This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Ok I'm gonna have to buy Grimlock now and also that new DNA Design upgrade kit with the two posable hands, actual spikey mace on chain and new tail and other such additions.

What's the cheapest that Grimlock retails for in the UK?
So far the cheapest I can find is £52.99 with free delivery here
https://www.mad-4-toys.co.uk/shopbychar ... ock_figure

Thats a rather fair price, considering it includes taxes (and no shipping) and that thats around the same MSRP of previous leaders even though this line has gotten a price increase in most international markets.

Hm thought it might be good. Yeah £54.99 seems to be price of Leader class whether movie or Power of the Primes/Titans Return (the Forbidden Planet store I was in today had PotP Optimus and Rodimus Prime and Titans Sixshot for £54.99 each. They had Studio Bee and Ratchet for £22.99 each) so I might go with this online retailer for Grimmy then.

Photo of Sixshot, Ratchet & Bee. Sixshot overpriced especially since he's been spotted (by myself and others) for as low as £14.99 in B&M stores while stocks lasted.

So Leader Grimlock for a couple quid less than retail price and actually sent to me for free? Sounds like a good deal.
Wish I knew the price of the Grimlock upgrade kit and which UK online retailers will have it. But yeah maybe I'll be ordering Grimlock real soon. Thanks. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby X3ROhour » Wed May 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

why?
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Autobot Roadburn wrote:To be honest though I'll probably grab one of these guys if I see him. He looks alright, I love the mold already and I'm trying to go completist on the line as it is. Now if I can just modify the one I have to fold his backpack up like the masked Prime in the pictures I'll be all set.

Doesn't require any modding. Just alternate transformation. Just tried it with mine the blue panel (with the fuel tanky things which I find super annoying in regular transformation but nicely tidied in this alternate way) do fold inwards if pushed hard enough

I like it but not if storing the swords on the back since obviously they'll stick out at an angle that way.

I didn't want to force the plastic and risk stressing it so I cut down the right angles on the blue plastic that were the problem. Just used an X-acto knife, took me 5 minutes. Definitely an improvement in my eyes; the backpack sticks out a little more but it really improves his silhouette from the front.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Z3ROhour wrote:Possible Second Run of Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee

why?

Do you just read titles and not the articles?

fixing some of the quality concerns that affected the figure in the first place: loose joints, loose window attachment, loose feet, among others.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed May 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Autobot Roadburn wrote:I didn't want to force the plastic and risk stressing it so I cut down the right angles on the blue plastic that were the problem. Just used an X-acto knife, took me 5 minutes. Definitely an improvement in my eyes; the backpack sticks out a little more but it really improves his silhouette from the front.

It did feel oddly satisfying the way they felt when being pushed inwards... I dunno how to explain it.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby NeonPrime » Wed May 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Motto: "Believe in nothing and you'll fall for anything."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Personally I prefer my Optimus masked ;)
NeonPrime
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Following up on some of the "Dreads" talk from earlier, I finally got around to opening up Studio Series Crowbar. I'm quite impressed, overall. The vehicle mode shell is almost identical to TLK Berserker, but almost all of the robot mode parts are different. One huge improvement with Crowbar is that none of the vehicle panels pop off the robot mode limbs during transformation (or otherwise). It is a bit sad that the dreadlocks just kind of hang out the back of the vehicle mode like cans on strings for a "just married" couple driving away to their honeymoon. The robot feet are also pretty clearly visible in the back wheel wells in vehicle mode. I'd like to see this improved level of engineering on the mold used to make the other two Dreads down the line. Or maybe they can reshell Crowbar with a run-down VW bus alt-mode for a later wave and give us a proper "Dreadbot?"
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 am

Wolfman Jake wrote: I'm quite impressed, overall. The vehicle mode shell is almost identical to TLK Berserker, but almost all of the robot mode parts are different. One huge improvement with Crowbar is that none of the vehicle panels pop off the robot mode limbs during transformation (or otherwise).

Think I got lucky with my Berserker. It's had a lot of play and transforming and slighty painting and a lot of Toyhax stickers applied and never had any part pop off even when trying to 'force' it. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Now that I finally got my Grimlock, here's my thoughts:

OH.

MY.

GOD.

:shock:

This is a MASTERPIECE disguised as a mainline figure! The sculpting is perfect. The paint is freaking PREMIUM. The engineering is simple yet damn effective. It was damn expensive at 80 leaf dollars and a half. But man, I don't regret it one bit. HasTak knocked it out of the park with that one!

On a side note, the "skirt-flap" on mine is pretty tight and hold itself in place perfectly.

I don't remember having seen this on the thread but here's Grimlock in his bubble. He's so big that he have to take a pretty funny pose in packajing. It's a great idea because it make for a smaller box and happier retailers.

GENERATIONS OF GRIMLOCKS!

Overal conclusion: GET IT NAO!
SS Grimlock is a figure that is worth not waiting for a sale. ;)^
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
So far, I haven't gotten any of the Studio Series figures yet, though it's looking like only the Leaders really appeal to me enough to want to get them, but not necessarily because of their depictions in the films, but because of my possibly wanting to repurpose them as Beast Wars: Uprising characters.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:So far, I haven't gotten any of the Studio Series figures yet, though it's looking like only the Leaders really appeal to me enough to want to get them, but not necessarily because of their depictions in the films, but because of my possibly wanting to repurpose them as Beast Wars: Uprising characters.

Voyager Optimus Prime is a quite a mixed bag: great transformation but skimps on a lot of the details in sculpt and paint. Don't let that throw you off the Voyager size class, though, because Starscream is fantastic! Seriously, even if you only kinda tolerate Starscream, this is the best version at this size we've ever gotten. Everything about the figure is terrific.

Also, I know a lot of people are down on the Deluxes of wave 1 of the Studio Series, but none of them are "bad" figures to me at all. They're not flawless, but I'm still quite happy to have them in my collection.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu May 10, 2018 11:29 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
This is a MASTERPIECE disguised as a mainline figure! ^

I dunno if it quite masterpiece as it is but the DNA Design upgrade kit sure looks like making it such.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 am

Fine fine fine ordered me a damn grimlock. Ain't like I need to eat or pay my bills.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 11, 2018 12:49 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Fine fine fine ordered me a damn grimlock. Ain't like I need to eat or pay my bills.

Those are never important when you have a plastic crack addiction :lol: on a side note how much is the dna set going to cost then? I love the look of gridlock as it is but the upgrade looks even nicer still but if it doubles the cost then I'm out...I mean I've got some beastie masterpieces to save up for
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Fine fine fine ordered me a damn grimlock. Ain't like I need to eat or pay my bills.

Those are never important when you have a plastic crack addiction :lol: on a side note how much is the dna set going to cost then? I love the look of gridlock as it is but the upgrade looks even nicer still but if it doubles the cost then I'm out...I mean I've got some beastie masterpieces to save up for

Way I'm justifying it, is I feel empty and down and I'm either gonna buy toys or I'm gonna buy a whole ton of fatty food and one of those choices is easily undone (if necessary I can resell toys, but it's a lot tougher to get rid of all the fat gained by the foods). So yep, paid my £52.99 and shall await my huge dino toy. And yes I do need to know how much the DNA upgrade will be cos it does appear to fix all the main issues I have with the factory figure (such as giving it two hands! And a spikey ball where the spikes haven't been safety-zones to hell) and I won't be able to be happy with the figure without it. And I don't have any beastie masterpieces to save up for... i suppose this IS the beastie masterpiece i'm saving up for...

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 am

£54 isn't bad since I bet they would be higher should they appear on UK shelves (I'm not holding my breath on anything bigger than the deluxes appearing as UK distribution, as we both know, is pants)

Either way this is going to be the best version of grimlock we're going to get for a while. Well best version of this character. Who knows when we'll see him again on the big screen now
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 am

ZeroWolf wrote:£54 isn't bad since I bet they would be higher should they appear on UK shelves (I'm not holding my breath on anything bigger than the deluxes appearing as UK distribution, as we both know, is pants)

Smyths sell Voyager Prime and Starscream in stores. And yeah £52.99 with free delivery for Grimmy was cheapest i could find.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Display Images of Transformers Studio Series Brawl and Megatron

Postby Va'al » Fri May 11, 2018 1:50 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Thanks to Japanese sites covering the Shibuoka event - in this case Figsoku and AmiAmi.net - which has brought us reveals of the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron among others (see more here), we also have some nice images of the Studio Series line releases for Decepticons Brawl and Megatron, respectively in their 2007 live-action movie incarnation, and the Revenge of the Fallen one.

Check the images out below, taken at the display area at the event, and compare them to previously seen in-package and in hand shots here - what do you think? Are you excited for the release? Let us know in the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Display Images of Transformers Studio Series Brawl and Megatron

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 1:51 am

I'mma need that Megatron now.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Bucky » Fri May 11, 2018 2:02 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Brawl is growing on me. That Megatron is an absolute must.

The SS line has really rekindled my appreciation for some of the movie designs.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Fri May 11, 2018 2:47 am

The Megatron is really growing me. I'm not 100% sold on Brawl (Devastator XD) but.... I think like I caved on Starscream in person... something will happen with Brawl.

I still can't bring myself to buy Ratchet though. I know folks keep saying his paint is sufficient in vehicle mode, but robot mode (and especially his face) feel so... bland.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Re: Display Images of Transformers Studio Series Brawl and Megatron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri May 11, 2018 3:15 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'mma need that Megatron now.

Him and Jazz are the next ones that I'm gonna get at FULL price when they hit selves. So far I got Thundercracker, Starscream, and Grimlock. ALL paid full MSRP. It's been a while since a series made me buy everything full price. I usually wait until a sale or clearance before I buy...............
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 3:42 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'mma need that Megatron now.

Him and Jazz are the next ones that I'm gonna get at FULL price when they hit selves. So far I got Thundercracker, Starscream, and Grimlock. ALL paid full MSRP. It's been a while since a series made me buy everything full price. I usually wait until a sale or clearance before I buy...............

I want Jazz very muchly too but not sure I should buy him at same time as Megatron or something may happen like for example open the box to find Megatron has gotten out of his packaging and ripped Jazz in half. :O

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 11, 2018 4:24 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:£54 isn't bad since I bet they would be higher should they appear on UK shelves (I'm not holding my breath on anything bigger than the deluxes appearing as UK distribution, as we both know, is pants)

Smyths sell Voyager Prime and Starscream in stores. And yeah £52.99 with free delivery for Grimmy was cheapest i could find.

Well I stand corrected, hmm getting to my local symths is a pain but been a while since I've physically hunted for anything. I know others aren't fond of him but I like prime.

As for these new pictures...why are they trying to make me get these toys when I want all of them but can only afford a few :BOOM:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 11, 2018 4:37 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Well I stand corrected, hmm getting to my local symths is a pain but been a while since I've physically hunted for anything. I know others aren't fond of him but I like prime.

Prime certainly has flaws but I do like it (especially after I've begun customising it somewhat). Even having got a (likely an incredibly good KO going by the price) Revenge Optimus Prime (Takara repaint of the old Battle Blades Voyager figure) this week I still like SS Prime a lot too. Revenge looks immediately more accurate (especially since it's far better painted) but there are some things it does better and some that the SS figure does better. Also I find the SS figure feels more solid and less fiddly than the Revenge figure can be. I'm glad to have both though.

And yeah I've not actually seen a Smyths shop myself and still hoping one moves into the closed Toys R Us building in Cambridge but a friend of mine I talk to about toy stuff on DeviantArt (I wish he'd get a twitter or instagram set up cos i barely use DA these days) mentioned them being in there and buying some and they are both on the Smyths website too (as is the 10th Anniversary version of the 2007 Leader Prime curiously enough). Out of the actual physical shops left in UK that sell Transformers, Smyths do seem to be among the best, if not the number one. Don't know if they'll stock Studio Leaders though.

Their website has a Studio category and also £5 off when you spend £20? That sounds too good to be true.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toy ... dio-series

cheeky using a Starscream stock photo where he has the buzzsaw this version doesn't have. :O

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0823IM478 5C (CA) Manhanini"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover RI-A IDW Comics 2020 NOV190608 5RIA (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #50 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 4B (CA) Burcham"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Target: 2006 #5 Cvr RI-B 1:15 IDW Comics 2007 Best UK Retro 140204A"
Transformers Targe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM898 (CA) Reilly"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 1C 1123IM199 (CA) Boss"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON