This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Autobot N » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I want to give a quick thanks for putting up with me and all my questions, but I have just one last thing to ask: What specific time would the SDCC exclusives be made available? Will I have to get up at midnight to get them?

Sadly nobody knows.

Oh and the Takara release of Throne if the Primes will likely be the exact same, down to the QC

Yeah, but shipping will most likely be a pain.
It's available through BBTS for $90, with $4 flat rate shipping.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Autobot N wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I want to give a quick thanks for putting up with me and all my questions, but I have just one last thing to ask: What specific time would the SDCC exclusives be made available? Will I have to get up at midnight to get them?

Sadly nobody knows.

Oh and the Takara release of Throne if the Primes will likely be the exact same, down to the QC

Yeah, but shipping will most likely be a pain.
It's available through BBTS for $90, with $4 flat rate shipping.

Which, by the time you pay tax and shipping costs, won't be that far off HTS, so it's actually about the same, with a 5 month gap between releases is all.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:January of 2019, yes. On the plus side, this seems to be a general retail release as no stores are explicitly advertised.

As an aside, someone asked in a different thread what exactly was wrong with Prime Wars Blast Off... nothing major, just that his shoulders are swapped: both UW Blast Off and UW Shuttler has the raised section pointing away from the cockpit, not towards like this Blast Off does. No worries, it only really affects the limb mode, and even then it's dealing with how to tuck away the arms. Just take an example from UW Strafe and set them as a 45 degree angle.

Do you think it's possible to "correct" Hasbro's arm assembly to work more like what Takara did for Unite Warriors Shuttler/Movor?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:05 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:January of 2019, yes. On the plus side, this seems to be a general retail release as no stores are explicitly advertised.

As an aside, someone asked in a different thread what exactly was wrong with Prime Wars Blast Off... nothing major, just that his shoulders are swapped: both UW Blast Off and UW Shuttler has the raised section pointing away from the cockpit, not towards like this Blast Off does. No worries, it only really affects the limb mode, and even then it's dealing with how to tuck away the arms. Just take an example from UW Strafe and set them as a 45 degree angle.

Do you think it's possible to "correct" Hasbro's arm assembly to work more like what Takara did for Unite Warriors Shuttler/Movor?

Yes. Someone on Twitter said you can pop the arms off at the shoulders and the forearms are on mushroom pegs so they can easily come off too. Keep in mind I haven't done this and wouldn't recommend it because there always a chance of breaking the joint.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Lunatic Prime » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 am

Motto: "For 'cons I'm annoying like a swarm of Scraplets."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:No worries, it only really affects the limb mode, and even then it's dealing with how to tuck away the arms.

It also interferes with the cockpit section that collapses onto the middle section of the Body/torso. The Side flaps collide with the upper arms.
My customs thread [click image]:
Check out my DEVIANT ART and Twitter, too ;)

new stuff (designs, innovation, character interpretations and evolution), bots with more or less than four limbs, non-humanoid robot modes

Dislikes:
sticking to outdated stuff, ignorance, stubbornness

And I am not a completionist. I buy what I judge being cool to me.
Lunatic Prime
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Lunatic Prime on YouTube
Buy from Lunatic Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Triplechanger - dragon and giant monowheel
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Emerje » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
For those wondering when the SDCC exclusives will go online here's a quick list of of previous approximate times they went live. All times EDT.

SDCC 2017 - 2pm
SDCC 2016 - 11am
SDCC 2015 - 11:20am
SDCC 2014 - 10am
SDCC 2013 - 3:30pm

So yeah, it's pretty random, but it looks like you wont have to look for them before 9am. It was even worse until recently where they wouldn't even tell us what day they were going up (it was usually the week after SDCC so it wasn't a long wait).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yes. Someone on Twitter said you can pop the arms off at the shoulders and the forearms are on mushroom pegs so they can easily come off too. Keep in mind I haven't done this and wouldn't recommend it because there always a chance of breaking the joint.

Which is why I'm keeping mine as is. I did have to cut off some flash from the left leg, in the combiner port cavity. It left a tiny nick but it's hardly visible.
By the way, my clear Megatronus has a bit of a paint oddity, in that the right arm is two-toned. Upper arm is a darker grey, found nowhere on him, while the rest is the same grey as the rest of the figure. Is that me being "lucky" again?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Missing only Firestar at this point, I give you the Ladies of generations! (with Superion and Sky Lynx)

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nautica looks like she's about to push windblade off the table :lol: nice shot there D-max :-)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Nautica looks like she's about to push windblade off the table :lol: nice shot there D-max :-)

Thanks!

It's actually really cool to see the progression of our female compatriots. We got 3 in Thrilling 30, 7 in Combiner Wars (6 plus combined form), 4 in Titans Return (Titan masters count), and now 4 in Power of the Primes (5 including Elita Inf!nite). It's a nice progression, and we have at least 1 confirmed for Siege. I do hope for another Nautica figure down the line though
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:51 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Nautica looks like she's about to push windblade off the table :lol: nice shot there D-max :-)

Thanks!

It's actually really cool to see the progression of our female compatriots. We got 3 in Thrilling 30, 7 in Combiner Wars (6 plus combined form), 4 in Titans Return (Titan masters count), and now 4 in Power of the Primes (5 including Elita Inf!nite). It's a nice progression, and we have at least 1 confirmed for Siege. I do hope for another Nautica figure down the line though

I take you're not gonna count the Japan-only releases?

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:53 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Thanks!

I take you're not gonna count the Japan-only releases?

I was counting the Hasbro ladies over the past 5 years, though I can count the Takara only ladies as well, which would add 6 from Unite Warriors and at least 3 from Legends
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Power of the Primes Wave 4 Deluxe Novastar found at U.S. retail

Postby notsoalex » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Many were worried that our first toy of Firestar would only end up in a few collector's hands thanks to being in the final wave, but Power of the Primes Novastar has already been seen on U.S. shelves! Found in an unknown store in Edinboro, PA, this sighting comes to us from Reddit user Guitarsnmotorcycles over at the Transformers subreddit in this post:

Look who I found already (Edinboro PA)

While this doesn't necessarily mean distribution will be good, it does raise the possibility to happen! This could be good news for those on the lookout for Novastar, as well as possibly lending credence to the idea that Hasbro's new four-wave system does result in (at least marginally) better distribution. Share your thoughts on this development over at the Energon Pub Forums, and keep your eyes on Seibertron.com for more news and exciting sightings!
Got some news! Contact us here!
notsoalex
News Staff
News Credits: 171
Watch notsoalex on YouTube
Alt Mode: A bad car
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 pm

I just got Moonracer here, so Novastar is a given to get. This should also mean Slug, Rippersnapper and Blackwing will be sticking around for a while longer.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Well there you go, wave 4 has not been skipped in the US.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i have already preordered the Takara tommy novastar as i didnt want to take a chance at not getting her
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay, so, after a bunch of priorities kept putting it off for me, I finally took the time to open up my Blast Off w/ Megatronus set.

Being a Takara-original design, Blast Off is a bit more complex to transform than the average Hasbro-designed CW Deluxe, but he's got zero QC issues.

Megatronus, however, I'm sad to say, is not so pristine. His left shoulder joint has a defect. The inner cavity on the arm that the shoulder peg slots into is missing some plastic that is meant to make the hole a complete circle, making the cavity slightly larger than it should be and thus making the arm's connection to the torso rather loose and delicate. It'll stay on if I'm gentle with the little figure and don't move the arm, but it does come off rather easily. On the flipside, this defect does give the left arm a greater range of motion than it was intended to have, but it also makes Megatronus look like his left shoulder is constantly sagging and slouching while his right shoulder remains firm at attention.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby DeathReviews » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Ultra Markus wrote:i have already preordered the Takara tommy novastar as i didnt want to take a chance at not getting her

I'll get Novastar simply because this mold makes a great gestalt arm. Paired with Moonracer, it'll give good symmetry and balance to a combiner...
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby bodrock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:57 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
The Hunt is on! I'm hoping she somehow appears this week, but when I went to Target today, there was no sign of wave 2+, but plenty of Cyberverse.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:28 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Which is why I'm keeping mine as is. I did have to cut off some flash from the left leg, in the combiner port cavity. It left a tiny nick but it's hardly visible.
By the way, my clear Megatronus has a bit of a paint oddity, in that the right arm is two-toned. Upper arm is a darker grey, found nowhere on him, while the rest is the same grey as the rest of the figure. Is that me being "lucky" again?

I just went ahead and did the arm swap on my Hasbro Blast Off. It was pretty easy. First, I popped the arms off at the shoulder ball joints and switched them. Then I slid off the arms from the bicep down at the mushroom peg joints and switched those around. The arms are now configured exactly as they are on Takara's Shuttler/Movor figure. It doesn't change the fact that the hollow bits in the forearms are exposed in shuttle mode (Shuttler/Movor is like that too, unfortunately), but it does help with some of the tolerance issues with the shoulders getting in the way of other parts of the shuttle.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
I wonder how much of a bother it would be to rebuild Novastar to transform like Firestar's actual cartoon design does, or if I'd be better off customizing a TR Kup to be her cartoon body.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I just picked up Novastar at my Walmart this morning. She finally showed up with Blackwing and Rippersnapper. :lol: :lol:
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
bodrock wrote:The Hunt is on! I'm hoping she somehow appears this week, but when I went to Target today, there was no sign of wave 2+, but plenty of Cyberverse.

Dont waste your time looking for her at Target, the way things have gone retailers are rarely in sync. If you go hunting for her this week, just look for her at Walmart
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby mordhelm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
So has Optimal Optimus (not Throne) been spotted at US retail yet? I cannot remember.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13

Postby Emerje » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:25 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
mordhelm wrote:So has Optimal Optimus (not Throne) been spotted at US retail yet? I cannot remember.

Not according to the sightings section.

So, anyone else camping HTS right now for SDCC exclusives? I started at 9am just to be safe since they're so unpredictable. Hopefully this isn't another 2 or 3pm year.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE BEST OF SNAKE EYES IDW Comics 2022 APR221559 (CA) Biggie"
GI JOE BEST OF SNA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON