This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay and the Edit of Transformers

Postby Hotrod » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:37 pm

A new article about the Transformers Movie was posted on FXGuide.com. The article is about how Micheal Bay, the film's director, went about editing the movie. Read the article by clicking FXGuide.com. To find news about other articles about the Transformers Movie, check out the Seibertron.com Transformers Movie Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Zeds » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Can't wait for the DVD release of this movie with all the extras and the dirctor's cut and all that other savory stuff that makes my mouth water!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Bouncy X » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:59 pm

so since the 360 game got the "cybertron edition" title....does this mean they wont be able to use that for the dvd release? lol

and i'm willing to bet there will be an autobot and decepticon cover to make the hardcore collectors buy it twice..lol
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Myriagon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 pm

man i really wanna get teh dvd just to see the movie frame after frame after frame and again, lol.
Myriagon
Micromaster

Postby Zeds » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:22 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Myriagon wrote:man i really wanna get teh dvd just to see the movie frame after frame after frame and again, lol.

QFT! That will fast become a past time for me when the DVD is in-hand.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Kalon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 pm

I know how he edited the movie, I don't need to read a story about it. He did it just like shown in my sig.
Artwork by the talented Shinju-Chan
Facts are facts
Kalon
Banned

Postby Obi-Wan Kenobi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Kalon wrote:I know how he edited the movie, I don't need to read a story about it. He did it just like shown in my sig.

don't see how nor agree with the edit did that to the Transformers. Have you read the article to see how much effort was invovled or do you simply dismiss it because this film wasn't to your taste?
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Micromaster

Postby Kalon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:47 pm

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Kalon wrote:I know how he edited the movie, I don't need to read a story about it. He did it just like shown in my sig.

don't see how nor agree with the edit did that to the Transformers. Have you read the article to see how much effort was invovled or do you simply dismiss it because this film wasn't to your taste?

Having worked as an editor(Trained in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier and Avid Xpress) I know the process. The movie was a waste of film.
Artwork by the talented Shinju-Chan
Facts are facts
Kalon
Banned

Postby Robinson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:48 pm

Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby xxaMaxx » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Kalon wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Having worked as an editor(Trained in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier and Avid Xpress) I know the process. The movie was a waste of film.

Funny, I'm not trained in video yet feel that I am more than capable of evaluating this movie myself. It's not going to win Oscar's, but it is entertaining.
xxaMaxx
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Phenotype » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Kalon wrote:Having worked as an editor(Trained in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier and Avid Xpress) I know the process. The movie was a waste of film.

There's really no pleasing you is there? I guess you'll just have to cry yourself to sleep again tonight.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby KoH4711 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:41 pm

“I watched the first episode of the [1984] TV series just to get a flavor”, says Rubell. “I didn't want to be influenced beyond that. None of the editors are fan-boys, so we were often taken to the Bay woodshed for cutting out some important reference to the original series.

I found that bit of the article pretty interesting. It would be nice if they did an extra showing some of these homages that might be missed the first time through.
KoH4711
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Thats all good, but whens the DVD with all the extra extended stuff coming out!?!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Mkall » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:49 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Knock it off guys. Kalon has the right to his opinion

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby demarcusgd » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm a G1'er and even I've got to say, seriously movie haters and Opinion Police knock it off... The movie came out, Bay's gets the last laugh, G1 purists are still grumbling and we'll all be doing this same dance when TF2 comes out... at any rate...

Good article, though I didn't care for the flick, I liked the technical info. And this isn't a dig, but jeez, I bet Bay can be a nightmare to edit for, his style seems like murder... I thought a rather odd tidbit was that the editors were "taken to the woodshed" by Bay, for editing out material that referenced the series, there's a joke in there somewhere.
demarcusgd
Micromaster

Postby atatcommander » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Very interesting article, and awesome movie. Can't wait for the sequel.
atatcommander
Micromaster

Postby Lord_Megatron » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:48 pm

atatcommander wrote:Very interesting article, and awesome movie. Can't wait for the sequel.

I couldn't agree with you more!
Lord_Megatron
Mini-Con

Postby Ravage XK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:24 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Stuff the DVD, I need Blu Ray.

Why on earth would they edit out stuff the core fans would appreciate? It makes no sense I tell you!

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:15 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ravage XK wrote:Stuff the DVD, I need Blu Ray.

Why on earth would they edit out stuff the core fans would appreciate? It makes no sense I tell you!

Because Bay didnt want to make a toy movie and he had no clue bout TF to start with. That and he had to make a movie that evrey one would like not just the core fans. Even though i think he could've made a G1 movie and evrey one would've still liked it. Im suprised half the G1 reffrences made it in. Im sure there was alot that got cut that was based on G1. I liked the movie. It wasnt the best thing to come from TF but it sure as hell is better than what we've had for the past 5 years or so. For all of those that say "oh the movie sucked it ruined TF" go and watch the hole armada, and cybertron series back to back then watch the movie and tell me that its the worst thing in the TF universe.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Fireblast » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:01 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:Stuff the DVD, I need Blu Ray.

Because Bay didnt want to make a toy movie and he had no clue bout TF to start with. That and he had to make a movie that evrey one would like not just the core fans. Even though i think he could've made a G1 movie and evrey one would've still liked it. Im suprised half the G1 reffrences made it in. Im sure there was alot that got cut that was based on G1. I liked the movie. It wasnt the best thing to come from TF but it sure as hell is better than what we've had for the past 5 years or so. For all of those that say "oh the movie sucked it ruined TF" go and watch the hole armada, and cybertron series back to back then watch the movie and tell me that its the worst thing in the TF universe.

No, Cybertron didn't ruin Transformers. The only bad thing wrong with it was Hasbro trying to make it tie into Armada and Energon. Energon was terrible. What was really bad was Beast Machines. It had good writing but the whole Transformers race is organic didn't sell on me. I think the movie was a plus and a minus. It's a plus because the interest in Transformers is an all time high. The minus is well, Hasbro, since the designs have thousands of moving pieces it would be impossible to ever make a movie accurate Transformer. Toywise what is debatable that ruined Transformers is those pathetic Animorphs toys that transformed when Beast Machines was out and Star Wars Transformers which a majority sit on stores shelves here.
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby Kayevcee » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:52 am

I'll tell you what ruined Transformers. Message boards. Think about it. When was the last time you heard someone moaning about how TF was doomed while it was actually selling by the trolley-load before you discovered the internet?

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon

Postby Low Convoy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:16 am

Kayevcee wrote:I'll tell you what ruined Transformers. Message boards. Think about it. When was the last time you heard someone moaning about how TF was doomed while it was actually selling by the trolley-load before you discovered the internet?

-Nick

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER

Nuff said. :grin:
Low Convoy
Mini-Con

Postby Kayevcee » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:57 am

Bingo.

-Nick
Kayevcee
Vehicon

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210493 35A (CA) Samu (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #27 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM824 (CA) Howard 240210"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #17 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 17B NOV190599"
TRANSFORMERS #17 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON