This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Unicron Mini-Series Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers Comics - Road to Unicron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Just a heads up, I saw this on Barber's account too, but now I can't find it, but Unicron will be the end of this IDW continuity, but a new IDW continuity will start up after it. It will be a hard reboot with the same comics company.

And I personally think that just maybe this is set to coincide with the new War for Cybertron toy line and the stories they keep talking about with it. But either way, IDW is keeping the license, just a whole new continuity.

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 0440979456
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Galactic Prime » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:01 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Just a heads up, I saw this on Barber's account too, but now I can't find it, but Unicron will be the end of this IDW continuity, but a new IDW continuity will start up after it. It will be a hard reboot with the same comics company.

And I personally think that just maybe this is set to coincide with the new War for Cybertron toy line and the stories they keep talking about with it. But either way, IDW is keeping the license, just a whole new continuity.

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 0440979456

YAY a hard REBOOT!!!! SWEET
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hopefully we can get a more organic hasbroverse from the get go, and assuming the war for cybertron angle, they can have a first meeting with the gi Joe crew when they make it to earth. Of course they could set the tf stuff in the past, utlising time skips to then reveal that they've taken the approach of the g1 toon and have our heroes and villains be buried under a volcano and unearthed via the joes...or cobra.

Done right and this could be very interesting. It is a shame about stories like lost light but it is what it is. Let's just see how it develops and if they have any more new twists to throw at us.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Current IDW Transformers Comics Universe to End in September 2018 - Confirmation on What We Know

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:42 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Bringing together some sources from various outlets online - including the fingers of the two major writers working on IDW Publishing's Transformers comics right now - we have an actual confirmation of the ending of the current continuity (not just stories, not just titles - continuity), once the Unicron: The Darkest Hour event is over. Meaning that each of the two ongoing series will have reached over 75 issues each (in comics terms of length, this is on par with the likes of Vertigo cult hits Lucifer or The Sandman).

According to More than Meets the Eye and Lost Light writer, first appearing in Chaos Theory and Last Stand of the Wreckers, James Roberts:

James Roberts wrote:To summarise: the current IDW G1 continuity will end (spectacularly) with Unicron #6, OP #25 and LL #25, all in September. All three are biweekly over summer. We've had time to plan for the end, so it's a proper, un-rushed wrap up. Beyond Sept? New IDW TF comics, new continuity.

Lost Light will end in the way that I always intended MTMTE to end, and I'm so pleased I can say that. Issue #16 marks the start of a 10 part series finale that is HUGE in scope. Expect things get bigger and deadlier and madder and weirder until... the end of the quest.

From Robots in Disguise, The Transformers, Optimus Prime writer and previously brand editor at IDW John Barber:

John Barber wrote:The outpouring of love and heart and emotion at the news of our run on Transformers coming to an end has been overwhelming. Thanks everybody, I’ll talk more when I’m home from Wondercon tomorrow, but honestly thanks, and I for one am very excited about what we do next...!

IDW will continue to publish TF comics, but not in this comics universe, if that helps clear things up.

I don't work at IDW—I'm just a freelance writer. So I don't know all what's happening on that front.

I wouldn't say it's the end for anybody, but I'm pretty sure there will be some new names as well.

So what is actually happening after the current stories end in September is still unknown, and we will have no solicitations for that month until at least June - though it's likely that San Diego Comic Con will be the bigger source of announcements, given the timeline. What we do know, however, is the following:

• IDW Transformers books will still exist after Unicron event, in a new universe and new continuity
  • Releases in June: LL 19, LL 20, OP 20
  • July: LL 21-22, OP 21-22, Unicron 1-2
  • August: LL 23-24, OP 23-24, Unicron 3-4
  • September: LL 25, OP 25, Unicron 5-6

Fellow Transformers fan Nekotron on Twitter has also put together a handy visual guide for the above releases of Lost Light, Optimus Prime and Unicron (though keep in mind the arc titles may not be correct at this time), mirrored below. Check it out, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Coptur » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:38 am

I'm not sad that it's ending.

Overall I have enjoyed IDW-verse but the last 4 years for me have been it's weakest.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby steve2275 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:38 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
let the good times roll
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby KorsO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:53 am

Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:

Yup, 100% EJ sucks, can't even stand looking at that ****. Don's Dreamwave stuff is amazing, his IDW stuff is amazing, until the Ongoing started and then he decided to go all Michael Bay **** style.

Lol.. Yup, then that's a 1000% solid Fact confirmation your visual judgement & preference Sucks balls buddy :lol: .
Damn lucky, Thank goodness these comic publishing houses doesn't have you or anyone similar deciding on the art direction..hehea :DANCE: .

Thank you for spending years of personal time & money on all of IDW comic runs btw ;)

**Never imagined it was possible to come across someone worse & deluded than Bay. :shock: :michaelbay: :lol:

I think the only ball sucking here, is done by you.

Look at this garbage

https://livioramondelli.deviantart.com/ ... -449056320

or this

https://guidoguidi.deviantart.com/art/T ... -416040063

or this

https://art.alphacoders.com/arts/view/71816

And that's just some of their worst offenders.

You're the one who clearly doesn't know what good art is

Lol, Unbelievable. Those are stellar variety of art styles. Livio's, very quirky stylized but has a cinematic charm to it. & Guido. Well GUido is Guido. Hit & misses. Good or bad, dude's a TF Hall of Famer. Plus he did mentioned hes championing the early TF Marvel comic styles. Heads up already given.
The only art that I am not a fan of is Wildman's. Even so, unlike you, Im not petty enough to call (or actually sincerely think) that its garbage. I just effortlessly avoid it.
No harm no foul. Done. Easy.
Still happy i bought the Mentzen, Flint & Livio Autocracy, Monstrocity & Primacy series.

Calling it garbage on a fan runned Tf board over and over and over and over sure is a Big boy Legit move there dreamwave boy.
If it bugs you so much to the point of whining & repeating your empty insults on these boards, why not go straight to the source?
Simon, James, Barber, Ej, Livio, Guido all have twitters buddy. And are constantly daily active as well.
The artists all have Intagram, Tumblr & Deviant art pages too. You can easily throw your 'Garbage' remarks there & have an immediate reply from the source authors.

Why not just do that Big boy? Too busy enjoying the self ball sucking too much? 8-)

I've actually told EJ Su what I think of his art thank you, and the unbelievable part here is that you think any of that is good. Welcome to the list of polished turds who like crappy art

Takes an Actual polished turd who likes crappy art to easily accuse another of being one buddy. :lol: Cheers.
Last edited by KorsO on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorsO
Mini-Con

Postby KorsO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 am

Coptur wrote:I'm not sad that it's ending.

Overall I have enjoyed IDW-verse but the last 4 years for me have been it's weakest.

Had a good 12 years + Run. Lots of story Hits and Misses literally all along the way. The ones where hasbro Veto'ed in to contribute to their new Transformers Lines Event (Combiner Wars, Titans) was quite easy to forgive for they were the big bosses. It happens.

Hope 2019 reboot will continue to deliver more innovative TF narrative and intelligent lore building. James did it really well with Chaos Theory, death of Op, MTMTE S1 & S2.
Remembered how pumped I was when these new stories were threading up coming out from Costa's & McCarthy's runs.
Despite the ups & downs of their TF delivery, IDW still has my vote ;)
KorsO
Mini-Con

Postby Agent 53 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 am

Ah so it's like the Secret Wars/ DC Crisis/ Flashpoint of the IDW universe. Sounds cool.
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby Big Grim » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Sad to see it going. There's been some absolute gold in this continuity. Some guff as well but that's true of everything.

Shame we'll be losing Lost Light. I've been enjoying it, despite a few bumpy issues.
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Coptur » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:23 am

Personally I don't want a full new universe right now.

I'd love it if they did a few stand alone maxi-series.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:27 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:

Yup, 100% EJ sucks, can't even stand looking at that ****. Don's Dreamwave stuff is amazing, his IDW stuff is amazing, until the Ongoing started and then he decided to go all Michael Bay **** style.

Lol.. Yup, then that's a 1000% solid Fact confirmation your visual judgement & preference Sucks balls buddy :lol: .
Damn lucky, Thank goodness these comic publishing houses doesn't have you or anyone similar deciding on the art direction..hehea :DANCE: .

Thank you for spending years of personal time & money on all of IDW comic runs btw ;)

**Never imagined it was possible to come across someone worse & deluded than Bay. :shock: :michaelbay: :lol:

Look at this garbage

or this

or this

Lol, Unbelievable. Those are stellar variety of art styles. Livio's, very quirky stylized but has a cinematic charm to it. & Guido. Well GUido is Guido. Hit & misses. Good or bad, dude's a TF Hall of Famer. Plus he did mentioned hes championing the early TF Marvel comic styles. Heads up already given.
The only art that I am not a fan of is Wildman's. Even so, unlike you, Im not petty enough to call (or actually sincerely think) that its garbage. I just effortlessly avoid it.
Still happy i bought the Mentzen, Flint & Livio Autocracy, Monstrocity & Primacy series.

Calling it garbage on a fan runned Tf board over and over and over and over sure is a Big boy Legit move there dreamwave boy.
If it bugs you so much to the point of whining & repeating your empty insults on these boards, why not go straight to the source?
Simon, James, Barber, Ej, Livio, Guido all have twitters buddy. And are constantly daily active as well.
The artists all have Intagram, Tumblr & Deviant art pages too. You can easily throw your 'Garbage' remarks there & have an immediate reply from the source authors.

Why not just do that Big boy? Too busy enjoying the self ball sucking too much? 8-)

I've actually told EJ Su what I think of his art thank you, and the unbelievable part here is that you think any of that is good. Welcome to the list of polished turds who like crappy art

Takes an Actual polished turd who likes crappy art to easily accuse another of being one buddy. :lol: Cheers.

This thing between you two ends now.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby KorsO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:26 am

Burn wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
KorsO wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:

Look at this garbage

or this

or this

This thing between you two ends now.

Noted & no worries. Nothing is going on, on my end here. ;)
KorsO
Mini-Con

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:56 am

I can accept a reboot with grace, but I'd really love it if James Roberts got an ongoing Exiles-type of series. Keep a few of the core MtMtE characters and take them outside the rest of the universe where there's total freedom to be silly and weird.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 am

It's odd timing considering the Visionaries crossover is a thing. I guess the shared universe concept really didn't work out for them. At all.

But, you know what? This has been a fantastic run.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:35 am

I think the shared universe thing is what broke them. Once done, very, very hard to undo. If GI Joe wants to reboot and do their own thing, for example... they can't.

Personally, I've loved this era of Transformers. This has been MY Transformers, for what it's worth. It's going to be very sad to see it go. I'm sure there will be call backs in the new universe, I just hate to see all that world building gone.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am

Black Bumblebee wrote:I think the shared universe thing is what broke them. Once done, very, very hard to undo. If GI Joe wants to reboot and do their own thing, for example... they can't.

Personally, I've loved this era of Transformers. This has been MY Transformers, for what it's worth. It's going to be very sad to see it go. I'm sure there will be call backs in the new universe, I just hate to see all that world building gone.
This post nails it. 100% agreed on all counts :)

Looks like these next few weeks are the last lull in releases to expect for awhile. Considering OP 17 isn't out until 4/18, with Requiem of the Wreckers hitting in May along with the other books, it looks like the time to hang on for the end of this ride is closer than it seems!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Prime Nova » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:55 am

Hope they keep scott off the books. They could bring Shane back because the Mars attack one shot was amazing. If they set it in that time line
Prime Nova
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby Munkky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Gauntlet101010 wrote:It's odd timing considering the Visionaries crossover is a thing. I guess the shared universe concept really didn't work out for them. At all.

I get the feeling from both this news and the War for Cybertron trilogy starting in 2019 that Hasbro was really shaken by The Last Knight flopping (I remember hearing that The Last Knight was supposed to be the start of a Hasbro Cinematic Universe), so they pulled the plug on everything that wasn't too far in production to cancel and ordered a complete blank-slate fresh start for the franchise in 2019, because the direction at the time wasn't working out. Of course IDW's continuity reset could have been planned long before The Last Knight was even filmed, but that's just the impression I'm getting.
Regardless, I only ever dabbled in the current IDW continuity and disliked most of what I read, so I won't be sad to see it go. I'll pick up the first few issues of the rebooted continuity and see what it's like.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

I actually hope the shared universe thing sticks. I believe that the problem came from trying to bring it in late in the game. If all of those IPs had been intersecting from early in IDW's world-building, Rom crossing paths with M.A.S.K. wouldn't have been any weirder than the Guardians of the Galaxy encountering the Avengers.

And I was rather impressed by how well they did manage to tie some things together, like M.A.S.K. technology being re-engineered from Transformers, Joe Colton and Miles Mayhem being old allies, and the Microverse being created by Micronus Prime.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 am

Munkky wrote: I get the feeling from both this news and the War for Cybertron trilogy starting in 2019 that Hasbro was really shaken by The Last Knight flopping (I remember hearing that The Last Knight was supposed to be the start of a Hasbro Cinematic Universe), so they pulled the plug on everything that wasn't too far in production to cancel and ordered a complete blank-slate fresh start for the franchise in 2019, because the direction at the time wasn't working out.

I think so too. Although - talk about an overreaction. I don't think they really needed to reboot everything. Maybe just focus on what actually works and not try to shoehorn every single IP they own into a story that really didn't need it.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Gauntlet101010 wrote: Maybe just focus on what actually works and not try to shoehorn every single IP they own into a story that really didn't need it.

Gotta make that MCU Money though! The Shared Universe gimmick has generated enough money that, for good or ill, everyone wants in on it, with no greater thought than combining everything they have...
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Coptur » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:04 am

Prime Nova wrote:Hope they keep scott off the books. They could bring Shane back because the Mars attack one shot was amazing. If they set it in that time line

Couldn't agree more, others raved about TAAO but after rereading that run a number of things grinded my gears
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:45 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Sad to see it go, but LL did sour on me. Sad part is now I am going to track down all of the stuff I didn't have have time to read and probably should have. Oh well.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Prime Nova wrote:Hope they keep scott off the books. They could bring Shane back because the Mars attack one shot was amazing. If they set it in that time line

I'm the opposite, keep Scott and ban Shane from ever working on tfs ever again. Or at least keep him to more self contained mini series.

As I've often said, I think the shared universe is sticking around especially with idw holding all the licenses.

Also who ever mentioned the exiles like tf series for Roberts to have fun with, I'm all in on that idea.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 SEP221682 300D (CA) McKeown"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: SNAKES EYES AGENT OF COBRA #3 IDW Comics 2015 (W) Costa 200210a"
GI Joe: SNAKES EYE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0823IM478 5C (CA) Manhanini"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #15 Marvel Comics 1989 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON