This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Toys R Us Troubles Thread

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: The ToysRUs Troubles Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:45 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
MrBlack wrote:The "side-by-side format" seems to be referring to stores with Toys R Us and Babies R Us under the same roof, correct?

Yes. I had not realized the distinction since, as the case states, every TRU in Canada is side-by-side, so thats all I have known ever sicne BabiesRUs existed in my country.

That means the plan is more like an expansion of TRU Canada into the US. Pretty nuts that we have 2 countries side by side and the plan for one is to call it quits, while the plan for the other is to expand.

EDIT:

Wait a sec...

"sell the Debtors’ equity interest in the Canadian operations"

AHA! This confirms what we were thinking all along, Canada is run 100% independently of the US, it's just that the US has ownership (plus, that wording doesnt even like like a 100% owneship). Like Proctor and Gamble and all the brands they own which can be sold to other bidders if the price is right (like they did with Sunny Delight).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby galvatron00 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
MrBlack wrote:The "side-by-side format" seems to be referring to stores with Toys R Us and Babies R Us under the same roof, correct?

Yes. I had not realized the distinction since, as the case states, every TRU in Canada is side-by-side, so thats all I have known ever sicne BabiesRUs existed in my country.

That means the plan is more like an expansion of TRU Canada into the US. Pretty nuts that we have 2 countries side by side and the plan for one is to call it quits, while the plan for the other is to expand.
Two countries side by side uniting with the side by side store format. Seems legit. :lol:

In other news, I'm super sad. Reading some of the responses to this thread earlier today hit me in the feels while I was walking the dog this morning. The dang catchy jingle. Getting the catalog (STILL!!) at Christmas time. All the memories over all of the years. I don't go to Toys R Us as much as I used to (once a month), but I still prefer going there to buy toys than going to Target or Walmart. I always see something there I didn't know was out from at least one toy line. They have the place to put those things that you don't see everywhere else. I'd lose my mind if TRU U.S. was stocked as well as TRU Canada. I think most other people would too. Dang it TRU and debt. Let this be a lesson to kids, don't accumulate debt. :lol:
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby o.supreme » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Well hopefully now the ghost that haunts the Sunnyvale CA TRU can rest. ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Come on now we all know TRU doesnt look like that, stop playing with photoshop. But joking aside I stopped in a TRU today and was told that liquidation starts in a week or so, theres no exact date yet just an estimated time frame. Also the employees are more pissed then us so if you do go to a TRU be nice.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby MrBlack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
william-james88 wrote:

EDIT:

Wait a sec...

"sell the Debtors’ equity interest in the Canadian operations"

AHA! This confirms what we were thinking all along, Canada is run 100% independently of the US, it's just that the US has ownership (plus, that wording doesnt even like like a 100% owneship). Like Proctor and Gamble and all the brands they own which can be sold to other bidders if the price is right (like they did with Sunny Delight).

Interesting.

I hope this works out, not only because it would spectacularly bad for the toy industry for TRU to go under completely, but also because there's a good likelihood that at least one TRU around me would stay open (and likely have better stock than any individual store does now).
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Toys R Us Trying to Sell Canadian and US Operations While Simultaneously Starting Liquidation

Postby tmthor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:37 pm

william-james88 wrote:If anyone ever wanted all the details on the Toysrus bakrutcy court hearing, well today is your lucky day since WFMJ.com got their hands on the 124-page filing in U.S. Bankruptcy court. It states the reasons as to why Toysrus has to start liquidating its stores right away, which incudes "2017 U.S. holiday sales [that] came in well below worst case projections". The sales were 250 Million less than projected.

Employees have been given a 60 day notice to employment termination, which means that they will at least be paid for 60 more days (regardless of whether or not the stores will remain open for 2 more months).

It is unsure if gift cards will be honoured since it is not part of the instructions but it is being urged by state governors.

What is part of instructions though, is the description of a deal Toys R Us is currently in the middle of. While a liquidation must happen, it is simultaneously working on a deal to sell 200 US stores along with their entire Canadian operations (which is a very hot commodity right now) to a some interested parties.

While the US operations are unatractive to investors, the lack of competition in Canada and overal better managed stores, have made those stores very profitable (to the point of having a surplus which went towards repaying debt owed by the US operations) and that has attracted several investors. So Toys R Us might survive afterall, but it would be a smaller company and a predominantly Canadian one. We have included the most important part of the 124 page document below, which illustrates this plan, but you can read the entire file here.

In the face of these extraordinary circumstances, further waivers of covenant
defaults are unobtainable. The B-4 lenders—the primary economic stakeholders with respect to
the U.S. collateral—have determined that the best way to maximize their recoveries is to liquidate
the existing inventory in all of the Debtors’ 735 remaining U.S. stores and begin an orderly
wind-down of the U.S. operations. To be clear, the Debtors are not precluding the prospect of any
going concern option for U.S. stores.

In fact, the Debtors have developed a potentially
value-maximizing transaction that would combine up to 200 of the top-performing U.S. stores
(primarily those operating under the side-by-side format similar to the stores operating in Canada) with a going-concern transaction for their Canadian operations. The Debtors are currently
engaged with certain interested parties, including the B-4 Lenders, regarding this transaction and
are hopeful that such a transaction can develop as part of the sale of their Canadian
operations

But because time is of the essence to mitigate losses and maximize recoveries to U.S.
stakeholders, the Debtors regrettably must move forward with implementing a wind-down while
simultaneously pursuing a going-concern transaction tied to Canadian operations.
Accordingly, by this Motion, the Debtors are taking the prudent and responsible
step of seeking authority to begin an immediate and orderly liquidation of their U.S. business and
to sell the Debtors’ equity interest in the Canadian operations.

In short, there is too much of an interest by investors to close Toys R Us Canada, which will instead be sold. What is unknown now is if the buyer will only buy the Canadian operations or also buy 200 US stores as part of the bundle. If that works out, and Canadian practices are applied to those 200 US stores, what you see below may be found in the US as well one day.

My TRU does look like that and I am in the USA
tmthor
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Re: Toys R Us Trying to Sell Canadian and US Operations While Simultaneously Starting Liquidation

Postby o.supreme » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

tmthor wrote:My TRU does look like that and I am in the USA

Nobody's
TRU in the USA looks like that. That is WJ point. The ratio of TRU's in the US to Canada is about 8-to-1, and its population about 9 to 1. If in the midst of all the closures, by some miracle, even a fraction of the TRU stores in the U.S. somehow are saved, we could be looking at a much better selection, even if we have to go a little distance to look at them.

Also just for Grins and contrast, from a chain NOT closing, here was a walmart near me a couple of days ago. this is a bigger store near the center of Sacramento, where I've had good finds in the last year such as TR Overlord and most recently PotP Elita-1, now look at it...ughh...
Attachments
tt.jpg
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
This is what my TRU looked like last time I was there. Aside from Dreadwind I didn't see anything worth purchasing. It looks stocked but its all the junk no one buys. It was really sad :(

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Cyber Bishop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
That_Guy wrote:for some folks, it's about also holding it in your hands while purchasing it. While at the same time, not 100%, I don't trust shipping.

This ;)^
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
All Canadians subscribed to TrU's newsletter got this:

http://email.toysrus.ca/H/v2000001622b1 ... 20b56deac7

March 15, 2018

To our valued Canadian customers,

Toys “R” Us, Inc. announced the difficult decision to seek court approval in its Chapter 11 proceedings to wind-down its business operations in the United States. Our team members in Canada are very saddened to hear of this outcome and we are all keeping our U.S. colleagues in our thoughts during this very difficult time.

In Canada, all 82 stores remain open for business to serve you, our customers, honouring all our policies, warranties, Baby Registry, Gift Cards and RClub loyalty programs without change. We are taking the necessary steps to ensure the iconic Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us brands live on for many generations to come in Canada.

Our team continues to work hard at strengthening our competitive position and making the improvements necessary to ensure that we have the products when, where and how you choose to shop with us. Our Canadian operations are continuing in the normal course and we continue to partner with the trend products you want from the brands that you trust.

For the past 34 years, we have proudly served Canada as the trend authority in toy and baby and we remain the champions of play and trusted advisors helping people become parents.

Thank you for choosing to say “yes” to shop and support Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada! We are proud to continue to welcome you in Canada coast to coast in store and online at www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca for all of your toy and baby needs.

Melanie Teed-Murch, President
Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada

For now, Canada is safe...
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby tmthor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:09 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:All Canadians subscribed to TrU's newsletter got this:

http://email.toysrus.ca/H/v2000001622b1 ... 20b56deac7

March 15, 2018

Toys “R” Us, Inc. announced the difficult decision to seek court approval in its Chapter 11 proceedings to wind-down its business operations in the United States. Our team members in Canada are very saddened to hear of this outcome and we are all keeping our U.S. colleagues in our thoughts during this very difficult time.

In Canada, all 82 stores remain open for business to serve you, our customers, honouring all our policies, warranties, Baby Registry, Gift Cards and RClub loyalty programs without change. We are taking the necessary steps to ensure the iconic Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us brands live on for many generations to come in Canada.

Our team continues to work hard at strengthening our competitive position and making the improvements necessary to ensure that we have the products when, where and how you choose to shop with us. Our Canadian operations are continuing in the normal course and we continue to partner with the trend products you want from the brands that you trust.

For the past 34 years, we have proudly served Canada as the trend authority in toy and baby and we remain the champions of play and trusted advisors helping people become parents.

Thank you for choosing to say “yes” to shop and support Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada! We are proud to continue to welcome you in Canada coast to coast in store and online at http://www.toysrus.ca and http://www.babiesrus.ca for all of your toy and baby needs.

For now, Canada is safe...

On the radio the bussiness guy said (he could be wrong) that the Canadian stores would have to absorb a percentage of the debt or "close down" and operate as a new branded company or purchase the name toys r us and a percentage of the debit he said no deals have been made yet and the debit issue would make them unattractive to investors. Also he said the story about the stores in the US is false...in a way as once the stores are sold to the liquidation companies the stores and all stock belong to them hence a buyer would have to act fast before the court puts it up to auction to said liquidators

Again he could be wrong but he was trying to explain what the legal mumbo jumbo meant. Also he said Bain and the rest would lose nothing in this deal.
tmthor
Micromaster

Postby lakebot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Very depressing. TRU has came in clutch on more than one occasion for me (its literally the only place that’s even bothered to stock the last three Titan-class figures on the shelves where I’m at). Got quite a few memories from TRU.

I keep seeing this claim about the titans and while its true that they put them in their stores, I dont see how that helps anyone.
Would americans pay 150$ if they see it in a store right now, rather than instead purchasing it for way less at walmart.com https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... n/55589165

Or amazon https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... zon/40584/

Those are on sale now but we’re they when it was originally released? Secondly, with things like that, I’m not fond of the waiting for something to go on sale because that can burn you. As for preference regarding buying online or in store, I’d go the store route. I’m not saying that to be the bug in the soup either. I really don’t like having packages delivered. We really have people who swipe them. You are really gambling with that. And after having things arrive damaged, it just seems too much of a chance. If it’s small or inexpensive I could see me chancing it. Gonna have to for Predaking.
lakebot
Micromaster

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The most important thing to remember is that 33,000 Americans are going to be out of work to start. Who knows how this trickles down to toy companies and other vendors.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Acesmcgee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Had a discussion with my 17 year old son about this topic actually. As stated above, the thing that he was actually mad at is that due to poor management and whatever else occurred to Toys R Us, so many people will be losing their jobs. It is terrible all about and a little odd, it's like losing that eccentric friend that you love, and no, the staffing at the TRU by me was never great, but the staff was. I never felt like I was annoying them, or that I was burdening them by shopping their. The one by me generally hired older folks and it was great, because they all treated my kids so nicely too. They laughed at the kids having fun and screeching at some toy or the other and were happy to help parents search for something for their kids.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I haven't seen this posted yet, looks like TRU Canada got at least one bid this week. But is it a good idea for a toy company to own a major toy retailer?

Bid Submitted for Toys R Us Canada

The company is California's privately owned MGA (Bratz, Little Tikes) who's CEO and founder is a certified billionaire.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Chibi Starscream » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 am

Motto: ""You and what army, you maxi turkey?!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So here's to hoping we keep 200 TRU stores in the US.....
Chibi Starscream
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Small Toy Fighter Jet
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Toys R Us Closure Official Press Release, MGA Entertainment Bids on TRU Canada

Postby Va'al » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Bringing us up to speed on the latest of the Toys'R'Us troubles, we now have both an official press release from the company, and an email sent to Canadian users of the country's chain of stores, both commenting on two sides of the issue that has been developing rapidly this past couple of weeks.

The press release, in fact, confirms with further detail what we reported in a previous article, about the international repercussions of the closure of all US stores, while also adding that a transition period of 60 days has been set up to develop a strategy that would allow to minimise that impact.

This also seems to be proven by the email shared by Canadian Seibertronian Kanrabat, in which the company confirms plans to maintain all stores open for as long as possible in the future. There are also some additional comments at this time about an alternative solution circulating, with regards to toy company MGA Entertainment directly acquiring the Canadian branches:

A California-based toy company says it is bidding for the Canadian operations of Toys “R” Us Inc., the U.S. industry giant that entered court protection from creditors last September. MGA Entertainment Inc. confirmed in an email Tuesday it has submitted a bid for the Canadian stores.

“Toys “R” Us Canada is a good business,” said MGA CEO Isaac Larian in a brief emailed statement. “They run it efficiently, and have good leadership. At the right price, it makes economical sense.”

The company, which owns brands such as L.O.L. Surprise!, Little Tikes and Num Noms, refused in a followup email to give further detail about how much it is bidding or whether it wants to buy the entire chain or parts of it.

A final note about these events, as rightly raised by another Seibertronian member chuckdawg1999: the closure and liquidation means that 33000 workers are losing their job in the US alone. And while the feelings towards the childhood company and memories are at everyone's mind's forefront right now, please also consider the employees who will be working their final shifts right now.

Press release:

WAYNE, N.J., March 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Toys"R"Us, Inc. today announced that it has filed a motion seeking Bankruptcy Court approval to begin the process of conducting an orderly wind-down of its U.S. business and liquidation of inventory in all 735 of the Company's U.S. stores, including stores in Puerto Rico. Toys"R"Us will provide more details about the plans for the liquidation of its U.S. stores and going out of business sales in the near term.

Toys"R"Us also announced that it is pursuing a going concern reorganization and a sale process for its Canadian and international operations in Asia and Central Europe, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The Company's international operations in Australia, France, Poland, Portugal and Spain are considering their options in light of this announcement, including potential sale processes in their respective markets. The Company's stores in all these international markets are currently open and serving customers.

In connection with the sale process, the motion the Company filed with the Bankruptcy Court included bidding procedures for the Canadian operations. The Company also disclosed that it is engaged in discussions with certain interested parties for a transaction that could combine up to 200 of the top performing U.S. stores with its Canadian operations. While discussions continue on this potential transaction, Toys"R"Us is seeking court approval to implement the liquidation of inventory in all the U.S. stores, subject to a right to recall any stores included in the proposed Canadian transaction.

The previously announced administration of the UK business continues.

Dave Brandon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "I am very disappointed with the result, but we no longer have the financial support to continue the Company's U.S. operations. We are therefore implementing an orderly process to shutter our U.S. operations and will pursue going concern sales or reorganizations of certain of our international businesses, while our other international businesses consider their options."

Brandon continued, "There are many people and organizations who have remained in our corner every step along the way. I want to thank our extraordinary team members who helped build Toys"R"Us into a global brand. I also want to express my appreciation for my colleagues on our board who have continued to provide support to sustain the brand and our operations throughout the restructuring process. I would also like to thank our vendors who we owe a great deal of gratitude to for their decades of support. This is a profoundly sad day for us as well as the millions of kids and families who we have served for the past 70 years."

The Company and its advisors are working to minimize the impact of the U.S. liquidation on the Canadian and other international markets. As part of these efforts, the Company is implementing a transition services arrangement for the next 60 days and is developing plans for a potential shared service function to support the international operations going forward.

Additional information regarding the Company's restructuring process can be obtained by calling the Company's Information Hotline, toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at (844) 794-3476, or sending an email to toysrusinfo@PrimeClerk.com. Court filings and other documents related to the court-supervised process in the U.S. are available on a separate website administered by the Company's claims agent, Prime Clerk, at https://cases.primeclerk.com/toysrus.

Kirkland & Ellis LLP is serving as principal legal counsel to Toys"R"Us, Alvarez & Marsal is serving as restructuring advisor and Lazard is serving as financial advisor.

TRU Canada email:

March 15, 2018

Thank you for choosing to say “yes” to shop and support Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us Canada! We are proud to continue to welcome you in Canada coast to coast in store and online at http://www.toysrus.ca and http://www.babiesrus.ca for all of your toy and baby needs.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 am

Toys R Us is the closest I've come to getting a job since I became unemployed 3yrs ago. I guess I should be glad I didn't get the job...
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby X3ROhour » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:i was there when it opened
ill b there the day it goes.

You are 70?? :D

no
i was there when my store opened
n 1984.

i met and shook hands with Optimus
&
Grimlock gave e a hug.

they had a mini parade of costumed hero toys ad dolls.

:-(
my heart hurts.
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby o.supreme » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:31 am

lakebot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Very depressing. TRU has came in clutch on more than one occasion for me (its literally the only place that’s even bothered to stock the last three Titan-class figures on the shelves where I’m at). Got quite a few memories from TRU.

I keep seeing this claim about the titans and while its true that they put them in their stores, I dont see how that helps anyone.
Would americans pay 150$ if they see it in a store right now, rather than instead purchasing it for way less at walmart.com https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... n/55589165

Those are on sale now but we’re they when it was originally released? Secondly, with things like that, I’m not fond of the waiting for something to go on sale because that can burn you. As for preference regarding buying online or in store, I’d go the store route. I’m not saying that to be the bug in the soup either. I really don’t like having packages delivered. We really have people who swipe them. You are really gambling with that. And after having things arrive damaged, it just seems too much of a chance. If it’s small or inexpensive I could see me chancing it. Gonna have to for Predaking.

Same here. I jumped on Fort Max & Trypticon the first time I saw them, and paid the full $150.00 for both. Sure seeing them on sale online for as much as 50% off at times makes me wish I had waited, but hindsight...and all that. There is no guarantee items like this will go on sale, or be seen again. Heck, as it was with Trypticon, it was just a fortunate event I happened to look behind the customer service counter, I only ONCE saw a Trypticon on the shelf at any TRU in my area. There was a chance sighting at Frys about a month ago they had one for $110...but there's no way I could have predicted that. I'm determined to never again let the "Metroplex incident" (i.e. me not finding one)...ever happen again, especially now that 5 years later :TAKARATOMY: is selling the reissue at nearly 3X original price.

Now with TRU closing in the US I wonder how the heck I'm going to get PotP Predaking, hopefully HTS will have it for more than a few hours whenever it comes out.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am

o.supreme wrote:
lakebot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Same here. I jumped on Fort Max & Trypticon the first time I saw them, and paid the full $150.00 for both. Sure seeing them on sale online for as much as 50% off at times makes me wish I had waited, but hindsight...and all that. There is no guarantee items like this will go on sale, or be seen again. Heck, as it was with Trypticon, it was just a fortunate event I happened to look behind the customer service counter, I only ONCE saw a Trypticon on the shelf at any TRU in my area. There was a chance sighting at Frys about a month ago they had one for $110...but there's no way I could have predicted that. I'm determined to never again let the "Metroplex incident" (i.e. me not finding one)...ever happen again, especially now that 5 years later :TAKARATOMY: is selling the reissue at nearly 3X original price.

Now with TRU closing in the US I wonder how the heck I'm going to get PotP Predaking, hopefully HTS will have it for more than a few hours whenever it comes out.

We are straying very far from what the initial point was. It had nothing to do with seeing the item when it came out. It was about seeing a toy stocked on a shelf right now rather than seeing it at many other places at much better prices.

Because people who wanted trypticon when it came out bought it full price everywhere they could find it, both online and i stores. Where it was located was not relevant to the discussion, they just wanted the toy right away.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:55 am

^If day 1 a Titan Class figure was at Walmart, at a less expensive price than TRU, that is a no brainer, of course I'd take it. But as we've discussed previously, up until now, Walmart and Target are unwilling to devote shelf spice to big ticket items such as this. Whether or not TRU closing will change that remains to be seen.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 am

o.supreme wrote:^If day 1 a Titan Class figure was at Walmart, at a less expensive price than TRU, that is a no brainer, of course I'd take it. But as we've discussed previously, up until now, Walmart and Target are unwilling to devote shelf spice to big ticket items such as this. Whether or not TRU closing will change that remains to be seen.

It wont change anything. Any fan who wants their titans will get it one way or another, and it will surely be online now. Many got it from BBTS last time when it came out.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rated X » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I do remember a lavish grand opening in like 1985 when they set up shop in miami. They had the dukes of hazzard as special guests. But other than that I cant remember TRU doing anything that made me lavish the "expierence" or want to be a toys-r-us kid. As I got older I always noticed in almost every miami store they engaged in the practice of turning the entrance into a mini maze forcing you to walk through two aisles of baby crap and beach toys instead of allowing you to make a bee line for the main area to seek out what you came for. So f**king annoying. And then came the wonderful TRU rewards card that bombards your e-mail with coupons for baby crap I dont want to buy like playskool stuff. Maybe twice a year you would get a $5 or $10 off coupon that you could actually use for something you chose. Then theres "babies-r-us" which really deserves to die. Do you really need to go to a specialty store to buy diapers or a damn stroller? Cmon now, that store gotta be losing money cause of walmart too why didnt they close that s**t and consolidate it with the main store? And how the f**k they gonna set up shop in Australia and expect to make any money? Look at the crazy prices they charge out there when that island is probally the closest to the Asian mainland where the toys get made! Go figure...I admit Ive gotten some cool exclusives there. But transformers are a hot sales item currently and hasbro isnt the one going bankrupt. Reality check...I dont go there for an "expierence". I go there to buy toys. If I could get the same toy at the corner store at the same price why would I waste my time going to TRU? Obviously im a little biased because I dont have kids. But as a kid, I grew up with TRU and was perfectly content making a bee line for the transformers aisle, picking my toy, and getting the hell out of there so I could open it. I had zero intrest in exploring aisles of toy cars and super hero figures that I didnt care about. But thats was just me. TRU should have changed with the times and came up with a better strategy to stay afloat. There toys will just go somewhere else. One day youll probally be able to have a drone deliver toys to your backyard lol. So I wont be pouring out any liquor over here....it is what it is.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 am

From the time I was born there was a TRU open near me in the Bay Area. My earliest memory probably was in 1980, Chuck-E-Cheese opened in the same parking lot, and when I was in Kindergarten we took a field trip there, and my mom took me to TRU afterwards. When I moved to Sacramento as a teenager, there was already one close by. The other in Roseville opened around 1998, and a friend of mine went to work there for about a year. They had this "concept 2000" idea where toys were displayed in *clusters* (basically 6 foot sections in a cross pattern)rather than long aisles. It was a little confusing at first, but did make the store seem more open, then of course they went back to the aisles sometime around 2005, when things started to go downhill.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC213 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #2 1:25 Facsimile Marvel Comics NOV230744 MSH"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var FOIL Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230682 (CA) Cockrum"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0324DC131 1A Perez"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed GOLD FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #101 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics MAY230703  (CA) Cockrum (W)Claremont"
X-MEN #101 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #122 Facsimile Edition Marvel Comics 2023 ptg APR230704"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #3 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 DEC230720"
NEW!
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 54C (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220640 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics SEP230775 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON