This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Aimless Misfire wrote:Definitely not worth that price. This thing is nowhere near as awesome as Metroplex or Trypticon & has no business being priced in the same category. It's big in combined mode, that's the only thing it has going for it.

I will definitely wait for Ollie's on this one. $50 - $60 is the right price for this unimpressive piece of ****.
If it's an unimpressive piece of ****, then shouldn't it be worth nothing to you? Do you regularly drop $50-60 on pieces of ****?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:23 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I wonder if symths will be the only UK retail to sell it, if at all. Despite misgivings about beast modes, he himself looks like a fun beast to play with.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:05 am

I'll bet it'll be an online only item at target.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 am

I do hope that Target either gets him in adds (if not preferably in stores). I feel that part of the reason the Combiner War box sets didn't do too hot, was they were rarely stocked in Brick and Mortar... the downside to that strategy is they *do* take up a lot of space. I still couldn't believe Target put the Star wars Black 6" scale tie-fighters on the shelf...

I still think Predaking will be just as good, of not better, than Devastator. Though part of me is curious what "would have been" if Takara could go ham with their preferred release (like the extra mile they did for Devastator).
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 am

william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Whether Torox (ne Tantrum) is a buffalo or a bull doesn't change the fact that neither is really what you would call a predatory animal. :lol:

Ha ha, but I always thought that they were called Predacons because the characters themselves are predators as opposed to their alt modes.

Perhaps he's gone a bit *mad* (cow) sorry.... not sorry.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby SG Roadbuster » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am

i'll believe it when I see it. my Target has nothing but leftover RID and TLK figures.
SG Roadbuster
Minibot

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:30 am

I wish I could be hype for this set the way I was with Trypticon last Summer, especially since the Predacon's are my favorite combiners. But cheap way that Hasbro has handled these bots individually just keeps shouting NOPE!

Like others have stated I'll just wait for them to pop up at Ollies for 49.99. So what if they don't make anymore due to poor sales. 3P companies charging almost triple this cost aren't going through this struggle.

So Hasbro should either step up on quality (It's not just the Titan class that getting cheap on plastic) or just don't make them.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 am

SpikeyTigertron wrote:I do hope that Target either gets him in adds (if not preferably in stores). I feel that part of the reason the Combiner War box sets didn't do too hot, was they were rarely stocked in Brick and Mortar... the downside to that strategy is they *do* take up a lot of space. I still couldn't believe Target put the Star wars Black 6" scale tie-fighters on the shelf...

I still think Predaking will be just as good, of not better, than Devastator. Though part of me is curious what "would have been" if Takara could go ham with their preferred release (like the extra mile they did for Devastator).

Takara would have done the sword, and maybe spiked gauntlets somehow but I don't think they would have done as much to pred as they did to devy, as there they only really messed with the head and added elbows where needed.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I do hope that Target either gets him in adds (if not preferably in stores). I feel that part of the reason the Combiner War box sets didn't do too hot, was they were rarely stocked in Brick and Mortar... the downside to that strategy is they *do* take up a lot of space. I still couldn't believe Target put the Star wars Black 6" scale tie-fighters on the shelf...

Takara would have done the sword, and maybe spiked gauntlets somehow but I don't think they would have done as much to pred as they did to devy, as there they only really messed with the head and added elbows where needed.

The other thing to consider is I believe Devastator started as a Takara Masterpiece design that they had to scale down to fit Hasbro's pricing and parts count rules. I suspect most of the Takara added parts and features were actually part of the original plan, scrapped for Hasbro, and added back in for Takara. In this case, both companies were starting Predaking from scratch.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:10 am

I don't know about them being meant for the masterpiece line as I think they were still a bit too simple for that plus if they were, Takara would have charged a small fortune ;-)

Young Prime@ 3p only aim at collectors hence their limited print runs and costs. They don't also don't have to worry about regulations that hasbro have to adhere to. Plus hasbro want kids to want these so they have to make sure that the price they put these at isn't too big but big enough to profit off (businesses exist for profit )
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:14 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:Definitely not worth that price. This thing is nowhere near as awesome as Metroplex or Trypticon & has no business being priced in the same category. It's big in combined mode, that's the only thing it has going for it.

I will definitely wait for Ollie's on this one. $50 - $60 is the right price for this unimpressive piece of ****.
If it's an unimpressive piece of ****, then shouldn't it be worth nothing to you? Do you regularly drop $50-60 on pieces of ****?

The Beast modes and Bot modes are IMO crappy. So paying 1/3 for 1/3 of what this set can do is fair.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:14 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh, no, Shogo Hasui confirmed that his design for Titan class Devastator was taken from a design for a MP Devastator he had cooked up, but which he had to modify to be more in line with Hasbro's budget limitations, and then was able to work back in some of his original design aspects for the Takara UW release.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know about them being meant for the masterpiece line as I think they were still a bit too simple for that plus if they were, Takara would have charged a small fortune ;-)

Young Prime@ 3p only aim at collectors hence their limited print runs and costs. They don't also don't have to worry about regulations that hasbro have to adhere to. Plus hasbro want kids to want these so they have to make sure that the price they put these at isn't too big but big enough to profit off (businesses exist for profit )

Don't see how that changes my complaints with the main issue here but thanks for 3P tour guide.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby o.supreme » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:51 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
So, no confirmation if Target will actually have Predaking in-store, or if it will be online only? For the record, they had CW Devastator available for the longest time, long after even most online retailers had sold out. For the record, they still have Victoron, Computron, and G2 Bruticus available online.

Honestly, I'm excited for Predaking, but the advantage of having the last 2 Titans at TRU was putting them on layaway. Target doesn't have that feature online or in store, so I guess I'll have to wait to see if it goes on sale at some point around the end of the year.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:03 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
o.supreme wrote:So, no confirmation if Target will actually have Predaking in-store, or if it will be online only? For the record, they had CW Devastator available for the longest time, long after even most online retailers had sold out. For the record, they still have Victoron, Computron, and G2 Bruticus available online.

To clarify, that is an in-store listing for him (and while this is all subject to change, as of right now, it's looking like something every store is gonna get in some capacity), I'd guess he'll start to show up sometime after the e-tailers get him like bbts and such, simply because it has to filter out through the warehouses to the stores.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, no, Shogo Hasui confirmed that his design for Titan class Devastator was taken from a design for a MP Devastator he had cooked up, but which he had to modify to be more in line with Hasbro's budget limitations, and then was able to work back in some of his original design aspects for the Takara UW release.

I'd always kind of felt that way tbh.... I mean other than plastic quality and a little more polish... they're somewhat in line with say MP Sideswipe, and the scale is definitely MP. (though it's a shame what happened to Long Haul).
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, no, Shogo Hasui confirmed that his design for Titan class Devastator was taken from a design for a MP Devastator he had cooked up, but which he had to modify to be more in line with Hasbro's budget limitations, and then was able to work back in some of his original design aspects for the Takara UW release.

I'd always kind of felt that way tbh.... I mean other than plastic quality and a little more polish... they're somewhat in line with say MP Sideswipe, and the scale is definitely MP. (though it's a shame what happened to Long Haul).
I honestly don't mind what happened to Long Haul that much since A) it was necessary for feasible stability reasons, and B) because of a secret about Titan class Devastator that was revealed at RoboCon this year, but that's for a different topic. (stay tuned ;) )

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:03 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:and B) because of a secret about Titan class Devastator that was revealed at RoboCon this year, but that's for a different topic. (stay tuned ;) )

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:09 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

I honestly don't mind what happened to Long Haul that much since A) it was necessary for feasible stability reasons, and B) because of a secret about Titan class Devastator that was revealed at RoboCon this year, but that's for a different topic. (stay tuned ;) )

Details NAO! :-D
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 am

Gonna try to get a full formal report with all the details (about Devastator and much more) posted by the end of this week. Keep your eyes peeled on this thread.

Anyway, about Predaking, I wonder how Razorclaw (G1 Predacon leader) in robot mode might scale in comparison to most figures of BW Megatron (Beast Era most important Predacon leader). :-?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Details NAO! :-D
You want'em? I got'em! Over there.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote: Attack Buffalo :-B

http://botchthecrab.com/archive/instructions/

Let's just call it Tatanka and call it a day
Well, we can't call it both "Tatanka" and "a day", so which one should we choose to call it? 8-}

You! You! I like you!
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
With the recent reveal of the "Throne of Primes," confirming that it will contain the rest of the Primes yet unaccounted for by retail release, is it safe to say now that this "Special Edition" Onyx Prime may well be the ONLY Onyx Prime we'll be getting at this point, despite the "Special Edition" call-out on Predaking's box?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wolfman Jake wrote:With the recent reveal of the "Throne of Primes," confirming that it will contain the rest of the Primes yet unaccounted for by retail release, is it safe to say now that this "Special Edition" Onyx Prime may well be the ONLY Onyx Prime we'll be getting at this point, despite the "Special Edition" call-out on Predaking's box?

Could very well be. Him not being based on a Pretender, instead on the Binder of Revelation, may mean he has no Shell, thus eliminating him from regular retail altogether.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 am

The special edition moniker may have cone from when an onyx prime was supposed to be included as a regular release but was too late to change when the regular release was scrapped.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #25 Marvel Comics 2022 APR221023 (CA) Pagulayan (W) Soule (A)Camuncoli"
STAR WARS #25 Marv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #66 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231378 66B (CA) Oz"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #24 Marvel Comics 2022 APR221033 (CA) Camuncoli"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #5 Cvr E RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 DEC221415 5E 5RI (CA) Simeone"
STAR TREK #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr L 1:30 Dynamite Comics FEB230523 5L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 NOV221602 4A (CA) Rosanas (W) Kelly + Lanzing"
STAR TREK #4 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L 1:30 action figure Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220594 2L"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HAN SOLO CHEWBACCA #9 var Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220842 (CA) Nauck"
Star Wars HAN SOLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230509 6Q (CA) Conner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr Q ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT221736 3A (CA) Rosanas (W) Kelly + Lanzing"
STAR TREK #3 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230453 7E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #30 var ROTJ 40th Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221175 (CA)Sprouse"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr C IDW Comics JUN231425 (CA) Yardley"
NEW!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #7 var 1:25 Marvel Comics JAN230974 (CA) Zircher 230411A"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON