This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Glarryg wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
shocksound96 wrote:Still no star saber? WTF!!!

There's been nothing to substantiate that he's coming out, he's never even been rumored, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high >:oP

Well, nertz. Star Saber's a perfect candidate for the Evolution gimmick, and it's not like they'd have to make him a psycho like in IDW.

I hope we'll be getting some more combining Legends guys, though, because I'm super stoked for Battletrap. Come on, Flywheels/Slamdance/Beastbox/someone else!

Glarryg

I would have loved a star saber in this evolution gimmick but alas it was not meant to be apparently. Though I'm curious is primal getting put out on his own or is one of the other leaders being re-released alongside him.

Also I share yourhope for the other duocon and I think it would be neat if you could mix and match with them...wouldn't be that hard to pull off right?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

I know many clues point to PotP not being long for this world, but I really hope we get enough deluxes to round out complete combiners. Abominus is already set, but we need at least one more Autobot or two more Decepticons in order to have more than ONE complete combiner in the whole toyline. Ideally, we'd get two more fembots to complete Elita Infin1te, three more carbots for the Inferno torso, and two more cons for Starscream. Unless they've really been keeping things under wraps, this isn't looking very likely. :(
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Zaries » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:41 pm

predaking looks amazing just a little skinny looking, same thing with OPOP, looks a lil skinny but still looks awesome regardless, always been a fan beast wars, ambominus looks beautiful. also is it me or do those prime masters appear to have screws instead of the pins, bit strange to change over to pins for the next wave. the customs for this wave will be amazing :x
Zaries
Mini-Con

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:43 pm

I am in love with the Optimal Optimus. His grey cockpit doesn't bother me; it may actually be an improvement. The only negative IMO is the fact that he is a modern toy, which means hollow parts that will look very cheap next to the original toy (specifically the inner thighs, Hasbro's favorite place to hollow out a Transformer).
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Toy Fair 2018 - Transformers: Power of the Primes: Nova Star, Abominus, Moonracer, Bludgeon, More

Postby Va'al » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
The next gallery from the Transformers: Power of the Primes section of the Hasbro Showroom at New York Toy Fair 2018 comes in the multitude that is the presence of the Terrorcons and their combined form Abominus, the deluxes Moonracer and Nova Star that will join the Elita-Infin1te combiner, plus Legend class Battleslash and Roadtrap and their combined form Battletrap.

Check out below a selection of the newer figures from the displays, including the original names of the Terrorcon team, with Voyager and torso Hun-Gurrr, and limbs Rippersnapper, Blot, Cutthroat, and Sinnertwin. You also get closeups of Prime Masters and Decoy Suits featuring Bludgeon, Octopunch, and more. Click on any image for the full gallery!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Overcracker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Damn it Hasbro, making me want that Optimal so much., he looks really good. Need to set aside some cash for him now.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby ebonyleopard » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Aw, you man the Inner Primal won't have a gorilla mode? I'm a little sad now (or am I looking at this wrong?)
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby SG Roadbuster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:I know many clues point to PotP not being long for this world, but I really hope we get enough deluxes to round out complete combiners. Abominus is already set, but we need at least one more Autobot or two more Decepticons in order to have more than ONE complete combiner in the whole toyline. Ideally, we'd get two more fembots to complete Elita Infin1te, three more carbots for the Inferno torso, and two more cons for Starscream. Unless they've really been keeping things under wraps, this isn't looking very likely. :(

you could always take some rejects from other teams to fill out Inferno and Starscream.
Alpha Bravo and Rook are homeless now that Slingshot and deluxe Groove took their jobs back, so there's 2 limbs for Inferno.
if the rumors anout UW shuttle mode Blastoff getting a us release are true, then you can kick CW jet Blastoff off of your Bruticus, pair him up with Offroad and toss them onto Starscream.
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Do we have any proof that PotP is ending after Wave 4? That and I wonder if there is anything new in that wave or if it's repack-and-one-new-figure (which makes me damn glad I don't intend to chase down Novastar becasue Slugslinger was a P A I N to chase down at retail)? Is that reallly it for Potp?

Edit: Btw I may be in the minority but I actually think this Optimal Optimus is looking quite nice. It was never intended to be a 1:1 remake of the original toy and I'm fine with the compromises it take given that beside the new gimmick they fully committed to keeping it's overall design very close to the original. Plus, in spite of how little he used in in the show, the robot and beast mode were always the main attraction for a Beast Wars figure. And, oh man, does he look like one.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Skritz wrote:Do we have any proof that PotP is ending after Wave 4? That and I wonder if there is anything new in that wave or if it's repack-and-one-new-figure (which makes me damn glad I don't intend to chase down Novastar becasue Slugslinger was a P A I N to chase down at retail)? Is that reallly it for Potp?

Edit: Btw I may be in the minority but I actually think this Optimal Optimus is looking quite nice. It was never intended to be a 1:1 remake of the original toy and I'm fine with the compromises it take given that beside the new gimmick they fully committed to keeping it's overall design very close to the original. Plus, in spite of how little he used in in the show, the robot and beast mode were always the main attraction for a Beast Wars figure. And, oh man, does he look like one.

Hmmm. some of the bots on the wave is missing, Flywheels and other Duocons were missing in this wave.
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 pm

And i just realized Novastar was a redeco of Moonracer with only the head retool.
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Vic Zanzibar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I just can't seem them ending the theme at wave 4. I can see Inferno just being a single figure with no limbs designed for him, but if it ends at wave 4, then only two of the five Voyagers would be complete combiners. I think we probably do get a final wave with two Decepticons to complete King Screamer and one Autobot to complete Elita InfinONEte.
Last edited by Vic Zanzibar on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vic Zanzibar
Minibot

Postby Overcracker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Ebonyleopard wrote:Aw, you man the Inner Primal won't have a gorilla mode? I'm a little sad now (or am I looking at this wrong?)

No. The inner Primal turns into a skateboard for the larger monkey mode.

Combined they form the full Optimal Optimus Robot Mode.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

As much as people complained about retool abuse in CW, I'd say it would be a serious shame if those new Dinobot and Terrorcons molds aren't reused for Piranacon and Monstructor. The two of which seem sadly less and less plausible, especially since they scrapped those big boxset halfway into Titans Return.

It's a shame because these are both combiners which are well within the possibility of (relatively) cheap engineering. Especially since we've seen that Hun-Gurr shares a skeleton with Silverbolt. Snaptrap would have been plausible out of Grimlock or Hun-Gurr, really. The rest of the Seacons are a joke to retool compared to that. Alas, it seems unlikely unless they announce them in Wave 5. Which may not even exist.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."

... and this is evidence Hasbro just reuses display models from the previous show ;)

But fear not:

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:30 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

... and this is evidence Hasbro just reuses display models from the previous show ;)

This guy right here is such a tease. I bet they had some Wildfly/Yokuryu plan down the line but scrapped it, at this point.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:35 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

But fear not:

i wish one of these have a running change. :x
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 pm

As for those wondering why I was hoping so much for Piranacon and Monstructor: I grew up with Beast Wars toys, especially those from season 2 onward. Mechanical animal and monsters are my jam so you can imagine how much I wish I could build whole combiner themes of these kind of figures.

To the child in me, they're the coolest stuff ever. Even the lackluster (by comparison) Dinobots of PotP have been a blast.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby EmirateXaaron » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Just found the Wave 2 deluxes (minus Blackwing) at a Wal-Mart in Evansville, IN for $16.82.

I picked up the Rippersnapper, but didn't have the money or desire to get the Dinobots.
EmirateXaaron
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Buy from EmirateXaaron on eBay
Alt Mode: Space tank
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Skritz wrote:As much as people complained about retool abuse in CW, I'd say it would be a serious shame if those new Dinobot and Terrorcons molds aren't reused for Piranacon and Monstructor. The two of which seem sadly less and less plausible, especially since they scrapped those big boxset halfway into Titans Return.

It's a shame because these are both combiners which are well within the possibility of (relatively) cheap engineering. Especially since we've seen that Hun-Gurr shares a skeleton with Silverbolt. Snaptrap would have been plausible out of Grimlock or Hun-Gurr, really. The rest of the Seacons are a joke to retool compared to that. Alas, it seems unlikely unless they announce them in Wave 5. Which may not even exist.

Don't forget, Leozack for the Starscream/Elita-1 mold too.
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Albatross250 wrote:
Skritz wrote:As much as people complained about retool abuse in CW, I'd say it would be a serious shame if those new Dinobot and Terrorcons molds aren't reused for Piranacon and Monstructor. The two of which seem sadly less and less plausible, especially since they scrapped those big boxset halfway into Titans Return.

Or Skyquake. The potential was there for PotP to be truly Combiner Wars 2.0 in full but, sadly, it seems more like it will end with a whimper more than a bang.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

They said the next Trilogy after this was War for Cybertron.

Heck, i would be expecting they're going to use War Within molds, i'll be totally damned.

(Back from topic)
I just wish they use Warpath on the CW Megatron mold for POTP but *sigh*
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Skritz wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:

Or Skyquake. The potential was there for PotP to be truly Combiner Wars 2.0 in full but, sadly, it seems more like it will end with a whimper more than a bang.

I do have to wonder if PotP is suffering from the same fate as parts of Titans Return (like boxsets), where they had a lot planned for the line, but were forced to trim back by corporate decisions. Though nothing is confirmed yet, there is a lot of evidence for big plans being made as well as evidence for the line ending sooner than anyone expected. This also reminds me of the planned Fan Club. Has anyone had the chance to ask the design team about the Transformers Fan Club? I don't know how much they're allowed to say, but some closure on a lot of loose ends would be very welcome. "Where there actually four planned box sets?" "Were the special addition figures leftover from those supposed to be released by the club?" "Any chance of releasing other cancelled figures in the near future (I really want a Godbomber)?" I know the designed team can be very tight-lipped, but there's no harm in asking.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Generations (or at least PotP) getting screwed over wouldn't leave such a sour taste in my mouth if it was scrapped for something good. However, all signs point to more crummy shelf-warming Rid-grade trash. I do wonder if Transformers 5 and Star Wars 8 under performing (and their toys too) isn't what's crippling the other Hasbro things.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Munkky wrote:Elita and Optimus are bought on sight, though Moonracer and Novastar are still on my maybe pile. Predaking does't look very appealing to me, he's not quite as good as Devastator design-wise, and I am a bit sad that Prime Master Onyx will only be sold with Predaking because I wanted every Prime Master but didn't want to add any more Titans to my collection. Speaking of Prime Masters, I love that Bludgeon turns into a weapon made for bludgeoning.

Just because I want some clarification, myself: Did they specifically say that Onyx Prime was ONLY going to be available with Predaking? Because what I heard was "this Onyx Prime, exclusive to this set." Which, to me, could be like a special Predaking deco of the Onyx Prime. Similar to the Blast Off-Megatronus.

IF they only make an Onyx Prime for Predaking, that is really going to change my display layout.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobots Evac Squad HOT SPOT Transformers 2014 Voyager complete 230920A"
Protectobots Evac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON