This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Titans Return Blitzwing

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.
Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime") that has actually been released.

Transformers Titans Return Blitzwing

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
As we all gear up for the rush that is going to be San Diego Comic Con this weekend, why don't we take a second and sit down with one of the newest and most anticipated figures to come out of Titans Return. Come along as I go though the Pros, the Cons (heh), and everything else in between in the latest episode of:

BronzeWolf Reviews Stuff!

As always, I am BronzeWolf and today's stuff is Titans Return Blitzwing!

Blitz comes from the 5th wave of TR, and very obviously shares a mold with that Voyager Megatron from wave 3, although it's common knowledge by this point that the mold was always intended to be Blitzwing.

Jumping into the figure's articulation, he is missing a few key points. The waist, wrist, and (save for some point due to Transformation) foot poseability are the most notable lackeys, but his back jet wings on his legs can rotate down and serve as small braces of sorts, helping him get into more dynamic poses.

The size of this guy is nice, and suits the character well. He looks good on his own, with a lot of his vehicle mode bits integrated very nicely into his robot mode, (I especially like the mechanical look of the arms) but he really comes into his element when next to his friend, companion, and fellow G1 triple changer, Astrotrain!

Throw a Megatron in there, add some Autobots? You get some battle scenes that will make him right at home in any display or on any shelf.

And just for good measure, here he is with another recent TR figure, Sky Shadow!

As I mentioned, he is a triple changer, meaning we have two more modes to get through! Let's start with tank mode, which, unfortunately is where most of my issues lie, but I'll dive into that more later. The good news is his tank mode looks solid, well rounded and complete (or, at least, as solid as a triple changer can look.). The only distinct piece of his jet mode visible here, other the the cockpit underneath his turret, the two wings wrapped around the side of the tank, but that's excusable since it's part of the classic Blitzwing design.

Next up is the jet mode, and this is where the figure starts to shine. Yes, just like any jet transformer, he has kibble, but it almost kind of works. The thickness and bulkiness of the undercarriage still manages to flow into the nose cone, rounding off the shape of his jet really nicely.

Yes, the arms probably could have been engineered better to streamline the profile of the wings, and the tank turret, despite just hanging there, can make a pretty good flight stand!

And, of course, Blitzwing is a Titans Return figure, and just like every other TR figure (Deluxe and up) he has a Titanmaster, so there's two ways to integrate him into the two alt modes.

Now finally, we can talk about my issues with the figure. Some of them might be specific to my copy, but I want to share regardless.
First, the panel on the back of the leg is in the way of the foot flipping out for transformation. The foot won't clear it unless you've folded it all the way out, but even then the foot scrapes it. This could have totally been avoided with the addition of a double hinge for that panel.

Speaking of these panels, one of mine will not clip closed. It's not because anything's in the way, it just won't stay shut, which looks kind of ugly in tank mode. They're also two different colors, which you can hopefully sort of see here.

The Grey nosecone for jet mode has to flip out and click in. Unfortunately it's painted, so that paint has already started to chip a lot because of the tab it clicks into, despite only being transformed a few times.

In tank mode, the knees will sometimes get in the way of him rolling, and there's not a lot you can do. Oddly enough, there's this slot in his upper leg that looks like it would fit the peg for his knee joint, if it wasn't just out of reach. It would help loads, if fully executed, because it would make the knees pop in just enough to give him full clearance.

Thankfully, it seems the foil stickers are getting better in quality. Mine are surviving pretty well, even with me messing with him for a while.

So overall, Blitzwing is a great figure. Other than the occasional problem, he brings the presence of Blitzwing and represents the character very well. He's great on his own, but is amazing as a companion piece to Astrotrain. I recommend picking him up if you've got a Blitz-shaped hole in your collection.

I hope to make BronzeWolf Reviews Stuff a more regular and frequent series, although some may not get posted on the front page, especially if I start doing older figures, so make sure to keep checking over on the Toy Review forum!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Titans Return Blitzwing

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Good Review. I just got this guy about a week and a half ago and I love him.

The tabs on the knees will go into the upper legs. It really takes some work to get them in there on the first try. After a while you get the hang of it and they tab in a bit easier. I went through the same issue with Megatron. That is probably why the leg flap won't close on yours.

The knees are still a problem in tank mode even if you get the legs to tab in correctly. At least on mine.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Excellent review man! I especially like the shot with the airplane mode off the ground.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Nice review BW!

and yeah, the leg tab is a thing, but it CAN be done. You really have to work the knee joint. I leave the back flap open on mine so I can put pressure on the knee with one hand, while I push the tab into the slot with my other hand.

Like Rodi Con said, once you get it the first time, it definitely gets easier.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback! Yeah, I'll have to try to pop the leg in, see if that solves any of my other problems. It's funny, though, the other leg I obviously don't peg in, but the panel stays down. :-? Further testing is required!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7

Postby RNSrobot » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:12 pm

I know I'm way in the minority here, but as much as this was intended for Blitzwing, I prefer it as Megatron! I can't quite put my finger on it. In pictures his colors just don't quite work for me, and I think Megs being more gray all-around helps some of the issues. I dunno. Proportions, somehow.

Jet mold is total **** gold though!
RNSrobot
Minibot
Watch RNSrobot on YouTube
Buy from RNSrobot on eBay

Postby Microraptor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
That flight stand is genius!
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby dragons » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:20 pm

this FIgure looks better as blitzwing than to megtraon FIgure
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:55 pm

I've found that pegging the knees works best if you peg each legs separately in first and then tab the 2 legs to each other, as opposed to tabbing the legs together first and trying to peg in both knees at once. I also leave the flaps open until I get the knees pegged in fully.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Good review! I have Megatron, and I generally like the mold. I'm looking forward to getting Blitzwing, even though I think the designers dropped the ball on the tank mode. I saw it with Megatron, but I hoped they would modify it for Blitzwing. The robot and jet modes are top notch, though. It's like they designed those 1st then threw in the tank.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby homicide » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 am

Motto: ""Chaos is my only ally, and Destruction my only friend.""
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Good Review. I just got this guy about a week and a half ago and I love him.

The tabs on the knees will go into the upper legs. It really takes some work to get them in there on the first try. After a while you get the hang of it and they tab in a bit easier. I went through the same issue with Megatron. That is probably why the leg flap won't close on yours.

The knees are still a problem in tank mode even if you get the legs to tab in correctly. At least on mine.

Yea, I ran into the same problem with the leg flaps not staying closed and after looking over the figure very closely and doing some fiddling I was able to get the tap into the leg and that solved all the leg problems. As already said, despite it being a tight fit it will actually fit and you shouldn't have any trouble with the flaps any longer.
homicide
Mini-Con
Buy from homicide on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby homicide » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Motto: ""Chaos is my only ally, and Destruction my only friend.""
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I just wanted to share this pic that I took yesterday of the 3 Titans Return Decepticon Triple-Changers, all with Reprolabels. I absolutely love how these 3 look together, they look so much better than the previous versions we've gotten & of course the Reprolabels are just icing!

homicide
Mini-Con
Buy from homicide on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM406 4A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #284 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210635 284RI Hollins"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP200474 5A (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM324 8E (CA) Reis (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS #25 Marvel Comics 1988 200610A (CA) Kubert (A) Trimpe"
GI JOE SPECIAL MIS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON