This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #180 "SDCC 2017"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #180 "SDCC 2017"

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! Join host Scotty 'Winter is Coming' P as he hangs out with Twincast iron throne claimers Counterpunch 'When people ask you what happened here, tell them the fans remember. Tell them winter came for House Hasbro.'' & Tigertrack 'No need to seize the last word Lord Counterpunch, I’ll assume it was something clever.' Joining us as well is news mod from the North, william-james88 'It’s my luck I ended up with a bunch of fire worshippers.' And live from the airport terminal, the current Iron Throne King, Seibertron, shares his experience at this weekend's extravaganza. Listen in as we discuss the reveals from SDCC related to toys, comics, and the future of Transformers.

Episode #180 "SDCC 2017" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

This was it, a huge weekend for Transformers fans to finally get some new information about the brand. It's been a long time coming. What particularly tickled our fancy from the preview, breakfast, and panel? Listen in to find out as we discuss...and be sure to check out the Seibertron.com SDCC 2017 Events galleries to see even more awesome photos from the event!

Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime and the new 'evolution gimmick'. Is he the flame-decoed space winnebago of our dreams?

The first legit voyager Starscream! Is this figure truly more than meets the eye-- of course it is-- but the podcast discusses just how it might be better than you think.

Next up was the somewhat underwhelming deluxe class reveals: Jazz, Dreadwing and Blackwing.

The return of Pretenders, a perfect peaceful minibot, and the Power of the Primes 'theme' falls into our optical field next... What happened to the rest of our headmasters and targetmasters? Why is Sluglsinger the last new figure in Titans Return (wave 6)? What's going on with the Titans Return Arcee and Titanmaster Ultra Magnus? What? What. What!

We take a few minutes to chew over the con exclusives, GI JOE, and what might be in store for us at HASCON. Has Hasbro started a Revolution?

Our SDCC quest goes into its final evolution as we take the last bit of the podcast or so to discuss IDW at SDCC, Transformers fiction, and the massive reveal of... another entire book starring Thundercracker (playing Starscream). We all hope that Josh-boyfriend and Buster are prominent characters as well. There was some announcement about something called a 'UNICRON' so we talk about what that could be, and finish with a little TF VS. ROM #1 and a lot of Optimus Prime #9 gushing. I'm hoping for a Jon Snow moment for our beloved issue's hero, but am afraid the ending will stay more Ned Stark...This issue was a can't miss.

You did it! You made it to the end, and probably saw the second episode of the new season of Game of Thrones while I was focused on doing this news write-up. Please do not share any spoilers!

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #180 "SDCC 2017"

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:13 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Drinking game for this episode (sub coffee for alcohol if desired): take a drink every time one of the leaks yesterday debunks some PotP speculation.

Please do not actually do this. You may die.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Va'al » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ScottyP wrote:Drinking game for this episode (sub coffee for alcohol if desired): take a drink every time one of the leaks yesterday debunks some PotP speculation.

Please do not actually do this. You may die.

What leaks.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
So adding to the discussion about the Power of the Primes story or lack there of.
It would have been really easy to say that someone went around and collected the sparks of all the Primes, or parts of their sparks and put them into the Prime Masters. The Prime Masters can use the unique powers of each Prime when they combine with other Transformers. Thus acting as power ups for Transformers.

It also become really cool when you think how Overlord can wield the power of two Primes at once or how the Prime Masters can take over the Transtectors of the Titan Masters by replacing the Titan Masters as heads.

I'm really looking forward to this line.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:So adding to the discussion about the Power of the Primes story or lack there of.
It would have been really easy to say that someone went around and collected the sparks of all the Primes, or parts of their sparks and put them into the Prime Masters. The Prime Masters can use the unique powers of each Prime when they combine with other Transformers. Thus acting as power ups for Transformers.

It also become really cool when you think how Overlord can wield the power of two Primes at once or how the Prime Masters can take over the Transtectors of the Titan Masters by replacing the Titan Masters as heads.

I'm really looking forward to this line.

And perhaps an evil power can turn one evil, like maybe Rodimus Prime will use the evil prime powers and become like the purple, black, and grey masterpiece version of himself. Gotta use some imagination, but maybe someone could make a repaint of that? ;)
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm calling it now, Arcee and Leinad, as well as that Ultra Magnus Titan Master, will be part of the Has Con exclusives.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:39 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm calling it now, Arcee and Leinad, as well as that Ultra Magnus Titan Master, will be part of the Has Con exclusives.
That's indeed the rumor going around. Assuming HTS doesn't implode, that probably makes it a little easier than having to stalk Walgreens, etc.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
GoT Tease - you son of a...
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:17 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm calling it now, Arcee and Leinad, as well as that Ultra Magnus Titan Master, will be part of the Has Con exclusives.
That's indeed the rumor going around. Assuming HTS doesn't implode, that probably makes it a little easier than having to stalk Walgreens, etc.

I WAS RIGHT! Who wants to touch me?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby megatronus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

I WAS RIGHT! Who wants to touch me?

Not even a little bit...
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby molleking » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

The new guy (William?) is a good addition. I hope he makes more podcast appearances.
molleking
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Leader Class Volvo VNR Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON