This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Agent 53 wrote:Is it ridiculous that SS Beetle!Bumblebee looks better in vehicle mode that MASTERPIECE Bumblebee?
Also do we know if the rumors of Movie Masterpiece Beetle!Bee are true or not. I would throw money at that.

I not sure which one looks better but the Studio movie figure there does look great in vehicle mode (and I've never even been fond of the VW Beetle's design).
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby nycPrime » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 am

Dang that's a nice bee. Just might have to get one.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
It’s got a lot of kibble, but overall it looks pretty good. I want to see more pictures of that Bee with the wings angled back, it should look better that way.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby transformers_va » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 am

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
He's definitely no Masterpiece BumbleBee, but still a very good looking figure. I'm incredibly happy to see him back as a VW instead of a Chevy.

What's with the H3115 though.. is that a religious thing? If it is, I don't know which is worse.. that or the MAGA on Jazz.
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:38 am

transformers_va wrote:He's definitely no Masterpiece BumbleBee, but still a very good looking figure. I'm incredibly happy to see him back as a VW instead of a Chevy.

What's with the H3115 though.. is that a religious thing? If it is, I don't know which is worse.. that or the MAGA on Jazz.

william-james88 wrote:The figure in the video is a factory test, as we can tell from the serial numbers written across the figure, but it is the final collours.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Emerje » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:38 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Agent 53 wrote:Also do we know if the rumors of Movie Masterpiece Beetle!Bee are true or not. I would throw money at that.

It would be shocking if it doesn't happen. Hasbro and Takara Tomy have been pretty good at keeping MPs under wraps, nobody saw G1 Hound coming last month, so it's hard to predict when they might. As far as I know the KO of that got the rumor rolling hasn't been seen again either. My best guess is it'll be Hasbro's big reveal at NYCC in just under two months.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Skill: 6

Postby transformers_va » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:54 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
transformers_va wrote:He's definitely no Masterpiece BumbleBee, but still a very good looking figure. I'm incredibly happy to see him back as a VW instead of a Chevy.

william-james88 wrote:The figure in the video is a factory test, as we can tell from the serial numbers written across the figure, but it is the final collours.

Ahh, so the final figure won't have that.. that is great news! Thank you!
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
transformers_va wrote:What's with the H3115 though.. is that a religious thing? If it is, I don't know which is worse.. that or the MAGA on Jazz.

Why would it be religious at all? Just curious...

Also, a little reminder about the "SS" numbering: Hasbro's ID codes only have numbers, while TakaraTomy's have the "SS" in front. Thanks to Hasbro exclusives like Thundercracker that TakaraTomy chooses to pass over, the two do not match up. In this case, VW Bumblebee numbers are "18" for Hasbro, but "SS-16" for TakaraTomy.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
transformers_va wrote:What's with the H3115 though.. is that a religious thing? If it is, I don't know which is worse.. that or the MAGA on Jazz.

3 = E
1 = L (though, usually it's 7 that = L)
5 = S
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby transformers_va » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:00 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I was curious about the H3115, so I googled it, and the majority of the initial results were about Yowkebed - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon - Bible. Thankfully Carnivius_Prime clarified why it was there (I should have actually read the article before watching the video lol)

I do appreciate Sabrblade's creative response though :D
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 pm

transformers_va wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I was curious about the H3115, so I googled it, and the majority of the initial results were about Yowkebed - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon - Bible. Thankfully Carnivius_Prime clarified why it was there (I should have actually read the article before watching the video lol)

I do appreciate Sabrblade's creative response though :D

Glad to be of help. :) I often skip past info and ask questions that could so easily be answered by that info I skipped too so no worries. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Emerje » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:35 pm

The numbers are used for cataloging and tracking prototypes. I don't know exactly what the numbers mean, but I've heard they can tell where they came from if they turn up on eBay since they're supposed to be destroyed once they're no longer of use. I'm sure they also use it for quality control as it's easier to say H3115 is a good test mold or paint test when looking at a list than it is to try and describe the good one.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby RotorstormNZ » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
Maybe it's just my screen but I can't watch this video - the background's just too bright! I can't see any details and the figure looks like a bad "Anime ver." custom with white paint all over him. I'm really disappointed as I've been so excited to see a video of this guy.
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Endurance: 3

Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage vol 2 up for Preorder at Gamestop

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Following this article here where the possibility was discussed about more exclusives being given to GameStop (and it's Canadian subsidies EB Games by extension). We now have word that a pre-order has gone live on GameStop's website for Transformers Studio Series 20 Bumblebee Retro Pop Garage Vol2!

This means that GameStop are getting more transformers exclusives in and is a place to keep your eyes on in the furture.

The pre-order date GameStop have given is the first of October.

For more information about Retro Pop Garage vol 2, check out this article here!

Will you be adding this set to your collection? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest Transformers news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am

Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

I'm sure Amazon and HTS will get it as well.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

Emerje

I think I read somewhere that it's because EE sells it to other places through the wholesaler side of its business.
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 1
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Giant Purple Griffin wrote:
Emerje wrote:Vol. 2 is starting to feel like a May Mayhem exclusive. Online only, but not exclusive to any single store. Even though Hasbro pushed it for Entertainment Earth, they only seem to have gotten the best price, not exclusive rights to it.

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

Emerje

I think I read somewhere that it's because EE sells it to other places through the wholesaler side of its business.

That's what I thought, too, until it showed up Gamestop. The other stores are big and popular for what they but are still independently owned online stores so I could see them getting them from EE wholesale, but Gamestop is a pretty massive corporate entity that EE couldn't possibly service properly. They aren't the type of company that would venture outside of their usual suppliers for one figure that's exclusive to their competition.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby gothsaurus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

This headline and story should be edited to note that the toy is not exclusive to GameStop. After shipping it’s like $80 there and $64 at TFSource with free shipping (shipped with your stack of loot).
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Motto: "Stay in your play Pretend where the fun ain't Got No end"
Weapon: Blue Blaze
I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

here are the links to each of them

Vw Bee: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Transform ... 06A86MX0Z1

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11
Mini-Con
Watch MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 on YouTube
Buy from MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 on eBay
Skill: 7

Postby BombshellDaBug » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Motto: "Well, that's not good."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 wrote:I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

Old Camaro Bee:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQVYKGS/?coliid=IEHYKP1WL50MR&colid=2YCNSFJLHI5R0&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Throne of the Primes Optimus primal: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FR3BP5M/?c ... _lig_dp_it

us Amazon btw

The price on Amazon for that Primal set is a whole lot of yikes. $194 is way too much for that set.
BombshellDaBug
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Beetle
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
BombshellDaBug wrote:
MRMAXIMUSPRIME11 wrote:I already knew about this a while back not really news to me and also Amazon already has it including old bee gold ver and the throne of the prime they are all really expensive tho

us Amazon btw

The price on Amazon for that Primal set is a whole lot of yikes. $194 is way too much for that set.

These are resellers, not amazon, its the same as if you found such a listing on ebay
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
It's not surprising that resellers would gouge that much out of them, I just hope people who want it will either keep checking hts or order in the takara version. As for the studio series exclusives, mainly volume 2, well someone above was kind enough to list all the retailers and prices so hopefully no one needs to resort to scalpers there either.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am

william-james88 wrote:
BombshellDaBug wrote:

us Amazon btw

These are resellers, not amazon, its the same as if you found such a listing on ebay

Yep, I was only going with official listings, but I believe Amazon will eventually have a proper listing and if they do that will definitely put a final nail in the theory that these are all coming from EE. Amazon won't get the Throne.
Emerje
News Staff

Postby dragons » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

Emerje

comments like this make laugh people see prices but they always forget to add shipping and handling on to it some places charge tax
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."

EE - $59.99
BBTS - $64.99
TFSource - $64.99
Chose Prime - $64.99
Ages 3 and Up - $64.95
Gamestop - $69.99

Emerje

Exclusive rights for domestic US release, rather, but the agreement says nothing about forbidding other stores from importing stock from overseas. The same thing happened with CW Liokaiser.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON