This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SPOILER Thread for Transformers: The Last Knight *review with spoilers added 6/20*

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: SPOILER Thread for Transformers: The Last Knight *review with spoilers added 6/20*

Postby KVO Prime » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 am

I was disappointed... disappointed in myself to get so excited ...AGAIN... for a let down. What an incoherent piece of garbage. After a while I started timing it to see if any scene lasted longer than 2 seconds before violently jerking back somewhere else. Don't they have stabilization gyroscopes? Jeezus.. and all the bots shown ONCE for their toy placement was absurd. Done with Bayverse. Will be selling all my Bayverse toys on eBay.
KVO Prime
Minibot

Re: SPOILER Thread for Transformers: The Last Knight *review with spoilers added 6/20*

Postby all_the_primes » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 am

Motto: "Thirteen Primes to rule them all. One Prime to find them. Thirteen Primes to bring them all and in the Autobots Matrix of Leadership to bind them."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
So here's my end of the story/review. I also haven't posted here since the dawn of time so Primus save and have mercy on me, excuse the long post.

Non-Spoiler version: I always do my best to go into watching movies with an open mind. From a perspective of a 19 year-old (myself), I had hoped that Transformers: The Last Knight, will be the cornerstone to a rechristened Movieverse series. Nothing could be worse than Age Of Extinction, right?

Wrong. This movie was a mess. Straight to to the point: I will not watch it again. Okay, maybe when I am incredibly bored... But I'd rather be watching Sesame Street, TFP or Inglorious Basterds, I respect myself that much.

TLK movie felt overwhelmingly unfocused and pacing was too fast/poor to the point that I lost focus on what the story(s) was about. If you are looking for some robot fighting action, it's there, but nothing groundbreaking. Over all, (in the words of Anthony Fantano) not good.

Spoiler-tastic version: Primus save us all!!! Where to begin... :HEADHURTS: If I had to say a positive thing about this movie, CG is great as ever - minus AOE, that was... hm. yeah. Oh, and Hot Rod. Totally not a biased opinion on that one.

In all seriousness, I am glad that the Decepticons, even though for a however short amount of time, had character instead of being mindless brutes; one of my main problems in the previous movies. Most characters/Decepticons in the past were ultimately forgettable except for this movie. Remember Jolt? yeah... I at least liked/remembered Nitro Zeus (he was dope), and Mohawk (kind of a crazy version of Wheelie). Onslaught had... Dialogue. Megatron, with the dope as ever design, is beaten quickly and is second fiddle villain again (why?). Make Megatron Great Again. Barricade was fine, he was cool. The two dreads however, the ones I was looking forward to the most, had almost no time.

Autobots were alright I'd say. Hound is a fat ballerina as ever, always so well spoken and elegant, Drift was your classic Hattori Hanzo dude, Bumblebee with mechanical hormone issues (thank god he can talk now, although at the most convenient timing dude... #-o ), Hot Rod (despite his Primus forbid terrible French accent, I still like him. His design has grown on me but I still dont get Hot Rod vibes from him. Sorry.). Crosshairs, yep, he's good. Cogman, yes, he was great. Optimus... yeah, okay, moving on.

Speaking of characters, THERE WAS TOO MANY. Case in point, WTF happened to the dinobots? I mean the WTF happened to the baby dinos?! Why Wheelie? Why not Brains, was he not in the previous movie? Ah, oh well. Oh, Squeeks and Izy felt EXTREMELY out of place as well. Also the autobots at the junk yard? The Cybertronians that "won't stop coming" to Earth? TRF? The amount of unanswered questions is too damn high. Also, Simmons. He felt shoe horned out of no where. Kind of Lennox too. And the kids, and Cade's helper - Damn, I'm beginning to realize how much I didnt like this movie.

Humans: yeah sure, okay. At least we had good actors. Walberg was good, Haddock was good, Sir Anthony Hopkins was amazing.

Plot: Next time, try not taking 14 stories and make it into one movie. Make a strong, simple, single linear plot, and add a sprinkle of references and world building. Create a goal and plot: Exposition, rising action/plot, more rising action, climax, falling action, end. This movie did not have any: Messy exposition, action, action, action, abrupt end. What? No climax? TOO BAD, HA HA! This movie could have benefited from a part 1 and 2 movie or even being a TV series!

I understandably sound terribly livid about this movie, but it has its merits. I tried giving and justifying its worth. It kind of has a silver lining to it. I admit I'm a bit biased (Transformers fan, why else have I been on this forum for the past few years?), but even then, I found it difficult to enjoy this movie. I have a thing of saying if the movie is constantly having you on edge, not giving you a good time, and/or not giving you breathing room, odds are, its not a good movie. Last Knight checks off all that. AoE at the very least, had relax moments with the "plot". Where TLK tried doing that, it was soooo fast paced, so much info at once, it made me tilt my head and go, "wha...?".

OVERALL/FINAL THOUGHTS/TLDR: This movie was godly unfocused, probably the most unfocused movie I've seen to date (an impressive feat). I could go on and bag on this movie for days, but I did find it enjoyable at some very certain times (surprisingly so), but if had an opportunity to watch it again, I'd gladly decline. In fact, after writing this review and leaving a great lot of critiques out, I realize how much I did not enjoy this movie.

A score of a strong 1, light 2 out of 10.: Head explosion worthy: :BOOM: :michaelbay:

My movie rankings:

TFTM (86): Strong 8 (very biased opinion, I know. now leave me alone)
DOTM: Strong 7, light 8
TFTM (07): Light 7
ROTF: Strong 4, light 5
AOE: Strong 2, light 3
TLK: Strong 1, light 2

Decepticons, forever :CON:
all_the_primes
Minibot
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:01 am

Ya one thing I really would have loved and it's total fan wanky is as much as I loved Nitro Zeus it would have been cool if he died at the junkyard or abandoned town and Megatron took starscreams head and put it on mottos body and used KSI tech and resurrected him.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby reluctantyouth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:51 am

I'll start with this...I enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen more than Last Knight and Fallen was a polished piece of slag :-x

Some things wrong with Last Knight...too disappointed to put forth more effort than Bay and company did with this movie.

-Sqweeks is an unneeded, unimportant, R2-D2 rip off
-Unicron is Earth
-Megatron is back with no explanation
-The plot is boring and confusing
-The human characters are all annoying/ spouting profanity and dialogue that any 6th grader could write
-We go from England, to Chicago, to South Dakota, to England ...why?
-That Sam Witwicky and others are descendants of "The Wicwiccan Clan"...how unoriginal and monumentally stupid
-That Cybertron could get that close to Earth and not create a catastrophic event to end both...yes it's called physics people...listen to that stupid annoying NASA nerd in act 3

~reluctantyouth~
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Knights of the Seibertron Round Table - Seibertron Staff Review Transformers: The Last Knight

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Well, it is now Thursday, we are past the embargo date, and many of us have had the chance to see Transformers: The Last Knight. With this all in mind, we begin today with part 2 of the Seibertron.com reviews for the film. Part 1 was nicely written up by member ZhGingaah, who attended the London Premiere, and now we have 3 more reviews, courtesy of our Seibertron.com staff. Later on, we will also have yet another review-ish post, which will come from Seibertron himself, as he was able to attend some very awesome events over the course of the week!

To go with the theme of Seibetron's trip to the movies, the reviews will be followed by some merch that we got at the premiere (some free and some at a cost).

Now, let's start with our first review, written by Seibertronian moderation Rodimus Prime. It is a spoiler-free review, so if you have yet to see the movie, it is safe for you to read. It can be found below:

Rodimus Prime wrote:his is a spoiler-free review for The Last Knight, which I saw on June 20th.

Overall, the film was a positive experience, but I guess that depends on your individual expectations. The pacing was more brisk than Age of Extinction, and the story was a little more engaging, but not by much. The characters were treated the same as before, mainly the Transformers. We get a little more in-depth look at the history of the Transformers, but only enough to make the events in the film convenient.

The main characters of the film this time around are Cade Yeager and Bumblebee. Some other characters are used sparingly, or just at the right moments to further the plot. The human characters are all portrayed well, none of them seem wasted, unlike some of the Transformers. The action is fast-paced, especially the car chases and battle scenes. Michael Bay definitely put his penchant for explosions to good use here. Fortunately, toilet humor was at a bare minimum, perhaps 2 or 3 instances. Adult language was much more prevalent, however. The film definitely earned its PG-13 rating there.

The story of the Transformers themselves was further revealed, even though the movie was still human-heavy. It does seem the Transformers share at least equal screen time and importance in this film, as opposed to the previous ones. This aspect seems to be improving with each movie. There were a few things left unexplained, and the ending was definitely left open for the sequel which is intended for 2019, with or without Michael Bay. I rate this film on the level of Age of Extinction, with a somewhat thin story and a lot of action. If you liked that film, you will like this one.

Now from here on out, we are in some spoiler territory. So if you do not want to read any spoilers for your upcoming film experience, Stop Here!

Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert!

Got it? Good.

To start off our spoiler-ish review section, We have a review from Canadian News Staff member William-James88, who certainly had a different experience from Rodimus Prime when it comes to the movie. Read up:

William-James88 wrote:Wrap your head around this one: human character Santos, played by Santiago Cabrera, has more screen time than Optimus Prime and Megatron COMBINED.
Who is Santos? Who cares! I sure didn't. And he is far from being a main character in this. But that fact that another random human addition to the ever expanding human cast of the Transformers franchise has more screen time than who should be the franchise's hero and villain is quite dissapointing.

Yes, once again, after what I thought was an improvement in AOE, the robots get the shaft in a story about not one but 2 chosen humans saving the day.

Here is a massive spoiler: that big three headed dragon you see in the trailers is part of the final battle and he does absolutely nothing. Neither does Drift or Crosshairs. And all the cool robot parts are in the trailer. Stitching all the shots from the Optimus vs Bumblebee fight from the trailers gives you the entire fight you see on screen, bar the resolution. What you don't see in the trailers is the ton of human stuff that no one watches these movies for. That's quite sad to me.

I had faith in this film. There was a writer's room, a sense that people cared. But it seems nomatter who is writing, they are dictated to make unfunny jokes, racial stereotypes, and mcguffins galore wrapped in nonsensical plots.

Case in point, the titular Last Knight. There is a lot of time dedicated to the Last Knight, and him discovering who he is, but the finale and end game isn't linked to him.There isn't a purpose to him since the mcguffin is related to another character. There is also a ton of plot holes and actual movie making errors, such as Sqweek's arm changing between shots, using the wrong microphone audio for Laura Haddock's voice in one scene, and robots being in robot mode and vehicle mode from one shot to the next with no sound or indication that they transformed.

It feels very amateurish from Michael Bay, who doesn't make continuity errors this noticeable usually. And of course, there are the afore mentioned plot holes which are more blatant than before, with the worst offender being Bumblebee's voice. Is it fine? Is it broken? Does it need fixing? TELL ME!!!!!

Oh and I will leave you with this, there are two scenes dedicated to talking about either Mark Wahlberg or Laura Haddock's sex life and they are both at least three times as long as the final fight of Megatron vs Optimus Prime.

Yay.

Next up, we have a review from Seibertronian News Staffer Mindmaster, who had a good experience from the movie. Check out his thoughts below.

Mindmaster wrote:Saw it tonight. Non-spoiler version: this is probably the best movie out of the five, without hyperbole. I liked it so much that it made me go out and finally get Voyager Optimus and Beserker on my way home, and I was slightly ambivalent about getting them before. Age of Extinction made me want Hound so bad, and now The Last Knight makes me want Cogman just as badly, if not more.

Spoiler-version: Things I liked and got excited about:

*Cogman. Literally the best thing ever. Dude had me rolling every time he showed up. If he doesn't show up in the next one, my hope in humanity will be dashed.

*Unicron: he's finally been name-dropped in the movie universe! Kinda expected him to get mentioned somewhere, but wasn't expecting a Prime reference in that he turns out to be Earth. And that post-credit scene absolutely sets up the next one, nobody deny it.

*The Nemesis Prime name-drop. Now I wish they'd revise the Shadow Spark Optimus Prime packaging to reflect that.

*The WWII scene; as a history major, this was what I was waiting for. I really hope we see toys based on Bumblebee and Hot Rod's WWII designs.

*The Decepticons; finally! The main ones have personalities! Mohawk retool of Hunt for the Decepticons Brimstone, pls.

*All the references to the previous movies: Simmons; the Ark during the Moon's destruction; the Pyramid still slightly destroyed from Devastator in Revenge of the Fallen; Starscream's head (Megatron even goes Hamlet on it); Viviane name-dropping Shockwave and Soundwave when she gets kidnapped by Hot Rod; even Sam Witwicky gets a small nod.

And a few things I didn't like about it;

*Cogman; despite him being my favorite thing about the movie, he never transformed and combined with the Aston Martin like they pre-movie hype led us to believe. Was very disappointed, but optimistic that it might happen in the next one.

*Dinobots; once again, they get shafted as far as screen time is concerned. I wasn't happy that they showed up for less time than Age of Extinction, and they never even transformed.
Kinda irritated about it, but whatevs I guess.

*The Decepticons; wished they had survived to see the end, especially Nitro.

*The Knights of Cybertron: kinda irritated how it takes all twelve for them to combine into Dragonstorm, yet the upcoming Leader-class figure only breaks down into two. I get that it would be a nightmare to engineer a twelve-bot dragon combiner, but still.

*To a lesser degree, Hot Rod's gun. No further comments.

All in all, this movie did a lot more right than all the others. Thinking about the previous ones, I didn't really have a favorite; the first one was my least favorite, then the next three kinda were tied. They never beat each other out because they all had an equal amount of things I liked and disliked. But The Last Knight? To me, it unquestionably had more right than wrong. Definitely the most Transformer-y of the franchise. I think we're finally getting on the right track as far as Transformers movies are concerned, and I've regained my confidence in the movies.

To finish off with the longer sort of reviews, here are some of my thoughts on the movie, which I rated as an overall enjoyable experience, but one that could have done a bit better while still being worth the trip.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I liked the con stuff, like we actually had some good cons stuff starting, but it got cut off pretty quick, which is a shame. though we still have Megatron, Berserker, and maybe Barricade. Hot Rod felt good but really needed more screen time (we can agree on cool ass weapon though). Cogman was the main cybertronian presence, and he was a good character, though I was bummed that he was the main cybertronian presence throughout much of the film. And we had his actual headmaster part cut. Boo. And then Crosshairs, Drift, and Hound are barely in the film basically. Like, only in some scenes. Hot Rod was in more scenes, and I feel he was under-represented.

Also, topspin had Leadfoot's head. :oops:

Transformations were good too. Sqweeks was the only one not to transform in the film, and they did it a lot. Spent some good time looking at the transformations too.

I felt the first maybe half to 2/3 of the film was on the right track, but the last bit kinda fell off the rails some for me. Felt rushed and incomplete, like a shadow of what was intended.
Definitely feels like it could have easily been 2 movies, or 3 hours, and things would have gone to the potential the film really had.

I did really like how much Megatron used his arm cannon though, and I really feel that they cut a whole part about where Quintessa somehow rebuilt Megatron from Galvatron, made him a knight's body, and that red bit on his face, which he had in the film and was a sign of Quintessa control,
showed that he was doing her bidding, hence some of the events in the film. I also liked Bee in the film, though I think it really set some stuff up for the Bee movie. sir Burton said he was much different in the 1940's, like much more cruel and not ever referred to as nice, and maybe that is where the Bee movie will explore: murder and rage bot to kind Bee.

I actually did not take Quintessa's "death" scene as death. It almost appeared as if she simply left that shell in a shower of electrical current, only to show up in human form in the id credits scene. I liked Sqweeks, but definitely see how he was kind of a waste. I thought Izzy was a waste too, which is a shame, but the movie didn't feel like it really needed her, or for her to be a main character. I only saw Grimlock and Slug, and it was disappointing not to see Strafe or Scorn.
It was also sad that those dinobots we did see disappeared completely really quickly.

I don't want anyone to think i didn't enjoy myself or the movie. I did. I just feel it had more potential, and time and too much trying to fit into a thin plot did it in

Finally, having seen the film themselves, we have a few other thoughts from fellow Seibertronians, some of whom got the point across very good in some short sentences. Check them out below.

It Is Him wrote:The first hour offered surprising promise and fun, followed by an hour of bloat, and ended with an action sequence that just didn't take well enough of advantage of the great robot cast introduced in the beginning.

It was better than AoE, and ultimately I'm glad I saw the movie.

Randomhero wrote:I just got out of it and i really enjoyed it. its not perfect in the slightest but i had fun.

however i walked away saying "so they stopped sucking the earth dry but isnt cybertron still colliding with the planet? they saved Earth but isnt Unicron still waking up?" oh well it was a fun ride.

zko wrote:I liked it, I've liked all the Bay movies pretty well, and this one was my favorite.

It played out a bit like the plot of season 1 and 2 of prime as a Bay movie, mixed with some of the G1 episode where they go back to medieval times and also the old kids read along book "When Continents Collide" had some stuff in there that seemed to be almost reflecting some biblical, book of revelations stuff with the plot about the horns, the dragon, the seal etc, but that wasn't carried too far.

KVO Prime wrote:I was disappointed... disappointed in myself to get so excited ...AGAIN... for a let down. What an incoherent piece of garbage. After a while I started timing it to see if any scene lasted longer than 2 seconds before violently jerking back somewhere else. Don't they have stabilization gyroscopes? Jeezus.. and all the bots shown ONCE for their toy placement was absurd.

all_the_primes wrote:This movie was a mess. Straight to to the point: I will not watch it again. Okay, maybe when I am incredibly bored... But I'd rather be watching Sesame Street, TFP or Inglorious Basterds, I respect myself that much.

TLK movie felt overwhelmingly unfocused and pacing was too fast/poor to the point that I lost focus on what the story(s) was about. If you are looking for some robot fighting action, it's there, but nothing groundbreaking. Over all, (in the words of Anthony Fantano) not good.

OVERALL/FINAL THOUGHTS/TLDR: This movie was godly unfocused, probably the most unfocused movie I've seen to date (an impressive feat). I could go on and bag on this movie for days, but I did find it enjoyable at some very certain times (surprisingly so), but if had an opportunity to watch it again, I'd gladly decline. In fact, after writing this review and leaving a great lot of critiques out, I realize how much I did not enjoy this movie.

Well, that is all we have room for in today's review post. As you might have seen, the movie was nothing particularly spectacular, but it did have some good moments and some good fun, depending on who watched it. It definitely wasn't perfect, and it definitely had some issues, but in the end it is still a toss up over who will like it and who won't.

We hope these reviews were helpful to you. We hope they were informative and helpful. Let us know if you go to check out the movie, and let us know what you thought of the movie in the comments section below!

Now, here is some merchandise either aquired for free or at cost by xrotorstormx and myself, as we went during the Optimus Prime Tuesday showings. xrotorstormx picked up some Last Knight inspired drink cups, a popcorn bowl, and a Bumblebee shirt from her experience, whereas yours truly got an Optimus Prime shirt and a lanyard with a Last Knight inspired card.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Throw it in the trash along with all the Bayverse movies and toys!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Microraptor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:24 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I liked it a lot. Tons of callbacks, funny moments, and character bits. Cogman and Hot Rod were great.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:25 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
There are so many problems with this film. I will numerate some other things that made 0 sense to me:

Bumblebee's new power is unexplained

Bumblebee's voice is a gaping plot hole. It's initially not working, he then gets a fembot voicebox and rips it off, keeps having a broken voice box, talks with his real voice for a few lines, then goes back to broken voice box, HOW?!

Why does the talisman matter to Megatron if it doesnt lead to the staff?

Is there even a point to the last knight?

Why is a team of anti transformers, that are good at taking down TFs and locking them up, letting evil transformers out to do their job?

Why can sweeks only say chihuahua until the end where he also says "f&$k you"

What was he point of Stonehenge? Sure, its the centre of the uncron horns, but so what?

What happened to Barricade?

Why would Megatron want Mowhawk when he's small and can easily be taken down?

The writers dont understand that saying out loud that a woman has revealing clothes does not suddenly make it ok that she has revealing clothes.

The film dares give us a lesson on racism and the makes Nitro a stereotype at just one notch lower than Skids and Mudflap

Why is Mark Wahlberg on the run when he saved the world at the end of the last film and was gonna be given everything he wanted by a billionaire?

Why does Hot Rod have to say "I stop time" everytime he uses his weapon? Is it needed for it to work like with Power Rangers weapons?

How does Optimus' frozen husk end up on Cybertron? He seems to just be drifting off aimlessly in space.

How did Megatron become megatron again? Does he have a spark now?

How can Lennox recognize Megatron's voice if taht's not the voice Megatron had in the previous films Lennox was in?

Where are the rest of the Dinobots?

What is the point of saying Cogman is a headmaster if we never see that ability?

If Quintessa created transformers with the staff, then what is the allspark for?

The qintesson hands we see in AOE are organic but here she is all metallic, how does that work?

Why is Optimus surprised his world is ruined when he said it was in the first film?

Why would it now be safe for robots to come to earth now? And whats the use of Optimus' message if robots were coming to earth already anyways?

How can ironhide be in that old painting if he only came to earth in 2007?

Whats the difference between the Witwicky clan and the Witwickys? Are they related? Doesnt seem so since the guy's name is Bunton and not Witwicky.

Why are we spending so long talking about Mark Wahlberg's sex life?
No wait, that one's explained, its because he hasnt had sex in years that he can be the lat knight, good to know movie! (it also explains why he has such massive forearms).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby beastwarsbrah » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 am

Weapon: Spinning Augers
Tlk is easily my least favorite of the entire series. It just doesn't make any sense at all really and makes the other movies make less sense than they already did (I know hard to believe right?). I mean I enjoyed parts of it but it felt like half of a story to me.

My biggest complaint at this time has to be how the plot from the previous movie was completely discarded. All the movies have been like this to an extent but it feels worseu this time around since the ending of aoe leads right into tlk. Was earth unicron during the time of the dinosaurs? If so why were the cybertronians trying to terraform it with the seed?

Just because we see the ark destroyed and the film taking a shot at sam w doesnt mean those other movies didn't happen.

Some other stuff that bothered me:
Decepticons are barely in it and most killed in the first fight.
Dinobots disappear after opening junkyard scene (they were the first knights definitely should have played a bigger role)
Megatron is back and hes no longer galvatron and doesn't have the ability to pull himself together or reshape to avoid damage.
Cogman doesn't rip anyones head off
Crosshairs big moment is having his fingers broken
The last knight and the talisman or whatever was just a 2 hour long buildup so marky mark could save optimus, there was no other significance to it
And tons more but you get the idea.
beastwarsbrah
Micromaster
Alt Mode: streetsweeper
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby partholon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:59 am

my thoughts on this from another site.

well this is out now and getting slaughtered by the critics as usual.

but ya know what?

im just back from it and- shock horror- its not bad !

ok the bar is LOW on this one and its still too bloody long- i was dying for a piss for the last 20 mins. but its probably the best one theyve done so far. iwent to see it in 3D . something i normally avoid but one of the things i'll give bay is he at LEAST does that format right. i was kinda hoping that if it was a big pile of shyte it'd at least look good.

but straight off the bat you can sense a different "feel" to this one compared to the others. you can see whats going on and its actually got characters in it. in fact its amazingly got some emotional heft to it in places.

Izze for instance. she's so much like verity from the comics im kinda annoyed they didnt just call her that. she's been through alot and moner balances the grit with the vulnerabilty of her very well. i really liked the scenes with her and marky mark.

speaking of him ive gotta say i was worried about what they were going to do with him as cade yagers character in this is kinda jarring. thankfully they mainly rip the piss out of him and i loved the banter/digs between him and vivian. yes its the standard" they hate each other/ oh now theyre kissing" stuff but at least its fun. haddock was one of my favorites in this .

hopkins is in this for the laughs exposition and a paycheck, and in fairness to him he does look like he's having a blast in the role.

now onto the transformers.

primes not in this much, but more than you might think. ditto for megatron. they STILL dont know how to write prime, but theyre getting there and his speech near the end is actually approaching inspiring. megs is probably the best he's been portrayed since the first and while he still doesnt look right, watching him uses a proxy of an arm mounted fusion cannon goes along way to sating what i want from the guys.what amazing though is several times transformers are in this to just talk

sorry but that just doesnt happen in a micheal bay film. so it looks like the producers/writers got more clout on this from someone. there actually a hell of alot of transformers just reporting to one another. or reflecting on the position there in. in fact im pretty sure one or two dont do any bloody fighting at all but just have screen time chatting.

unheard of !!!

its STILL a by film so theres his trademark "humor" but its not as offensive as in the other films and theres actually some decent laughs in this in places. as you'd expect the action is brilliant and it IS worth the 3D..

If i was to really rag on it its main prob is its got a hell of alot of ideas in it and many dont get fleshed out that well. if more time was spent establishing villains -infernicus for instance- their battles wouldve come off as more epic than they do when they happen. ditto for the Arthurian stuff. more character time there couldve lent it more weight.. but those scenes just seem to happen far too quickly. infuriating when theres a good 20 min of fat that couldve been cut from it in other places.

but still if flows fairly well in the main which means your at the final battle quick enough. bafflingly though it just stops.

i mean STOPS.

the end comes out of nowhere and is really jarring. but that said it DOES leave the franchise in a rather mental postion. i mean the way things are left is bonkers so the next one has a hell of alot of stuff to deal with.

the best thing in it is the world building. theres ALOT of transformers lore in this. particularly from the "tranformers ; prime" series but also the comics and the previous live action fims. i particularly liked one bit with megs and a certain head. theres a nice "the transformers: the movie" reference in how primes fight with megs ends and again its probably the most character centric of the movies. yes grimlocks wasted and theres still some cringe inducing dialogue. but its nowhere near as bad as the others.

7/10 from me.

best laugh (unintentional) is hopkins running down a lane in london to end up in trinity college dublin. im sure the yanks wont get it but the irish audience will LOL at it.

all in all this is ALOT better than i expected . prob go see again in 2D soon.theyre slowly getting their act together.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am

I had to see it in 3D and it was assigned seating and I had no clue how the theater was laid out so I ended up being in the 4th row to the front. That was the worst part of the movie for me.

I'm not gonna defend the movie to people who hated it but I liked it a lot. There's are some scenes that should have been cut like a lot of the inside of the submarine, Hopkins character seeing the Prime Minister. You honestly could have just had him have a transformer helicopter to get him there and bringing all the cyvertronians he was living with. Granted that's a lot of CGI and I get that but I had a lot of fun.

Things I loved were:

The decepticons, yeah it was suicide squad but I loved it. They had characters and personalities and it was awesome.

Megatron. Don't care if it wasn't explained why he was back he was epic.

Lennox. I want a Lennox movie. I want to see him and his family back.

I was really surprised with TRF. Everything was saying they were the bad guys and they were really being shown as the replacement for Cemetary Wind and they were but they weren't just 1 dimensional guys. They changed and I smiled when Santos tore off his TRF badge because it really seemed he was gonna be stereotypical bad guy and he was great!
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby breacher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 am

Motto: ""tank beats everything!""
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
So wait, roadbuster and topspin ARE in this? I doubt they have much screen time, but having them back at all is good imo. (seriously though, someone, are they really in this?)
breacher
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Helicopter
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
breacher wrote:So wait, roadbuster and topspin ARE in this? I doubt they have much screen time, but having them back at all is good imo. (seriously though, someone, are they really in this?)

Topspin is, though he inexplicably has Leadfoot's head. I never saw Roadbuster.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Mindmaster wrote:
breacher wrote:So wait, roadbuster and topspin ARE in this? I doubt they have much screen time, but having them back at all is good imo. (seriously though, someone, are they really in this?)

Roadbuster was there at the beginning the first time we see Simmons. We didn't see him after that
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Roadbuster was there at the beginning the first time we see Simmons. We didn't see him after that

Oh, was he? I never even saw him. I do plan on seeing it again, so I'll keep an eye out for him. ;)^
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am

Mindmaster wrote:

Topspin didn't have leadfoots head. All the Wreckers had similar facial features but topspin had his dreadlock like hair. He looked right
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm

Randomhero wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Topspin didn't have leadfoots head. All the Wreckers had similar facial features but topspin had his dreadlock like hair. He looked right

Nah, I am a wreckers fan, and I can tell you Topspin did not have the right head. He had the glasses and bald head with bigger beard look of Leadfoot, not his dreads-like mullet and beardless face
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby partholon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm

have to admit to LOLing at the Cuba thing.

bots and humans playing basketball or sommat in what amounts to a transformers "safehouse". i weirdly wanted to see more of that.
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby noctorro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Okay guys, I'm also gonna drop a review but first (for really no reason at all)

Me = 31, TF fan, loved all movies for various reasons
Collect Generations/Combiner/Titans, Unicron Trilogy & G1 reissue citybots
Fav movie: 1. Casshern 2. The Restless 3. Can't remember (probably Gundam Wing Endless Waltz)

So, now thou canneth judgeth me

On to the amateuristically unprofessional review with grammatical errors and such.

Spoiler free part:
Overall a mixed bag peoples. It was bloated, had a lot of stuff set up, then dropped. Lot of stuff not explained. To much character time for humans and non-tf sub plots.
Action was cool, TF characters were good.

Spoilers below.

I'd rate it below Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction.

1. Dark of the Moon / Age of Extinction (can't decide which one I like moar)
2. Transformers (Okay start, fap scene is a big nope)
3. Revenge of the fallen (wacky story, Devastator disrespect, sex/toilet stuff)

Spoiler time infant!
Lets start with the +
+ Infernicus, a real traditional combiner people! Looked so cool, I really hope they use the deluxe versions of those terrorcons and make a bigger one that we're getting now.
+ Optimus is named Nemesis prime, to bad he didn't go full black & teal
+ Bumblebee fighting Optimus obviously (the trailers did spoil way to much)
+ Other bots got a lot of screen time, at least that's how I felt watching it the first time
+ Drift was fun :)
+ Knight transformers looked very cool, Dragonstorm same opinion as a reviewer before
+ Unicron is mentioned and is earth
+ Quintessa as the main villain
+ Megatron looking really cool
+ Traditional Autobots vs Decepticons battle (I didn't like that almost all Decepticons got killed right away)
+ The whole post apocalyptic setting in the beginning with the junker bots and ED209 drones
+ Squeekz, I actually liked him. They didn't make him a complete idiot or a way to witty little thing
+ Cogman was a fun character but he had a bit to much lines and screentime for my taste
+ Grimlock being Grimlock
+ A main Autobot didn't die!!!

- THe movie is a total mess, way to crowded and bloated as hell.
it's: 1. Suicide Squad 2. Star Wars (Squeeqz & girl) 3. Stranger Things (beginning) 4. King Arthur 5. Mad Max'ish 6. Transformers 7. Golden Compass adventure time or something. I know it sounds rediculous, but if you chop the scenes
- Infernicus, to little screentime and he dies by Optimus. Which means that a combiner has a low power level. My same pet peeve with Devastator, he got handled by 2 minibots, I hate that!
- Way too much human screentime
- Way too much characters
- Way too much special items/weapons (staff, Sir Hopkins his staff was also a weapon, amulet of Mark was a sword)
- Riddled with McGuffin's, we need to get to this, we need the that, quest, quest quest.
- Decepticons die way to easily
- Too many factions
- English thing went on forever
- Tiny amount of silly Transformers
- Unclear of how many Knight Transformers there are
- Not explained why Megatron is Megatron again, why doesn't he pixel transform anymore, does he have a spark? Why does he look like a Knight?
- Where are the pixel Transformers?
- Why does mis English woman have to be super epically smart?
- Why was Bumblebee in WWII and doesn't mention it at all?
- Sillyness is stronger than in Age of Extinction and I thought we were going
for less since Dark of the Moon had less of that

In short, Mr. Bay and production team wanted WAY TOO MUCH stuff in this movie.
That's the biggest mistake in my opinion. That's why I feel that the right characters were underused, the stakes were not looked at enough, Quintessa was not intimidating enough, Unicron's story was to thinly touched on, Decepticons that actually had names had way too little screentime etc. etc.

Raise your hand if you agree!

Anyway, saw it only once. Expectations were through the roof eventhough I promised myself not do do that this time. And I watched all the trailers, which I won't do for TF6 since they show you almost the whole movie in short. Only Infernicus his combined form was something that wowed me.
Age of Extinction started extremely well and dark imho.
Original alt-mode, main badguy being smaller than Optimus, Prime hating humans.
It started very strong, this one had that going for it for the first few minutes but then quickly went into human & legend story nonsense.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby noctorro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm

partholon wrote:have to admit to LOLing at the Cuba thing.

bots and humans playing basketball or sommat in what amounts to a transformers "safehouse". i weirdly wanted to see more of that.

totally agree bro, but that basketball thing is oh so G1
Snowball fight up next for TF6
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
So I'm not gonna see the movie for a while if that - I don't really wanna spend money on it; I'll watch it on Netflix next year if I still have it by then - so I just wanna know now; do they explain at all how Megatron isn't Galvatron now? It doesn't even have to be a good one; maybe a throwaway line that mentions the name Galvatron or even just asking if he used to be called something else before they get cut off. Is it even ACKNOWLEDGED that he used to be Galvatron? Or is it as if it never happened?

And because I know I'm probably gonna get this response; if it turns out that there's no explanation, that's not gonna be a reason for me to think that's a bad movie. That would be monumentally stupid; it's a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things. I'm just curious about this one thing.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby partholon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Kurona wrote:So I'm not gonna see the movie for a while if that - I don't really wanna spend money on it; I'll watch it on Netflix next year if I still have it by then - so I just wanna know now; do they explain at all how Megatron isn't Galvatron now? It doesn't even have to be a good one; maybe a throwaway line that mentions the name Galvatron or even just asking if he used to be called something else before they get cut off. Is it even ACKNOWLEDGED that he used to be Galvatron? Or is it as if it never happened?

And because I know I'm probably gonna get this response; if it turns out that there's no explanation, that's not gonna be a reason for me to think that's a bad movie. That would be monumentally stupid; it's a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things. I'm just curious about this one thing.

not only DONT they explain it, they have lennox state he's megatron cause he recognizes his voice

which is Sooooo meta its actually kinda cool.

:D
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby HBGoo1984 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Motto: ""If I can design it, anyone can build it!""
Weapon: Laser Pistol
With all the bad reviews it is getting, it might lose to Cars 3 at the domestic box office.
HBGoo1984
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Flying SUV
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:32 pm

I only saw Topspin. But seriously, it doesnt matter. You see him for less than 1 minute and he does nothing. This movie is mostly Mark Wahlberg, he has at least 85% screen time.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Kurona wrote:do they explain at all how Megatron isn't Galvatron now? It doesn't even have to be a good one; maybe a throwaway line that mentions the name Galvatron or even just asking if he used to be called something else before they get cut off. Is it even ACKNOWLEDGED that he used to be Galvatron? Or is it as if it never happened?

Read my post above about everything that is left unexplained, this is one of them. Absolutely nothing is explained about Megatron in this film.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 14RI (CA) Hutchison"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19RI JAN200700 (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS #19 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210501 29A (CA) Malkova (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200733 10B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EVOLUTIONS Hearts of Steel #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers EVOLU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON