This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Well we'll see what happens come Fall.

Great pics "TF-fan kev777" thanks for sharing! :APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 am

Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?

I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I'm curious, do people not have this guy yet or is there just nothing to say on him?

I think a lot of people are waiting out a sale come Black Friday time. You know, what I told myself I was going to do before my lack of willpower order him from Amazon.

I actually like him, flaws and all. I don't even regret paying full price like I did with Fort Max.

I've got to be honest about this, I hope he sells out before he goes to discount stores. Waiting for the inevitable Amazon sale is ok by me, but hoping for clearance on these figures is the way towards ensuring we don't get any more.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe

I plan to get him soon, but I'm trying to space some guys out, and Dinobot, the Falcon, and the Throne, I knew July into August would be hectic. And the G1 guys I got a few weeks ago didn't help, so I'm waiting till September for him, spacing figures out so they can get proper love from me
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

I've got to be honest about this, I hope he sells out before he goes to discount stores. Waiting for the inevitable Amazon sale is ok by me, but hoping for clearance on these figures is the way towards ensuring we don't get any more.

This.

What I've always been saying. Support the brand to ensure more of our plastic crack in the pipeline.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."

Still no confirmation on his availability in Australia.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Would that be so bad, though? I know these titan class figures have their fans, but I wonder how much they take away from the regular lines? I dunno.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
In all honesty, would people have minded so much if the standard size for Titan class had been the Devastator/Predaking height in the first place, rather than the 2+ feet tall height that Metroplex only had because of a shallow desire to make him taller than G1 Fort Max no matter what (a goal that was shortly undone when Fort Max himself took back the title of "tallest TF toy ever" when he got his own slightly-taller-than-Metroplex Titan figure)?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Would that be so bad, though? I know these titan class figures have their fans, but I wonder how much they take away from the regular lines? I dunno.

It's an official Hb product. So what does it take away? Unlike 3rd party products (which I also happen to own in very limited quantities)Just asking is all.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
fenrir72 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

It's an official Hb product. So what does it take away? Unlike 3rd party products (which I also happen to own in very limited quantities)Just asking is all.

Total budget for one. Though I suspect it's divided into -Master through Leader, Titan Class, then Exclusives with a set amount each. So eliminating Titan Class wouldn't really have a noticeable effect on the rest of the lines.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:In all honesty, would people have minded so much if the standard size for Titan class had been the Devastator/Predaking height in the first place, rather than the 2+ feet tall height that Metroplex only had because of a shallow desire to make him taller than G1 Fort Max no matter what (a goal that was shortly undone when Fort Max himself took back the title of "tallest TF toy ever" when he got his own slightly-taller-than-Metroplex Titan figure)?

Meanwhile, as you know, combiners came in at 18" only because of Masterpiece. Personally I'm happy with the way things turned out thanks to what was essentially two different vanity projects. Buying a Titan feels like an event and considering the much smaller size of figures I've bought at the same price it feels like money well spent. Until Trypticon came along I'd been buying the Japanese Titans so I'm definitely sold on the price-to-value ratio and have no regrets (aside from not owning Grand Max and Predaking yet). I doubt I'd have been happy with a Leader class Metroplex or Trypticon, though I can see an argument being made for a Leader class Fort Max or a foot tall Devastator and Predaking. But then I have to wonder if people would be happy with Deluxe Predcons?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Sabrblade wrote:In all honesty, would people have minded so much if the standard size for Titan class had been the Devastator/Predaking height in the first place, rather than the 2+ feet tall height that Metroplex only had because of a shallow desire to make him taller than G1 Fort Max no matter what (a goal that was shortly undone when Fort Max himself took back the title of "tallest TF toy ever" when he got his own slightly-taller-than-Metroplex Titan figure)?

Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnically you can make the argument Metroplex is still taller because of the shoulder cannons, with still go a ways over Fort Max's head.

And I wouldn't mind the price of Titans so much as long as they are actually good. The beast modes of the Predacons look bad, the bot modes ok, and the Predaking mode fantastic. but it still bums about the beast modes.

I do not mind the 3 cityformers as much because they are so tall or thick, and Metroplex was an event, I got him as my first purchase on Ebay at a time when Fall of Cybertron was still very fresh in my mind (and remains, in my opinion, the best continuity and story about the war together with WFC). Devastator and Predaking being shorter and regular thickness (not Tryp thick) means they should have more effort to their components, and that effort was lacking.

Besides, I love the titanformers. But I also do not feel bad about waiting for Fort Max on sale at all.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm not certain it was just the desire to market the tallest ever. I mean, that is probably 90% of the reason, but another is Metroplex scales very well with the legends class figures. If you shrunk him down to the same height as Devy and Predaking, then the areas in his legs and his gun positions in his should and wrist may not have worked right with the Legends class which was the smallest class at the time. (I'm not counting the target masters that came with the T30 legends as their own class).
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"

I don't have this guy yet.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby mordhelm » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Weapon: Electro-Sword
I have him. And honestly I find they made less compromises than Devastator.

That said, with a larger price point they definitely could have improved a few things. But, would the customers by and large accept paying $200 plus for the same size figure(s)?
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Have people who ordered from HTS gotten their Predakings in the mail yet? I remember ordering mine a while back, but never got. Not seeing in stock... and having issues logging back in now. Should I panic yet, or chill and wait? :KREMZEEK: >:oP
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby o.supreme » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
If you have your order number and shipping zipcode/postal code you should be able to track the order without logging in
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:30 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
I don't feel Predaking is worth the $150 price. In fact I don't feel any of the Hasbro released Titans were worth the price they initially went for. Just as an aside, ask GI Joe fans how "Supporting the brand" worked out for them.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10

Postby o.supreme » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I don't feel Predaking is worth the $150 price. In fact I don't feel any of the Hasbro released Titans were worth the price they initially went for. Just as an aside, ask GI Joe fans how "Supporting the brand" worked out for them.

Not disagreeing with you, but playing devil's advocate, maybe they didn't support the brand, which is why GI Joe is in the state it's in.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
o.supreme wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I don't feel Predaking is worth the $150 price. In fact I don't feel any of the Hasbro released Titans were worth the price they initially went for. Just as an aside, ask GI Joe fans how "Supporting the brand" worked out for them.

Not disagreeing with you, but playing devil's advocate, maybe they didn't support the brand, which is why GI Joe is in the state it's in.

They did and it still failed. It should've died years ago forcing Hasbro to do something different or leaving the memories alone.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
These are complicated matters though, but if hasbro had tried something different wouldn't that have alienated the fans further?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:These are complicated matters though, but if hasbro had tried something different wouldn't that have alienated the fans further?

The truth is there isn't enough of a fanbase to support a mass retail toyline. Inorder for action figures to be sold at $20-50 price points (mass retail price points), you have no choice but to use economies of scale, meaning making lots of toys. And even if every active fan buys one, it wont be enough since they at most make up 30% of the action figure market (so you have 70% unsold toys).

If you target kids and do new stuff (example would be recent TF movie lines and RID) you get that 70% and many old school fans could buy them too (which was the case). And look at the result, there is no shelfwarming Warrior RID Bumblebee anywhere and he was rereleased a ton of times.

Of course, there is a collectable market which could work (where you can make money selling fewer figures but at $100-500), but Hasbro doesnt veture there too much.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Holy. Fudge.

The past 2 hours have been an absolute BLAST!

For one thing, he is bigger than I thought. I have seen the reviews and comparisons and such, but I was not prepared for the mass and heft of the individual robot modes. The robots modes themselves are pretty fantastic, even if the beast modes are a bit crummy. I love the team together, and combining them is a lot like Devastator in terms of building and fun levels. If anything, he is a smidge more fun just because he does the torso stuff a bit cleaner and easier than Devy.

But he is so cool. He's big and imposing and the individuals are actually fun too. I don't mind having paid full price for him, he feels so worth it.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

They did and it still failed. It should've died years ago forcing Hasbro to do something different or leaving the memories alone.

Supporting the military propaganda (which G.I. Joe is) is kinda where Hb waffled. See what they did with the first 2 movies. Not to mention how waaaaaaaaay off their latest G.I. Joe products(in quality) are compared to their 80s counterparts! #-o

The 80s version wasn't ashamed of being a Real American Hero".

That aside, yup, economics is economics. Even for the MP line. Just remember what the corporate suits reminded the design team of UM. "Keep the costs down".

Takara aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Hb need to meet investors expectations when greenlighting such big projects. Especially with Takara, their 2017 to 2018 annual stockholders reports have them promising to cut down unsold inventories down to zero. Just google the report (bunch of boring stiff but that line stood out to me)

There was an article I posted related to how the action figure market environment is like in JP (for the adult collector). Especially the one on Arcadia aka Yamato with their Macross line.

Comparing this (Predaking) to JP lines like SoC is just gonna open your hearts to disappointment. :(
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926O"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 SEP200483 25A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics Movie Sequel 4RI 230323A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118B"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2RI Pitre-Durocher 230926X"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221750 4RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON