This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Masterpiece: General Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece: General Discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Skyfire is a waste of a slot considering the Siege on exists

It's like saying SS86 Grimlock is a waste because the MP exist.
It's comparing apples to oranges.

Not in Skyfires case. The Siege on is literally MP scale, he is Star Saber sized.
Star Saber is undersized. His MP is CHUG-scaled. He should have at least been the height of Armada Unicron, if not even taller. His Combiner-sized "Battle Up!" form shouldn't be the same height as Ultra Magnus.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:58 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Skyfire is a waste of a slot considering the Siege on exists

It's like saying SS86 Grimlock is a waste because the MP exist.
It's comparing apples to oranges.

Not in Skyfires case. The Siege on is literally MP scale, he is Star Saber sized. He's the size of the 3P MP ones too.

this is a case of literal apples to apples.

The only info we gave so far is that MP Skyfire is "United Warrior sized". This mean nothing.
Beside, the MP will not be made out of semi-soft plastics with hollow spaces all over the place.

The "Unite Warriors sized" referred to Raiden, not Skyfire.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Ultra Mad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:46 pm

Motto: ""To do what I must""
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
With Black Zarak coming and Masterpiece Raiden...my wallet is going to cry but my itch to bring more japanese characters to my collection will be satisfied. I wonder what is the time table for this Raiden figure... I'm sure it's closer then we might think. However...I did see an interesting unofficial Trainbot combiner on the horizon...Choices, choices... :-(
Ultra Mad
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Armored truck

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:29 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Well, Black Zarak has been announced for a December release. Alongside rendered images of what he will look like.

MP Raiden, currently only exists as name without details. So I wouldn't expect to see him this year.

Meanwhile 3P Raiden/Radiatron also has a release date of December. Again with rendered images.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I transformed MP Inferno this morning. More simple than I thought and he's actually pretty nice to handle.

Also, Ladder Magic! :x
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Syclone » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:03 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:I transformed MP Inferno this morning. More simple than I thought and he's actually pretty nice to handle.

I wish everything was as nice as inferno/grapple and iron hide/ratchet. They were really on to something with those guys. Solid, stable, entertaining transformations without being crazy.
Syclone
Micromaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:15 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:I transformed MP Inferno this morning. More simple than I thought and he's actually pretty nice to handle.

Was it the real deal then?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 am

It's that simple."
ZeroWolf wrote:

I have absolutely no idea how to tell. Plus the Reprolabels won't help in identifying the thing.

Regardless, after playing with him, he feel damn solid and fun. So that's good I guess.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:25 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

I have absolutely no idea how to tell. Plus the Reprolabels won't help in identifying the thing.

Regardless, after playing with him, he feel damn solid and fun. So that's good I guess.

Well, at least he's not falling apart on you, that's probably a good sign regarding its origin.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Full English translation of the Masterpiece interview with Kōjin Ōno from the latest issue of Figure King that talked about Skids, Reboost, Raiden, and Skyfire:
Here is a message from Mr Ono, the legendary toy designer who worked on the latest Masterpiece Skids.

The recent Masterpiece figures are difficult to transform, I feel it's much better to focus on a more mechanical transformation…. For Skids, the starting point was to create a Masterpiece figure which took a different direction and this is very different from the current trend of figures. Another aim was to keep the costs down without affecting the quality. After all the "Transformers" started with the Car Robots and they have such a strong presence especially when these vehicles turn into robots. When thinking of characters yet to receive the MP treatment, Skids the Honda City came to mind. It's true he only appeared twice in the cartoon but the overall look of the City is so attractive; and currently the 80’s is enjoying a resurgence. That's why I decided to take the challenge with Skids, not only to bring out more characters from the cartoon but also to add to the appeal of this car. Back in the day, the City was very popular, sporty and cool. It was fascinating. I used to own a red City R so I’m quite attached to it.

Having designed the Car Robots I’d never have expected to be handed this project however I was determined to do something I was unable to do in the past. The development is being handled by Yuya Onishi’s team. Due to the schedule the design has not been outsourced and has been drawn up completely by Onishi.

The colours chosen respect the animation and the weapons have been designed in a similar fashion. Additionally we wanted to follow the original Car Robot play aspect to allow us to seat the small figures, sold previously in the Masterpiece series, in the driver's seat. Unfortunately the Motocompo is not included. When you talk about the City, you can’t not think about the Motocompo but when Skids became a Transformer the Motocompo was omitted. That's the reason I didn’t include it with this version of Skids. I thought about including it when we would release a Diaclone version.

As development progressed there was a feeling in the team that if we wanted to recreate the City it would have to be “red”. This year is the 40th Anniversary of the City so my boss simply said “Don’t you think we should release two colours simultaneously?”. I thought that was a great idea for car fans to pick up two Masterpieces at the same time; Skids the Transformer and a brand new character who transforms from City to robot, Reboost! As Reboost is a brand new character we had to release it with a little extra which is why the Motocompo is included.

Several Masterpieces are currently being developed at the same time, these include the Trainbots and a brand new Skyfire. Raiden will be of a similar size to the Unite Warriors. I know everyone has been anticipating this release so please stay tuned.
Note that by "Car Robots" he means the original Diaclone molds that became the 1984-1985 Autobot Cars.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Always Guilty..."
Mr Ono wrote: currently the 80’s is enjoying a resurgence.

Only "currently"? :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:Note that by "Car Robots" he means the original Diaclone molds that became the 1984-1985 Autobot Cars.

Indeed. Although it is still really disappointing. Neither last year for Car Robots or this one for RiD are likely to receive any fanfare for that anniversary at all. It's ok though. They will rush to celebrate the 40th anniversary of a Honda instead.... :BANG_HEAD:
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:37 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Note that by "Car Robots" he means the original Diaclone molds that became the 1984-1985 Autobot Cars.

Indeed. Although it is still really disappointing. Neither last year for Car Robots or this one for RiD are likely to receive any fanfare for that anniversary at all. It's ok though. They will rush to celebrate the 40th anniversary of a Honda instead.... :BANG_HEAD:
It got stuff in its 15th, 17th, and 18th anniversary years in Legends, Unite Warriors, and Encore. >:oP

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Mad » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:49 pm

I actually am curious about the last few sentences. When he said people have been looking to the trainbots and to staying tuned. News or reveal soon for Raiden? I'm really enthusiastic about Raiden because after I got UW Computron, I was kind of hoping for Raiden to finish my G1 autobots combiners. The fact he will be UW size (Devy or standard CW size) is still the best thing I could have hoped for since he will go with the rest of my Chug scale figures and not my masterpiece ones. Not looking forward for the price tag on it though...
Ultra Mad
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:54 pm

Ultra Mad wrote:I actually am curious about the last few sentences. When he said people have been looking to the trainbots and to staying tuned. News or reveal soon for Raiden?
"Stay tuned" is corporate talk for "We have nothing to say right now about this future project, so just keep waiting."

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Mad » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:14 pm

If "Stay tuned" is their version of "We have nothing", it is really disappointing...
Ultra Mad
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:16 pm

Ultra Mad wrote:If "Stay tuned" is their version of "We have nothing", it is really disappointing...
It's just a reminder/reassurance that the project isn't dead/is still happening.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Always Guilty..."
Sabrblade wrote:It got stuff in its 15th, 17th, and 18th anniversary years in Legends, Unite Warriors, and Encore. >:oP

Be that as it may, a 20th anniversary is a big deal. Yet as far as Hasbro is concerned, not one that matters if it isn't G1.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
So is Skids going to be easier or even harder to transform?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:23 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It got stuff in its 15th, 17th, and 18th anniversary years in Legends, Unite Warriors, and Encore. >:oP

Be that as it may, a 20th anniversary is a big deal. Yet as far as Hasbro is concerned, not one that matters if it isn't G1.
As much as we like it, in all truth to be told, it was just a filler line at the time, on both sides of the Atlantic.

And lacked the runaway smash hit success of a certain other filler line from a few years later that spawned numerous sequel lines that continue to this day. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:23 am

Always Guilty..."
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

As much as we like it, in all truth to be told, it was just a filler line at the time, on both sides of the Atlantic.

And lacked the runaway smash hit success of a certain other filler line from a few years later that spawned numerous sequel lines that continue to this day. ;)

Indeed. In all honesty though, I just want a new version of Gigatron. Literally the best Multiformer they ever made. A one-off MP would be great. To me, he is the only original figure in that line that is worth further recognition.

AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 am

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Indeed. In all honesty though, I just want a new version of Gigatron. Literally the best Multiformer they ever made. A one-off MP would be great. To me, he is the only original figure in that line that is worth further recognition.

What would you like to see in a potential mp gigatron?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Decided to catch up on the MPM figures, still waiting on Optimus and Bumblebee to arrive (thankfully on their way). Got Ironhide and Jazz for cheaper than I anticipated at £90 for the two! I'm excited to complete the set.
20210403_101540.jpg

Definitely gonna need to increase shelf space!
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 am

Always Guilty..."
ZeroWolf wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Image

What would you like to see in a potential mp gigatron?

As a figure from 2000 he holds up surprisingly well. So as a MP, mostly just quality of life improvements, such as improved articulation. Ignoring that whole "toon accuracy" thing, which is mostly irrelevant to him. Since his default figure was that already. I'd say give him the full 10 transformations too. With the "Devil Gigatron/Galvatron" redeco, being just that. Also, as the original 'Hand Mode' could be added to G1 Fort Max. Enable the MP to connect to TR Fort Max.

Naturally he needs to be bigger too. Ignore that this is Galvatron for a moment. The TM 2 Cybershark mold is a tall figure. So a 'Commander Class' sized MP would be about right for Gigatron.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:48 am

It's that simple."
I'd see a MP Gigatron as the same size of MP Beast Wars Megatron... and the price to match.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:53 am

Always Guilty..."
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'd see a MP Gigatron as the same size of MP Beast Wars Megatron... and the price to match.

It is easy to forget how big MP Megs was

Megs2.jpg

I'd like to see a comparison image between him and Siege Jetfire. But it doesn't look like anyone has taken those images. :???:

EDIT: Fixing image problems.. Again :roll:
Last edited by AllNewSuperRobot on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0723IM408 4C (CA) Park (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM476 5A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220414 3RI Meugniot"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1123IM808 (CA) ABEL"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON