This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Wolfman Jake wrote:With the recent reveal of the "Throne of Primes," confirming that it will contain the rest of the Primes yet unaccounted for by retail release, is it safe to say now that this "Special Edition" Onyx Prime may well be the ONLY Onyx Prime we'll be getting at this point, despite the "Special Edition" call-out on Predaking's box?

I always figured that this was the only Onyx we would be getting anyways
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:With the recent reveal of the "Throne of Primes," confirming that it will contain the rest of the Primes yet unaccounted for by retail release, is it safe to say now that this "Special Edition" Onyx Prime may well be the ONLY Onyx Prime we'll be getting at this point, despite the "Special Edition" call-out on Predaking's box?

But then why call it a special edition? It's just "the edition".

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

"Only way to get this" Special edition was my thought
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:40 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

Wouldn't that also make every Predacon also a special edition since you can't buy them individually either?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Emerje wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

Wouldn't that also make every Predacon also a special edition since you can't buy them individually either?

Emerje

Eh, eh, I don't know. But I never had faith in Onyx seeing a regular release
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:08 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
As I said earlier, there was probably plans to have onyx out at retail but they fell through for hasbro's change of business model
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Shipping From Amazon

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks to a heads up from Amazon.com, we have word that the Transformers: Power of the Primes Predaking is beginning to ship out! The shipping confirmation, sent to our very own Seibertron himself, shows that Predaking will be shipping out either Thursday or Friday, with 2-day delivery options showing him arriving on Monday! While the listing on Amazon is currently a bit high and still showing an arrival date of August 10-27, we can assure you that some figures are beginning to ship out here.

Unfortunately, we do not have news at this time if site sponsors or, as previously reported, Target, will be getting their stock soon. But with Amazon now getting their stock in, it should not be long before he is widely available from all media outlets!

Are you ready for Predaking? Are you gonna get yourself a Predaking, or is this a Titan figure you plan to pass on? Do you have a pre-order in? Let us know what you think of the figure and of the very soon to be in-hand product below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby RobRobRobRobRob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Motto: "Manners make the man."
Weapon: Sonic Umbrella
I can confirm that they are coming, at earlies to pre-order customers, this Friday with two-day shipping. At least that's what mine says, and I ordered mine in June when the listing first went up!
RobRobRobRobRob
Mini-Con
News Credits: 35
Alt Mode: Vosnian Walking Stick

Postby Slamron » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Got mine from amazon yesterday, July 10th.opening tonight.
Slamron
Mini-Con

Postby Dan14thPrime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Motto: "You're either lying, or you're stupid."
Sweet. Now, just a matter of time for the price to drop to $100. Then, I'm on it.
Dan14thPrime
Mini-Con
Watch Dan14thPrime on YouTube

Postby PadForce » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am

Interesting to see if that happens as it hasnt with every figure.

Predaking is amazing and doesnt deserve to be discounted
PadForce

Postby Rodimus Knight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am

Got my shipping confirmation today too, and better yet the price went down and I saved about 10 bucks.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Emerje » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm

PadForce wrote:Interesting to see if that happens as it hasnt with every figure.

Hasn't it? People were picking up Metroplex at Costco for around $60 (some claimed as low as $30), Devastator I think got down to $100 (maybe lower in some places), I remember Amazon having Fort Max down to $80 at times, and we all know about Trypticon at Ollie's. Sure, these aren't easily available to everyone, but there were some deep price cuts for people that could get them. Now that Target seems to be stepping up with Predaking my fear that Hasbro is going to lower the supply and therefore keep the price up have gone away.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby PadForce » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Ah,was speaking from a UK perspective, devastator and 'plex never got that low here (at least not near london) from what i saw.

I personally think Predaking is the best of the lot.. to me feels like a shame if a greast figure still ends on discount.. but hasbro will take what signasls they do from that.

Presumably doesnt matter that much to them if they all ended on discount in the US and they are still producing the titans. Looking forward to Scorpinok!
PadForce

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Remember, everyone. Hasbro doesn't put their products on discount. That's entirely the prerogative of the stores selling their products. Hasbro sells them to the stores at wholesale and suggests an MSRP. That's it. When these titan class products go on sale, it's because whoever bought them is trying to move excess stock and minimize loss on investment.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby PadForce » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Agreed, but presumably the stores putting stuff on discount will make them think about reducing their next order in size. Never worked in retail
PadForce

Postby shajaki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
The King has arrived to TRU.ca

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby PadForce » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:18 am

Are there any 3rd party upgrade kits for this guy that people are aware of?
PadForce

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
PadForce wrote:Are there any 3rd party upgrade kits for this guy that people are aware of?

Look at that timing! :-D
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby PadForce » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:25 am

Thanks
PadForce

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Really bummed about Predaking in-hand. Combined mode is pretty nice minus a few nitpicks like like of a sword and such, but the individual robot and animal modes for the Predacons themselves are rather abysmal and are a huge let down. I thought they'd grow on me after seeing them in person at Toy Fair, but there are just way too many problems with the individual modes. Biggest animal mode disappointment is the lack of tails on Rampage and Razorclaw. Toss in a lack of guns for most everyone, lack of swords for everyone, some poor paint jobs on at least one of their faces, and all of the animal modes looking extremely blocky because of the integrated Predaking parts, and I just have a really bummed feeling about the set as a whole. Add to the mix that I have been patiently waiting for this set as 3rd party companies whored out these characters, and I'm just bummed about the set! Sorry I don't have much positive to say other than Predaking himself is pretty awesome even if the individual Predacons are not. I hope the brand team understands that the individual characters in a Combiner are just as important as the Combiner itself. Feeling let down here!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Seibertron wrote:Really bummed about Predaking in-hand. Combined mode is pretty nice minus a few nitpicks like like of a sword and such, but the individual robot and animal modes for the Predacons themselves are rather abysmal and are a huge let down. I thought they'd grow on me after seeing them in person at Toy Fair, but there are just way too many problems with the individual modes. Biggest animal mode disappointment is the lack of tails on Rampage and Razorclaw. Toss in a lack of guns for most everyone, lack of swords for everyone, some poor paint jobs on at least one of their faces, and all of the animal modes looking extremely blocky because of the integrated Predaking parts, and I just have a really bummed feeling about the set as a whole. Add to the mix that I have been patiently waiting for this set as 3rd party companies whored out these characters, and I'm just bummed about the set! Sorry I don't have much positive to say other than Predaking himself is pretty awesome even if the individual Predacons are not. I hope the brand team understands that the individual characters in a Combiner are just as important as the Combiner itself. Feeling let down here!

Might not help too much, but wasn't Rampage's tail supposed to be made of his gun?

In general, I feel much the same was as you do. The set is growing on me however. I feel like that with the addition of Reprolabels and a few upgrade kits/parts, that this guy will be kind of solid in the end.

The compromises made in order to get a combiner out of the individuals are really pushing the limits of what is acceptable in my opinion though. I simply can't understand how Razorclaw wasn't upsized a bit to accommodate more of the gestalt parts and to take some of the burden off of Headstrong and Tantrum.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Counterpunch wrote:Might not help too much, but wasn't Rampage's tail supposed to be made of his gun?

Yes, but it looks ridiculous, and there is plenty of space where a proper tail could have been added.

Counterpunch wrote:In general, I feel much the same was as you do. The set is growing on me however. I feel like that with the addition of Reprolabels and a few upgrade kits/parts, that this guy will be kind of solid in the end.

This set needs a proper G1 sword and gun kit. However, I'm not into aftermarket accessories for my figures and just don't understand why a set like this couldn't just be done right in the first place.

Counterpunch wrote:The compromises made in order to get a combiner out of the individuals are really pushing the limits of what is acceptable in my opinion though. I simply can't understand how Razorclaw wasn't upsized a bit to accommodate more of the gestalt parts and to take some of the burden off of Headstrong and Tantrum.

I've been trying to figure out how I would have approached this differently from the end product. The individual figures were definitely sacrificed to make a fairly decent (though very small waisted) Predaking. I don't know where the upper legs would have come from for Predaking, but I would have been OK with removable pieces. I'd rather that than giant pillars hanging off of Tantrum and Headstrong's backsides. Integrating all of the combiner parts into the smaller figures seems to really make a lot of unnecessary compromises.

Metroplex and Trypticon were great figures. Fort Max suffered from missing accessories, but other than that was good. Devastator looked fantastic in combined mode, but the Hasbro version suffered from lack of elbow joints on a couple of the figures and a lack of guns for all of the smaller figures. Takara's Devastator had the proper joints and guns but was had too dark of a color scheme. Predaking feels like the worst parts of the previous Titan Class figures.

I'm frustrated after absolutely loving Trypticon last year to being really disappointed with Predaking especially with all of the hype and anticipation from the past 9 months for Predaking.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:31 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
While not authentic for the g1 experience (which I feel was something else that demanded sacrifices) maybe a possibility could have been a sixth member who was created out of all the parts needed for the gestalt (like the torso split apart for the upper legs etc)

Though some of this could have been mitigated if they had made razorclaw bigger. People would have complained but I feel that more still would have bought
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
One thing that gets me is how it's perfectly fine for hands and feet to be partforming, but everything else has to be crammed in.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman VENGEANCE OF BANE #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0223DC099 (CA) Fabry"
Batman VENGEANCE O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #405 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC212 (CA) Mazzucchelli (W) Miller"
BATMAN #405 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC804 123A"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC273 1B (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #407 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC216 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #407 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC211 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #357 Facsimile Edition Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0123DC123 357A"
BATMAN #357 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #129 Facsimile 2023 ptg Marvel Comics AUG230811 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #129 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 OCT230973 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240733 Bradshaw 240317D"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 54C (CA) Premiani"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0723DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON