This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby EagleBot13 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Personally I have not problem with how small he is. I feel the thing with his size is similar to what hasbro does with marvel legends. In a single wave of marvel legends you might get a smaller figure with fewer accessories but you also get a giant baf and maybe a larger normal release as well. Studio series may not have the baf but it does have some much larger figures for their size class, such as Leader Grimlock, voyager Starscrean, or Deluxe Ratchet.
EagleBot13
Micromaster
Watch EagleBot13 on YouTube
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Video Review of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Lockdown

Postby Qwan » Fri May 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Fellow Seibertronian PrimeVsPrime has once again reached out to us, and graced us with another video review for the Deluxe-class Lockdown from the second wave of Studio Series figures. Alongside posing and transformation, we get a great look at the extensive detail adorning his robot and vehicle modes, as well as comparisons to the previous Age of Extinction Deluxe Lockdown and the other Studio Series figures released so far.

Of course, we want to hear your opinions too! Do you have Lockdown yet too? If you do, let us know what you think of this toy by posting in the Energon Pub Forums - or if you've only seen the review, tell us what you're most anticipating about it!

In this review, I take yet another look at the latest entry into the Studio Series line, that being the Studio Series Lockdown! I showcase the figure in both his robot-mode as well as his vehicle-mode. I also show a step-by-step guide of how to transform him from his robot-bounty hunter mode to his Lamborghini Aventador alt-mode. This is the final figure that I shall be taking a look at this week as I have reviewed and collected all the Studio Series figures released thus far!

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Spider5800 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 am

Man, that Lockdown is like night and day compared to the original. I was going to skip it, but after seeing those comparisons it's a HUGE improvement. May just pick it up.

The Brawl and Jazz videos, on the other hand, have enforced my decision to skip them. Both are just too tiny for their price point. Brawl doesn't look much bigger than the deluxe version from the first movie, and I think the first movie leader figure just suits him better. And Jazz is almost a scout class he's so small. No way I'm spending $20 on him when I already have the original deluxe and the HA versions.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Bucky » Sat May 26, 2018 12:46 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Looks like a sizable improvement on the old Lockdown figure. The sculpting on him is top notch, but I’m still not sure if I’ll get him. At least not right away. Odds are I’ll just wait until HTS runs a good discount on figures to pick him and Jazz up. It’s nice that he has more articulation than I previously thought (had no idea he’d have an arm swivel and ankle joints), but no wrist and especially not waist articulation is a huge bummer. Not going to get any real dynamic poses out of him. On a personal level I think I would have preferred it if he had been a smallish voyager, similar to Prime.

Brawl and Megatron are immediate buys though. I had some reservations about Brawl when we got our first look at him, but he’s really grown on me. I get an almost Generations Darkmount/Straxus vibe off of him.

So far I think this line has been great. A couple minor misses, but mostly some fantastic hits. I’m just hoping that this line doesn’t end any time soon, because of the Movie universe getting a reboot after ‘Bee. I want more. It would be fantastic to see an updated voyager Shockwave, a redeco of Blackout as Grindor, the Constructicons, and definitely more dreadbot/vehicons. I want to build an army of uglies.

Basically I want many more Decepticons. :CON: .
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat May 26, 2018 12:59 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Even if I have Peru Kill, that Lockdown is PERFECT for the regular Movie line. Seriously, the AoE original was complete garbage compared to the SS one. Much like the original AoE Grimlock leader. I got rid of both for that reason. Look like Jazz and Lockdown are the only two deluxes that I'll ever get for the SS line. That is, until they announce some unexpected extraordinary figures.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Qwan » Sat May 26, 2018 1:06 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Bucky wrote:It’s nice that he has more articulation than I previously thought (had no idea he’d have an arm swivel and ankle joints), but no wrist and especially not waist articulation is a huge bummer. Not going to get any real dynamic poses out of him. On a personal level I think I would have preferred it if he had been a smallish voyager, similar to Prime.

He does actually have a waist joint! PrimeVsPrime doesn't find it until right before the transformation, but it's there :D

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Bucky » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Qwan wrote:
Bucky wrote:It’s nice that he has more articulation than I previously thought (had no idea he’d have an arm swivel and ankle joints), but no wrist and especially not waist articulation is a huge bummer. Not going to get any real dynamic poses out of him. On a personal level I think I would have preferred it if he had been a smallish voyager, similar to Prime.

He does actually have a waist joint! PrimeVsPrime doesn't find it until right before the transformation, but it's there :D

Oh, wow. That’s what I get for not watching the entire video. Thanks for the correction! That actually changes things quite a bit for me. I think Lockdown just moved up to a definite “buy” now.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 3:46 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Anyone know of any suitable choices for Lockdown's Steeljaws? At present my Lockdown has had to recruit Ravage and a Xenomorph for the time being. :P

I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat May 26, 2018 5:26 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Anyone know of any suitable choices for Lockdown's Steeljaws? At present my Lockdown has had to recruit Ravage and a Xenomorph for the time being. :P

Easy. Go with the AoE 1step. It's a pretty good figure in itself. But it's blue. Maybe repaint it?

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Anyone know of any suitable choices for Lockdown's Steeljaws? At present my Lockdown has had to recruit Ravage and a Xenomorph for the time being. :P

Easy. Go with the AoE 1step. It's a pretty good figure in itself. But it's blue. Maybe repaint it?

I actually had that but sold it in March of last year as I didn't really like it (and didn't have a Lockdown figure at all to even try fit it with). Bit too big and chunky for my tastes though, I'd quite like something the size and articulation of the Legion Ravage in my pic but also easily affordable so i could have a couple of them without costing too much or taking up too much shelf space (or space on the backdrop card). Wish Hasbro had made little ones. :P

EDIT: Found another sorta substitute in my collection (one of the few G1 figures I have left and nowhere near complete as this was my spare inner robot and I sold the complete one)
:P

Ooops I left his robot hands out...which actually don't look too bad that way. :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 am

I've ordered Megatron for £29.99 and £5.50 DPD postage from TF-Express (which states it's in-stock) since Forbidden Planet are advertising it for £32.99 (not including delivery) but not out til 12th August and the only UK based sellers on eBay that have it are asking about £50 plus £8 postage.
http://shop.tfs-express.com/studio-seri ... results=17

And just as I went to get that link the thing has changed from In Stock to No Longer In Stock... so I'm hoping that they did indeed have it and that it's miiiiine. Cos I have paid.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'd quite like something the size and articulation of the Legion Ravage in my pic but also easily affordable so i could have a couple of them without costing too much or taking up too much shelf space (or space on the backdrop card). Wish Hasbro had made little ones. :P
Classics Mini-Con Overbite?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'd quite like something the size and articulation of the Legion Ravage in my pic but also easily affordable so i could have a couple of them without costing too much or taking up too much shelf space (or space on the backdrop card). Wish Hasbro had made little ones. :P
Classics Mini-Con Overbite?

Ah nuts, I could have tried that cos I had that figure up until last April as part of the Predator mini-con team from the big batch of Mini-cons that came with some other figures I had bought. I didn't collect mini-cons so they all got sold off in their teams to other folk. doh.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Pontiac solstice are small cars a lot smaller than that lambo so i say the vehicles scale pretty close
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 9:57 pm

Ultra Markus wrote:Pontiac solstice are small cars a lot smaller than that lambo so i say the vehicles scale pretty close

yep, just looked up the length's of the cars on wiki.
Pontiac Solstice = 3993 mm 157.2 in
Lamborghini Aventador = 4,780 mm 188.19 in

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:Pontiac solstice are small cars a lot smaller than that lambo so i say the vehicles scale pretty close

SInce when is this a line of scale accuracy for vehicles?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Since when is it a problem if the vehicle modes ARE reasonably accurately scaled for once? We were just pointing out to anyone who thinks Jazz is too small that he's actually quite well scaled which ever mode you have him in.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Can you guys tell me how much Studio Series deluxe cost for you and at which stores?

The Wal-mart that I drove out to a few weeks ago wanted 21.99 for them, while my local Fred Meyer wants 24.99. I went to Target today and I saw an empty slot where I thought they would go and the price was 29.99 which I don't think could have been for the deluxe. (24.99 is pushing it imho) I doubt the price would vary by that much so I want to know what prices you guys are seeing, thanks for your time!
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Speed: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 10:41 pm

WreckerJack wrote:Can you guys tell me how much Studio Series deluxe cost for you and at which stores?

The Wal-mart that I drove out to a few weeks ago wanted 21.99 for them, while my local Fred Meyer wants 24.99. I went to Target today and I saw an empty slot where I thought they would go and the price was 29.99 which I don't think could have been for the deluxe. (24.99 is pushing it imho) I doubt the price would vary by that much so I want to know what prices you guys are seeing, thanks for your time!

is this in dollars or pounds?

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Sat May 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Can you guys tell me how much Studio Series deluxe cost for you and at which stores?

US dollars, but if you are in the UK I can just use google to figure out the exchange rates. I do that all the time with sightings anyways.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 pm

WreckerJack wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

US dollars, but if you are in the UK I can just use google to figure out the exchange rates. I do that all the time with sightings anyways.

I don't think those tend to be very accurate. Cos we in the UK tend to have to pay more. Like often something for $30 in your country costs me £30 to buy here which clearly isn't the same amount of money. :P Studio Deluxes are supposed to be £22.99 - £24.99 here and Voyagers about £29.99 - £32.99 and Leaders £49.99 - £54.99 depending where shopping.

In other news that cool looking DNA Design upgrade kit for Grimlock has now been shown in colour with paint matching that of the figure. As someone who was pretty disappointed in the Grimlock (the ONLY Studio purchase I feel any buyers remorse with) I'm finding this kit to be an essential purchase as it fixes some of my biggest problems with the figure. If I can find it easy available from a UK website.
https://tfsource.com/dk-06-grimlock-upgrade-kit/

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby WreckerJack » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm

Oh wow, that is 10 USD more about. I always knew that pounds were more than dollars but I didn't think by that much holey moley! I know that Australia things are more pricey too but considering to ship anything there it's gotta be by air or sea. Now that I think of it, that is true of the UK but I don't think about it often because it isn't so far from the rest of Europe.

Google exchange rates tend to be spot on when I order things from Japan and need to do yen to USD.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun May 27, 2018 2:21 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Since when is it a problem if the vehicle modes ARE reasonably accurately scaled for once? We were just pointing out to anyone who thinks Jazz is too small that he's actually quite well scaled which ever mode you have him in.

I was only pointing out the reviewers comment on how the lambo was supposed to be smaller was an inaccurate
Making it misleading
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Sun May 27, 2018 5:21 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
My local Walmarts both have Deluxe for for $19.96 and Voyager for $29.84. They don't sell Leaders anymore, but I believe both Kmart and Target have them for $49.99 (other classes are priced basically the same as Walmart).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun May 27, 2018 5:31 am

Wondering if there's going to be a Studio Barricade at some point. Of his original design. The DotM Deluxe is still good but I'd be up for them trying yet again.
For now I've got a sorta-junker Barricade (missing his doors) displayed with them currently using Jazz's backdrop until spares of Ratchet and Bumblebee's backdrops arrive (I think I'll use Bee's backdrop) kindly donated by fellow Seibertron member Munkky. :)

Yes I need more shelves though Balancing Barricade is a sorta cool visual. :P

Been looking at the pics of the old Bonecrusher toy, particularly the Movie the Best one and wondering how cool that'll look as a Voyager class with more detail and such.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #16 Cvr B Image Comics JAN230271 16B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #16 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210A"
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 0224IM323 8D (CA) Khalidah"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1023IM370 25A (CA) Sabbatini (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #25 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #11 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220222 11B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #11 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM824 (CA) Howard 240210"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 Blank Sketch 240415A"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM300 31B (CA) Randal (W) McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220220 16A (CA) Mack"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 0723IM326 24C (CA) Ngu"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #9 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220311 9B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #9 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #130 Image Comics 2014 210119a (CA) Adlard + Stewart (W) Kirkman"
WALKING DEAD #130 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON