf wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And that's even if IDW will do anything with these Pretenders and Prime Masters. They're doing stuff with the Thirteen, yes, but not really anything with the POTP toy characters.

I guess it will end up like Titans Return's Sentinel Prime and Sovereign. As far as my memory goes they could have just let that part out and nothing would have changed or would be missing for the ongoing story. Or did I forget something essential? #-o
And I dont't count the Titans as representing the gimmick of the TR line >:oP

So yeah don't expect optimal Optimus with IDW ;-) or Machima
(Though I wouldn't another beast wars mini series but given the framework currently it won't be a spin off from the main series)

That's not exactly what I wanted to express. I guess we will get Optimal Optimus in Machnima's Power of the Primes because he's the Windblade, Victorion and Trypticon of PotP (and just now I notice that they actually put in every fan-voted figure/character).
And I could see Optimus Primal being the right hand of Onyx Prime in the IDW comics. We already got Eukarians (Beastformers) and with them some of the original Beast Wars series' cast. I expected him to be the leader of the Eukarians we haven't seen yet. Maybe he is, as well. We will see as the comics progress.
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Munkky » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
If I had to guess, when it comes to a Power of the Primes storyline in IDW, they'll just do the same thing they did with Combiner Wars and Titans Return: briefly shows off some new toys and work the gimmick into a storyline, and after a couple of issues everything will be wrapped up with a nice little bow and swiftly forgotten about as the writers resume the stories they actually want to tell.

Optimus Primal will no doubt be a major player, he may even get the Matrix of Leadership at one point, but once the story is over I'll be surprised if he sticks around for long afterwards. Primal becoming the new leader of Cybertron? Windblade only just got the job, so probably not. Volcanicus? Maybe at one point, but he may end up like Optimus Maximus in the Combiner Wars storyline, the Dinobots combine once and never do so again after the story has concluded. Prime Masters? Many of the Pretender characters used in the toyline are dead in the IDW continuity, so it'll be interesting to see how the comics handle the idea, if they choose to at all.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Munkky wrote:If I had to guess, when it comes to a Power of the Primes storyline in IDW, they'll just do the same thing they did with Combiner Wars and Titans Return: briefly shows off some new toys and work the gimmick into a storyline, and after a couple of issues everything will be wrapped up with a nice little bow and swiftly forgotten about as the writers resume the stories they actually want to tell.
That's exactly what I wanted to express ;)^

Munkky wrote:Optimus Primal will no doubt be a major player, he may even get the Matrix of Leadership at one point, but once the story is over I'll be surprised if he sticks around for long afterwards. Primal becoming the new leader of Cybertron? Windblade only just got the job, so probably not. Volcanicus? Maybe at one point, but he may end up like Optimus Maximus in the Combiner Wars storyline, the Dinobots combine once and never do so again after the story has concluded.

And that's pretty likely.

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:

Lunatic Prime
Headmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I wouldn't hold out too much hope, plus remember what happened to poor old rhinox...if anything you'll see him in crowd shots...like he has already.

On reflection though if they are brave enough, they could introduce the Beast era factions and give us a series where maximals face down the autobots (this is an example).
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Skritz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm

If this Optimal Optimus figure functions as the prototypes (not concept art) indicate, it may very well end up the 'Leader Evolution' mold with the most play value, since his 'trailer' can still function as a mostly-complete gorilla and because his combine alt mode allows for both sufing monkey and the more classic Optimal Optimus beast mode with the cannon chunk on the back. This make me hope he's transformable directly from complete beast mode to complete robot mode without too much part removal.

I also wonder if his chest cockpit won't be grey to allow for a better Optimus Primal figure. :-?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
You know, it just hit me who else the Optimal Optimus mold (but not the smaller Optimus Primal mold) could be redone as besides Primal Prime.

This guy's suit:

;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Skritz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You know, it just hit me who else the Optimal Optimus mold (but not the smaller Optimus Primal mold) could be redone as besides Primal Prime.

This guy's suit:

;)

Hah, that would make for an interesting custom that's for sure.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I'm holding out hope for a Beast Machines Megatron version of Primal Prime myself. :-D

Did people already forget that Primal was announced for the Machinima cartoon voiced by Ron Perlman? Why so much question of if he'll be in it?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Skritz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Emerje wrote:I'm holding out hope for a Beast Machines Megatron version of Primal Prime myself. :-D

Did people already forget that Primal was announced for the Machinima cartoon voiced by Ron Perlman? Why so much question of if he'll be in it?

Emerje

Shame they didn't cast Gary Chalk.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Skritz wrote:
Emerje wrote:I'm holding out hope for a Beast Machines Megatron version of Primal Prime myself. :-D

Emerje

Considering he's based in another country and with the whole legal ordeals between union vs. non-union actors, they probably couldn't have even if they wanted to.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Emerje

Considering he's based in another country and with the whole legal ordeals between union vs. non-union actors, they probably couldn't have even if they wanted to.
aren't Machinima and Gary both Canadian?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Emerje

aren't Machinima and Gary both Canadian?
Machinima is using the LA-based Bang Zoom to record the voice work, using a cast of American actors predominately from the LA talent pool.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Oh right, all that bullshit with voice actor unions. I forgot it was complicated and that Beast Wars was a Canadian production.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Skritz wrote:Oh right, all that bullshit with unions...
Yeah, all that fun stuff.

'Tis why David Kaye moved from Vancouver to LA and joined the SAG.

Hey, you know what? Kaye could have been Primal! That's who he originally auditioned for way back in Beast Wars before he landed Megatron instead (and Chalk auditioned for Megatron before he got Primal instead). :-P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Transformers Power of the Primes - Prime Masters Spotted in Ireland

Postby WreckerJack » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Our very own Leokearon has brought to our attention that MetalHawk and Cloudburst Prime Masters are hitting shelves in Ireland in case anyone was unaware. They were seen and purchased at Ken Black Toys in Wexford, Ireland for €7 each. Leokearon goes on to mention that they also saw Skullgrin but did not purchase him. Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Optimus Prime and Rodimus were also available for for €53 at the same store. Here are some pics of the Prime Masters purchased.

If you spot any cool new Transformers figures or products, please let us know and use the sightings page!

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Lunatic Prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't hold out too much hope, plus remember what happened to poor old rhinox...if anything you'll see him in crowd shots...like he has already.

Rhinox also appeared in the comics where Galvatronus first met Nova Prime and Alpha Trion. He was a guard back then when the Beastformers fought for equality against the Transformers with mechanical alt modes.

Dislikes:

Lunatic Prime
Headmaster

Postby Hotconvoy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Lunatic Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't hold out too much hope, plus remember what happened to poor old rhinox...if anything you'll see him in crowd shots...like he has already.

Rhinox also appeared in the comics where Galvatronus first met Nova Prime and Alpha Trion. He was a guard back then when the Beastformers fought for equality against the Transformers with mechanical alt modes.

That would be galvatron. Galvtronus is the cyclonus combiner. Fyi :D
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:38 am

Lunatic Prime wrote:

That was what I was referring to, the way Nova Prime moved in on him, I've read IDW mate ;-)

As for Primal being announced for Machima already, despite being a fan of pearlman...I'd completely forgotten it, so, my bad on that one and apologies. :oops:

Though given recent developments within Machima, he might actually get more than five minutes combined screen time... (and probably be defeated by the bad guys by falling over)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Cybertronius Primus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 am

Potp legions and masters are at forbidden planet in the UK
Cybertronius Primus
Mini-Con

Postby Lunatic Prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 am

Hotconvoy wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Galvatron's former name was Galvatronus in the old days in the IDW comics. ;)
And Arcee is his sister :michaelbay: :HEADHURTS:
(We definitely need a smiley/emoticon for a mind explosion)

Dislikes:

Lunatic Prime
Headmaster

Postby Hotconvoy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Hotconvoy wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Galvatron's former name was Galvatronus in the old days in the IDW comics. ;)
And Arcee is his sister :michaelbay: :HEADHURTS:
(We definitely need a smiley/emoticon for a mind explosion)

My bad i han't heard about that (also i did not mean to be that blunt at all sorry about that :oops: ) and yes we definetly do need a smiley/emoticon for mind explosion! ;)^
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes - Prime Masters Spotted in Ireland

Postby partholon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:05 am

WreckerJack wrote:Our very own Leokearon has brought to our attention that MetalHawk and Cloudburst Prime Masters are hitting shelves in Ireland in case anyone was unaware. They were seen and purchased at Ken Black Toys in Wexford, Ireland for €7 each. Leokearon goes on to mention that they also saw Skullgrin but did not purchase him. Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Optimus Prime and Rodimus were also available for for €53 at the same store. Here are some pics of the Prime Masters purchased.

If you spot any cool new Transformers figures or products, please let us know and use the sightings page!

Smyths here (ireland) have grimlock and starscream due to go on sale the end of February on their website.

Not a sighting i know but at least ya see the price €28.

And the deluxe swoop and slag are €19

Which is a lot cheaper than titan returns figs went for.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 am

I saw the masters at asda living as well. Well two of them anyway but there wasn't any price stickers
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby WreckerJack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
partholon wrote:Smyths here (ireland) have grimlock and starscream due to go on sale the end of February on their website.

We will keep an eye out. If you see any news on this, feel free to link us or take a pic of any in-store advertising and we shall news it.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby leokearon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
partholon wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Our very own Leokearon has brought to our attention that MetalHawk and Cloudburst Prime Masters are hitting shelves in Ireland in case anyone was unaware. They were seen and purchased at Ken Black Toys in Wexford, Ireland for €7 each. Leokearon goes on to mention that they also saw Skullgrin but did not purchase him. Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Optimus Prime and Rodimus were also available for for €53 at the same store. Here are some pics of the Prime Masters purchased.

Smyths here (ireland) have grimlock and starscream due to go on sale the end of February on their website.

According to the Irish SMYTHS site, the deluxes are due to be released some time between the 22nd and 31st January, but no sign of them yet in the Waterford store. of course Ken Black is a spin-off of SMYTHS.

Also I was surprised to see the Prime Masters available given SMYTHS/Ken Black never sold the Titan Masters
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr N TMNT homage Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229172 9N"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200912 1C (CA) Yoon"
POWER RANGERS #1 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUL231256 5B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230453 7E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231427 Tango"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV220378 2F Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230684 9F Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #3 (of 3) 1:25 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics JUN230422 (CA) Photo"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230410 111B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr P FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC237791 12P (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221656 1RI (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 APR231626 2B (CA) Sanchez"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr E cardstock Boom Studios Comics FEB230324 5E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON