This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Masterpiece: General Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece: General Discussion

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Kurona wrote:Know what would be nice? If the MP+ line instead focused on toy accuracy. MPs as is are animation-accurate as heck, it'd be nice to throw a bone or two to the toy fans. Heck, they're doing a toy-accurate repaint of Primal of all characters; why not others?

MP-? :lol:

...wait a minute, that could actually work...have the MP+ line give cartoon tune-ups (toon-ups?) to older molds, then have an MP- line make toy-accurate versions? I feel like that'd be cool...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby sol magnus » Wed May 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Kurona wrote:Know what would be nice? If the MP+ line instead focused on toy accuracy. MPs as is are animation-accurate as heck, it'd be nice to throw a bone or two to the toy fans. Heck, they're doing a toy-accurate repaint of Primal of all characters; why not others?

MP-18S, Hasbro MP Prime, Rodimus, and MP Soundwave might disagree with this statement. They have done nods to the toy rather than cartoon in terms of deco. Indeed, my own Masterpiece collection skews toward my favorite memories. My first Transformer was Soundwave. I absolutely wanted the figure, but when I found out Hasbro was doing him in toy accurate yellow eyes (as well as all cassettes for 130), I waited for the domestic release. Instead of MP-18, I opted for MP-18S due to that being the toy I had as a kid and I didn't want to get multiple versions (although I did get MP-18B because...I had to).

They seem to have lessened this approach, while not backing off it entirely. I thought they would have done Ultra Magnus in lighter toy blue for US market, but it didn't happen. I thought he was a shoe-in, considering he isn't licensed.

The MP+ line seems to retroactively make the normal additions more toy-like by default.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 am

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Having just received MP Dirge this morning and finally completing the MP seekers. I certainly hope they don't design another mould (at least not for another few years anyway).

Not that they don't need it because they do, they really, really do. However having just spent the best part of £800 collecting the bloody things, I don't think my wallet could take having to do it all over again. lol
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:41 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Come to think of it actually, there is one character I'd like in the MP+ line - Prowl. If only because the cartoon accuracy would lead them to actually giving him his actual shoulder launchers :HEADHURTS:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:58 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Kurona wrote:Come to think of it actually, there is one character I'd like in the MP+ line - Prowl. If only because the cartoon accuracy would lead them to actually giving him his actual shoulder launchers :HEADHURTS:
The ones he didn't have in the cartoon?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:33 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Sent to the news staff already. Here is Masterpiece Dirge review until a better one comes along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Llga1EQG0c
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Video Review of MP 11 ND Masterpiece Dirge

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertronian DecepticonFinishline sent us a review of Masterpiece MP 11 ND Dirge. He made it himself since he couldn't find others and wanted to share what he thought of the toy. Thanks for taking one for the team, DecepticonFinishline. And to the rest of our comunity, enjoy!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Having just received MP Dirge this morning and finally completing the MP seekers. I certainly hope they don't design another mould (at least not for another few years anyway).

Not that they don't need it because they do, they really, really do. However having just spent the best part of £800 collecting the bloody things, I don't think my wallet could take having to do it all over again. lol
Yeah, with Dirge on the way, and owning every other officially released MP Seeker (even the "USA Edition" of MP-3!), plus the iGear Coneheads and even two iGear prototypes for Rainmaker and Acid Storm, I want MP Seekers to be done. They'll find me buried under them on an episode of Hoarders at this rate :lol:

I bet Hasbro's got a Skywarp lined up though :BOOM:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby shajaki » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
I've been thinking about the future of the MP line....

Lets just say we get the entire G1 cartoon cast, would you want more? Think about what's being released in TR right now. Would you buy an MP Topspin? How about an MP Krok? Point is, once the main meat and potatoes of Masterpiece is served, are you going to have room for more? :-?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
shajaki wrote:I've been thinking about the future of the MP line....

Lets just say we get the entire G1 cartoon cast, would you want more? Think about what's being released in TR right now. Would you buy an MP Topspin? How about an MP Krok? Point is, once the main meat and potatoes of Masterpiece is served, are you going to have room for more? :-?

Well...if things go that long, here's what I predict.
We have G1 Masterpieces. We have Beast Wars Masterpieces. We have movie Masterpieces. In time, I think we'll have Beast Machines, RiD '01, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated, Prime, RiD '15...maybe even IDW Masterpieces! :ic$:
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Endurance: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Bumblebee21 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
So much hate for the bw MPs.

Meh. Tru topsin and twintwist are my mp twintwist
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm

shajaki wrote:I've been thinking about the future of the MP line....

If by some miracle Takara manages to get through the entire 1984-1987 cast of the G1 cartoon, and were compelled to continue making figures for the line, they'd probably just move on to making MPs for Masterforce, Victory, Zone, etc.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Sigma Magnus wrote:Well...if things go that long, here's what I predict.
We have G1 Masterpieces. We have Beast Wars Masterpieces. We have movie Masterpieces. In time, I think we'll have Beast Machines, RiD '01, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated, Prime, RiD '15...maybe even IDW Masterpieces! :ic$:
My head would literally explode if we got BM MP's :x

Sabrblade wrote:]If by some miracle Takara manages to get through the entire 1984-1987 cast of the G1 cartoon, and were compelled to continue making figures for the line, they'd probably just move on to making MPs for Masterforce, Victory, Zone, etc.
True.... but my question isn't so much about where you think the line will go, but if they start going off the reservation, will you still be game?

Personally I'm down for everything and anything.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Insurgent » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:44 pm

As I've already decided the only g1 MP's I'll get in future is jazz and Galvatron, no i woud not. I would only get mp best wars in future
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:01 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
shajaki wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:Well...if things go that long, here's what I predict.
My head would literally explode if we got BM MP's :x

Masterpiece (Fat) Tankor. =P~
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 am

GOD yes I'd love an MP Krok! :D
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

Kurona wrote:GOD yes I'd love an MP Krok! :D

Wouldnt that just be a fully poseable action figure?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 am

william-james88 wrote:

And that's the beauty of it! Since all they have to do is essentially make a highly-articulated highly-detailed action figure with multiple accessories, the engineering costs and hence likely the price of the actual figures AND manufacturing time would go down dramatically - meaning they'd be so easy to pick up and purchase! BRING ON THE MASTERPIECE ACTION MASTERS!!!

Also I love Krok so
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 am

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

And that's the beauty of it! Since all they have to do is essentially make a highly-articulated highly-detailed action figure with multiple accessories, the engineering costs and hence likely the price of the actual figures AND manufacturing time would go down dramatically - meaning they'd be so easy to pick up and purchase! BRING ON THE MASTERPIECE ACTION MASTERS!!!

Also I love Krok so

I just thought of something, did the Japanese get the action masters? I dont think so. So the MP would have to come from Hasbro, which makes it less possible to exist. In an ideal world, Bandai would get the license to make those as highly poseable action figures.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 am

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Also I love Krok so

I just thought of something, did the Japanese get the action masters? I dont think so. So the MP would have to come from Hasbro, which makes it less possible to exist. In an ideal world, Bandai would get the license to make those as highly poseable action figures.

True, true - I'm not talking in any realistic case, it was half-jokey. But it MP Action Masters did happen, those would be some rather nifty little advantages for us as consumers.

Though talking of cost-effectiveness, is anyone else surprised that we haven't seen a single MP Minibot since Bumblebee? Just from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it make sense to space out the standard Autobot Cars like Sunstreaker and the larger figures like Inferno and Megatron with smaller, cheaper releases like Brawn and Warpath? Heck, the entire original Minibot lineup aside from Bumblebee have easy retool potential in the 1986 Minibot lineup. Seems a rather odd decision to hold back on them to this extent...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby shajaki » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Lets not get crazy here. The Action Masters had ASSUMED alt modes 8-}
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 pm

william-james88 wrote:I just thought of something, did the Japanese get the action masters? I dont think so. So the MP would have to come from Hasbro, which makes it less possible to exist. In an ideal world, Bandai would get the license to make those as highly poseable action figures.
Just because Takara didn't release the Action Masters in the Japanese mass market back then doesn't mean that they weren't at least aware of them. Japan's G2 fiction acknowledged the Action Master versions of Optimus, Megatron, and Blaster in one of their story pages, and one of the 2000s-era reissues of the G1 Optimus toy done by Takara included a Japanese-original redeco of the Action Master Optimus mold.

And I'm pretty sure it was Takara who made the original Action Master molds for Hasbro's market anyway, since a Japanese-original redeco of the Armored Convoy (AM Optimus's truck/jet thing) ended up getting used in one of Japan's Microman toylines during the late-90s.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblebee21 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
heres a mini discussion topic.

Why do you collect MPs and what do you do with them?

do you buy them because they look good and are fun?

do you buy them as statues to display in a pose and leave them there?

are you a completionist?

or do you have an unwavering need for plastic crack?
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
News Credits: 23
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Kurona » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I just really **** like Road Rage. :lol:
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
I fairly recently got into the masterpiece line and I've decided to go for a complete post MP-10 Takara collection. So I'll be collecting every numbered release and every lettered release as long as it's a new character (so like MP-10B I'll get but since I already have MP12 I don't need 12+). I like having complete sets of things.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 3E GI JOE 1223IM275 (CA) Kerschl"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200813 9B (CA) Williams (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B 0124IM239 (CA) Azaceta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 303C Walker + Segala"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON