This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Over at San Diego Comic Con 2017, brand team household names Ben Montano and John Warden were hosting the Hasbro Transformers panel, as Megatron keeps interjecting on screen with #StandWithMegatron messages as hacked by Soundwave. Presentation proper starts with Transformers: The Last Knight toys, followed by a presentation on Power of the Primes.

No full news was really revealed during the session, as most of what we learned was either already known or shown in the story from the breakfast event here. Follow the links below to join the relevant threads for discussion, and stay tuned for visual support soon!

THE LAST KNIGHT

Mega 1-step turbo changer Dragonstorm: showed the Cyberfire gimmick on Turbo Changer line

Leader
Wave 2 - Leader Dragonstorm shown

Wave 1 - Megatron: design concepts and art shown for jet and robot mode's face gimmick

Voyager
Wave 3 - Nitro: was shown

Deluxe
Wave 4 - Cogman: design based on the Aston Martin used in the movie, made into a transtector - inside of the car actually seats two Titan Masters (Ginrai namedropped)
Wave 3 - Bumblebee: 2017 Camaro, details and proportions are incredible, design on transformation is intricate, and Takara Tomy were praised for their work on the toy.

Movie Masterpiece line
Actually a partnership between Hasbro and Takara Tomy, for global release.

MPM-4 Optimus Prime
MPM-3 Bumblebee

Generations: POWER OF THE PRIMES

Final chapter of the Prime Wars trilogy. Combiner Wars, Titans Return - now going as big as they can get: Transformers Gods. Fan poll (Megatron skit interrupting again) was mentioned, as a candidate in the poll to Optimus Primal (some very cool art shown, including some from the Covenant of Primus). Each Prime has an ability and an artefact, but faded becoming legend - until now.

Mysterious characters called Prime Masters are spark bearers, connecting to others to bestow godlike powers.

Prime Masters
Skullgrin shown, as spark of Liege Maximo. Each comes with a collectable card, 12 in total. Cards are part of the story. Each Prime Master hides in a Decoy Suit (5$ price point), who turn into weapons.

Legends
Beachcomber shown, can hold Prime Masters in seat.

Deluxe
Dreadwind & Blackwing combine into superjet Dreadwing

Jazz

Voyager
Starscream - also has 'secret powers', as seen in previous gallery post.

Leader
Rodimus Prime - able to evolve from Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime, as G1/ 1986 accurate as possible, Matrix can worn inside the chest, can be interchanged with other Leader sparks.

(Megatronus, Amalgamous Prime from Aligned Continuity both mentioned)

Prime Masters are new across the line play system: ride Legends, worn on chest by Deluxes, worn on arms by Voyagers, Matrix by Leaders.

More will be shown at Hascon, but some packaging mock-ups of art shown leading into the Machinima series part of the panel.

Machinima Titans Return
125bln views for Combiner Wars

First new character seen and shown on show will be Trypticon. Nothing new to show yet, but they did reiterate a sizzle reel/teaser trailer from the new cast, as announced here, featuring Jason David Frank, Wil Wheaton, Michael Dorn, MatPat, Peter Cullen, Nolan North, Judd Nelson, Jason Marnocha, Frank Todaro and more!

Ten episodes confirmed, then interrupted by Megatron spoof commercial for Trypticon's Titan Master Crunch, with exclusive poster available during the convention.

Hall of Fame
Favourite TF Character finalists
-Blackarachnia
-Galvatron
-Cyclonus

Favourite TF Movie Character finalists
-Barricade
-Hound
-Optimus Prime

Toy of the Year 2017 finalists
-Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy
-Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon
-Titans Return Deluxe Topspin

Winners will be announced at Hascon.

SDCC 2017 Exclusives
Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime with Shreddicus Maximus

The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime, plus official Western Star tire shard from movies (Megatron interrupts, seems happy to own a piece of Optimus Prime at least)

Q&A

Where is Titans Return Arcee? Hold tight, something might happen in Power of the Primes.

Will Masterpiece Dinobot see US release? Stay tuned.

Are we ever going to get a Bludgeon figure, in Decoy Suit style? Stay tuned.

Which is your favourite toy (kid question)? John: Cogman and Trypticon, I feed him every day. Ben: Leader Megatron.

Any plans for Decepticons in Masterpiece Movie Line? Great things in store, good reception of the line.

No plans for movie line exclusive repaints, like SDCC 2016 Dinobot set.

Any plans for classic Combiners, like Predaking, or IDW characters? Stay tuned, we know they're popular. No more plans for Nautica right now, we're aware of stories and interest.

What is planned for that Power of the Primes Starscream mold? Many, many things in store.

Response to QA issues with Trypticon, and limited distribution of the Titans Return boxsets? May have been isolated incidents, but it has been reported and it is being looked into right now. Warden has been made to do the splits. Same is being done for latter, with possible reissues down the line, but nothing confirmed.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I am very intrigued by Starscream.Kinda disappointed by the bull rays, they're small for those massive arms.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Blackwing? Really? I guess Darkwing was still unavailable but even Darkwind from the Universe toy would have been better but I guess that's gone too. Or that they really needed the 'wing' bit since these are the first toys of both since G1 that can combined into Dreadwing.. which was always kinda lame in itself and always looked like Darkwing just crashed into the back of Dreadwind and they went with that to save face.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Trypticon Titan Master Crunch Limited Poster #HasbroSDCC

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:34 pm

As teased during the Transformers brand panel from Hasbro, we have the full image of the Trypticon's Titan Master Crunch exclusive SDCC 2017 giveaway poster - which can also be folded into an actual cereal box! Poking fun at the 'eating' gimmick for the Titan class figure, the poster can be seen below.

A #Trypticon poster that can be folded into a cereal box?! Don’t miss this poster giveaway at #HasbroSDCC booth #3213 at 1pm!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Graviton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Is Slugslinger the only deluxe in the last TR wave? Also can somebody ask who Magnus Prime is intended to be, and if there are plans for the Intelligence and Firepower sets to still be released.
Graviton
Mini-Con

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Hmmm. I wonder how much sugary kid cereal Grimlock could eat. On second thought that would be a terrible idea on many levels!

Poster looks neat though!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
They got MatPat to voice Computron?! Wonder if we'll get a "just a theory" line in the series :lol:
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Yeah let's keep asking for predaking and abominus and get the same answer "stay tuned, we know they're popular"

It's not happening.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby EmirateXaaron » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Motto: "Becoming the physical body of Primus really lowers your life-expectancy."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Man, that poster is just too cool. Sucks it's exclusive only to the SDCC booth, or else I'd totally pick it up. If anyone's at SDCC and wouldn't mind snagging me one, I'd be eternally grateful. ;)^
EmirateXaaron
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Buy from EmirateXaaron on eBay
Alt Mode: Space tank
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: ???

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Trypticon Titan Master Crunch Limited Poster #HasbroSDCC

Postby Tranzilla » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Va'al wrote:As teased during the Transformers brand panel from Hasbro, we have the full image of the Trypticon's Titan Master Crunch exclusive SDCC 2017 giveaway poster - which can also be folded into an actual cereal box! Poking fun at the 'eating' gimmick for the Titan class figure, the poster can be seen below.

A #Trypticon poster that can be folded into a cereal box?! Don’t miss this poster giveaway at #HasbroSDCC booth #3213 at 1pm!

Anyone notice Scorponok is listed as a Titan Master. There's also a Professor Go. Upcoming releases maybe?
Tranzilla
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Trypticon Titan Master Crunch Limited Poster #HasbroSDCC

Postby Va'al » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Tranzilla wrote:
Va'al wrote:As teased during the Transformers brand panel from Hasbro, we have the full image of the Trypticon's Titan Master Crunch exclusive SDCC 2017 giveaway poster - which can also be folded into an actual cereal box! Poking fun at the 'eating' gimmick for the Titan class figure, the poster can be seen below.

Anyone notice Scorponok is listed as a Titan Master. There's also a Professor Go. Upcoming releases maybe?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... led/38991/ ;)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Heh, by the time any MP Beast Wars get released by Hasbro, anyone who'd have wanted them badly enough would have already sprung for the Takara versions.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:07 pm

So if each prime has an artifact then who has what - off the top of my head I know Alpha Trion has a quill pen (and some sort of staff) and that Solus Prime has a hammer - I guess Vector & Prima have swords.

Is Liege Maximo's a Lion-O style Claw shield perhaps ?
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:33 pm

RAR wrote:So if each prime has an artifact then who has what - off the top of my head I know Alpha Trion has a quill pen (and some sort of staff) and that Solus Prime has a hammer - I guess Vector & Prima have swords.

Is Liege Maximo's a Lion-O style Claw shield perhaps ?
The Covenant of Primus book and the three novels laid out the artifacts belonging to each of the Aligned Primes, but there's no telling if Hasbro's gonna follow that to the letter with this toyline.

The artifacts of each Aligned 13er are:
  • Prima - the Matrix of Leadership and the Star Saber
  • Vector Prime - the Blades of Time
  • Alpha Trion - the Covenant of Primus and the Quill
  • Solus Prime - the Forge of Solus Prime and the Creation Lathe
  • Micronus Prime - the Chimera Stone
  • Alchemist Prime - the Lenses
  • Nexus Prime - the Enigma of Combination/Infinite Combinatoric, the Cyber Caliber, the Omni Saber, and the Chaos Edge
  • Onyx Prime - the Triptych Mask
  • Amalgamous Prime - the original Transformation Cog and the Scythe
  • Quintus Prime - the Emberstone
  • Liege Maximo - the Liegian Darts
  • Megatronus - the Requiem Blaster

The Apex Armor was another, created by Solus Prime and implied to have been worn by Megatronus after her funeral.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
I hope they correct the biggest snub in CoP, the Skyboom Shield. I'm aware this crosses the streams. I don't care.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby durroth » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
Tranzilla wrote:

From the titan master powers given, I'm guessing that the extra titan masters all correspond to figures in the box sets, existing and planned.

Rodimus- Speed set
Thunderwing- Strength set
Fathom- Tidal Wave
Ginrai- Magnus Prime (probably)
Parsec- Nautica (probably)
Laser prime's titan master is probably considered diac still, given his bio has him teleporting them all
Not sure with metalhawk but *PROBABLY* fengul, given the bio has him raining down energy bolts
Dynamus- Quickswitch (probably
Ultra Magnus- Intelligence box set (unannounced)
Scorponok- Firepower box set (unannounced)
with the rest of the new names being unannounced box set figure heads
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Bronzewolf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Seibertron.com has now posted our official video from the San Diego Comic Con Transformers brand panel! The panel happened earlier today, and gives more details about the new Toys from Power of the Primes (such as Rodimus Prime, Jazz, and Beachcomber) and The Last Knight (Deluxe Cogman, Hot Rod, Bumblebee). The full recap of the panel can be found here.

Check out the full panel below, head to the respective threads (Power of the Primes here, The Last Knight here) to discuss the news and please stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more SDCC news and coverage!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby RAR » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:20 am

I had to filtch Toyarks pics - but for that reason I'll put them as links not inserts :

https://shft.cl/img/p/pbs.twimg.com-672968644282489.jpg

But there is all the Prime-Masters in 'Headmode'.

Which I never expected to see on day one. But they are styled in a way that they would make a cool but excentric head and also look nice in a Matrix Frame or in "Pretending to be an engine/chestplate" it's just ambiguous enough.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:08 am

RAR wrote:I had to filtch Toyarks pics - but for that reason I'll put them as links not inserts :

https://shft.cl/img/p/pbs.twimg.com-672968644282489.jpg

But there is all the Prime-Masters in 'Headmode'.

Which I never expected to see on day one. But they are styled in a way that they would make a cool but excentric head and also look nice in a Matrix Frame or in "Pretending to be an engine/chestplate" it's just ambiguous enough.

That image is in the video posted just above your message.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:02 am

Huh, there's only 11 emblems in that image. One's missing.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Omegatron. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I count 12.
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby Palo_zfogs » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Motto: "The more insane, the better."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
If I had the chance to ask those guys at the panel, I would ask that do they have plans for TLK Mohawk, Dreadbot and Onslaught?
Actually, I wanted to ask why weren't those three included in the Premier Edition but I think It'll sound blunt.
Palo_zfogs
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dark-Matter Space Cruiser

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Omegatron. wrote:I count 12.
Clockwise from the bottom-left, I count:

1. yellow one
2. pink one
3. purple one
4. red one
5. gold one
6. blue one
7. gray one
8. brown one
9. green one
10. black one
11. bronze one

I can't see a twelfth one.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:

1. yellow one
2. pink one
3. purple one
4. red one
5. gold one
6. blue one
7. gray one
8. brown one
9. green one
10. black one
11. bronze one

The one Optimus Primal is holding.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:15 am

Va'al wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

1. yellow one
2. pink one
3. purple one
4. red one
5. gold one
6. blue one
7. gray one
8. brown one
9. green one
10. black one
11. bronze one

The one Optimus Primal is holding.
The Matrix is reserved for the 13th Prime's power. The other 12 Primes get those emblems, but I only see 11 emblems.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON