This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers vs Visionaries Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers vs Visionaries Discussion Thread

Postby Daniel Adkins » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 am

Her name is Galadria. She was one of the Spectral Knights at the meeting in the first issue.
Daniel Adkins
Fuzor
News Credits: 16
Watch Daniel Adkins on YouTube

Re: Interview with Magdalene Visaggio, Writer of IDW Transformers vs Visionaries

Postby ThunderThruster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

On an off note, and I went back through the past 2 pages and didn't see it and y'all are talking right now: who is the chick here?

That's the newly redesigned form of Spectral Knight Galadria.
The fact that you had to ask, shows how much of a step away from the original this version is.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Re: Interview with Magdalene Visaggio, Writer of IDW Transformers vs Visionaries

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 pm

ThunderThruster wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

On an off note, and I went back through the past 2 pages and didn't see it and y'all are talking right now: who is the chick here?

The fact that you had to ask, shows how much of a step away from the original this version is.

Looking at the image again, now many times do you think she'd bruised her face and gotten a fat lip from turning her head to fast and smacking into her shoulder fin?

Her significant other has been arrested already because the Doctor didn't believer her when she said the black eye was from her fin. :-D
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ThunderThruster wrote:[That's the newly redesigned form of Spectral Knight Galadria.

Well, I wasn't born until 8 years after Visionaries came out and I really don't know anything about them and I still really don't, and I only sort of read issue 1 since I wasn't at all excited for it, so it's not really even the fault of the design.

I was more asking because I actually really like her look. she's probably the 1 Visionary I actually like the looks of. Although, my favorite animal is the Cheetah, so I sort of like Witterquick for that. And I sort of liked the looks of that Virulina before she killed Kup. Other than that, I'm not really hooked at all.

also, thanks Daniel, I did see your response, but I wanted to respond to this one
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ThunderThruster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Rodimus Knight wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Looking at the image again, now many times do you think she'd bruised her face and gotten a fat lip from turning her head to fast and smacking into her shoulder fin?

Her significant other has been arrested already because the Doctor didn't believer her when she said the black eye was from her fin. :-D

:shock: "Cryotek, no!"
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Three-Page Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #2

Postby Va'al » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy this time not of iTunes but directly the IDW Publishing website, we have a three-page preview for a couple of upcoming comics in the Hasbro Universe, both featuring Transformers in some way! Next up is the second issue of the 5 issue mini-series seeing the return to relevance of the Visionaries - after the brutal murder of Kup - and the seeming start of yet another conflict on Cybertron. Check out the three pages previewed below, and join us later next month for longer preview, review and the discussion in the Energon Pub!

AVAILABLE: February 2018
CREATORS:
Magdalene Visaggio (Author) • Fico Ossio (Artist, Cover Artist) • Philip Murphy (Cover Artist)

Virulina, leader of the Darkling Lords, has discovered that the Transformers are vulnerable to magic—and now she’s using that weakness to try and gain control of Cybertron and wipe them out! Leoric and Ironhide team up to stop her, but quickly find themselves facing not only the Darkling Lords, but all of New Prysmos itself!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Big Grim » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Kinda a crappy way for Kup to go out.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:45 am

Big Grim wrote:Kinda a crappy way for Kup to go out.

Not as crappy as pipes getting stepped on and forgotten.

Or ya know..the Protectobots :( at least this death is explained. Magic yes but it wasnt one dude taking down a gestalt with one swing of a sword and then gunned down.

When I read it I said “yeeeeeeeah that’s gonna be fun when Springer finds out...”
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Big Grim » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Randomhero wrote:Not as crappy as pipes getting stepped on and forgotten.

Or ya know..the Protectobots :( at least this death is explained. Magic yes but it wasnt one dude taking down a gestalt with one swing of a sword and then gunned down.

Fair points both.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am

I actually really enjoyed the first issue. I don’t know visionaries in the slightest but I’m into this series but I would like to see Springer show up and say “THEY DID WHAT...F&@$ THAT!!!” And start stomping on them.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Coptur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am

TBH I don't like Mags Vissagio and I don't like the changes to the Visionaries

BUT having said that I did put aside those feelings and....

I actually didn't mind the first issue on my 2nd reading of it.

So many characters have been offed in IDW transformers Kup really didn't bother me.

Although I did think Ironhide should've shouted to Tankor to fall back.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby LE0KING » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 am

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I tell you this now, I've been reading the Idw comic run for a long time. I was born ten years too late for G1, so this is, for all accounts, my G1 TF expierence. I've read it in the good and in the bad, but if they kill Prime Breakdown, I'm dropping the whole line.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am

Coptur wrote:TBH I don't like Mags Vissagio and I don't like the changes to the Visionaries

BUT having said that I did put aside those feelings and....

I actually didn't mind the first issue on my 2nd reading of it.

So many characters have been offed in IDW transformers Kup really didn't bother me.

Although I did think Ironhide should've shouted to Tankor to fall back.

I’m my opinion and I’m being very opinionated I think a lot of the negativity is it’s happening in a book people didn’t want. A lot of the vocal minority don’t want other toys playing with their transformers and don’t feel it’s right to kill off a big name like Kup(again) in a book that people just don’t want and it’s just more fuel for the fire.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Randomhero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:32 am

Only thing with issue one I didn’t like was the editorial at the end which was “they made me kill Kup please don’t hate me.” It’s like they knew it was gonna get negative reactions and had to make a preemptive response and that stupid “in memeory of Kup” pages. Own it.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Coptur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am

Randomhero wrote:Only thing with issue one I didn’t like was the editorial at the end which was “they made me kill Kup please don’t hate me.” It’s like they knew it was gonna get negative reactions and had to make a preemptive response and that stupid “in memeory of Kup” pages. Own it.

Yeah I can fully understand people were angry with the KUP thing, I'm so thick skinned over all the mass killing in IDW TF i'm just so nonchalant about it.

I should care because I like Kup LOL.

Yes true again nobody wanted the Visionaries introduction to be crossed over with the Transformers. The Visionaries really needed their own world built before it was brought down. :-(

LE0KING - I agree and I didn't like how Prime Breakdown's fate in the series as it was done so cheaply...but Arachnid did have female character indestructible powers... :roll: :lol:
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Sunstar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 am

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I am really not liking how htey are just trashing the Transformers like that. I hope the Transformers can crush each and every one of those flesh coated maggots... argh - it actually is pissing me off. This is silly!
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hmm...Still don't see why they couldn't have had one of the other series cross over but what's done is done and I'm curious as to why it was kup was destined to die. Is he going to become "girl in the fridge" material for someone?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby LE0KING » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Coptur wrote:
LE0KING - I agree and I didn't like how Prime Breakdown's fate in the series as it was done so cheaply...but Arachnid did have female character indestructible powers... :roll: :lol:

Well my problem is that Scott brought Breakdown in with a ton of potential. He was designed to be an interesting character, with a history as a second class citizen, who came to a new world to become the person he was meant to be. There hasn't been much time to build on that yet, but here he is, nameless thug #7.
If they kill him it will be just another slap across the face of the only writer who cared about giving idw transformers a future.
Last edited by LE0KING on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

:reads issue 2 prev

Oh, sorry, I fell asleep. That's 3 pages which have accomplished nothing whatsoever, neat.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Coptur » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:12 pm

LE0KING wrote:
Coptur wrote:

Well my problem is that Scott brought Breakdown in with a ton of potential. He was designed to be an interesting character, with a history as a second class citizen, who came to a new world to become the person he was meant to be. There hasn't been much time to build on that yet, but here he is, nameless thug #7.
If they kill him it will be just another slap across the face of the only writer who cared about giving idw transformers a future.

Yeah I hear ya :(
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby snavej » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
I wonder if IDW will manage to kill all the Transformers we have known before the comics are killed off by falling sales?! :-?
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
snavej wrote:I wonder if IDW will manage to kill all the Transformers we have known before the comics are killed off by falling sales?! :-?

I think that's the plan. UNICRON will kill everyone and then reboot!
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
News Credits: 11
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
snavej wrote:I wonder if IDW will manage to kill all the Transformers we have known before the comics are killed off by falling sales?! :-?

Ever the optimist :-P but I seriously hope any reboot is soft as I don't wish to return autobot vs decpticons again, at least not for another 10 years maybe? Going back to basics won't get us very far if we end up going in circles.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sunstar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
because cons vs decepts is overdone - new material. I love the new materials
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection~Sunstar's Discord - join today!
Sunstar
Gestalt
News Credits: 38
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9

Postby Whifflefire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I think a new take on the origin of the war on Cybertron would be a interesting new take for a reboot to focus on before without simply jumping back into the same formula. The same G1 cast, with stories showing their non-combatant sides and how characters react to the prospect of the war. Like the flashbacks in Shadowplay, but a whole series, at least for a couple of years.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAY221566 3B (CA)Allison"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11A (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS #11 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Delbo 210309A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2020 JUN208290 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 RI-B 1:25 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2RIB"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers My Little Pony MAGIC OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 1B"
Transformers My Li ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM456 2A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915S"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers INFILTRATION #1 RI-B 1:50 foil IDW Comics 2006 1RIB (CA) Guidi"
Transformers INFIL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON