Takara Legends Manga Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Anyone who made fan modes with Repugnus' and Grotusque's Beast Mode heads in Robot Mode should be feeling really good now, as it's now canon! By placing the Headmaster Beastformer in the cockpit (Get On!), tweaking the chest panels on Repugnus and folding over the claws on Grotusque, in addition to using that Beast Head, one can create the "Beastformer Mode".
Oh neat, I didn't catch that the Monsterbots and their Beastformer partners are now Getmasters. Cool.

Not too sure if Doublecross can be one, that would involve totally transforming his upper torso, leaving him with his dragon arms and robot legs.
Yeah, I doubt it's doable for him since his robot arms and beast heads are the same things.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 282
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am

Blue Big Convoy comic scan and summary, courtesy of user Powered Convoy and TFWiki, respectively:

Click for full size

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Legends_Comic:_Bonus_Edition_Vol._EX_(Blue_Big_Convoy)

In a future beyond the 21st century, Cybertron is turned into a technorganic world thanks to Optimus Primal's sacrifice, and with its rebirth Vector Sigma becomes an ultra-computer that governs the planet and creates a new generation of Transformers to protect it. Several of these are "Convoy Type" Maximals, named and patterned after Optimus Primal in honor of his memory, and these end up at the top of Cybertron's hierarchy. However, one of their number—Blue Big Convoy—renounces the notion that Convoys are special and refuses to be part of the Convoy Council, who he accuses of overindulging in the power of their Energon Matrixes. He tells his son, Big Junior, that while he believes peace between Maximals and Predacons is the only way forward, said peace will someday end when the special treatment afforded by Convoys will trigger an uprising by those seeking equality.

Blue Big Convoy and Big Junior fight together in many a battle in defense of peace, until one day when Blue Big Convoy is struck down protecting his son from a force of mysterious energy-seekers. When Junior despairingly asks why it came to this, his father responds that it's because he's a Convoy—a Convoy is nothing special, merely someone who fights to protect others. Before passing away, he asks Junior to take his left arm to replace his own destroyed appendage, then dubs him "Big Convoy" in recognition of his son's ability to protect others as well. Witnessing his father's death because of him leads Big Convoy to adopt a lone wolf nature, unwilling to fight alongside others as he doesn't want them to be hurt. Some time later, while an older Big Convoy is skipping out on Survive's instructions, Vector Sigma summons Great Convoy to tell him the mysterious enemies were likely searching for Unicron's energy. Expecting a new Great War to break out, the computer announces it will prepare for the coming chaos by re-mechanizing Cybertron and asks Great Convoy to focus on educating new recruits.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Energy-seekers... nice reference to the BW Neo Blendtrons Drancron, Elphaorpha and... however his name's spelled :lol: I'm spotting Air Hammer, Buzzclaw, Terragator and Noctorro. Outside of Bantor, that's all Fuzors accounted for in Japan G1 as the rest appeared in Neo and Season 2.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, PotP Prime Punch head, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 239
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:26 pm

When I first heard about the contents of this chapter, I was initially concerned that it had sounded like Vector Sigma undid the Technorganic reformatting of Cybertron so soon after Beast Machines, as though that show had gone through all the trouble it went through to bring about this revolutionary evolution of the Cybertronian race... only for Vector Sigma to just change its mind afterward.

But now that we have a proper summary, I see now that the undone reformatting instead occurred quite some time later, much closer to Beast Wars Neo, giving it a good number of millennia to take effect before the planet was metalized again.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ebonyleopard » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
There's something to be admired with how they managed to retrofit these new toys/characters into their respective continuities.
Ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:37 am

Sabrblade wrote:Image

Backing up to these two, it appears that we never did get to see the TFWiki summaries for these two here in this thread.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Legends_Comic:_Bonus_Edition_Vol._EX_(Repugnus)
With the Monsterbots revived by Beast Power from the Three Wise Ones' gem forms, Repugnus is reunited with Hedgehog and reveals that he can now perform a Get On by placing the Beastformer in his chest. This transforms him into a new Beastformer Mode with the power to spray explosive hedgehog needles at the Decepticons, causing Smokescreen and Dreadwing to recognize Beast Power as a threat that must be destroyed. Rattrap voices his defiance, recognizing their way of thinking as the very same that caused the destruction of his world, and the Decepticon duo respond by combining and launching a barrage of missiles at him. Repugnus saves the day and defeats them with his MVP Weapon, the Double Jungle Swords, but when he turns around he sees that Galvatron II has taken down Doublecross and stolen the Gem of Fire.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Legends_Comic:_Bonus_Edition_Vol._EX_(Grotusque)
Using the Gem of Fire's power to manipulate Beast's environment, Galvatron II begins causing a natural disaster, all the while elated that he can unlock a beast mode of his own if he gets his hands on all three gems. There are too many Decepticons for Repugnus to handle, so he asks Grotusque to contact Platinum Tiger in his self-imposed exile within the Holography Mirror, a task the self-loathing Monsterbot reluctantly pulls off. He pleads with Platinum Tiger to come back, telling him they can fight their inner demons together, and the Beastformer accepts and returns to form Grotusque's head. Blocking Galvatron's attacks with Platinum Tiger's trademark barrier, the two perform a Get On and unlock Grotusque's Beastformer Mode, granting them the strength to defeat the Decepticon leader and reclaim the Gem. As the Decepticons retreat, Platinum Tiger returns to worrying about the corruption within him, but after being reminded that he was the one who taught Grotusque not to fear himself, he takes his own lesson to heart and agrees to remain on Beast and work on overcoming the curse together with Grotusque.

All's not well that ends well, however, as now that the Decepticons have learned of the existence of the gems, someone is very interested...

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #219:
"Big Cat Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TURBINE THRASH WINDBLADE 3.5" Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 scout class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ReIssue Takara D-62S Purple Galvatron eHobby Scramble City MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class  Wingblade Turbine Thrash Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Autobot Gears G1 Reissue 2018 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers MP3 Player 128MB NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron WFC Leader Ultra Magnus Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Prime Beast Hunters STARSCREAM Thunder Talon Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON PROWL IN HAND!" on EBAY