This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Authentics Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Thread

Postby Overcracker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Is it just me or do these seem to be in the same vein as the Cyber Batallion Series. Large hollow things, with simple transformations and lower price tags.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ine/37615/

Grimlock looks like he could be voyager sized, but quite hollow and simplified.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Overcracker wrote:Is it just me or do these seem to be in the same vein as the Cyber Batallion Series. Large hollow things, with simple transformations and lower price tags.

Only problem with that is that I have never ever seen a carded voyager toy. I am pretty sure this will basically be the same as the simpler RID figures like Twinferno, Stormshot and Optimus Prime instead this time it will be all G1 with no new or modern characters.

Looking forward to seeing that Megatron and Starscream though.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Overcracker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Is it just me or do these seem to be in the same vein as the Cyber Batallion Series. Large hollow things, with simple transformations and lower price tags.

Only problem with that is that I have never ever seen a carded voyager toy. I am pretty sure this will basically be the same as the simpler RID figures like Twinferno, Stormshot and Optimus Prime instead this time it will be all G1 with no new or modern characters.

Looking forward to seeing that Megatron and Starscream though.

That's true, can;t recall ever seeing a Voyager on a card, but there's always a first time for everything no? 8-} :DANCE:

Megs looks like he could be a decent toy.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I don't think these are Cyberverse designs, guys.

While it's entirely possible that Cyberverse may take some inspiration from these designs, Emiliano Santalucia has confirmed himself to be the one responsible for creating these designs, and which we refers to as his "Transformers evergreen" designs.

https://www.facebook.com/emiliano.santalucia.artist/posts/1662229523789691

https://www.facebook.com/emiliano.santalucia.artist/posts/1695254980487145

https://www.facebook.com/emiliano.santalucia.artist/posts/1714936498518993

https://www.facebook.com/emiliano.santalucia.artist/posts/1718585278154115

Now, this isn't to say that "Evergreen" is the name of a series, but rather, it appears that Santalucia is using it in the sense of these designs simply representing the characters in a basic, broad strokes format, as though they're designs meant to be used for ancillary merchandise and such.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Now, this isn't to say that "Evergreen" is the name of a series, but rather, it appears that Santalucia is using it in the sense of these designs simply representing the characters in a basic, broad strokes format, as though they're designs meant to be used for ancillary merchandise and such.

Sure, but then we get that Grimlock who is not ancillary merchandise. He is a full on deluxe in a new line. What line would that be?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:36 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now, this isn't to say that "Evergreen" is the name of a series, but rather, it appears that Santalucia is using it in the sense of these designs simply representing the characters in a basic, broad strokes format, as though they're designs meant to be used for ancillary merchandise and such.

Sure, but then we get that Grimlock who is not ancillary merchandise. He is a full on deluxe in a new line. What line would that be?
How do you know for certain that it's a Deluxe?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The card back and the fist holes. Cant be anything else than that size (though it may be called a different class).

We already know the evergreen designs are used for 4.5 inch toys but only for Megatron, Optimus, Starscream and BB. So this grimlock cannot be in that smaller size.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The card back and the fist holes. Cant be anything else than that size (though it may be called a different class).

We already know the evergreen designs are used for 4.5 inch toys but only for Megatron, Optimus, Starscream and BB. So this grimlock cannot be in that smaller size.
Reasonable. Though, for all we know, the Grimlock toy itself might be for another generically-named "Transformers" line of simple dollar store toys, as its only a 7-step figure with bare minimum paint apps and seems rather limited in articulation.

A main line Deluxe, even the least impressive Warriors of the RID line, don't look quite as phoned in as that Grimlock does.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Reasonable. Though, for all we know, the Grimlock toy itself might be for another generically-named "Transformers" line of simple dollar store toys, as its only a 7-step figure with bare minimum paint apps and seemingly limited in articulation.

That is 100% possible. All I meant was that its a deluxe sized toy not POTP and inspired by the new G1 designs we see popping up, anything else is pure speculation. And in any case, all we will need to do then is change the title of this thread but the dicsusson will all remain based on this same new line.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Edited my previous post.

And, to put it forward, it seems a bit presumptuous to label these designs as part of the new Cyberverse series at this time (as per the current title of this thread).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Edited my previous post.

And, to put it forward, it seems a bit presumptuous to label these designs as part of the new Cyberverse series at this time (as per the current title of this thread).

I changed it to Evergreen for now since thats what the leaks and the designer is calling the designs. We will change it again with the official name from hascon.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:17 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Edited my previous post.

I changed it to Evergreen for now since thats what the leaks and the designer is calling the designs. We will change it again with the official name from hascon.
;)^ :APPLAUSE:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: Transformers Evergreen Toyline Thread

Postby Kurona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:18 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz0G0F-QfA

So yeah, this is weird. Evergreen...?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:48 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
So.....these are Cyberverse figs.... Hmm... would've preferred bigger class size figs & what's up with Grimlock's tail? has it been cut off or something?
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:35 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Kurona wrote:

So yeah, this is weird. Evergreen...?

Y U NO USE YOUTUBE BRACKETS?

I didn't wanted to click on that link just to see what the video was all about, so okay then.
At least, it's not that Evergreen College madness.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:So.....these are Cyberverse figs.... Hmm... would've preferred bigger class size figs & what's up with Grimlock's tail? has it been cut off or something?

The title is misleading and possibly innacurate.

We think the line is called Cyberverse, and we may be wrong about that, but they actually arent all small figures. That grimlock is delue scaled. This megatron in the image below however is more like legends scaled:

And they are both using designs called "Evergreen". That was the name used in the leaked slides that first showed the smaller megatron in the image above, along with Optimus, Bee and Starscream. It was said that only those 4 would be a smaller class, so Grimlock must be a bigger class.

Kurona, I hope that answers your question.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:25 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:So.....these are Cyberverse figs.... Hmm... would've preferred bigger class size figs & what's up with Grimlock's tail? has it been cut off or something?

The title is misleading and possibly innacurate.

We think the line is called Cyberverse, and we may be wrong about that, but they actually arent all small figures. That grimlock is delue scaled. This megatron in the image below however is more like legends scaled:

And they are both using designs called "Evergreen". That was the name used in the leaked slides that first showed the smaller megatron in the image above, along with Optimus, Bee and Starscream. It was said that only those 4 would be a smaller class, so Grimlock must be a bigger class.

Eh? you sure you've got the right picture? coz all I see is G1 Predaking + some small white fig(dunno if that's supposed to be Megs or not :-? but certainly no sign of Bee & Prime in that pic)
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Va'al » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:And they are both using designs called "Evergreen". That was the name used in the leaked slides that first showed the smaller megatron in the image above, along with Optimus, Bee and Starscream. It was said that only those 4 would be a smaller class, so Grimlock must be a bigger class.

Eh? you sure you've got the right picture? coz all I see is G1 Predaking + some small white fig(dunno if that's supposed to be Megs or not :-? but certainly no sign of Bee & Prime in that pic)

Small figure is indeed Megatron. As Will says:

the smaller megatron in the image above

Optimus and Bee were present in the slides that we briefly saw for a couple of days. As Will says:

the leaked slides that first showed the smaller megatron [...], along with Optimus, Bee and Starscream.

Optimus and Bee are not in the picture. They were in the slides, alongside Megatron.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Ah right, thanks ;)^

BTW this Starscream...by any chance :-?
FB_IMG_1504467255260.jpg
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Jetfire & Megatron
Attachments
FB_IMG_1504470395657.jpg
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Wrong thread, Stu.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Sigma Magnus wrote:Wrong thread, Stu.

Aye, sorry, I've just posted it in the right one, btw is that Starscream in the wrong thread too?
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Stuartmaximus wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:Wrong thread, Stu.

Aye, sorry, I've just posted it in the right one, btw is that Starscream in the wrong thread too?

Yupyup.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Yeah there seems to be some confusing posts crossing over between the Evergreen & Cyber line threads
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Sigma Magnus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:Yeah there seems to be some confusing posts crossing over between the Evergreen & Cyber line threads

Seems like it...it's fine though. Stuff happens. ;)^
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON