This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Seibertron wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I find these more worthless personally. At least with previous TM's I could ignore them cos they weren't based on characters I cared about but these? They is spitting on my Pretender dreams. :(

FYI ... I accidentally clicked "edit" on your post instead of quote, hopefully I restored your post as best as I could!

I feel the same way. I keep telling the brand team that I want Pretenders. They probably think I'm crazy. But I really want to see the Pretenders done with modern toy technology, whether it's the traditional concept for with a modern action figure type "shell" with inner robot, or with an "inner" robot that can transform into a vehicle AND becomes armor to upgrade the action figure "shell" character (in lieu of fitting in an actual shell). I really don't care about the robot actually being able to go inside a "shell" as long as the robot somehow can "hide" away by either integrating inside of the shell or by becoming an upgrade set for the "shell". I quoted the word "shell" because I'm referencing the humanoid shell character/figure versus the inner robot character/figure.

I think someone will come up with an exciting way to redo these characters at some point that will honor their heritage properly. The Pretenders really struck a chord with me on many levels from their introduction in the comics, to being the first mainline concept to be excluded from the Hasbro cartoons (excluding Mini-Spies and Decoys), to just really inspiring me as a kid. I loved playing with them and I loved having 2 toys in one. I even used to count them as 2 separate Transformers in my figure count when I was a kid. My mom wouldn't let me spend my Christmas and birthday money on Fortress Maximus, but she let me buy all 6 of the wave 1 Autobot and Decepticon Pretenders. While I was disappointed with not getting Fort Max, I loved playing with my Pretenders as a kid. Imagine my joy 7 years later in 1995 when I discovered Masterforce thanks to a bootleg VHS dealer at a comic convention!

To be perfectly fair, matryushka doll-like figures like our Pretenders can be hard to deal with on a marketing level, as with everything said and done, you'd effectively be buying two figures for the price of one as you stated. However, Engineering is a different thing, and one that should not be taken lightly as depending on how the "storing" is done, the "Shell" can be either sturdy, or very fragile.

The G1 Pretenders had the inner robots fold up, and stored in a central cavity with arms. That can be extended to arms + legs with modern technology. That works beautifully with full joints from the get go.
Now, having the "shell" limbs integrated with the robot limbs, that's asking for trouble. Bandai's Gordian used that principle and as a result, in addition to using metallic blue plastic that suffers from "Popy Disease" (precursor to our GPS), is fragile, due in part to having hollow limbs with (thin) joints on the outside. I haven't heard of any problems with it's successor Soul of Chogokin GX-39 Baikanfu, with a similar system however, but that's a high end collectible with better materials.

In short, Pretenders can be redone, all it takes is something to make the idea appealing, and the right designs to make them last.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby bodrock » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
I've seen some wicked custom Pretenders before, but would love to see a true modern update from HasTak themselves. That said, I enjoyed hunting the G1 originals down last year, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of them, despite the lack of articulation and the age of the toys themselves (GPS, mottled plastics, etc.). I'm still looking forward to getting them all, mainly because I like using the Prime cores as heads....and using the shells as weapons for their G1 counterparts.

No luck finding Subz or Landmine, but I'm still happy about finally finding Moonracer. :x
IMG_1593.JPG
Super Shooter
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 am

I have to say, I think Hasbro nailed it choosing to create small Pretenders. Having a main line that comes across like bloated, stiff he-man figures is an awkward product to market and sell.

These come across as roughly human sized compared with the other robot figures, and have a lot of playability being targetmasters and 'matrices". Great to get some of the monster characters without them seeming awkward being giant humanoid shells. These just have a good feel at the small size.

But better than that, I think the play pattern could have more uses... that it could be implemented in future lineups as the monster shells for Dinoking and Monstructor small robots?? I'd buy some dinosaurs and monsters with tiny robots inside.

Here's hoping.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Personally I'm of the opinion that a straight redo of the Pretender gimmick on a mainline Hasbro budget would not work well unless they made the actual robot components Micromaster sized. Because really for a modernized Pretender to work it'd need much better poseability than just the arms- at least Marvel Legends level.

I can see three ways of doing them:

1: Modular, snap-on armour pieces as opposed to a full "shell", like Beast Hunters did with Shockwave and Smokescreen...except hopefully better.

2: Make them regular Transformers but with influences from the shells in both modes (see ROTF Bludgeon, 2010 Skullgrin etc).

3: As above but homage the gimmick by making them TR compatible. A tiny robot controlling a bigger, more powerful body makes sense after all. Alternatively, make them non-transforming action figures (like a Marvel Legend) that instead of a regular head has a TR-style headmaster, or alternatively a Titan/Prime Master style figure that sits in a little cockpit in the chest.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Hey. Yeah, that's a decent option. The character with all the personality transforms — like 2010 Skullgrin — but has a tiny figure to go in the cockpit. I'd take that.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Galactic Prime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Pretenders were a stupid concept that need to stay dead.
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Hotconvoy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Galactic Prime wrote:Pretenders were a stupid concept that need to stay dead.

And what do you think that Primemasters are?
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hotconvoy wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Pretenders were a stupid concept that need to stay dead.

And what do you think that Primemasters are?

I think he knows that.

I would love to see the return of pretenders, especially now that we have better engineering at our disposal. That's why I love these prime masters (and hope we can complete the set of 12 since we all know they'll never make a prime master for the thirteenth, considering his identity; -)) They are just so fun to mess around with
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I don't need traditional pretenders, but, since warden has a boner for everything G1, I'm sure we'll be seeing them soon enough, I think they could work with upscaled primemaster shells with additional articulation in the arms with a legends class figure inside, they've easily been the best size class throughout recent years, and this way it wouldn't break the bank or require ridiculous engineering like the mp king exkaiser set ;)^
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
While on the subject, it seems my mother-in-law has found my 3 Prime Masters and actually thought they looked cute. She has a bit of a thing for Matryoshka dolls, so that may be partially why.

See, there are fans outside of the TF fandom :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:I don't need traditional pretenders, but, since warden has a boner for everything G1, I'm sure we'll be seeing them soon enough, I think they could work with upscaled primemaster shells with additional articulation in the arms with a legends class figure inside, they've easily been the best size class throughout recent years, and this way it wouldn't break the bank or require ridiculous engineering like the mp king exkaiser set ;)^

I'm still waiting for updated Actionmasters. Mostly Banzaitron. Even if I'm not sure if we'd see them as proper AM or just updated as regular figures.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I would love a new Banzaitron figure that's not a repaint of something else. He's way to cool of a character to receive nothing but exclusive repaints. That's to say nothing of all the neat looking characters that didn't even get that much like Skyfall, Rollout, Over-Run, Sprocket, Gutcruncher, Powerflash, Charger, and Windmill.

Just kidding, not Windmill. :lol:

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby bodrock » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 am

I missed out on the G1 Powermasters, and with PotP, I now have Blackwing & Dreadwind -- together, at last.
IMG_1670.PNG
Starscream & the Jets
They look great with the New Seekers from TR. :CON:
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
bodrock wrote:I missed out on the G1 Powermasters, and with PotP, I now have Blackwing & Dreadwind -- together, at last.
IMG_1670.PNG
They look great with the New Seekers from TR. :CON:

Wait a sec, is SlugSlinger in Gerwalk mode?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 3 Deluxes Found in New Zealand Plus In Hand Pics of Blot

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
New Zealand seems to be the hit place of 2018 for new Transformers sightings. They are now the first country to get the third wave of deluxes from Power of the Primes. This wave includes Sinnertwin, Blot and Cutthroat. These have been found at Toyworld in the city of Aukland and while Toyworld usually happens to be pricier than non specialized outlets, these were priced at $27.99 NZD which comes out to about $20 USD, which is the MSRP for these figures. Several sightings were reported on TFNZ and one of the site's members, python5003, posted in hand images of Blot on Photobucket (which we mirrored below).

Now, while this may seem early, which is it, it should be noted that the wave 2 deluxes have yet to be found in New Zealand (and is not commonly found in other parts of the world). Wave 3 is scheduled to hit stores in summer so don't expect these to hit the US tomorrow. We thank westjames/notirish for sending this news out way.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 3 Deluxes Found in New Zealand Plus In Hand Pics of Blot

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:Image

Just saying, this beast mode looks really cool.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby Brakethrough » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Well now I need to buy TWO Blots because that magnificent frown is getting turned into an IDW Crank Case.
"A polar bear is dropkicked by a robot that turns into a police car."
Brakethrough
Targetmaster

Postby bodrock » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 pm

The TERRORCONS!!!! I can't wait to hunt 'em down.

And yes, Slugslinger was totally doing the Gerwalk, Will! ;)
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Do we know who's in the other figure slot(s) of Wave 3? I assume it's a repack (or two) from a previous wave.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby KVO Prime » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 am

I've finally figured out what Blot's alt-mode is. He's a Krogan!! :twisted: :michaelbay:
KVO Prime
Minibot

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:32 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Now I see what everyone was raving about Blot's hands.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hotconvoy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Wolfman Jake wrote:Do we know who's in the other figure slot(s) of Wave 3? I assume it's a repack (or two) from a previous wave.

It's going to be two of Jazz per-case
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:35 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That blot looks amazing, loving his claws, can't wait for more pictures. Especially the in hand pictures of abominus
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:18 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Blot continues to look like the standout figure of POTP. I needs him even if I don't get the rest of the Terrorcons (which I want to).
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7

Postby SureShot18 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:06 am

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I’m at a weird spot with the Terrorcons. I really dig the looks of Rippersnapper and Blot but the others are pretty bland in my opinion. My gut(and wallet) says it’s all or nothing but I may still get those two.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #18 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 NOV220243 18B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #18 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #12 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 JUL220210 12A (CA) Tonton Revolver"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230144 22B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #22 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230234 20A (CA) Spears (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #20 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #349 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1023IM373 349A (W) McFarlane (CA) Sabbatini"
SPAWN #349 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230291 343B (W) McConville (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #8 DF sketch Image Comics 2023 MAY221411 (CA) Haeser 230926Z"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #9 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220311 9B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #9 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #334 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220245 334B (W) McConville (CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #334 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230357 345A (CA) Mele 231222E"
NEW!
SPAWN #345 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230358 345B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #345 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220208 11A (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1123IM225 350C (CA) Stegman"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr C I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON