This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Figure Survey Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Figure Survey Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for. It was specifically for the Legends line. Nothing else. That's why the top five contenders are all Legends toys. Why, the survey's banner even had the Legends logo in it, with a slew of Legends toys all grouped together, right there. How do you miss that?

If anything, y'all should've been pulling for a reissue of the highly coveted Legends Blurr, you fools! :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Desslok2201 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for. It was specifically for the Legends line. Nothing else. That's why the top five contenders are all Legends toys. Why, the survey's banner even had the Legends logo in it, with a slew of Legends toys all grouped together, right there. How do you miss that?

If anything, y'all should've been pulling for a reissue of the highly coveted Legends Blurr, you fools! :-P

In my defense, I was temporarily blinded by hope
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Deadput » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for. It was specifically for the Legends line. Nothing else. That's why the top five contenders are all Legends toys. Why, the survey's banner even had the Legends logo in it, with a slew of Legends toys all grouped together, right there. How do you miss that?

I really want Blurr and Hardhead to reissued. (Takara Blurr has better colors and the Hasbro Blurr's colors fit the Nightbeat headmaster perfectly, Hardhead because he has the mouth face which is more iconic to his character)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby ausbot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:32 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'd rather G1 Japanese exclusive reissues like Dia Atlas, and Grandus.
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5

Postby Albatross250 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
>Generations Jetfire
IT'S ON! :twisted:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:45 pm

ausbot wrote:I'd rather G1 Japanese exclusive reissues like Dia Atlas, and Grandus.
This is for Transformers: Legends only.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ScottyP wrote:Jetfire is only a surprise because there was a time that figure could be had for a very low cost. Maybe it disappeared in the past few months or something.

Yeah, that one surprised me too. Plus aside from the lack of chrome, the difference between that and the hasbro version (which was also easy to find for cheap for a while) wasnt that big, so there is a lot of similar looking jetfire available to purchase. I think we could still find it online for a price similar to what it initially cost.
I am surprised Arcee didnt show up, especially since orders had to be cut for that one.

And Sabr is right on the nose with Blurr.

Desslok2201 wrote:The legends line is great and all but...
PLEASE KEEP THE ENCORE LINE GOING!!!

Oh man I wish but its been years now since Fort Max. And with takara rereleasing G1 Trypticon under the Hasbro Platinum line, I think it is a good sign the Encore line is over.

Lucky Logician wrote:It sounds like Takara asked 'What figure do you guys want us to make?" And the top 5 votes so far are for characters that just got figures made.

Na, Takara asked "which legends toys do you want us to reissue", so the answers make sense.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby vwpbl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Motto: "My mind rots in the black house of crooked angles."
Good god is there a translation of their registration website!?!? Can't make heads or tails of it, even with google translate!
-- my mind rots in the black house of crooked angles
vwpbl
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
vwpbl wrote:Good god is there a translation of their registration website!?!? Can't make heads or tails of it, even with google translate!

Wouldn't do you any good, it's open to Japanese residents only.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Emerje » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for.

I didn't. :P I simply think it makes sense to at least go as far back as Generations since those figures still blend well with Legends (because most of the early Legends figures were from Hasbro's Generations line pre-Combiner Wars). Just stick them in Legends packaging and maybe change the colors a little like they did with Springer's Legends release.

william-james88 wrote:the hasbro version (which was also easy to find for cheap for a while)

In Canada, perhaps, but the only Jetfire I've ever seen in person was the one I bought off HTS.

I am surprised Arcee didnt show up, especially since orders had to be cut for that one.

They made up for that with a second run alongside Chromia later. (I bought two) She's readily available on the aftermarket now, for around half of what Windblade goes for since she didn't get a second run like the other two girls.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for.

I didn't. :P I simply think it makes sense to at least go as far back as Generations since those figures still blend well with Legends (because most of the early Legends figures were from Hasbro's Generations line pre-Combiner Wars). Just stick them in Legends packaging and maybe change the colors a little like they did with Springer's Legends release.
The thing is, the question that asks which figure(s) should be reissued (Question 3) specifically lists all of the Transformers: Legends figures from LG01 Convoy to LG42 Godbomber as the only selectable options. There's no alternative to those specific 42 choices. :|

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Glarryg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for. It was specifically for the Legends line.

My answer was clearly "none of the above; re-release G1 stuff from Victory instead." ;)

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:the hasbro version (which was also easy to find for cheap for a while)

In Canada, perhaps, but the only Jetfire I've ever seen in person was the one I bought off HTS.

So it being $22.50 shipped from a website any american can order from does not make it easy to find or cheap?

transformers-generations-jetfire-22-50-shipped-hasbrotoyshop-via-ebay-t103544s450.php
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:

The thing is, the question that asks which figure(s) should be reissued (Question 3) specifically lists all of the Transformers: Legends figures from LG01 Convoy to LG42 Godbomber as the only selectable options. There's no alternative to those specific 42 choices. :|

Riiiiight, that's what going back means. Go back further than the 42 choices and get some older figures into Legends that make sense. Godbomber's comic really opened the door for that sort of thing by letting some Unite Warriors characters in.

william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

So it being $22.50 shipped from a website any american can order from does not make it easy to find or cheap?

transformers-generations-jetfire-22-50-shipped-hasbrotoyshop-via-ebay-t103544s450.php

So I heard. ;) That had a lot more to do with luck than ease since they were only available at that price for a very short time. I wouldn't call that "a while".

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:09 am

The results of this TakaraTomy Mall Transformers: Legends reissue survey are in!

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/e/eTflgVote/?mm170707TF

The order period for these figures runs from July 7 at Noon to July 25 at 1pm, Japan time of course.

Scheduled for release in Mid-December are:
  • LG-25 Blurr
  • LG-26 Scourge
  • LG-29 Wheelie & Goshooter
  • LG-31 Fortress Maximus
  • LG-32 Chromedome
Scheduled for release in late February of next year, 2018, are:
  • LG-07 Jetfire
  • LG-10 Arcee
  • LG-12 Windblade
  • LG-13 Megatron
  • LG-14 Ultra Magnus
Each figure will be limited to a purchase quantity of no more than three per customer.

To enable these to reach as many customers as possible, and to prevent scalping, multiple orders from the same name and address will be invalidated.

Quantities are limited, so some may sell out before the release date.

If there is any stock leftover after the sale, it is currently undecided how the remaining stock will be sold.

These cannot be ordered together with other items not part of this sale.

The release dates may be subject to change if necessary.

If not enough of a figure's production run is preordered, that figure's production may be canceled.

Once your preorders are set, they cannot be canceled.

Of course, all these rules are for Japanese customers ordering directly from TakaraTomy Mall. Don't expect these to turn up at places like BBTS and such, due to just how limited these rereleases are.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Results for Which Transformers Legends Figures are Being Rereleased Exclusively at Takaratomymall

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 pm

The results for the poll are in and we now know all the Legends figures that will be rereleased by Takaratomymall. The list and many details have been thoroughly described by fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade and can all seen below. What is important to understand here is that these rereleases can only be obtained from Takaratomymall, so not BBTS, TF Source or any other importer. Also, takaratomymall only ships to Japan adresses. So if anyone outside Japan is interested in these figures, which includes the very sought after figures like Legends Blurr and Arcee, you have to open an account at takaratomymall.jp (which is all in Japanese) and have the toys shipped to a Japan mailing service that will then ship it to you, meaning you pay the shipping twice. If you want to know more, ask the community in the forums, we will help you as much as we can. And for all Japanese fans, congrats on getting this great second chance at these figures!

Sabrblade wrote:The results of this TakaraTomy Mall Transformers: Legends reissue survey are in!

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/e/eTflgVote/?mm170707TF

The order period for these figures runs from July 7 at Noon to July 25 at 1pm, Japan time of course.

Scheduled for release in Mid-December are:
  • LG-25 Blurr
  • LG-26 Scourge
  • LG-29 Wheelie & Goshooter
  • LG-31 Fortress Maximus
  • LG-32 Chromedome
Scheduled for release in late February of next year, 2018, are:
  • LG-07 Jetfire
  • LG-10 Arcee
  • LG-12 Windblade
  • LG-13 Megatron
  • LG-14 Ultra Magnus
Each figure will be limited to a purchase quantity of no more than three per customer.

To enable these to reach as many customers as possible, and to prevent scalping, multiple orders from the same name and address will be invalidated.

Quantities are limited, so some may sell out before the release date.

If there is any stock leftover after the sale, it is currently undecided how the remaining stock will be sold.

These cannot be ordered together with other items not part of this sale.

The release dates may be subject to change if necessary.

If not enough of a figure's production run is preordered, that figure's production may be canceled.

Once your preorders are set, they cannot be canceled.

Of course, all these rules are for Japanese customers ordering directly from TakaraTomy Mall. Don't expect these to turn up at places like BBTS and such, due to just how limited these rereleases are.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Woo Megatron! Except he's still in stock at all online retailers and sometimes the price drops so there's that
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."

That makes me happy, even though there's no way I'll be able to order them. :x
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8

Postby Relic0037 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
I have most of the ones I would want on this list in either :HASBRO: or :TAKARATOMY: form, so I'm not too upset about not being able to get my hands on these....maybe a :TAKARATOMY: Arcee to replace my :HASBRO: version, but otherwise, I'm good.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Glad to see Blurr and Arcee on that list since they became extremely difficult to get. Should be fantastic for people who wanted them but missed out
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

That makes me happy, even though there's no way I'll be able to order them. :x

There is now, at least for Blurr. Hasbro Asia to the rescue!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Robotkingdo ... 7210578988

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hydrargyrus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
With the Blurr release, Doublecross sales should go up.

Also, the TT Megatron ended up being cheaper than the Hasbro one on many sites. Don't know what that means now, but it relates.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
MagicDeath wrote:With the Blurr release, Doublecross sales should go up.

Also, the TT Megatron ended up being cheaper than the Hasbro one on many sites. Don't know what that means now, but it relates.

Depends on which sites they were. If they were American/European ones that had imported them then it makes sense -- he wasn't awfully different from the local Hasbro release which also had Autobot stickers, so there wasn't much appeal as there would be in something significantly better like Blurr or something with significant difference to match another media like Chromedome.

Could be wrong tho. What differences are there between Hasbro and Takara Megs? I'm assuming Takara has a brighter silver or something.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Yay another chance for Blurr one of the few who I agree that Takara does better paint on!

For those who have him how is he in hand compared to stock images or online pictures?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3

Postby vwpbl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Motto: "My mind rots in the black house of crooked angles."
"and have the toys shipped to a Japan mailing service that will then ship it to you" has anyone been able to sign up to the ttmall website? is there a way to translate it so I can understand the fields?

what japan mailing services can I sign up to to act as the third party to ship to me?
-- my mind rots in the black house of crooked angles
vwpbl
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #57 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220314 57B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #60 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 FEB230266 60C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #84 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0124IM333 84C (CA) Santolouco"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #60 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230264 60A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #31 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 NOV210267 31C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM324 75C (CA) Williams III"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210586 8G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #59 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 JAN230300 59C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #2 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2021 APR211062 2E (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #6 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 MAR220788 6D 220531B"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 NOV210747 4D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220627 10G"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr E Image Comics 2023 NOV220293 55E (CA) Adams"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210861 6B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON