Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Overcracker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Forgot about Crowbar. Yes he's ostensibly the same Suburban mold with minor mods to the transformation.

I don't quite see Ratchet as being the same as the old Deluxe Ratchet. It may look similar, but many things end up in different places, and many many molding differences, as well as difference in how the torso transforms for me to consider that the same mold.

And yes, obviously thundercracker is just repainted from Nitro with a new head.

So o.k, not all are new molds. 10 out of the 13 figures are definitely new molds.
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5278
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Somewhere south of the Border...
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Is it weird that the display stands make me feel more compelled to buy more from this series than multi-figure gimmicks like Combiners ever have? Hm, it sounds weird when I typed it out just now but I think cos the figures themselves aren't affected by it in any way (most combiner figures I often feel get sacrificed in some way for the gimmick, particularly the dinobots) but to display them all in their supplied stands makes me want more cos they look gorgeous on my shelf but I don't absolutely have to so I don't feel forced. That's just my opinion and tastes though. :)


Overcracker still missing a G1 Hot Rod in that bold firey sig image. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3552
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby nycPrime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone clarify the difference between the Studio Series and the MB line from Takara? Based on some google research, I think SS are slightly new molds that are influenced by old molds, and MB are redecos of old molds? Is that correct? Despite geared for different markets, this all still seems a bit redundant.

2. What's going to happen with SS Thundercracker? I imagine distribution will be poor with him...
nycPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1079
News Credits: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
nycPrime wrote:Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone clarify the difference between the Studio Series and the MB line from Takara? Based on some google research, I think SS are slightly new molds that are influenced by old molds, and MB are redecos of old molds? Is that correct? Despite geared for different markets, this all still seems a bit redundant.
Movie the Best is nothing but old molds and Takara-only. Studio Series is a whole new beast and shared between Hasbro and Takara.

nycPrime wrote:2. What's going to happen with SS Thundercracker? I imagine distribution will be poor with him...
He's a TRU exclusive, but the timing of his release couldn't have been worse since he came out right when all U.S. TRUs are closing and no longer taking orders of new product from Hasbro or anyone. Not every TRU placed orders for Thundercracker since some stores were set to close when others weren't, before it was decided that all of them would be closing.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35357
News Credits: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Overcracker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
nycPrime wrote:Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone clarify the difference between the Studio Series and the MB line from Takara? Based on some google research, I think SS are slightly new molds that are influenced by old molds, and MB are redecos of old molds? Is that correct? Despite geared for different markets, this all still seems a bit redundant.

2. What's going to happen with SS Thundercracker? I imagine distribution will be poor with him...


1. Movie the best are repaints, and re-releases of old molds. Its exclusive to Takara, and was in the works long before Studio series was even a thing.

Studio series is a joint effort between Hasbro and Takara, with both releasing the exact same figures. As said, mostly new molds, a couple of molds based on older engineering, and 1 repaint with a new head Thundercracker.


2. Thundercracker, is likely going to be a pain to find, and unscrupulous types are going to have a feel day with whatever they can find of him.

Already going for $100 on Amazon, don't expect to see it get better. In areas where TRU is not yet closed down, expect the amount of him to be found to be sold out fast. Decent mold, great paint scheme, interesting head, and exclusive to a dying chain... not a pretty picture.

Studio Series Thundercracker - Amazon.com $99.99
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5278
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Somewhere south of the Border...
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Overcracker wrote:2. Thundercracker, is likely going to be a pain to find, and unscrupulous types are going to have a feel day with whatever they can find of him.

Already going for $100 on Amazon, don't expect to see it get better. In areas where TRU is not yet closed down, expect the amount of him to be found to be sold out fast. Decent mold, great paint scheme, interesting head, and exclusive to a dying chain... not a pretty picture.

Studio Series Thundercracker - Amazon.com $99.99


There are cheaper options than that for thundercracker

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/THUNDERCRACKER- ... Swve1ayR4G
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 28259
News Credits: 3202
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby transformers_va » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Spider5800 wrote:I only have one problem with mine, and unfortunately it's kind of a big one. The hinge on the back "skirt" on mine is extremely loose. Not a big deal in bot mode, but in beast mode it's just supposed to fold up under the tail and stay put, there's no pegs or anything for it, and mine keeps flopping down and giving him an ugly butt flap.

It's rubbery plastic, so I've kind of half-fixed it by folding the tips of the skirt over the top of some of the spikes on his tail to hold it in place, but I'm worried over time that will warp the plastic. Anyone having a similar issue?


I have the exact same issue with mine. I've been tucking the skirt (folded) into the slot where the tail comes out of the mace, and it holds. Unfortunate though, a simple peg underneath could have solved this issue.
User avatar
transformers_va
Fuzor
Posts: 216
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:46 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Overcracker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
There are cheaper options than that for thundercracker

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/THUNDERCRACKER- ... Swve1ayR4G


Good to know. That's probably the best price it will have. ;)^
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5278
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Somewhere south of the Border...
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby nycPrime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Oh ok, didn't realize Studio Series was a collaboration between Takara and Hasbro. I see the logic of a SS Jetfire being less likely given the MB-16 release.
nycPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1079
News Credits: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
nycPrime wrote:Oh ok, didn't realize Studio Series was a collaboration between Takara and Hasbro. I see the logic of a SS Jetfire being less likely given the MB-16 release.
Why? Movie the Best has no bearing on Studio Series. Movie the Best even began long before Studio Series was a even thing, starting even before The Last Knight's toyline began. Movie the Best isn't even being sold in Hasbro markets. Takara does their own things on their own while Hasbro does theirs with Takara just like always.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35357
News Credits: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby nycPrime » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
nycPrime wrote:Oh ok, didn't realize Studio Series was a collaboration between Takara and Hasbro. I see the logic of a SS Jetfire being less likely given the MB-16 release.
Why? Movie the Best has no bearing on Studio Series. Movie the Best even began long before Studio Series was a even thing, starting even before The Last Knight's toyline began. Movie the Best isn't even being sold in Hasbro markets. Takara does their own things on their own while Hasbro does theirs with Takara just like always.

I have no idea how the toy industry or Takara works. If Takara had plans for Jetfire or any other figure for that matter, then it'll probably be released independent of anything in the SS line. Without having that insight, I'm presuming that the odds seem less likely Takara would release 2 of the same characters with similar (though technically different) molds. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I think I'm in the market for a movie Jetfire, and the MB version is a bit more than I'm comfortable with paying.
nycPrime
Headmaster
Posts: 1079
News Credits: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: NYC
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
nycPrime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
nycPrime wrote:Oh ok, didn't realize Studio Series was a collaboration between Takara and Hasbro. I see the logic of a SS Jetfire being less likely given the MB-16 release.
Why? Movie the Best has no bearing on Studio Series. Movie the Best even began long before Studio Series was a even thing, starting even before The Last Knight's toyline began. Movie the Best isn't even being sold in Hasbro markets. Takara does their own things on their own while Hasbro does theirs with Takara just like always.

I have no idea how the toy industry or Takara works. If Takara had plans for Jetfire or any other figure for that matter, then it'll probably be released independent of anything in the SS line. Without having that insight, I'm presuming that the odds seem less likely Takara would release 2 of the same characters with similar (though technically different) molds. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I think I'm in the market for a movie Jetfire, and the MB version is a bit more than I'm comfortable with paying.
Takara's releasing everything from Studio Series that Hasbro is so far (minus Thundercracker), including all the same characters in the same bodies that they already released in Movie the Best: Ratchet, Jazz, ROTF Megatron, ROTF Optimus, Starscream, Grimlock, Lockdown, etc.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35357
News Credits: 385
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 pm

While I love the figure and its a day 1 buy, I'm still pissed that the first Megatron we got for SS was from RotF when its the Movie 1 design that has never gotten anything close to a proper toy.
I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
Posts: 201
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:15 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:While I love the figure and its a day 1 buy, I'm still pissed that the first Megatron we got for SS was from RotF when its the Movie 1 design that has never gotten anything close to a proper toy.

I thought that was down to people complaining about Megatron's design from the first movie? Hence why each movie he's appeared in so far, he's had a different look. Also the studio series has taken characters and versions of them from across the live action movies. Actually I think this megs might be the only RotF representation we have for now.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12574
News Credits: 1076
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Lore Keeper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 am

I just got the wave 1 Voyagers and Leaders yesterday (review incoming :-D ), and I love them.However, I have an issue with my Grimlock. The coattails/flap that forms the underside of his tail sits too loosely on the hinge for the friction to overcome gravity. This results in it just hanging down to the ground in his beast mode. For such an amazing figure, this is a huge let down. I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem?
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 828
News Credits: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Lore Keeper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:While I love the figure and its a day 1 buy, I'm still pissed that the first Megatron we got for SS was from RotF when its the Movie 1 design that has never gotten anything close to a proper toy.

I thought that was down to people complaining about Megatron's design from the first movie? Hence why each movie he's appeared in so far, he's had a different look. Also the studio series has taken characters and versions of them from across the live action movies. Actually I think this megs might be the only RotF representation we have for now.

Optimus is ROTF too, specifically from the forest battle scene.
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 828
News Credits: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:48 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Lore Keeper wrote:I just got the wave 1 Voyagers and Leaders yesterday (review incoming :-D ), and I love them.However, I have an issue with my Grimlock. The coattails/flap that forms the underside of his tail sits too loosely on the hinge for the friction to overcome gravity. This results in it just hanging down to the ground in his beast mode. For such an amazing figure, this is a huge let down. I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem?


I don't have the figure yet don't know what the hinge part looks like but the usual tricks to stiffen loose joints (for example with nail polish) might work? I've used it on many a loose part whether an old action figure that had gotten super floppy over the years, or a modern action figure with QC issue.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3552
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Lore Keeper wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:While I love the figure and its a day 1 buy, I'm still pissed that the first Megatron we got for SS was from RotF when its the Movie 1 design that has never gotten anything close to a proper toy.

I thought that was down to people complaining about Megatron's design from the first movie? Hence why each movie he's appeared in so far, he's had a different look. Also the studio series has taken characters and versions of them from across the live action movies. Actually I think this megs might be the only RotF representation we have for now.

Optimus is ROTF too, specifically from the forest battle scene.

I don't know why, but I thought he was DotM
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
Posts: 12574
News Credits: 1076
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know why, but I thought he was DotM



Needs his extra toned abs for DotM. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3552
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Great, now I want a DotM Prime with his trailer. That would probably be a leader class...
I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
Posts: 201
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Great, now I want a DotM Prime with his trailer. That would probably be a leader class...


That could be cool. Could be a voyager Prime likely slightly retooled from the current Studio figure to stay in scale but sold closer to Leader price point to have a big trailer that houses his attachable flight pack and a ton of badass weaponry. Don't want the whole trailer becoming the flight pack (or crazy angel thing like that Ultimate Optimus Prime figure) but just open up to be a total weapons rack and display piece all the other autobots can grab heavier firepower if they need it.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3552
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby skycutter » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Motto: "Time to slice and dice"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
(this is for the people wondering why we got a new toy for ROFT megatron but not 2007 movie megatron) i think they gave us ROFT megatron in studio series because of the game forged to fight, which has ROFT megatron in it, and kid who don't really watch the movie's might play the game, and want a toy of that megatron, other than 2007 version
skycutter
Micromaster
Posts: 67
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:06 pm
Watch skycutter on YouTube
Alt Mode: Jet
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 5
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
skycutter wrote:(this is for the people wondering why we got a new toy for ROFT megatron but not 2007 movie megatron) i think they gave us ROFT megatron in studio series because of the game forged to fight, which has ROFT megatron in it, and kid who don't really watch the movie's might play the game, and want a toy of that megatron, other than 2007 version


Another reason: have you seen what Megatron changes into in the 2007 movie? How would they even engineer that without tucking the legs under the wings?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18463
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:24 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
skycutter wrote:(this is for the people wondering why we got a new toy for ROFT megatron but not 2007 movie megatron) i think they gave us ROFT megatron in studio series because of the game forged to fight, which has ROFT megatron in it, and kid who don't really watch the movie's might play the game, and want a toy of that megatron, other than 2007 version


Another reason: have you seen what Megatron changes into in the 2007 movie? How would they even engineer that without tucking the legs under the wings?


Considering what they've pulled off with this line in regards to Grimlock and especially Blackout, I have faith in Takara/Hasbro to pull a rabbit out of the hat, so to speak.
I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
Posts: 201
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Spider5800 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:I just got the wave 1 Voyagers and Leaders yesterday (review incoming :-D ), and I love them.However, I have an issue with my Grimlock. The coattails/flap that forms the underside of his tail sits too loosely on the hinge for the friction to overcome gravity. This results in it just hanging down to the ground in his beast mode. For such an amazing figure, this is a huge let down. I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem?


Yeah, a couple of us are having the same issue:

transformers_va wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:I only have one problem with mine, and unfortunately it's kind of a big one. The hinge on the back "skirt" on mine is extremely loose. Not a big deal in bot mode, but in beast mode it's just supposed to fold up under the tail and stay put, there's no pegs or anything for it, and mine keeps flopping down and giving him an ugly butt flap.

It's rubbery plastic, so I've kind of half-fixed it by folding the tips of the skirt over the top of some of the spikes on his tail to hold it in place, but I'm worried over time that will warp the plastic. Anyone having a similar issue?


I have the exact same issue with mine. I've been tucking the skirt (folded) into the slot where the tail comes out of the mace, and it holds. Unfortunate though, a simple peg underneath could have solved this issue.


It's weird, because the instructions make it look like it should just fold up under the tail and stay in place, but that joint is so wide and the rubber is so heavy I don't get how it could possibly do that. Even if it wasn't so loose, it would get worn out really quick. Makes me think there's a missing step in the instructions, or there was some kind of last minute change from regular plastic to rubber and they didn't properly account for the extra weight.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
User avatar
Spider5800
Fuzor
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:39 am

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
Twincast / Podcast #280:
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Sky Lynx Opened WFC Earthrise WFC-E24 Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Scrapface New Takara Tomy Damage Pkg" on EBAY
Buy "IDW: ROM VS. TRANSFORMERS: SHINING ARMOR #3: NM CONDITION: COVER C" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 39 Deluxe Class "Cogman", Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War Cybertron Deluxe Fan Vote 3 Pack Amazon Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE 2007 DELUXE CLASS WRECKAGE INCOMPLETE" on EBAY