Takara Legends Manga Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Is there a significance to Big Convoy inheriting his father's arm? Is it a reference to something?

It would explain why Big Convoy's arms were always asymetrical when the rest of his body was not.

Ya know, I think you nailed it. I never noticed just how asymmetrical his arms were before.

I didn't even notice till last Thursday, it's strange that those are the only asymmetrical parts, usually the chest is asymmetrical if anything or at least an indication that the bot has some asymmetry

There is more subtle asymetry all across this figure (including the chest), I wrote about it when I included him in my top 5 shellformers list: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/33329/

But the arm is the most asymetrical part. Maybe a quick news piece on the revelation could be fun.

I mean, it's a nearly 20 year old toy, I'm not sure it really needs a news piece
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15288
News Credits: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Is there a significance to Big Convoy inheriting his father's arm? Is it a reference to something?

It would explain why Big Convoy's arms were always asymetrical when the rest of his body was not.

Ya know, I think you nailed it. I never noticed just how asymmetrical his arms were before.

I didn't even notice till last Thursday, it's strange that those are the only asymmetrical parts, usually the chest is asymmetrical if anything or at least an indication that the bot has some asymmetry

There is more subtle asymetry all across this figure (including the chest), I wrote about it when I included him in my top 5 shellformers list: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/33329/

But the arm is the most asymetrical part. Maybe a quick news piece on the revelation could be fun.

I mean, it's a nearly 20 year old toy, I'm not sure it really needs a news piece


Not about the toy, about the fact that we actually have a fictional reason for it after all these years.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24509
News Credits: 2378
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Is there a significance to Big Convoy inheriting his father's arm? Is it a reference to something?

It would explain why Big Convoy's arms were always asymetrical when the rest of his body was not.

Ya know, I think you nailed it. I never noticed just how asymmetrical his arms were before.

I didn't even notice till last Thursday, it's strange that those are the only asymmetrical parts, usually the chest is asymmetrical if anything or at least an indication that the bot has some asymmetry

There is more subtle asymetry all across this figure (including the chest), I wrote about it when I included him in my top 5 shellformers list: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/33329/

But the arm is the most asymetrical part. Maybe a quick news piece on the revelation could be fun.

I mean, it's a nearly 20 year old toy, I'm not sure it really needs a news piece


Not about the toy, about the fact that we actually have a fictional reason for it after all these years.

Eh, for fun, why not? I wonder how many people didn't even realize Big Convoy was asymmetrical
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15288
News Credits: 1311
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Is there a significance to Big Convoy inheriting his father's arm? Is it a reference to something?

It would explain why Big Convoy's arms were always asymetrical when the rest of his body was not.

Ya know, I think you nailed it. I never noticed just how asymmetrical his arms were before.

I didn't even notice till last Thursday, it's strange that those are the only asymmetrical parts, usually the chest is asymmetrical if anything or at least an indication that the bot has some asymmetry

There is more subtle asymetry all across this figure (including the chest), I wrote about it when I included him in my top 5 shellformers list: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/33329/

But the arm is the most asymetrical part. Maybe a quick news piece on the revelation could be fun.

I mean, it's a nearly 20 year old toy, I'm not sure it really needs a news piece


Not about the toy, about the fact that we actually have a fictional reason for it after all these years.

Eh, for fun, why not? I wonder how many people didn't even realize Big Convoy was asymmetrical


About as many that didn't have the clear joint breaking...
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, PotP Prime Punch head, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16854
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay, I'm on Episode 29 now and, after all these years of such limited accessibility to both this show and Beast Wars Second, I think it's safe to say that the Western fandom has blown something out of proportion (quelle suprise!).
 
In the BWII movie, Optimus Primal is treated as a "legendary Supreme Commander" by Lio Convoy's teammates, revered and awed as some greatly respected figure. This movie, being one of the scarcely few pieces of JBW media that the Western fandom had access to thanks to Ctenosaur Fansubs, helped fuel the initial misconception that the "Convoy" of Beast Wars might have been treated by Japan as the same "Convoy" of the G1 cartoon. Of course, Beast Wars Metals would debunk this when it showed the two to be separate individuals like in the English version.
 
Still, though, this "legendary" status that Optimus Primal held in the BWII movie remained, which felt at odds with his depiction in Beast Wars as merely a lowly ship captain. Yet, Japan still regarded him as a Supreme Commander in their version, a title that to a Western fan seemed more prestigious than the captaincy rank Primal held.
 
When it was later confirmed that BWII and Neo actually took place eons after Beast Machines (rather than contemporary to the "three centuries later" hometime of the BW cast, as the Western fandom originally believed), this "legendary" status of Primal's suddenly made some degree of sense retroactively, since he alone saved all of Cybertron from extinction by Megatron, sacrificing himself at the end of Beast Machines. Indeed, this was even incorporated into the Convoy Council's backstory in the Legends LG-EX Blue Big Convoy pack-in comic.
 
 
But... here's the thing.
 
ALL THREE Convoys of the Beast Era are treated as "legendary" figures.
 
 
Out of the gate, Big Convoy is called a "legendary warrior", known for being a "One-Man Army" who won many front-line battles singlehandedly. And later in the series, he's called a "Supreme Commander" in regards to his being in charge of Break, Stampy, Longrack, Colada, and Heinrad. A guy put in charge of merely five (later six) individuals is given such a lofty title, when he's pretty much just a mere ship captain. Sound familiar?
 
What's more, Beast Wars Neo takes place, what, a few years after Beast Wars Second? Is that all? If so, then that's how long Lio Convoy has been MIA. And yet, here in Episode 29, he too is called a "legendary warrior", the exact same wording used previously to describe Big Convoy (Stampy even points out this notion, and Mach Kick later calls them "two legendary warriors"), with Big Convoy's teammates even going gaga over Lio Convoy with the same kind of awe and wonderment that Lio Convoy's team had for Optimus Primal in the movie.
 
 
It really seems to me like this whole "legendary" thing really isn't all that special, certainly not to the extent that the early Western fandom made it out to be, what with how few folks in the West actually got to experience these two shows back then. Same goes for being a Supreme Commander. Sure, that actually meant something in the G1 era (being the highest-ranked sole authority in the Autobot army), but by the Beast Era, any blue-helmeted mouth-plated novice could be one, and all it gets ya is an average-sized spaceship and a small crew of misfits. And you apparently get to be called "legendary" by the next guy's crew. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31183
News Credits: 287
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes SOLUS PRIME Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Quintus Prime Master White Face" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Power of the Primes Lot Novastar Moonracer Jazz More" on EBAY
Buy "WALGREENS SHOCKWAVE CYBER BATTALION TRANSFORMERS MISB NEW HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime Cybertron Voyager Prime Safeguard Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron: Siege - Cog Weaponizer Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Cindersaur Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class - Skrapnel" on EBAY