This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Wonderfest 2018 - Transformers Power of the Primes Display #wf2018w

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Brand Unification is at an all time high, not only are Hasbro and Takara releasing the exact same figures for the Transformers Power of the Primes line but they are revealing them on the very same day (depending on your time zone). We have posted a gallery of all that was shown on the Hasbro side of things today and now, at the other end of the world, fellow Seibertronian Primalxconvoy attended Japan's Wonderfest 2018 and snapped images of these same figures. The big deal here is that they are indeed the same figures.

We get our first look at Takara's POTP Terrorcons and they are listed as PP-21 through PP-25. Along with Predaking listed as PP-31, this confirms that all these combiners will be in the Power of the Primes line, and thus exactly the same as Hasbro, rather than being released in a Unite Warriors line. While it may sound obvious looking at all that has happened so far, there was some hope that the G1 combiners would get a different release in the East, to at least match releases of previous classic combiners like Superion and Computron (Abominus' rival).

But it won't be the case. That does however mean any fan who has an easier time getting the Hasbro product won't have to wait.

The showfloor also had grey models for Optimal Optimus and Predaking, so that's something we didn't see at Toyfair.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Albatross250 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
I expect different paint types for Primal in the :TAKARATOMY: version
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Albatross250 wrote:I expect different paint types for Primal in the :TAKARATOMY: version

lol, prepare to be dissapointed :twisted:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
primalxconvoy wrote:Burn. I spent all of my time, sitting next to the toilets to send these pics. I haven't even had a chance to actually enjoy myself yet.

Dude, seriously ... you shouldn't do that in public man. Nor should you even share such info with us! Come on man ... :wink:

Your tone seems ungrateful, and I don't appreciate that.

And I don't appreciate your constant baiting of me.

A small thank you would be appreciated.

You got your name in the news article. What more do you want? sheesh ... someone really needs of ahem ... enjoy himself some more. Image

However, thanks for the link.

I genuinely thought the necessary e-mail links were floating around some where. (That's more site design stuff so not my area)
-edit-
Just had the reason why they're not displayed explained to me, valid reason.
Plus you apparently had the address already I've been informed.
But hey, not my area. I gotta stop being helpful, it just backfires on me. I'm gonna stick to banning instead. :twisted:

Onto the pictures ... looking at Predaking like that, he doesn't look so bad after all in terms of design. Maybe Toy Fair was mistransformed, posed at a dodgy angle, or something else to make him look off.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Here is my position with this new Optimus Primal.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. Particularly with the gray cockpit chest.

It just looks wrong. If Hasbro has released Leader class Evolution Optimus Prime with his front chest colored any color other than red, with zero attempts at justification for the color change beyond "It's part of this toy's newness", I doubt many would have been that content with it.

And, frankly, I don't really feel that much need for this toy. I currently still own the original Optimal Optimus toy, plus the Masterpiece of Season 1 Primal, and the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary retool of the original Ultra class toy with the show-accurate robot head and gorilla face/robot chest, and the Beast Wars Telemocha Series version of the RobotMasters mold with its show-accurate deco. Not to mention both the Hasbro and Takara versions of the Transmetal Optimus Primal toy with its perfect hoverboarding gorilla mode.

So, what appeal is there, for me personally, towards this new toy that any of the six aforementioned other toys of Primal that I already own don't already cover?

Full disclosure: I ask this as though I were speaking to Hasbro itself, not to us fans.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:Here is my position with this new Optimus Primal.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. Particularly with the gray cockpit chest.

It just looks wrong. If Hasbro has released Leader class Evolution Optimus Prime with his front chest colored any color other than red, with zero attempts at justification for the color change beyond "It's part of this toy's newness", I doubt many would have been that content with it.

And, frankly, I don't really feel that much need for this toy. I currently still own the original Optimal Optimus toy, plus the Masterpiece of Season 1 Primal, and the Beast Wars 10th Anniversary retool of the original Ultra class toy with the show-accurate robot head and gorilla face/robot chest, and the Beast Wars Telemocha Series version of the RobotMasters mold with its show-accurate deco. Not to mention both the Hasbro and Takara versions of the Transmetal Optimus Primal toy with its perfect hoverboarding gorilla mode.

So, what appeal is there, for me personally, towards this new toy that any of the six aforementioned other toys of Primal that I already own don't already cover?

Full disclosure: I ask this as though I were speaking to Hasbro itself, not to us fans.

cuz it was the winner of the vote, they didn't want to make him in the first place I'm sure, and wouldn't have if he didn't win the vote, but he did, so here he is... He actually looks pretty cool all things considered, primals' skateboards bot mode has a lush headsculpt, as does optimal's and the beast modes... It does have a bunch of cool modes, and, again looks like fun what with the surfing thing. I think its great for all the new fans that want an option for a cool generations optimal optimus. I mean it even does the matrix in the chest thing, that's pretty cool.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 pm

I have the same beef with POTP Leader Prime as you have with Leader Optimal Optimus. I dont see the point of it existence when I have something better for all its components. The only difference here is the transformation, how you get from one form to the next. But the final products, the modes, are all kinda redundant compared to other toys we own. I guess Hasbro is hoping we find the journey more rewarding than the destination (which does have a point, depending on what one looks for in a TF toy).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:cuz it was the winner of the vote, they didn't want to make him in the first place I'm sure, and wouldn't have if he didn't win the vote, but he did, so here he is...
Er, the question I asked wasn't one that could be answered with a "Because..." type answer. :???:

Hellscream9999 wrote:primals' skateboards bot mode has a lush headsculpt, as does optimal's and the beast modes... It does have a bunch of cool modes, and, again looks like fun what with the surfing thing.
Again, all that is already covered by one or more of the six figures I already own.

Hellscream9999 wrote:I mean it even does the matrix in the chest thing, that's pretty cool.
Well, yeah, all of the Leader class figures of this line do that. That's part of their gimmick.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

william-james88 wrote:I have the same beef with POTP Leader Prime as you have with Leader Optimal Optimus. I dont see the point of it existence when I have something better for all its components. The only difference here is the transformation, how you get from one form to the next. But the final products, the modes, are all kinda redundant compared to other toys we own. I guess Hasbro is hoping we find the journey more rewarding than the destination (which does have a point, depending on what one looks for in a TF toy).
For the Optimus Prime toy, I could see one making an argument for its Orion Pax component being unique enough since it's the first and so far only toy based directly on Cartoon Orion Pax in existence; something we've never truly had before.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I have the same beef with POTP Leader Prime as you have with Leader Optimal Optimus. I dont see the point of it existence when I have something better for all its components. The only difference here is the transformation, how you get from one form to the next. But the final products, the modes, are all kinda redundant compared to other toys we own. I guess Hasbro is hoping we find the journey more rewarding than the destination (which does have a point, depending on what one looks for in a TF toy).
For the Optimus Prime toy, I could see one making an argument for its Orion Pax component being unique enough since it's the first and so far only toy based directly on Cartoon Orion Pax in existence; something we've never truly had before.

We are still stuck spending all that money just for a smaller bot's robot mode though (since even his alt mode is wrong).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:54 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

We are still stuck spending all that money just for a smaller bot's robot mode though (since even his alt mode is wrong).
Yeah, but it's at least one new thing.

And, well, to be a tad bit fair, Cartoon Orion Pax never did transform into altmode, so we really don't know what he turns into. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic

Last I checked there are a ton of younger/new fans that are pretty over the moon about getting a budget mp-10 that, as a bonus, nets them a show accurate Orion Pax, so, there's that debunked >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:14 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Last I checked there are a ton of younger/new fans that are pretty over the moon about getting a budget mp-10 that, as a bonus, nets them a show accurate Orion Pax, so, there's that debunked >:oP

But the same thing could be said about younger/new fans getting an Optimal Optimus, so that argument cancels itself out.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 am

Yeesh, butt munky:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:00 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I may be way too late with this one, but I don't know so I will ask. Has it been announced which Pretender shells will go with the 12 Prime Masters? So far we got only 3, and 2 more at NYCC, if I saw correctly. That leaves 7 more to go. Is Onyx Prime 1 of the 12, or is he the 13th?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:I may be way too late with this one, but I don't know so I will ask. Has it been announced which Pretender shells will go with the 12 Prime Masters? So far we got only 3, and 2 more at NYCC, if I saw correctly. That leaves 7 more to go. Is Onyx Prime 1 of the 12, or is he the 13th?

So far we have 8 out of 12:

Metalhawk: Vector Prime
Cloudburst: Micronus
Skullgrin: Liege Maximo

Submarauder: Alchemist Prime
Landmine: Alpha Trion (Metalhawk retool)

Octopunch: Solus Prime
Bomb-Burst: Megatronus (Skullgrin retool)
Bludgeon: Quintus Prime

Onyx Prime, Prima, Amalgamous Prime and Nexus Prime have no Shell assigned yet because they haven't been officially revealed. However, except for Onyx Prime, one may use the Waverider shell, a retool of Cloudburst revealed via Legends Grand Maximus. That one should match Micronus in sculpting.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 am

I asked the Takara staff about Optimus Primal; he said that the figure DOESN'T have a ground attack mode, only gorilla, robot and jet mode.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
primalxconvoy wrote:I asked the Takara staff about Optimus Primal; he said that the figure DOESN'T have a ground attack mode, only gorilla, robot and jet mode.

So realistically, the original version is already better.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 am

Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:I asked the Takara staff about Optimus Primal; he said that the figure DOESN'T have a ground attack mode, only gorilla, robot and jet mode.

Possibly. In still going to get this version and the inevitable Primal Prime version. It's my jam.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:

Possibly. In still going to get this version and the inevitable Primal Prime version. It's my jam.

I'd like to get him, just like I wanted to get Generations Rattrap, Waspinator, Optimus Primal, Megatron and Rhinox, which I did, only to find I actually preferred the originals.

Said it before, will keep saying it, those original Beast Wars figures are really hard to beat.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:14 am

Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:

I'd like to get him, just like I wanted to get Generations Rattrap, Waspinator, Optimus Primal, Megatron and Rhinox, which I did, only to find I actually preferred the originals.

Said it before, will keep saying it, those original Beast Wars figures are really hard to beat.

The Perfect Event version should be good enough for you. I love my version.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 am

primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:

Good for you. But you've been told on multiple occasions that 3P discussion belong in the 3P forums.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Albatross250 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
william-james88 wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:I expect different paint types for Primal in the :TAKARATOMY: version

Already disappointed, no TRUKK MODE :evil: :MAXIMAL:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:04 am

Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:

Good for you. But you've been told on multiple occasions that 3P discussion belong in the 3P forums.

Technically, Burn, the original BW figure, which you mentioned in this thread, isn't POTP either, so we're even stevens.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby primalxconvoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:06 am

Albatross250 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Already disappointed, no TRUKK MODE :evil: :MAXIMAL:

MUNKY, NOT TRUKK!

I REALLY hope I'm wrong on this, though.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON