This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime)

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
OK, that is kiiiiinda expensive. Given the sheer cost of the originals on eBay though (at least over here in the UK) I think it's worth it.

What I really want though is a Gigatron reissue.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) Revealed to Have a Price Point of $265

Postby skywarp-2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47 pm

william-james88 wrote:While we had some news of an Encore Reissue of Transformers Car Robots God Fire Convoy, we now have a confirmation from the Loopaza Mega Store that this is indeed happening. We also have the MSRP price for this set, which has been revealed to be 30,000 Yen, which is the equivalent of $265 USD at the moment. Of course, many stores in Japan often sell their toys at 20%-30% off MSRP but any of those savings are usually lost on anyone either importing the toys or buying them from local importers. So for anyone outside Japan, this will probably be what you will be paying when all is said and done.

Sold! I owned both, exclusive Japanese Toys-R-Us version and the Korean Boxed Version. I HAD to sell them both!! NEVER AGAIN! God Fire Convoy/Omega Prime, is the single greatest Toy I have ever wanted to own outside of G-1 Masterpieces and The ressurected Movie Masterpiece Line, I shall have him as mine!!. :KREMZEEK:
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Emerje » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
While it's true that the cost to produce these have gone up thanks to their part counts and electronics, people are forgetting something else rather important: These are only getting a limited collector release. Don't get me wrong, they wont be exclusive and will be sold at several retailers, but they aren't going to be made in the numbers they were made in in 2000. Smaller runs for collectors, probably in a nice display box at least, will always cost more.

Pricing these at less than the cost of two Unite Warriors sets seems about right to me.

The Movie the Best line probably didn't suffer all that much from inflation when you factor in possible mold alterations for better plastic color matching, premium paint decos, and smaller production runs. Since even molds from 2017 in the line saw a hefty markup it just doesn't seem like inflation was a major factor.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Overcracker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I pulled out my Prime and Magnus to to take some pictures comparing it to Legends Super God Jinrai, and I was surprised at how similarly both combinations work.

Magnus legs and feet, form boots for Prime.
Magnus arms form arm covers / bigger arms for prime.
Magnus's torso goes over Prime like an armor vest in a very similar configuration.

Anyway, Height-wise they end up being about the same size, but damn, if God Fire Convoy (Omega Prime) isn't at least 3 times as heavy, and bulky.

Plus there's all of Prime's trailer / Super mode parts left over, to add to the part count.

trucks.jpg

smallrobot.jpg

superrobot.jpg

godrobot.jpg
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check the forum post above for details.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Overcracker wrote:I pulled out my Prime and Magnus to to take some pictures comparing it to Legends Super God Jinrai, and I was surprised at how similarly both combinations work.

Magnus's torso goes over Prime like an armor vest in a very similar configuration.

Anyway, Height-wise they end up being about the same size, but damn, if God Fire Convoy (Omega Prime) isn't at least 3 times as heavy, and bulky.

Plus there's all of Prime's trailer / Super mode parts left over, to add to the part count.

The style of combination between two robots (core + armor) is pretty common in other series, but Transformers has only done it... 2 times, 3 if we're counting Victory Saber?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Overcracker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I pulled out my Prime and Magnus to to take some pictures comparing it to Legends Super God Jinrai, and I was surprised at how similarly both combinations work.

The style of combination between two robots (core + armor) is pretty common in other series, but Transformers has only done it... 2 times, 3 if we're counting Victory Saber?

True, assuming you don't count Energon Prime + Wing Saber, or Cybertron Prime + Wing Saber in those Inner Robot + Armor combinations.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check the forum post above for details.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby kurthy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Overcracker wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

True, assuming you don't count Energon Prime + Wing Saber, or Cybertron Prime + Wing Saber in those Inner Robot + Armor combinations.

Movie jetfire?
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby RAR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 am

I've Got God Fire Convoy and the Universe versions too. I've got some less than perfect Hasbro ones If I recall.

I like them but I don't tend to use them much due to fragility and the chrome ware potential. I've always wanted the Black ones though. My Go to one was the Banana yellow one though - I always liked that one.

I'd rather welcome a store exclusive or Web exclusive repaint of them along with the reissue. Not sure what the appropriate deco would be though perhaps some sort of Nemesis Prime or Grand Scourge inspired deco. They'd look great in darker colours but if they used a bit of grey and other colours they'd not step on the toes of the black ones then.

I guess another idea might be to go with Powered Convoy inspired deco with lots of Blue and Black. I have seen the actual fire truck that SFC is based on in white though and that looked nice. I suppose they could even see if they have that Defensor head around still some place and release that.

But for the straight re-issue i'm not over bothered - as like others have said I have the original one/s still.

But if they sell it at a premium price it might not get a lot of interest what with the RID one being pretty easy to get still and not expensive if you buy them in parts lots. Heck the hardest thing to get is likely the small pistol everything else is easy to find.

I have not Idea where the idea they are rare or expensive comes from. Maybe the Japanese Giftset is but the RID one is really easy to get. Sure there are some muppets on ebay trying to con people into paying a premium for all sorts of crap (like Armada Scavenger) but that doesn't mean other people are.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Official Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime)

Postby Va'al » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of Takara Tomy and via site sponsor TFSource, we have the official images of the upcoming reissue in the Transformers Encore line of the Car Robots God Fire Convoy combined form of God Magnus and Fire Convoy - or Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime for Anglophone audiences. Check them out below, and compare them to the Seibertron.com galleries of the original release of the toys.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 am

Two of the first non G1 Transformers I bought when I got back into collecting.

Still great toys.

I always wanted them repainted as Scourge and Motormaster with their combined form Nemesis Prime.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:01 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I always felt that the only flaw in this Prime was his feet being a bit small in robot mode. I remember buying Fire Convoy years ago at a local shop that sold collectibles which is gone today. :(

It's a great figure IMO which I even got the Sams Club release and I removed the screw holding the ladder making it much more enjoyable in Battle mode and paired up with AM Firebolt.

So I read that the tires issue is most common with the Hasbro figures...? :-? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Big Grim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Windsweeper wrote:Two of the first non G1 Transformers I bought when I got back into collecting.

Still great toys.

Same here. I need to pull them out and have a play with them again. They're just so good!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I wonder if this is the final product or hand painted prototypes because it doesn't look like there's a lot of bare plastic on these. If they're giving these the masterpiece treatment and giving them a nice consistent coat of paint they're going to look amazing!

If these are indeed indicative of the final figures then the biggest change is the lack of red and blue chrome on Fire Convoy and God Magnus respectively. If that's the case then I'm definitely sold on these.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 am

I bought the Japanese Versions back when Hasbro wasn't saying they were bringing the toys over here, and I have never been able to figure out how to combine them with the instructions.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Translucent Super God Sword!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

It doesn't look like there's as much chrome on these as before, as God Magnus's front bumper, Fire Convoy's standard robot chest and eyes, and Super Fire Convoy's eyes don't look to be that shiny in these (admittedly rather dulled) images.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Powered Convoy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 am

It seems all the chrome short of the Autobot symbols, rims, and antenna is no longer chrome (I would say this is a good change).

Fire Convoy has C-001 on his front bumper (I'm guessing God Magnus might have his Car Robots designation too, it's just too hard to see in these photos).

The most obvious change is the coloration of the Super God Sword. It's no longer solid blue with a blue sticker but clear gray / purple with a silver sticker. This is animation accurate.

For those who were looking for it to pair with your Brave Maximus, it's not going to match as nicely.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby Kyleor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Sword included to help with combined mode stability/pose-ability?
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 am

Kyleor wrote:Sword included to help with combined mode stability/pose-ability?
More like "sword included because it should be included".

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby MECHdirge » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 am

Motto: "That which does not kill me is dead when I'm done with it."
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
I transformed my original just a few months ago when cleaning my Transformers, and it really was a great toy. The pair of figures were some of the very few (out of 900 or so) that I transformed, without instructions, no less. While the first Transformers in my collection were from '84, I started collecting as an adult as the RID series started. This pair/combiner was definitely a favorite, although I still like Sideburns a great deal, too... especially the blue version. I wonder what the interest in the reissue will be like? That's a pretty steep price tag. I can't imagine the orginals are anywhere near that price.
~dirge
MECHdirge
Mini-Con
Buy from MECHdirge on eBay
Alt Mode: Corvette
Speed: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:01 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Bah, I keep holding my finger over the TFsource pre-order, but I just can't bring myself to do it
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby kurthy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
fenrir72 wrote:http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-033857&page=top

Y 22860

That's a little more palatable, even though it will a giant box that can't go through SAL.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 am

Thus far, the main differences in this set from the originals appear to be some mild paint differences (on both the toys and the sword), less chrome, and possibly brand new voice clips recorded by Satoshi Hashimoto (Fire Convoy's original voice actor).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
fenrir72 wrote:http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-033857&page=top

Y 22860
Huh. They aren't usually the first ones to list. It's nice to finally see an overseas listing... I was waiting for confirmation this was actually "Encore".
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:22 am

Even better images of this set - https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0765ZPG6X

Including some new pics, as there are 14 in all.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON