This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Primal space log, Primal surfboard.
Those are the same mode.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Ape, ...surfing Ape
As are these. One's just standing on something while the other isn't.

I still count it, but if we need to get picky, we can call them half modes, so Primal has 2.5 modes, and Optimal has 3+0.5+0.5 = 4, so 6.5 modes overall.

Still counts.
What's different about the two in the first pair?

One is by itself, the other is attached to something else in an entirely different role.

It's my head canon dude, much like SG Roddy
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Vic Zanzibar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Picked up Elita and Hun-Grr today at Target. Elita looks excellent in robot mode and while I don't anticipate ever using it, her torso mode is pretty striking and unique looking too. Hun-Grr is a delight because of how ingenious it is that they got a solid dragon mode out of a Silverbolt retool. He looks good in robot mode too, but the best part is very clearly the torso mode which looks quite phenomenal. Can't wait to get the rest of the limb components. He's gonna look excellent in fully combined mode.
Vic Zanzibar
Minibot

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Vic Zanzibar wrote:Picked up Elita and Hun-Grr today at Target. Elita looks excellent in robot mode and while I don't anticipate ever using it, her torso mode is pretty striking and unique looking too. Hun-Grr is a delight because of how ingenious it is that they got a solid dragon mode out of a Silverbolt retool. He looks good in robot mode too, but the best part is very clearly the torso mode which looks quite phenomenal. Can't wait to get the rest of the limb components. He's gonna look excellent in fully combined mode.

Does your Elita One have her feet on correctly or swapped? In other words, can she make a completely flat-footed A-stance in robot mode, or is it a little wonky?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nice catch there d-max! I've got no space now for leaders so sadly I won't be getting them but if I did I'd just get an evil roddy and good roddy and have them playing chess together as Rodimus tries to outmanoeuvre his nemesis with the fate of cybertron in the balance....well either that or pose them like they're doing a scene from army of darkness.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am

So is Starscream officially a shelfwarmer? Every store I've tried, all I see are rows of Starscreams (No Grimlocks, and certainly no Hun-Grrrs or Elitas)
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Vic Zanzibar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Does your Elita One have her feet on correctly or swapped? In other words, can she make a completely flat-footed A-stance in robot mode, or is it a little wonky?

She appears to be misassembled. Interesting.
Vic Zanzibar
Minibot

Postby Skritz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 am

RiddlerJ wrote:So is Starscream officially a shelfwarmer? Every store I've tried, all I see are rows of Starscreams (No Grimlocks, and certainly no Hun-Grrrs or Elitas)

He certainly is in my region but that's a plus for me! I'm building Thundercrack and Skywarp customs and if he keep warming pegs he'll eventually go on sale so I'll be able to make more seekers. :-D
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby o.supreme » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
RiddlerJ wrote:So is Starscream officially a shelfwarmer? Every store I've tried, all I see are rows of Starscreams (No Grimlocks, and certainly no Hun-Grrrs or Elitas)

It depends on how often they have restocked a particular store. Some stores in my area have nothing. If (like TRU) they keep restocking regularly, then yes I do see SS & Grim regularly at TRU because aside from legends, they haven't got any wave 2 yet.

But most Walmarts & Targets in my area sell out as soon as they come in. I was fortunate to come across a case of wave 2 Voyagers just put out last Thursday at one of my locals walmarts, which is how I got Hun-Gurrr
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Skritz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 am

I should also add that Rodimus Primes are clogging the shelves of TRU while all the Optimus are gone. Guess the geewunners were right that nobody likes Rodimus... :-?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Skritz wrote:I should also add that Rodimus Primes are clogging the shelves of TRU while all the Optimus are gone. Guess the geewunners were right that nobody likes Rodimus... :-?

I've seen Rodimus a total of one time between five stores (not TRU). PotP is still pretty scarce around here.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ZeroWolf wrote:Nice catch there d-max! I've got no space now for leaders so sadly I won't be getting them but if I did I'd just get an evil roddy and good roddy and have them playing chess together as Rodimus tries to outmanoeuvre his nemesis with the fate of cybertron in the balance....well either that or pose them like they're doing a scene from army of darkness.

Once my robots get unpacked (hopefully be tomorrow night) I have a really awesome picture idea based on a toy fair image of MP SG Prime from 2 years ago!
Skritz wrote:I should also add that Rodimus Primes are clogging the shelves of TRU while all the Optimus are gone. Guess the geewunners were right that nobody likes Rodimus... :-?

I have only seen OP and RP once each in stores. I saw 2 SG Roddy on Saturday night, bought one, the other was gone today
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Vic Zanzibar wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Does your Elita One have her feet on correctly or swapped? In other words, can she make a completely flat-footed A-stance in robot mode, or is it a little wonky?

She appears to be misassembled. Interesting.

Sounds like an issue Hasbro is actually never going to address. It'll be interesting to see if Takara's run has the assembly error corrected.

Emerje wrote:I've seen Rodimus a total of one time between five stores (not TRU). PotP is still pretty scarce around here.

Emerje

Power of the Primes is in full swing in Minnesota. Almost every usual big box retail store has at least wave 1 stocked, though Target and Toys 'R' Us are leading the pack in keeping the shelves full while Walmart is more hit and miss, especially over the past few weeks. Wave 1 Prime Masters are plentiful everywhere, but I've seen no sign whatsoever of the Wave to Prime Masters yet. Wave 1 Legends are also plentiful. I the remains of a Wave 2 case at a Target in North St. Paul, but nothing more yet. There are plenty Wave 1 Deluxes to be had, though the Dinobots are a little more scarce than Jazz and Dreadwing (who seems to be least popular). Wave 2 Deluxes have so far only shown up at Walmart all of once. No restock yet. Walmarts around here got a refresh of Wave 2 Voyagers late last week, though, while Target and TRU have a solid supply of Wave 1 Voyagers, with Starscream beating out Grimlock in terms of shelf presence about 2:1. It's not too hard to find any of the Leader figures so far, but Optimus is definitely the most scarce, with regular Rodimus Prime being most plentiful. Rodimus Unicronus is still only showing up at Walmart, but almost every one around here has at least one in stock at any given time.

So, long story short, Wave 1 is pretty much reaching saturation here in Minnesota, with Wave 2 starting to trickle in little by little.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Showing up Online for 16.99

Postby WreckerJack » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
One of our readers has notified us that Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures are showing up on Amazon.com for 16.99. Please do note that they seem to be stocked for this price on and off so there may be some fluctuations as items are purchased and re-stocked. It may be particularly tricky to find some of the more popular figures in this wave for this price for that reason. If you are having difficulty finding them at this price, Target is having an in store sale of Power of the Primes Deluxes so that may also be a good option. Good luck!

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That's the standard price on shelves in my area... Is it not like that everywhere else?

Also, totally got Moonracer for the Target sale price of 14.99 today. WITH the card that I wanted, too! :D
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Skill: 9

Postby WreckerJack » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
DecepticonFinishline wrote:That's the standard price on shelves in my area... Is it not like that everywhere else?

Also, totally got Moonracer for the Target sale price of 14.99 today. WITH the card that I wanted, too! :D

It's the fact that Amazon can have 3rd party (non hasbro) sellers that charge more that 16.99. When hasbro stocks them they are at that price, 3rd party sellers often want more so when the ones hasbro stocks sell out the price goes back up. It can be tricky to get them at the standard price online when they are hard to find.

I looked for her today but my local Target was host to nothing but crickets. Oh well. Happy for you though!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Dr. Caelus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 am

I finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and bought them on BBTS.

At $89.99 for the full wave, and $4 shipping, that's only $1.75 over the retail $16.99 a figure. Given sales tax here is 9.25%, I only overpaid by $0.18 per figure...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:51 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Primal space log, Primal surfboard.
Those are the same mode.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Ape, ...surfing Ape
As are these. One's just standing on something while the other isn't.

I still count it, but if we need to get picky, we can call them half modes, so Primal has 2.5 modes, and Optimal has 3+0.5+0.5 = 4, so 6.5 modes overall.

Still counts.
What's different about the two in the first pair?

One is by itself, the other is attached to something else in an entirely different role.

It's my head canon dude, much like SG Roddy

Primal reminds me of Energon Landmine and Bulkhead. Bulkhead's 'brute mode' consisted of combining with his drone in robot mode, and his attack mode consisted of riding on his drone in helicopter mode. Not too different from Primal.

But Primal also reminds me of Earth X Bruce Banner, so there's definitely fodder for some weird head canon there...
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby reluctantyouth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 am

I snagged Moonracer on Amazon 2 days ago for $16.99. The price fluctuated quite a bit that day too. I got her in the morning around 8:30 AM Central if I remember correctly. Wave 2 has only hit my local Walmarts once here in Central Illinois. I've checked with Walmart reps and they do not have more on order currently.
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Dr. Caelus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 am

I just fixed the feet on my Elita-1. Not worth the trouble, IMO.

Spreading the joint open far enough to remove the toe requires either removing three screws and disassembling the entire lower leg, or removing two screws and carefully spreading the the leg just far enough that the toe will come out without cracking the lower leg. Doing it the first way is certainly less risky, and was what I did for the left leg, but on the right leg, one of the screws was already stripped, such that I had no way to remove it.

Unfortunately, if you spread the joint far enough that toe will come out, you've spread it more than far enough for the spring in Elita Infin1te's shoulder to lock to pop through to the other side. On my fully disassembled leg, fixing that made me feel like I had simultaneously too many fingers and too few. On the partially disassembled leg, fixing it was physically impossible.

Long story short, Elita-1 stands slightly better, but in combined form one of her arms will likely require gravity to hold it in place.
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

-Edward Hoagland"
Caelus wrote:I just fixed the feet on my Elita-1. Not worth the trouble, IMO.

Spreading the joint open far enough to remove the toe requires either removing three screws and disassembling the entire lower leg, or removing two screws and carefully spreading the the leg just far enough that the toe will come out without cracking the lower leg. Doing it the first way is certainly less risky, and was what I did for the left leg, but on the right leg, one of the screws was already stripped, such that I had no way to remove it.

Unfortunately, if you spread the joint far enough that toe will come out, you've spread it more than far enough for the spring in Elita Infin1te's shoulder to lock to pop through to the other side. On my fully disassembled leg, fixing that made me feel like I had simultaneously too many fingers and too few. On the partially disassembled leg, fixing it was physically impossible.

Long story short, Elita-1 stands slightly better, but in combined form one of her arms will likely require gravity to hold it in place.

That sucks! That's exactly why I was hoping later runs would fix this issue, like we saw with the running change in that one peg hole in Starscream's back for his wing assembly in robot mode. If Hasbro doesn't fix this and Takara doesn't either, I'll just leave well enough alone. Sorry that your figure came out a bit worse for your troubles, Caelus. :(
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
All of Power of the Primes Wave 2 deluxes are back in stock on Amazon.com for $16.99 with free Prime shipping, with the exception of short packed Blackwing (aka Darkwing)

Moonracer: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... =moonracer

Snarl: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Sludge: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Rippersnapper: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... persnapper
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Caelus wrote:I just fixed the feet on my Elita-1. Not worth the trouble, IMO.

That sucks! That's exactly why I was hoping later runs would fix this issue, like we saw with the running change in that one peg hole in Starscream's back for his wing assembly in robot mode. If Hasbro doesn't fix this and Takara doesn't either, I'll just leave well enough alone. Sorry that your figure came out a bit worse for your troubles, Caelus. :(

I did the repair swap in less than 10 minutes with minimal trouble or fuss.

Do what you gotta do, but I can't see leaving an incorrectly figure that's easily remedied in that situation.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I missed the memo. What's wrong with Elita 1's legs?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Seibertron wrote:I missed the memo. What's wrong with Elita 1's legs?

The feet can be assembled on the wrong sides, preventing her from planting them flat.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I had no trouble swapping them either. I even had the little spring for the combiner socket pop out, but it was easy to put back in.

I've finally gotten all of the Wave 2 Deluxes thanks to Amazon and Walmart. Sludge just arrived from Amazon today. Now I await Wave 3.

Volcanicus is pretty fun. I'm a sucker for combiners. It's so much fun to combine them.

"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Courage: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317B"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 16A (CA) Guidi"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 2RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210492 Ramondelli"
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 9A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906A"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON