This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Agent 53 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 am

It looks like the moviveverse line is finally on the recovery from AOE's dark times, Megs, Bee and Jazz are definitely in my targeting sights, and the leaders. They look Superb.
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby dragons » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Ah, as I hoped. His feet were mistransformed in the last few pictures I saw. This looks good! I'll allow it!

:roll: :roll: mistransformation Nooo :roll: :roll: :roll:

not end of world if you plan buying him before these where posted what does it matter if he’s transformed properly or not paintings are not painted properly Picasso’s paintings worked up over toy you won’t like picasos paintings toy over work of art

Nice looking figure over original figure from first time he was released
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:11 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay, in these new pics, the gray doesn't look so dull and bland, looking rather decent instead.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:28 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:So I got Thundercracker who for some reason is a Studio Series figure.

He even comes with a backdrop.

MDM_14-11-2012_ROP_02_MKY101112fire10.1_fct1024x630x89_ct677x380.jpg

Did you seriously get one? I am laughing at this, bad as it may be, but I'm hoping you did find one. I really want to find one, and the local TRUs don't have him

Yeah I got one. I wasn't even planning to, but then I wondered how limited their release might be and figured I better get one now rather than skip it and regret it. I like the mold, even if he still has that issue with the legs not tabbing properly (plus he's still TR compatible)

I like to keep the wings untransformed on him on robot mode, for a more seekery look and to differentiate him from Nitro.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:02 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I am totally on board with that Megatron and adding him into my shrine.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby kriksix » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 am

oh. don't know now. the stock photo had me a t a definite 'no'. but now..

will I never learn..?
kriksix
Minibot

Postby Spider5800 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:49 am

Not a fan of the little guns on his back (Did his tank mode even have those in the film? Don't remember them), but otherwise looks great. Probably still won't grab it, I have no need for ANOTHER voyager movie Megs, but if I didn't have 5 already, i'd totally grab this. :lol:
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Shuttershock » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 pm

All things told, there are worse things than for Megatron to be grey. And he does look pretty good regardless.

Still, it is a shame they couldn’t spring for silver, considering the price jump and pomp and circumstance going into the Studio Series line.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Octobotimus » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Motto: "When Life gives you oranges, you make lemonade!"
Weapon: Solar-Powered Vibro-Cannons
Spider5800 wrote:Not a fan of the little guns on his back (Did his tank mode even have those in the film? Don't remember them), but otherwise looks great. Probably still won't grab it, I have no need for ANOTHER voyager movie Megs, but if I didn't have 5 already, i'd totally grab this. :lol:

All you need to do is sell 1 then buy this one in its place
Octobotimus
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Octobotimus on eBay
Alt Mode: attack helicopter
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
He looks great! He will be a great Megatron to go alongside my other 5 voyagers, so I will have 1 of the same size class from all 5 movies and the alternate universe!!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
English video review or Grimlock in ENGLISH.

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

English Review for Transformers Studio Series Leader Grimlock

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
While we have had plenty of in-hand images and a chinese Transformation review of the upcoming Studio Series Grimlock, we have yet to see an English review of the highly anticipated figure. Well, thanks to a heads up from Kanrabat, we have a new English review, coming to you from Benscollectables on Youtube!

The new video reviews is about 13 minutes long and gives us a good in-depth look at the new figure. Now a few things to note: Benscollectables says it himself: he is not usually a Hasbro/Takara person, but the figure impressed him greatly with its looks and its paintwork, both of which have been noted to be quite impressive. Also important to note is that the Dino mode is the weaker of the 2 modes, and certain angles do show some gaps in the armor, but Benscollectables still says it is quite awesome. The transformation, as we've seen before, bears some resemblance to fellow movie Dinobot Scorn and Beast Wars Megatron, just with knight armor and shoulder mounted spiked T-Rex heads.

Check out the video below, and let us know what you think of one of the most highly anticipated Transformers figures of the year!

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 pm

This guy is just so... incredible. I am in love with this figure
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Grimlock is a bit smaler than I imagined from all the earlier photos comparing him to others in the line. He still ends up being average height for a leader and smaller than the previous ones from ROTF

Blackout is quite small by comparison.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh, poo. I was hoping Grim and Blackout (or at least just Grim) would be BIG. :(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Spider5800 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:05 am

william-james88 wrote:Grimlock is a bit smaler than I imagined from all the earlier photos comparing him to others in the line. He still ends up being average height for a leader and smaller than the previous ones from ROTF

Yeah, they're shrunk down just like all Transformers have shrunk since the DotM line onward. About what I was expecting, honestly, roughly same height as current Leader's and shorter than original movie and RotF/HftD leaders.

I'm fine with it, he'd still look fairly in scale with AoE and TLK voyagers, which are better than any of the leaders that came out those lines anyway IMO.

Blackout is still a massive improvement over the first movie voyager and he's still in scale with other stuff from this specific line, so i'll live with it. I'll still probably put him on my movie Decepticon shelf with leader's Megatron, Starscream and Brawl.

Now we just need a voyager or leader Bonecrusher to round out the 1st movie cast (I have the deluxe, but that's pathetically out of scale). Still kind of surprised they didn't do that instead of another Brawl figure.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Big Grim » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:39 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Gotta admit, that Grimlock is seriously tempting!
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
That Grimlock is incredibly cool
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I am amazed at the fact that this leader Grimlock looks amazing in both modes, has awesome paint apps, and a cool range of motion including a ball jointed head, full ankle movement, and WAIST ROTATION ON A HASBRO RETAIL LEADER FIGURE!!! :michaelbay: I will definitely get this figure the moment I see it and gladly pay full price for this Grimlock. Thank you Has/Tak and continue to make amazing figures like this! :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: ;)^
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:17 am

Spider5800 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Grimlock is a bit smaler than I imagined from all the earlier photos comparing him to others in the line. He still ends up being average height for a leader and smaller than the previous ones from ROTF

Yeah, they're shrunk down just like all Transformers have shrunk since the DotM line onward. About what I was expecting, honestly, roughly same height as current Leader's and shorter than original movie and RotF/HftD leaders.

I'm fine with it, he'd still look fairly in scale with AoE and TLK voyagers, which are better than any of the leaders that came out those lines anyway IMO.

Blackout is still a massive improvement over the first movie voyager and he's still in scale with other stuff from this specific line, so i'll live with it. I'll still probably put him on my movie Decepticon shelf with leader's Megatron, Starscream and Brawl.

Now we just need a voyager or leader Bonecrusher to round out the 1st movie cast (I have the deluxe, but that's pathetically out of scale). Still kind of surprised they didn't do that instead of another Brawl figure.

I have to think Bonecrusher is in the pipeline, assuming Studio Series does well enough for more waves. Much like a SS Ironhide, I assume he’d be either a big Deluxe or a small but bulky Voyager.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby dragons » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm

articluation is pretty much same waste of time to show it off for repaints, except for trasnfomartion i see no change in figure except its repaint small minor trasnfomration details not bad figure beter from original colors on original figures that was released
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:53 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Just checked out a nearby Meijers and they had the entire wave 1 (even the leaders) except Optimus. I only picked up Bumblebee, but the others were there!

The picture's kinda crappy, but you can see Grimlock down at the bottom, Blackout's behind him.
IMG_4391.JPG
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby avarathriul » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Motto: "If it ain't broke, brake it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
i am going to need a cup
avarathriul
Mini-Con
Buy from avarathriul on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:06 pm

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Just checked out a nearby Meijers and they had the entire wave 1 (even the leaders) except Optimus. I only picked up Bumblebee, but the others were there!

The picture's kinda crappy, but you can see Grimlock down at the bottom, Blackout's behind him.
IMG_4391.JPG

If you can give us a location, like state and city wise, in a PM or a news email (see my sig), we can news this! it's the first North American leader sighting!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
It's been a while since I was genuinely exited for a Movie leader!

Man, dat Grimlock! I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it immediately, especially at full price. I have an online purchase to do so choices have to be made. Let's hope there will be plenty to go around like TLK voyager Grimlock was.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #7 RI 1:10 Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Zama"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2019 JUL190687 1B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220489 41RI (CA) Samu"
TRANSFORMERS #41 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #2 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210481 30RI (CA) Shepherd (W)Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926P"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 16A (CA) Guidi"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18A DEC190650"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #12 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915K"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight RAMJET RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Musso 231208R"
Transformers Spotl ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON