This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Randomhero » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:25 pm

DeathReviews wrote:In real dinosaur scale, Sludge should be a Leader class figure or Titan. An apatosaurus dwarfs a T-rex and can snap a tyrannosaur's neck with one swipe of the tail. It would be like a coyote taking on a rhino.

And Bruticus’s right arm would be 3 times the size of his body BLAHBLAHBLAH! Let’s not talk about scale please .
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We learnt this morning that Singaporean fans could now get the Power of the Primes wave 2 deluxes.

So now we have in hand images, the first in hand images of the finished products (previous shots of certain bots were convention samples with paint instead of coloured plastic).

We finally see these toys at angles we have never seen them before. For instance, we can now see exactly where the combiner peg lies in Moonracer's toy. About Moonracer, we now see that she has exposed robot hands in the back of her car mode and a backpack that could give any of these toys competition (she must be quite the student!)

Along with shots of Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper and Moonracer, we have another shot of Blackwing combined with Dreadwind, forming Dreadwing. Those shots come from げんもん Photo Vault while the others come from N' Raid Raptor.

For those curious of what else is part of wave 2 and what is part of wave 3, and when to expect these toys near you, we have a guide made just for you.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 pm

That’s a backpack.

Can’t wait for the whole set.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william_james88 wrote:Image

The Combiner Peg is inside the backpack? :shock:

No overhead blasters on Snarl after all:

I wonder who they're for then?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby ebo716 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "Changes aren't permanent, but change is."
Weapon: Proton Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
they are probably for Doryu from the Dinoforce, as he had cannons behind his head in stegosaurus mode
ebo716
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: The boat from the scary tunnel scene in Willy Wonka

Postby Acesmcgee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received and seeing that con is hitting me in the feels and nostalgia buttons. I wish I wanted that Moonracer and feel the same about Elita-1, but they just don't hit me the same. I loved Windblade and am waiting for some cash to get an arcee, so I don't know what about those figures is putting me off. In have to say I do love the color on Moony though.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received

Did you happen to live in Japan where it was a giftset? Or did you just mean you happened to receive them all at the same time? That would have been a great gift, indeed!
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Bradimus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Flashwave wrote:The problem is, in business what you just said accidentally, was "Don't buy these, buy something coming (much) later." the best they could shoot for is replace the cross-sell with " Coming Soon" but in the case of current combiners, they almost need the cross-sell to say "Hey, if you buy this figure and four of these, you can put them together and make a bigger figure!" marketing is never about selling the next thing, its about selling the stock you already have.

What do you mean "Hasbro keeps secrets and that hurt Titans Return?"

First, I'd like to thank you for a great reply. Here I am wanting things sold all at once and gave a solution that doesn't work, and you responded kindly. Still, :HASBRO: could have mixed wave 1 and 2 with half deluxe Dinobots and half deluxe Terrorcons like they did with the Aerialbots and Stunticons. Had they done that I wouldn't have complained.

As to your question at the end regarding Titans Return, it didn't hurt sales, and that may have been an overstatement by me. But they delayed announcements for later waves that were coming out right after cons and that drove us nuts because we didn't know what was coming out until the last second. Not that it mattered since wave 5 got lost with holiday revision waves. I'm glad those sold well but what a mess for people like me who wanted Windblade and Twin Twist. I finally got Windblade but I've given up on Twin Twist, a toy from my youth I was greatly looking forward to updating. :(
Bradimus
Pretender
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:34 pm

ebo716 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
they are probably for Doryu from the Dinoforce, as he had cannons behind his head in stegosaurus mode

odd, because the hole for the weapon is still there,

It's odd because if we do get Dinoking, I think its obvious we wont be getting them with the "pretender" gimmick,

but I don't think we will be getting what they looked like underneath either:

It may just be some sort of odd fusion of both, using the Dinobots as straight up (minor) retools for the Dinoforce. Though that brings into question...why would Hasbro go with Dinoforce inspiration (Dinoking), rather than Pretender Monster (Monstructor) inspiration?

I am honestly unbiased. I'd take either/or (actually give me both) :lol: . But itd does raise some questions... :-?
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hotconvoy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Moonracer is just wow :shock: .She reminds me of the little kids show Dorra the Explorer with her backpack backpack :lol: as for the others the only thing i dislike about them is that i don't have them yet :( :-x
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The Combiner Peg is inside the backpack? :shock:

No overhead blasters on Snarl after all:

No one I think it was just abandoned
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

o.supreme wrote:It may just be some sort of odd fusion of both, using the Dinobots as straight up (minor) retools for the Dinoforce. Though that brings intoquesiton...why would Hasbro go with Dinoforce inspiration (Dinoking), rather than Pretender Monster (Monstructor) inspiration?

I am honestly unbiased. I'd take either or (actually give me both) :lol: . But id does raise some questions...

At NYCC 2017 the Terrorcons were shown off, including Cutthroat... with Wildfly's/Yokuryu's head:

So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Randomhero » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Hotconvoy wrote:Moonracer is just wow :shock: .She reminds me of the little kids show Dorra the Explorer with her backpack backpack :lol: as for the others the only thing i dislike about them is that i don't have them yet :( :-x

And that is the only reason to displike.

I’m sure like most Moonracer looks better in hand. I’m sure the weirdos who put all their transformers on the shelves backwards will complain but they’re weirdos for a reason.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Bradimus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received and seeing that con is hitting me in the feels and nostalgia buttons. I wish I wanted that Moonracer and feel the same about Elita-1, but they just don't hit me the same. I loved Windblade and am waiting for some cash to get an arcee, so I don't know what about those figures is putting me off. In have to say I do love the color on Moony though.

That Moonracer looks like a disaster to me. I really wish she didn't. I wish that backpack could open up into something cool and flatter against her back. But then I have to get over her feet and I can't.

As for Elita-1, I really like her. Much better use of the mold than Starscream. I think this was actually made for her since Starscream got released first. I'm especially looking forward to giving Silverbolt a break as combiner center with Elita-1.

Arcee is a bit expensive but I love that head sculpt. I extremely dislike the bonus Ultra Magnus. I wish Arcee came with Scorponok. That would have been an instant buy and a good end for my TR collection. I may still get her if she doesn't disappear on me before I can. I hate that front flap on Grotusque but I had him as a kid and I want his bonus TM. What can I do?
Bradimus
Pretender
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:44 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:At NYCC 2017 the Terrorcons were shown off, including Cutthroat... with Wildfly's/Yokuryu's head:

So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

I was aware of that, however...The pretender shells themselves could neither transform, nor did they have *robot* heads, so it would kind of make sense. Though for Wildfly/Yokuryu, I could see them using Cutthroat or Swoop (but most likely cutthroat because its what we've seen...) The original inner robots are very difficult to reimagine IMHO, as their "alt modes" were pretty generic. I see them possibly using a mix of dinobots and terrorcons to at least make some sort of recognizable creatures out of them.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Etseterrestrial » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:28 pm

My only complaint about the Dinobots is that they should've been Voyager and Leader(Grimlock) classes. Sludge just looks way too small to me and it sucks because I LOVE how they all turned out in terms of design. :( :-(
Etseterrestrial
Mini-Con

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Etseterrestrial wrote:My only complaint about the Dinobots is that they should've been Voyager and Leader(Grimlock) classes. Sludge just looks way too small to me and it sucks because I LOVE how they all turned out in terms of design. :( :-(

Wei jiang might be able to help us with that...
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Etseterrestrial wrote:My only complaint about the Dinobots is that they should've been Voyager and Leader(Grimlock) classes. Sludge just looks way too small to me and it sucks because I LOVE how they all turned out in terms of design. :( :-(

As awesome as that would be it would be quite expensive, and distributionwould be a thorn in the sides of anyone trying to get a full set if they were put waves apart...maybe a titan gift set would of been better.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby bodrock » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
damn, Even whitebots gotta shout...!
IMG_0339.JPG
I like big bumpers and I cannot lie
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Speed: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

If you look closely it looks like the blaster is a prototype of the thingy that goes into the combiner hand but upside down, since they all double as blasters, since the hands are all tied to the figure, the dinoking combiners might have specialized gun/hand covers for things like this?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

If you look closely it looks like the blaster is a prototype of the thingy that goes into the combiner hand but upside down, since they all double as blasters, since the hands are all tied to the figure, the dinoking combiners might have specialized gun/hand covers for things like this?

No, from the looks of it the hands are independently cast as only 3 types (so far) are shared between all Deluxes:

Bestial (with the spiked knuckles): all Dinobots and Terrorcons
Booster: Jazz, Moonracer
Engine: Dreadwind, Blackwing

And all share the same cover if I may add.

I did think about that theory for a moment given that the long handle on top has the same shape as those on the covers.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

No, from the looks of it the hands are independently cast as only 3 types (so far) are shared between all Deluxes:

I did think about that theory for a moment given that the long handle on top has the same shape as those on the covers.

Like I said, it could be a special variant with an extra bit added on, maybe indicating that dinoking might be a platinum release, or a boxset?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Like I said, it could be a special variant with an extra bit added on, maybe indicating that dinoking might be a platinum release, or a boxset?

Who knows? I'm eagerly awaiting the answer :)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Hotconvoy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Who knows? I'm eagerly awaiting the answer :)

Or it could just be his weppon ;)^
Attachments
800px-TF-POTP-Deluxe-Class-Cutthroat.jpg
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby Acesmcgee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
o.supreme wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received

Did you happen to live in Japan where it was a giftset? Or did you just mean you happened to receive them all at the same time? That would have been a great gift, indeed!

I always assumed I got a gift set, I was a younger me then, but I got them all at once apparently. They were a birthday gift along with Computron at the time.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Speed: 4
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230350 21A (CA) Mele (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0124IM329 7D (CA) Allen (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #341 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 FEB230245 341B (W) McConville (CA) Colak"
SPAWN #341 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PRIMORDIAL #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210255 2B (CA) Walta (W) Lemire"
PRIMORDIAL #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #61 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230267 61A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 JUL219298 1C (CA) Alexander"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM336 26A (CA) Barberi (W) Layman"
SCORCHED #26 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 0923IM466 6C (CA) Ejikure (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHATS FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2022 220111B 3D Walsh"
WHATS FURTHEST PLA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #20 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 MAY230276 20C (CA) Williams"
SCORCHED #20 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #52 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220247 52B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #51 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 SEP220088 51B (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON