This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Get a load of this wicked Megatron cosplay that IGN spotted at SDCC:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Plans Until 2021, Only Slugslinger in Wave 6, Hidden Gimmicks and More Discovered in Interview

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Site owner Seibertron had some exclusive news from Hasbro head Transformers designer John Warden during the designer's final interview at SDCC2017. We got several definitive answers to questions several fans had, and we thank him greatly for that. Here is the full interview

Can you tell us about the other two Titans Return box sets which we have not seen yet?

Sure, as fans have noticed, the sets are centered around the four different powers/tech specs and only two of those powers are getting the boxset treatment. We will not be releasing the other remaining powers as box sets of the same kinds but there will be unique offerings that will allow fans to have a representation of the two remaining powers. It will be exciting news shared later so stay tuned (Editor's note: this is probably what the recent Arcee and Ultra Magnus leaks are about and would explain why they are a different format than what we have previously seen since the remaining powers would not be done in the same way as the boxsets)

Will there be other toys in the Slugslinger wave?

Yes but they will all be repackaged characters. I do not remember which characters are repackaged however Slugslinger is the only new character in that wave and the final new toy from the Titans Return line (Editor’s note: this might be a response to the frequent practice of retailers not ordering/stocking the final waves of figures as was the case with Combiner Wars)

While the Combiner Wars show got a lot of hits and downloads, the fan community still felt there was much to be desired. Can you tell us if there will be an improvement with the Titans Return show?

We are very excited to be working with a partner like Machinima. The Combiners Wars show turned out great. Machinima has some exciting news that they shared at the panel we just had like all the new voice actor talent. They're very excited to say that Peter Cullin is back and so is Judd Nelson and Will Wheaton will be the voice of perceptor which is great. They will also be lengthening the episodes which is really really cool.

Okay well I'm looking forward to it. Now speaking of supporting fiction, what is the plan for supporting fiction in Prime Wars and Power of the Primes? Will these core ideas of the toy line be supported in the IDW fiction?

Um, well I mean that's a very good question. We do have a great partnership with IDW and we share with them all our plans. They're able to bring to life those characters in very interesting ways so I think that yeah I don't know specifics but yeah the plan would be to work with IDW as much as possible.

Why release the 12 Primes as avatars instead of making toys of the Primes themselves?

Also a really good question. So the primes really in some cases are more like spirits, you know, it would be hard to imagine some of them in toy form aside for some like Vector Prime. Also, they are lesser known to casual fans. The Prime Wars line really seems to be paying off like doing A-list characters and also mixing in some more obscure characters like the Targetmaster Decepticons that only had the G1 toy before. With the Primes, that's a lot more difficult especially when scale is a factor since some would be really big it would be a challenge to make a big version of a great Prime. So to bring them to life in an ecosystem it's better to look at it in a small and unified collectible way and introduce them that way. That's how we came up with the decoy suits, it gives a chance for younger fans to have a collectible and it helps to bring these lesser known characters into a toyline.

Why not wait for this Prime evolution gimmick to release Power Master Prime?

That's an excellent question. The idea we have in Power of the Primes line is that they evolve up so he would have been a good fit. But in the year Titans Return we wanted to make sure we had a big version of Optimus Prime and there's only so many big cool versions of the character so as we were looking at the Titans Return ecosystem we weren't even thinking of that evolution system yet which only came to real form a year ago and by that time Power Master Prime was already finished.

Quick question on that on (Power of the Primes) Jazz, is he a fully new mold?

Yes he is all new.

Any plans for God bomber in the US?

God Bomber, there are no plans for God Bomber to come to the US at this time. All that is planned is that Magnus Prime in the Seige of Cybertron set.

It appears that there are combiner ports on the Power of the Prime deluxe figures and on Starscream. What can you tell us about Combiners in Power of the Primes?

I will answer that with a very vague answer right now. So story-wise the Prime Masters had the powers of the gods and they can unlock certain powers. Now we wanted it so that these powers are not just up to kid's imaginations, the Prime Masters can literally unlock some gimmicks that are hidden in these toys as well. That is as much as we can say for now but we will reveal more at a later date for sure, fans just need to stay tuned.

I'm assuming that Hascon is a place where this will be further revealed?

That's right, Hascon, and Hascon fans will be the ones that will see more of the gimmicks hidden in the Power of the Primes line.

There were some Headmaster characters that were missing in the Titans Return line so will the Titan Master gimmick have a resurgence in the power of the Prime line where Headmaster Juniors could have toys of their own?

Not in Power of the Primes line I can say that flat out but in the future, not only were we thinking ahead when we did the Prime Wars trilogy but as we start to think about the future we actually have our course mapped all the way to 2021 which is very exciting. So when you look at Generations, the roadmap for the future is very bright and gimmicks like a Titan Master are fully engineered and there's no reason why we would not revisit that later and these are all characters we could eventually cover.

When you guys started Combiner Wars, was the road map to Power of the Pines there or not?

We started with Combiner Wars and we knew we wanted some sort of a sequel to it since we knew that Combiner Wars would one day end. When I started planning, I came to the table with all these characters we had not done yet. Headmasters, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, so we decided it would just so much stuff that the higher ups decided to make it a Trilogy. And that made sense to us so it happened organically. So the idea of doing Power of the Primes was there in essence and we put a flag in the ground a long time ago knowing it would eventually lead to the Primes and the Power of the Prime (literally) since it's the most epic part of Transformers history.

Anything with Omega Supreme or Scorponok which were also into fan vote since you know we like those guys?

Well the fan polls are really awesome for us because they let us engage with the fans and see what they're excited about. When we look to 2021 and all the possibilities we now have with the technology, absolutely. Characters like Omega Supreme and Scorponok are some of the most memorable characters in The Transformers universe and in the spirit of imagining things that are cool and giving them a new light they are totally on the table.

Now what about the fan favourite Dinobots, is there any possibility of G1 reissues or in the Generations line, other than Grimlock?

One thing great about San Diego Comic-Con is speaking to people not just die hard fans like you, but also any casual fan that could be walking by. We hear loud and clear last year that Rodimus Prime was the character people really wanted to see and now we have him. We also heard loud and could people really wanted those Dinobots so nothing to reveal yet but I can say that we always listen to fans.

Has Hasbro unveiled anything in terms of exclusives for Hascon?

Nothing yet but stay tuned, there is definitely something. It's a very very cool something.

Is there anything else you might want to share with us any random thought let us know?

I don't know, I think it's just really exciting to be at an event like this because not only do you have a chance to meet fans but when you look at characters like the movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime, there was 20 year old kid and I saw a sparkle in this guy's eyes and he was thinking "that's a toy of a character I loves seeing as a kid" (when he would have been 10) and it's energizing to see the torch being passed, I think that's really what makes our franchise so cool. It's not just G1, it's not just Beast Wars, it's not just the movies, it's everything and we're all together it's one big Transformers family. It's very exciting.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: SDCC 2017: Hasbro Transformers Panel, Featuring Power of the Primes, The Last Knight, Machinima

Postby kurthy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
:-( :-(

I want more headmasters!
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby MaverickPrime » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Why didn't they get Paul Eiding back? He's pretty active on social media, and still acts, AND still mentions fondly that he was Perceptor in G1!
He seems like a genuinely nice guy, I'm sure he would've agreed to be on Titans Return :(
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Plans Until 2021, Only Slugslinger in Wave 6, Hidden Gimmicks and More Discovered in Interview

Postby King Kuuga » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
The Combiners Wars show turned out great.

Debatable.

Peter Cullin is back and so is Judd Nelson and Will Wheaton will be the voice of perceptor which is great.

Peter Cullen and Wil (with one L) Wheaton. Are we sure this was proofread? ;)

Okay well I'm looking forward to it. Now speaking of supporting fiction, what is the plan for supporting fiction in Prime Wars and Power of the Primes? Will these core ideas of the toy line be supported in the IDW fiction?

Um, well I mean that's a very good question. We do have a great partnership with IDW and we share with them all our plans. They're able to bring to life those characters in very interesting ways so I think that yeah I don't know specifics but yeah the plan would be to work with IDW as much as possible.

In other words, IDW will continue to do their own thing and throw together a quick tie-in before getting back to their pre-planned storylines.

Why release the 12 Primes as avatars instead of making toys of the Primes themselves?

Also a really good question. So the primes really in some cases are more like spirits, you know

No, I don't know.
it would be hard to imagine some of them in toy form aside for some like Vector Prime. Also, they are lesser known to casual fans.

It is literally your job to imagine them in toy form and figure out how to market them.

Why not wait for this Prime evolution gimmick to release Power Master Prime?

That's an excellent question. The idea we have in Power of the Primes line is that they evolve up so he would have been a good fit. But in the year Titans Return we wanted to make sure we had a big version of Optimus Prime and there's only so many big cool versions of the character so as we were looking at the Titans Return ecosystem we weren't even thinking of that evolution system yet which only came to real form a year ago and by that time Power Master Prime was already finished.

Basically they hadn't thought up the Prime Master gimmick yet or he would have been one. Kudos for honesty.

Any plans for God bomber in the US?

God Bomber, there are no plans for God Bomber to come to the US at this time. All that is planned is that Magnus Prime in the Seige of Cybertron set.

This is unfortunate.

It appears that there are combiner ports on the Power of the Prime deluxe figures and on Starscream. What can you tell us about Combiners in Power of the Primes?

I will answer that with a very vague answer right now. So story-wise the Prime Masters had the powers of the gods and they can unlock certain powers. Now we wanted it so that these powers are not just up to kid's imaginations, the Prime Masters can literally unlock some gimmicks that are hidden in these toys as well. That is as much as we can say for now but we will reveal more at a later date for sure, fans just need to stay tuned.

So some or all of the molds will be able to form combiners. Neat.

Is there anything else you might want to share with us any random thought let us know?

I don't know, I think it's just really exciting to be at an event like this because not only do you have a chance to meet fans but when you look at characters like the movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime, there was 20 year old kid and I saw a sparkle in this guy's eyes and he was thinking "that's a toy of a character I loves seeing as a kid" (when he would have been 10) and it's energizing to see the torch being passed, I think that's really what makes our franchise so cool. It's not just G1, it's not just Beast Wars, it's not just the movies, it's everything and we're all together it's one big Transformers family. It's very exciting.

Okay this part is really unclear. Was there a 20 year-old with a kid? A guy that was a kid 20 years ago? I'm so confused.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Plans Until 2021, Only Slugslinger in Wave 6, Hidden Gimmicks and More Discovered in Interview

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
King Kuuga wrote:I don't know, I think it's just really exciting to be at an event like this because not only do you have a chance to meet fans but when you look at characters like the movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime, there was 20 year old kid and I saw a sparkle in this guy's eyes and he was thinking "that's a toy of a character I loves seeing as a kid" (when he would have been 10) and it's energizing to see the torch being passed, I think that's really what makes our franchise so cool. It's not just G1, it's not just Beast Wars, it's not just the movies, it's everything and we're all together it's one big Transformers family. It's very exciting.

Okay this part is really unclear. Was there a 20 year-old with a kid? A guy that was a kid 20 years ago? I'm so confused.[/quote]Lemme put it this way: I consider myself to be a 27-year-old kid.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
The Combiners Wars show turned out great.
Bull it's was a disaster both as a Transformers show and as a work of fiction in general that most of the fandom collectively hate.

I have low standards (I enjoyed all 5 Live action films and always will) but CW couldn't do anything right but from what I've seen on Facebook and youtube I guess the casual sheep with lower standards sucked it up.

Machinima has some exciting news that they shared at the panel we just had like all the new voice actor talent. They're very excited to say that Peter Cullin is back and so is Judd Nelson and Will Wheaton will be the voice of perceptor which is great.
Good actors don't mean jack slag if you can't make good fiction.

Ah so I see that IDW will continue to get ruined and turned to the garbage it is now bar a few individual issues like the life of Sideswipe due to forced crossovers screwing up the plans.

It would be like if Disney forced Marvel to do a bunch of stuff that ruined their plans.

Also a really good question. So the primes really in some cases are more like spirits, you know,
Since when? Never heard of this before and I'm a sucker for 13 lore.

it would be hard to imagine some of them in toy form aside for some like Vector Prime. Also, they are lesser known to casual fans.
SO WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? You say this yet you also bring up Decepticon Targetmasters who are also obscure to casual fans oh and half of Titans Return is an obscure character fantasy like the damn clones hell this bloody franchise won't survive if you just let it stagnate by recycling Optimus Prime and the 1984-1986 guys for the hundredth time

Also you just created Alpha Bravo, Rook and Offroad so don't pull this card Warden.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby LSHeroes21 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 am

About his only clear concise answer was Godbomber. No plans. Period. The rest of the answers might have well have come from a civil servant.
LSHeroes21
Mini-Con

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:30 am

LSHeroes21 wrote:About his only clear concise answer was Godbomber. No plans. Period. The rest of the answers might have well have come from a civil servant.

I don't ever remember Warden being a good spokesperson.

He's ok at other stuff but not interviews like this.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Burn » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:54 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:When you guys started Combiner Wars, was the road map to Power of the Pines there or not?

We started with Combiner Wars and we knew we wanted some sort of a sequel to it since we knew that Combiner Wars would one day end. When I started planning, I came to the table with all these characters we had not done yet. Headmasters, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon,

But how could Trypticon be planned if he was a fan vote ... :-?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Kurona » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:55 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
A lot of these answers were kind of predictable -- basically a 'professional' way of saying "I can't tell you yet and/or we don't have plans for this specific thing planned yet so stay tuned" - but it was frustrating to see him dodge the point of the CW Criticism and G1 Re-issue questions entirely. That's not even a pre-programmed response, that's just answering a completely different question.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:16 am

Sabrblade wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:

Okay this part is really unclear. Was there a 20 year-old with a kid? A guy that was a kid 20 years ago? I'm so confused.
Lemme put it this way: I consider myself to be a 27-year-old kid.

Actually that idea had crossed my mind but I was confused because I missed that this was about movie masterpiece Prime, I was thinking of MP-10 and that got me confused because a 20 year-old would probably not have nostalgic memories of G1 Optimus Prime from 10 years ago. But a 20 year-old kid reminiscing about movie Prime, yeah that I totally understand.

Kurona wrote:A lot of these answers were kind of predictable -- basically a 'professional' way of saying "I can't tell you yet and/or we don't have plans for this specific thing planned yet so stay tuned" - but it was frustrating to see him dodge the point of the CW Criticism and G1 Re-issue questions entirely. That's not even a pre-programmed response, that's just answering a completely different question.

The Machinima shows are kind of out of his control, and at public events he basically has to be a salesman. All positivity all the time. Hype up the good parts of the brand and downplay or ignore the unsavory bits. I commented elsewhere that I'm sure the criticisms of the show have been noted, whether or not they will be acted upon, but they're not going to come out in an official statement and say "Yeah we didn't do so well on that one."
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Hero Alpha » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:27 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Very. very disappointing news. That means no Horrorcons in Titans Return, and no Headmaster Horrorcons in PotP. Since he said no headmasters in it.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6

Postby Tyrannacon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:23 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Super awesome interview. He didn't really answer anything specifically and just kept to positive PR generated generalizations. :P

Not all was completely terrible though...so that is...something. :P

Though I hope the Machinima Titans Return series is dramatically improved from the Combiner Wars series. It sounds like it might be, just going to remain positive for now hoping.
Last edited by Tyrannacon on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I decided to speak my mind appropriately I hope here. :P
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Nexus Knight » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 am

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:When you guys started Combiner Wars, was the road map to Power of the Pines there or not?

We started with Combiner Wars and we knew we wanted some sort of a sequel to it since we knew that Combiner Wars would one day end. When I started planning, I came to the table with all these characters we had not done yet. Headmasters, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon,

Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll... if I could venture a guess, I'd say it was one of two things. A). They had designs for all three of the characters in the fan vote and decided a fan vote was the easiest way to choose which (because I imagine it's not cheap to make a Titan class toy). Or B). Trypticon was on the design from the beginning, but they decided to let the fans see if they wanted him.

Of course, this is all speculation and I have no proof to back it up, but it's the two best explanations I could give.
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
So this is the only take away from all of this that I can glean as a fan:

It's a shame these asshats designers didn't have their **** together enough to make apeface and snapdragon the poster children for tr voyagers instead of giving us crap like galvatron.

It's also a shame that they went to the trouble of releasing magnus prime but then screwed over their fans by not bothering to release the second part of the combiner - which they had to have known about.

And **** seriously? Vector Prime is too obscure to sell well? Then why did he sell well when he was first made? Why are sawback and shuffler selling so well? Are they not the epitome of obscure? Could it not be that they all sold well because they were cool, well made figures? Admit it, this is just Warden not wanting to taint his 'G1 is the best thing ever' line with someone so prominent from the UT >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:55 am

King Kuuga wrote:Peter Cullen and Wil (with one L) Wheaton. Are we sure this was proofread? ;)
Basically they hadn't thought up the Prime Master gimmick yet or he would have been one. Kudos for honesty.

1. I really thought Wil Wheaton had 2 Ls. Anyways its been corrected now, so thanks :)
2. I did appreciate the honest comments. While the answers may frustrate people i feel this is the most we have ever gotten from Hasbro, ever. Lots of definitive answers (sadly, about not getting things) and that roadmap answer was cool.
3. It was even more unclear in the original audio I had to transcribe, really. Its because he called the 20 year old a "20 year old kid", since he (John) is much older than that and considers 20 year olds kids. He goes on for a good minute about that.

Deadput wrote:
Also a really good question. So the primes really in some cases are more like spirits, you know,
Since when? Never heard of this before and I'm a sucker for 13 lore.

Arent they currently spirits in RID?

Plus there was this whole business which could be seen as spirits:

Remember guys, the current toy fiction is not the same as either G1 or Alligned, its just a composite of it all and it seems with the story they are telling, they went with the Primes in their current form, which would be spirits whos power could be harnessed. Basically, they are making up their own fiction for this toyline based loosely on previous concepts.

Burn wrote:

The fan vote was just to know who we wanted next. They had plans for trypticon since 2014 it seems, they just waited for our added confirmation to release it this year.

Kurona wrote:A lot of these answers were kind of predictable -- basically a 'professional' way of saying "I can't tell you yet and/or we don't have plans for this specific thing planned yet so stay tuned" - but it was frustrating to see him dodge the point of the CW Criticism and G1 Re-issue questions entirely. That's not even a pre-programmed response, that's just answering a completely different question.

I 100% agree with you on that G1 reissue question. He was being honest about everything else, I dont know why he totally deviated at this one. No maybe, no "no", just something else.

Hellscream9999 wrote:And **** seriously? Vector Prime is too obscure to sell well? Then why did he sell well when he was first made? Why are sawback and shuffler selling so well? Are they not the epitome of obscure? Could it not be that they all sold well because they were cool, well made figures? Admit it, this is just Warden not wanting to taint his 'G1 is the best thing ever' line with someone so prominent from the UT >:oP

He said everyone aside from certain primes, like Vector Prime. So Vector Prime was more an exception.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm still a bit cynical about the "it's hard to design and market these characters" line because that is literally his job to figure out and they've had success with even more obscure characters than the 13 Primes.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

Postby Deadput » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:41 pm

King Kuuga wrote:I'm still a bit cynical about the "it's hard to design and market these characters" line because that is literally his job to figure out and they've had success with even more obscure characters than the 13 Primes.

And he is just being lazy then since Generations just had characters like the mother slagging clones and obscure Japanese headmasters like Lione made.

There's no way around that hypocritical statement.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Most of this is very disappointing news, especially God Bomber and the Thirteen. The missing Primes I guess I should have expected, but releasing the retooled Ginrai mold and not releasing God Bomber is... confusing to say the least. Of all the leader class figures they could have done for the box set, they chose one which is only mildly different in appearance than their PMOP toy. It's not even a small stretch to assume this was so they could bring in God Bomber later and have them be compatible, as many did assume. I'm just left wondering, "Why?"
On a side note, did anyone get a definitive answer on who exactly Magnus Prime is meant to be?
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby ArmadaPrime » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Not getting full figures of the thirteen really isn't a surprise to me at all. Many of them have similar aesthetics and no defined altmode- we'd end up with a whole bunch of kinda regal looking bots which probably turned into cybertronian spaceships (with a few oddballs thrown in like Onyx). Sure they could add some variation, but even then people would want all 13 to be in scale so that pretty much locks down a size class (voyager or leader at that, with the occasional exception) for the whole line. Not that I'm totally sold on what we are actually getting, although the pretender shells are a neat touch. If I'm interpreting Warden right then they might have a touch of powermaster too! Albeit probably not the whole spring-loaded deal if only for the sake of parts count (and because that would lock off key features until you'd bought a separate toy, which seems odd from the same company that sold individual heads for fear of backlash if kids lost their headmasters).

What does strike me as odd is Godbomber though. When they've now got a line with a core gimmick of combining with armour for a powerup mode, this seems the perfect place to release it! Especially as LK notes after going to the trouble of releasing a figure very similar to the PMOP they already did. Very odd choice imo.
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 pm

ArmadaPrime wrote:(and because that would lock off key features until you'd bought a separate toy, which seems odd from the same company that sold individual heads for fear of backlash if kids lost their headmasters).

But then again, look at all the CW voyagers. They became combiner torsos, but those modes cant be used unless you buy other toys (4 other toys, no less).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:(and because that would lock off key features until you'd bought a separate toy, which seems odd from the same company that sold individual heads for fear of backlash if kids lost their headmasters).

But then again, look at all the CW voyagers. They became combiner torsos, but those modes cant be used unless you buy other toys (4 other toys, no less).

I want to say that having a floating torso is a little different from having hidden weapons or details on your toy that literally require a separate product to use. It's why Armada toys were sold with mini-cons.
King Kuuga
Gestalt

SDCC 2017: Videos from Event Featuring Transformers Reveals, Hasbro Panels, Showfloor and More

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:58 pm

We know there are all these delicious leaks around, but for those still wanting to see more of the fun that was had at SDCC2017 and could not make it, well Seibertron.com has now uploaded plenty of videos from the event. As previously shown, you can see the Hasbro Brand panel in full but other panels as well, such as the one for the My Little Pony film and one for Revolutions. We also have videos of all the Transformers toys found on the showfloor, so you can take in the displays as if you were there. This also includes licensed products like that gorgeous Beast Wars Megatron. The video helps you see how huge it is. Plus, check out the fun video of Transformers The Last Knight BARRICADE cruising the streets at San Diego Comic-Con.

Transformers Power of the Primes product reveals at SDCC 2017

Transformers product reveals from Hasbro's Brand Preview Event at SDCC 2017

Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force toy products shown at SDCC 2017

Transformers Titans Return toy products shown at SDCC 2017

Transformers The Last Knight toy products from Hasbro at SDCC 2017

Officially Licensed Transformers products shown at SDCC 2017

Transformers Masterpiece Movie Optimus Prime and Bumblebee from Hasbro

Masterpiece Bumblebee transforming display at IDW's San Diego Comic Art Gallery

Transformers The Last Knight BARRICADE cruising the streets at San Diego Comic-Con 2017

My Little Pony The Movie and Equestria Girls products shown at SDCC 2017

My Little Pony The Movie Panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2017

IDW Hasbro Revolutionaries Panel featuring Transformers, GI Joe, MASK, Visionaries and more

Hasbro's Transformers Brand Panel featuring Power of the Primes and the Last Knight

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 am

Vector Prime would have been nice to have at some point again - but I don't feel he needed to be a Combiner or a Triplechanger - the images they show are VERY different to the Cybertron Vector Prime (who is supposed to be the same guy) so perhaps the best thing to do is stick with him - he's still a terrific toy in any of the colours or versions.

One thing that I noticed which is slightly having me scratch my head is the colours they chose for the sparks ( visible on the Optimus Primal Poster seen at SDCC) it seems like they didn't 100% match the colours with the shells you'd expect for example wouldn't it make sense to put Quintus Prime with Octopunch ? (or is that just me) - why is Leige Maximo Purple - wasn't her actually green originally ?.

For example there is a nice Purple one and it's not Alpha Trion.
Speaking of which how are they going to explain that he's in Titan's Returns as a full robot - kill him off Star Wars style ?

---

People are right to point out that you can't get much more obscure than the Japanese Headmasters or using a Battlebeast as a Titanmaster either.

But the clones are acceptable as they were in an actual cartoon episode and a Western one at that.

-----

As for what might have been nice to have in TR wave 6 - how about a Punch/Counterpunch that came with 2 heads.

I'm a little frustrated they didn't engineer Grotusque or Fangry for the last wave though or cram a full body Nightbeat or a Deluxe Cyclonus in there.

I hope they have realised the usefulness and sales potential of a Combiner Wars compatible Sweep though. as well as the sales potential of Hasbro Asia style boxed sets.
RAR
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2019 Racecar"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2022"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON