This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Acesmcgee wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received

Did you happen to live in Japan where it was a giftset? Or did you just mean you happened to receive them all at the same time? That would have been a great gift, indeed!

I always assumed I got a gift set, I was a younger me then, but I got them all at once apparently. They were a birthday gift along with Computron at the time.

Some Combiner giftsets were available only via Takara, but the strange area that is Italy got Takara-only giftsets, like Abominus. How? GiG, the local distributor, licensed the IP from Hasbro, but got the figures from Takara, in Japanese deco in some cases.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Acesmcgee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:I am loving that rippersnapper! Growing up Abominus was a gift I received

Did you happen to live in Japan where it was a giftset? Or did you just mean you happened to receive them all at the same time? That would have been a great gift, indeed!

I always assumed I got a gift set, I was a younger me then, but I got them all at once apparently. They were a birthday gift along with Computron at the time.

Some Combiner giftsets were available only via Takara, but the strange area that is Italy got Takara-only giftsets, like Predaking and Abominus. How? GiG, the local distributor, licensed the IP from Hasbro, but got the figures from Takara, in Japanese deco in some cases.

Doubt it was that. I was living either in Virginia or New York at the time. It's funny, living in Michigan since I was 7 (spent the first 7 years moving around due to my Dad being navy) I never realized how many collectors live in this state. Back to the primes line, I am so super excited for that Abominus to stand next to Computron.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Acesmcgee wrote:Doubt it was that. I was living either in Virginia or New York at the time. It's funny, living in Michigan since I was 7 (spent the first 7 years moving around due to my Dad being navy) I never realized how many collectors live in this state. Back to the primes line, I am so super excited for that Abominus to stand next to Computron.

Pretty sure someone just got you the whole set in individual packages. That means there were some pretty aware adults back in the day, lucky you :D
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Moonracer is looking on point! Love the color and the headsculpt. Gonna add her to my collection of kickass lady bots!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So they are going for the inner robot angle, but the blaster remains a mystery.

If you look closely it looks like the blaster is a prototype of the thingy that goes into the combiner hand but upside down, since they all double as blasters, since the hands are all tied to the figure, the dinoking combiners might have specialized gun/hand covers for things like this?

No, from the looks of it the hands are independently cast as only 3 types (so far) are shared between all Deluxes:

Bestial (with the spiked knuckles): all Dinobots and Terrorcons
Booster: Jazz, Moonracer
Engine: Dreadwind, Blackwing

And all share the same cover if I may add.

I did think about that theory for a moment given that the long handle on top has the same shape as those on the covers.

Like I said, it could be a special variant with an extra bit added on, maybe indicating that dinoking might be a platinum release, or a boxset?

Who knows? I'm eagerly awaiting the answer :)

So, now, since we have a dinoking members head as a prototype (which means a conscious effort to put it there) and now, a dinoking accesory, do you feel safe (like 'cw computron once botcon ramhorn was announced' safe) that Dinoking is coming somewhere, somehow?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:So, now, since we have a dinoking members head as a prototype (which means a conscious effort to put it there) and now, a dinoking accesory, do you feel safe (like 'cw computron once botcon ramhorn was announced' safe) that Dinoking is coming somewhere, somehow?

At the very least the Monster Pretenders. Hopefully we'll see at NY Toy Fair.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Bronzewolf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Today has been filled with news and images regarding the Power of the Primes wave 2 deluxes, specifically Moonracer and her...questionable backpack. Well, if you needed some more images to help make up your mind, a user over on TFW has posted even more in hand images of the fembot. Some of the photos, which have been mirrored down below, show off her robot mode, her alternate mode, and, for the first time, her arm mode! These additional shots also show that her combiner peg is hidden in that controversial backpack. Check them out below and tell us in the Energon forums if these photos changed your opinion on the upcoming figure for worse or for better.

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby KVO Prime » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 pm

A few thoughts:

*Is that really a sticker put on by Hasbro on top of Rippersnapper's Alt-mode head?? It looks so cheap!
*I think we can all agree with Firestar, Elita-1, and Moonracer coming out, we'd have a fantastic lineup of fembots with Windblade, Arcee, Chromia, and the above listed that they could fill out a shelf of their own. That being said... Moonracer is just a fail on all counts except for body design. Hasbro has engineered some genius in transforming plastic in the past, but this is just lazy.
*Has anyone confirmed the rumor of Deluxe Repugnus being a retool/redeco of Rippersnapper?
*Snarl looks like the most fun toy to transform in a long time just from looking at it.
*I'm not that disappointed with a deluxe Sludge, although a Voyager would have been better. Devastator had two voyager class guys right? And it's not like Volcanicus had a specific design outlined it had to follow...
*I can't wait to have all the dinobots nonetheless. It's another great year to be a tf fan and collect!
*I'll be starting Transformer video reviews soon on YouTube! :BOT:
KVO Prime
Minibot

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:00 am

Still no hints as to what Elita-1's gestalt is called? I'm probably only the 1,000th fan to guess "Elita-5".

The more I see of Moonracer's alt, the more I like it; starting to remind me of Super Gobot Psycho, a.k.a Cobra's Car.

Same goes for Rippersnapper. I originally hoped he'd be sculpted with future Seacons in mind, since his Landshark mode could easily consist of parts reshellable towards Overbite and Skalor, plus Cutthroat could be the basis for Seawing, etc...but when I saw how far his head is permanently hunched over, and that Takara doesn't look likely to do a whole team that Hasbro doesn't do first, my hopes were dashed.

But a closer look at his toy somehow makes it seem just a shade more possible. Maybe just insomniac optimism.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 am

Can Moonracer's backpack be tilted down 180 degrees to make it a kama?
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Moonracer looks terrific to me, except for that hefty backpack, of course. We need a new term for figures that really hit the mark except for a very noticeable chuck of kibble on the back. Maybe "butherback?" As in, "Moonracer has got a real butherback of a robot mode."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Hotconvoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:Moonracer looks terrific to me, except for that hefty backpack, of course. We need a new term for figures that really hit the mark except for a very noticeable chuck of kibble on the back. Maybe "butherback?" As in, "Moonracer has got a real butherback of a robot mode."

Well we could keep it simple with "Fatback" :lol:
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby Hotconvoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Hotconvoy wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Moonracer looks terrific to me, except for that hefty backpack, of course. We need a new term for figures that really hit the mark except for a very noticeable chuck of kibble on the back. Maybe "butherback?" As in, "Moonracer has got a real butherback of a robot mode."

Well we could keep it simple with "Fatback" :lol:

Wait wait i'v got it "Hichhiker" like CW Prime would be hichhiker Optimus Prime :lol:
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Bumblevivisector wrote:Still no hints as to what Elita-1's gestalt is called? I'm probably only the 1,000th fan to guess "Elita-5".

I think since the "theme" of this line is "Powered Up" (i.e. Prime Masters power up other bots, Enigmas power up bots to become combiners, etc) that Elita One's gestalt mode doesn't actually have a name, it's just a powered up version of Elita, like Screamer's torso/combined mode doesn't have a name either. Nor does Inferno's as far as we know- though it may be a back-door way to give us a G2 Defensor, given the rumors of a deluxe Wreck Gar (orange redeco/retool of deluxe Groove).
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:30 am

Bounti76 wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Still no hints as to what Elita-1's gestalt is called? I'm probably only the 1,000th fan to guess "Elita-5".

I think since the "theme" of this line is "Powered Up" (i.e. Prime Masters power up other bots, Enigmas power up bots to become combiners, etc) that Elita One's gestalt mode doesn't actually have a name, it's just a powered up version of Elita, like Screamer's torso/combined mode doesn't have a name either. Nor does Inferno's as far as we know- though it may be a back-door way to give us a G2 Defensor, given the rumors of a deluxe Wreck Gar (orange redeco/retool of deluxe Groove).

We'd still need a black Streetwise, a blue Blades (finally use that head again), and a slightly recolored First Aid without the GPS :-P

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Ok yeah, the backpack is a little funny but I'd rather have the backpack than the too skinny problem. I'm just hoping it doesn't make her top heavy but we should know that as soon as reviews start hitting youtube.

All in all if it works functionally its a flaw I can overlook. Her alt looks neat and she looks amazing from the front. All figures have flaws to certain degrees and the only figures that I won't buy are the ones that have durability issues (I'm looking at you TR Wolfwire/Weirdwolf) and an utter lack of paint. (Tho if it's dirt cheap then then I may consider buying it to paint it in the future.)

AYOOOO! Yous looking a little thin! His waist is teeny tiny which does look awkward from the side but doesn't bother me as he looks perfectly fine from the front and in his tractor mode.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:43 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hellscream9999 wrote:So, now, since we have a dinoking members head as a prototype (which means a conscious effort to put it there) and now, a dinoking accesory, do you feel safe (like 'cw computron once botcon ramhorn was announced' safe) that Dinoking is coming somewhere, somehow?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the parts existed between the Dinobots and Terrorcons to make both Dinoforce and the Pretender Monsters. Since Swoop and Cutthroat share parts, if the parts they share also contain the heads on the same sprew then we could see the the same head used on both molds to make a Yokuryu with a pteranodon alt mode and a Wildfly with a winged monster alt mode. Maybe Snarl has a Doryu head on the mold and maybe worked the same head into the Blot or Rippersnapper mold.

Really nothing would surprise me now.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:10 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bumblevivisector wrote:Still no hints as to what Elita-1's gestalt is called?
Only the torso characters who belong to specifically-designated combiner teams (like Grimlock and Hun-Gurrr) have new names in their combiner forms. Extra torsos like Starscream and Elita-1 don't get new names for their combiner forms.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 am

KVO Prime wrote:*I'm not that disappointed with a deluxe Sludge, although a Voyager would have been better. Devastator had two voyager class guys right? And it's not like Volcanicus had a specific design outlined it had to follow...

If you were talking about CW/UW Devastator, all 6 were voyager-ish. The options are pretty much make everyone about voyager size like Devastator and Predaking, or only the torso bot voyager, witnh the lims deluxe. There really isn't an option for a combiner with just 2 voyagers.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:03 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Only the torso characters who belong to specifically-designated combiner teams (like Grimlock and Hun-Gurrr) have new names in their combiner forms. Extra torsos like Starscream and Elita-1 don't get new names for their combiner forms.

Exactly. Also just use your imagination. Call her anything you want.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Kyleor » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Maybe some enterprising Third Party or Shapeways folks can come out with a set of hiking/backpacking or Girl Scout themed add-ons for Moonracer...

And as I'm typing this I just had the though: add-ons for all the fembots to make a whole Girl Scout Troop, Troop Number 1984 maybe? Who wouldn't buy a box or two of Thin Energon Mints.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

It wont have its own name. We know this based on the leaked instructions sheet.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 am

william-james88 wrote:

s6-e10-host-blacklists-elaine.png

We need a name! Give us a name!
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RiddlerJ wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

s6-e10-host-blacklists-elaine.png

We need a name! Give us a name!
Her name is Frank Smith! :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
His (I mean her) name is Robert paulson
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEEDLENOSE + SUNBEAM + ZIGZAG Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEEDLENOSE + SUNBE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON