This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Toys R Us Troubles Thread

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: The Toys R Us Troubles Thread

Postby zipper » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:23 pm

My TRU store abruptly today. I was there last night and there were some empty shelves but still lots of merchandise (including Cybertron). I only picked up a couple things and planned on going tomorrow to get a couple more but I just found out it's permanently closed today. I would have bought a lot more had I known they were closing today. I'm bummed.
zipper
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:I'll bid a Box of Costco sized tissues for all you Americans to wipe your tears away because Canada is going to keep having TRU.

I'll add this.

:lol: I was making terrible jokes at the expense of all my american compatriots today with my wife when I strolled into a fully stocked TRU in Canada that was alive and well.

And picked these up for a friend:

Toys the US never got at retail from a store the US no longer has.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
You've got the touch Willie, you've got the power.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thought about taking the journey down to the one remaining TRU in the state next week while I'm on vacation, but it isn't showing up on the store locator. Either the locator is broken or they abruptly closed down all of the stores in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, the nearest one to me is in Massachusetts now.

I guess I can't be too surprised, they probably don't have any staff left working in them. I found a local article talking about how they've always had retention issues and have had a parade of other stores' recruiters coming in and leaving their business cards in the break room recently.

1352672_916842-20180322_ToysRUs_car-906x1024.jpg

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:18 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
:CON:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:I'll bid a Box of Costco sized tissues for all you Americans to wipe your tears away because Canada is going to keep having TRU.

I'll add this.

:lol: I was making terrible jokes at the expense of all my american compatriots today with my wife when I strolled into a fully stocked TRU in Canada that was alive and well.

And picked these up for a friend:

Toys the US never got at retail from a store the US no longer has.

Alive and well for the time being
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:11 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
If you still have a TRU giftcard you can use it at Bed Bath and Beyond.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/03/pf/bed- ... index.html
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:10 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
^ :lol: now kids can get that TF electric toothbrush, and bed sheet set they always wanted
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
I agree that it's a sad trade but it's better than nothing. Bed Bath and Beyond does have candy though.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Ransom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Hm, I knew about the trouble Toys 'R' Us was in, but I didn't stop to think about what this would mean for Transformer toys. I never bought TF toys from them because the TRU isn't very conveniently located from where I reside (both in distance and actually being able to find the entrance to their parking lot).
Ransom
Minibot
Watch Ransom on YouTube
Buy from Ransom on eBay
Strength: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 am

It seems, while there are no new shipments, the TRU's are redistributing product to stores that have higher customer sales. There are roughly 4 stores within a 20 mile radius of my home. I was a bit taken back when I went to the store nearest me a couple days ago and they appeared to have new product. The store clerk told me they were getting shipments of product from other stores closing down, and that "they would be the last to close" (now I assume that meant for our local area, not for the whole country...) . Still since most things I'm interested in were still only at 10% off, that's still higher than walmart or target, so I'm still waiting patiently for the sale amounts to increase enough to make it worth my while.

There were 2 stores in the bay Area, and one small outlet store in my area slated to close, even before the mass closing. It will be interesting to see indeed how long it takes for all the stores to close down. At this rate, I cant see it happening as soon as May, unless some deep discounts come pretty quickly. I guess I'm just comparing it to K-Mart. In my area it took several months foi rthe store to close. It died a slow death as the quantity of product grew to be less and less. I imagine the same for TRU, but I guess conceivably they could close before selling the majority of their product. I just have no idea where the unsold toys would go. Seems like a huge waste to send them back to their respective manufacturers, and I'm not sure if TRU would ship them directly to places like Marshalls, Ross or TJ Maxx.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Galactic Prime » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:15 pm

LOL you want to talk slow painful death you should have seen Target in Canada. It started the day they opened
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Galactic Prime wrote:LOL you want to talk slow painful death you should have seen Target in Canada. It started the day they opened

Man, I'm still bumbed about it. That was another place to hunt and they had the exclusives that I didn't had to import for once.

Sigh, too bad they were just "Walmart lite". Seriously, even Sears have gone under. The Bay need to double down on being high-class or their turn is next.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby o.supreme » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Not the closest TRU to me, but one about 10 miles out, on the other side of town. LOL...Yeah Windblade is definitely a "fan favorite"....
Attachments
qq.jpg

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
o.supreme wrote:Not the closest TRU to me, but one about 10 miles out, on the other side of town. LOL...Yeah Windblade is definitely a "fan favorite"....

That's not fair ... that's the BS "face shield" version. Notice the regular version (of which the one shown in your photo was a remold) has been nowhere to be found in quite a while.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm

o.supreme wrote:There were 2 stores in the bay Area, and one small outlet store in my area slated to close, even before the mass closing. It will be interesting to see indeed how long it takes for all the stores to close down. At this rate, I cant see it happening as soon as May, unless some deep discounts come pretty quickly. I guess I'm just comparing it to K-Mart. In my area it took several months foi rthe store to close. It died a slow death as the quantity of product grew to be less and less. I imagine the same for TRU, but I guess conceivably they could close before selling the majority of their product. I just have no idea where the unsold toys would go. Seems like a huge waste to send them back to their respective manufacturers, and I'm not sure if TRU would ship them directly to places like Marshalls, Ross or TJ Maxx.

I have a feeling it works like this ...

https://liquidations.walmart.com/?shipment_type=2

I accidentally discovered the wholesale liquidation aspect of Walmart's website a few months back. It's a gamble, but if you want leftover Walmart stock, here's how you really get it!
Seibertron
Site Owner

Toys R Us rejects bid from billionaire toy CEO Isaac Larian

Postby Seibertron » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 pm

For those of us hoping that Toys R Us still had a shot at salvation, those hopes might have been squelched yesterday evening. Various mainstream news agencies reported yesterday that Toys R Us rejected billionaire Isaac Larian's bid to "save" hundreds of Toys R Us stores in the United States and Canada. Larian is the CEO of the toy company MGA Entertainment, home of the popular and highly collectible L.O.L. Surprise Dolls as well as Bratz (competitor to Barbie) and Little Tikes. As of this writing, it is unknown why Toys R Us rejected his bid, perhaps because it was not enough or maybe because it's just time to move on.

Wall Street Journal wrote:Toys “R” Us Inc.’s lawyers and advisers have shot down an 11th-hour offer from a billionaire toy maker that would have kept some of its U.S. stores open, according to a person familiar with the matter.

According to USA Today, Mr Larian was quoted as saying "If this is true, it is very disappointing," Larian said. "It is our hope and expectation that we can continue to participate in the bid process, so we can keep fighting to save Toys “R” Us," he said. ". We feel confident that we submitted a fair valuation of the company's U.S. assets in an effort to save the business and over 130,000 domestic jobs."

In other news related to Toys R Us, the chain has apparently begun turning away gift cards according to the New York Post. Toys R Us was supposed to accept gift cards through April 21st, though some shoppers have apparently had their gift cards turned away already.

Last month, Larian announced his intention to save as much of Toys R Us as he could via his #savetoysrus campaign. His efforts were apparently not enough, or perhaps there's more than meets the eye with Toys R Us rejecting his bid. Might someone have bid a higher amount that may have even more grand and apparently quieter plans for the chain? Or is Toys R Us simply another doomed franchise that is yet another casualty of the ongoing retail apocalypse. Time will tell, but be sure to keep following Seibertron.com for all of your latest Transformers news and major announcements about the fate of the beloved Toys R Us chain.

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
It might have been rejected due to the bidders other ventures, could make other toy businesses wary, would they be able to trust them to give their product a fair shake at things alongside the products that the owner's businesses make?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Re: Toys R Us rejects bid from billionaire toy CEO Isaac Larian

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Seibertron wrote:it's just time to move on
I think this is the case :/ It's over, finished!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby dragons » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:06 am

That sucks so it is true poor management
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 am

At the Toys R Us in my area, most things are still only 5 - 10 % off. If they think it's time to move on, they're taking their time about it.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am

That was the most low ball offer I have ever seen, literally pennies on the dollar. TRU Canada's real estate is estimated at close to 1B$
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:08 am

Seibertron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Not the closest TRU to me, but one about 10 miles out, on the other side of town. LOL...Yeah Windblade is definitely a "fan favorite"....

That's not fair ... that's the BS "face shield" version. Notice the regular version (of which the one shown in your photo was a remold) has been nowhere to be found in quite a while.

I don't buy RiD toys...so I wasn't even aware there was another version...Still...I don't think there are that many savvy fans in my area that would reject this release solely based on that...

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Blitzwing is bae » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 am

Motto: "If it lives, I CAN KILL IT"
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
SUN OF A BISCUIT! im gonna miss toys r us thats for sure. I only got about have of theyre exclusives :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Blitzwing is bae
Minibot
Alt Mode: predacon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
From reading through the articles, it sounds like the offer was too low. Time will tell what happens in this story.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 am

o.supreme wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I don't buy RiD toys...so I wasn't even aware there was another version...Still...I don't think there are that many savvy fans in my area that would reject this release solely based on that...

Why are we talking about fans? The RID line targetted kids, kids wanted toys fo waht they saw on the show. They wanted the windblade that looked like on the show and that toy sold out. This toy, which doesnt resemble that, didnt. So yeah, the proof that all of normal windblades sold out (everywhere it seems) shows that she is indeed a fan favourite.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #4 var Marvel Comics 2021 APR210805 (CA) Chang (W) Ayala"
CHILDREN OF THE AT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #15 Cvr E AAPI Image Comics 2021 MAR218080 15E (CA) Cheng"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr A Boom Comics 2022 JUN220382 9A (CA) Albuquerque"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220622 10B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #44 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 JUN220343 44C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #6 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 MAR220788 6D 220531B"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr Q FOC Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229175 9Q (CA)Hetrick"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #34 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 JAN220319 34D (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210586 8G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 JUN220385 9D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210866 6G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 NOV220291 55C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #77 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM473 77B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #60 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 FEB230266 60C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON