This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Munkky wrote:Jazz - I can totally see why people are unhappy with Jazz's size, but I think he looks just fine and is a massive improvement over the 2007 Deluxe. The car doors don't stay clipped together in on my Jazz though, but I'm not sure if that's just me doing something wrong.

You need to make sure that the car canopy is tabbed into the back of his pelvis section in the "display stand" hole. If you do that then his car mode should almost flawlessly fit together. (Mine sure does.)
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Ironhidensh wrote:
Munkky wrote: The car doors don't stay clipped together in on my Jazz though, but I'm not sure if that's just me doing something wrong.

Look on the underside of his car roof. You will see a peg. This plugs into a port on the back of his, well, his butt. It doesn't perfectly line up during transformation and needs a little force to work right. It should solve your issue.

Holy crap, you are a wizard :shock:

I haven't heard anything on how to get him to line up in car mode, seriously, this should be front-page news :BOWDOWN:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Munkky wrote: The car doors don't stay clipped together in on my Jazz though, but I'm not sure if that's just me doing something wrong.

Look on the underside of his car roof. You will see a peg. This plugs into a port on the back of his, well, his butt. It doesn't perfectly line up during transformation and needs a little force to work right. It should solve your issue.

I haven't heard anything on how to get him to line up in car mode, seriously, this should be front-page news :BOWDOWN:

Damn you Ironhidensh for beating me to it. Stealing my glory! :P

Also as a general rule for me, if something won't fit together, that means I most likely didn't compact something properly in a previous step. I figured this out within 15 minutes of opening him at night when I was in a rush. :DANCE:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also as an extra thing, this guy SURE IS tiny! :shock: But damn, he's also gorgeous!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:27 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

Had been mentioned by ToaLeePrime back in early July (and quoted by others since) :P
transformers-studio-series-discussion-new-2018-movie-line--t110126s2100.php#p1969439
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 am

Ok that assumed re-release of first Studio Bee now with little Charlie figure looks a lot more interesting than first thought.

39846739_1883808011685130_6248033416780972032_o.jpg

39970242_1883808318351766_159448186962837504_o.jpg

I got pics from https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.st ... 0601684871
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:44 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That does look interesting :D nice find carni!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 am

ZeroWolf wrote:That does look interesting :D nice find carni!

Yeah it's neat. Not sure if the car pieces stay on for transformation though. The front bit (i dunno what you call it, i don't have a car) probably doesn't split for his chest. But yeah it's an interesting concept. Wonder if they could make a modern Camaro Bee figure that just includes all alternate parts to change his camaro form (and the robot parts it affects) throughout the first three movies and The Last Knight (obviously his AoE forms were far too different to work with that idea) so you could have just the one figure to represent all the Camaro updates. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Transformers Studio Series SS-15 Bumblebee Movie 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with Charlie and add on piece

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:04 am

A while ago we learned that there was more Bumblebees headed for the Studio Series line, one of these was pictured with a small Charlie figure but that was it. Now thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, Carnivius_Prime, we've learned that the Planet Iacon- Singapore Transformers fan group on facebook have gotten pictures of this toy in box! It's also nothing like fans were expecting.

Included in the box is the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee toy but with some extra tooling allowing for parts to be swapped out to change the look of the alt mode! It's unclear at this point if any of the pieces can be used for robot mode but it's a nice addition and extra incentive for those that purchased the original 1977 Camaro toy. The Charlie toy itself is an unarticulated statue.

What do you make of this first look? Are you likely to double dip on this Bumblebee? Let us know in the comments and stay tuned to Seiberton for all the latest news and reviews.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Dr. Caelus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:43 am

I've had little interest in TFSS and have sold most of my movie figures, but this is pretty neat.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby angtre » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:39 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The spare parts are a neat extra, I'd like if those became a habit for toys with real cars for alt mode.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Quantum Surge » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:08 am

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Is it easy to say I would have preferred a modern trilogy Camaro set?
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:16 am

Quantum Surge wrote:Is it easy to say I would have preferred a modern trilogy Camaro set?

While I'm not promising anything, let's see how well this set does and maybe we can convince hasbro to do others
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Thanks for getting this ZeroWolf and Carnivius and sharing it with us. This is a really cool set and it would have helped Hasbro tremendously if they wouldhave conveyed its difference from other sets in that SS graph showing the million similar looking BBs tha were coming out. Its also important to note that it is a Target exclusive, I will add that to the news post.

I wonder what that means about it being found in Canada. EB Games has been getting all the target exclusive stuff so far.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

yeah i'm wondering if it has any relation to the plot of the film. Like does Bee become his 70's Camaro form earlier than the end and as part of a race that Charlie helps him win or something? Or is it simply just a fun toy set?

Wonder what the price will be? I assume a lil more than regular Deluxe release but hopefully not Voyager price. I was very unsure about getting this one as I already have the first figure and wasn't keen on buying it all over again just to get the Charlie figurine (which I would like cos I do like having human figures with my Transformers) but now that we see the Bee toy itself has some interesting extra play value options I'm much more tempted.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

william-james88 wrote:Thanks for getting this ZeroWolf and Carnivius and sharing it with us. This is a really cool set and it would have helped Hasbro tremendously if they wouldhave conveyed its difference from other sets in that SS graph showing the million similar looking BBs tha were coming out. Its also important to note that it is a Target exclusive, I will add that to the news post.

I wonder what that means about it being found in Canada. EB Games has been getting all the target exclusive stuff so far.

No problem will :) I'm sorry I missed out the bit about target having it as an exclusive!

I'm tempted by this and in the past Tesco were able to distribute Target stuff so I'll remain on the lookout. Otherwise I'll have to see if places like kapow get it.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby beastwarsbrah » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am

Weapon: Spinning Augers
I finally found lockdown and bought the only one I saw. When I got home his arm was already popped off in the box at the shoulder. After I finally figured out I had to remove a screw to get it back on I realized how incredibly floppy my copies right arm is.

I'm probably going to exchange him, but not because I don't like him. He is really cool and looks great. Even though I got a dud, I recommend him.
beastwarsbrah
Micromaster
Alt Mode: streetsweeper
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am

That sucks. Hope you get a better one cos yeah he's a very cool figure with great detail

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 am

More pics i got from https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.st ... 4261647505

39959121_1884184214980843_6163637897825091584_n.jpg
39911097_1884184028314195_9177050737258004480_n.jpg
39916206_1884184068314191_1091149274911080448_n.jpg
39972426_1884184044980860_5335779322273726464_n.jpg
39813882_1884184054980859_8580367311829991424_n.jpg

39742756_1884184114980853_5716147823645294592_n.jpg

39887034_1884184148314183_7749299463700611072_n.jpg

39891563_1884184138314184_6249254789515837440_n.jpg

Just noticed the feet are unpainted. Guess some of the paint budget went into the accessories. :P That's fine. Can easily add silver paint there if I want to like I've done on many movie Bee figures. And yeah I don't think any of the parts stay on in robot mode (most of them go across parts that have to be seperated). Still, it looks like a fun toy and plenty stickers to play with too. Oddly it appears to have yellow paint on the hands whereas the original release does not (but I may add now with same yellow paint I added to the shoulders of mine)

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

In hand pictures of SS-15 Bumblebee with Charlie and Car Modifications

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Following the reveal earlier of Studio Series number 15, the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee with the Charlie figurine and car modifications, we now have more in hand pictures courtesy of the Planet Iacon- Singapore Transformers Fans Facebook group, as pointed out by fellow Seibertron user, Carnivius_Prime.

The pictures give us a better look at the car modification parts and what they look like in vehicle mode. We also get a look at the backdrop the set offers for display. We also get a better look at the Charlie figurine who is sporting a Bumblebee logo t-shirt. The photos also reveal an abundance of stickers, allowing you to further customise Bumblebee to your liking.

Carnivius_Prime has also shared their observation that this version of the mold has unpainted feet compared to his first release yet now has yellow paint on the back of his hands.

So far this toy has been found at Target in California, but as they are getting many exclusives for the Bumblebee movie this could be one of them.

What do you think of this release? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Charlie's vest having the Bee logo on it is a pretty cute touch.

Thanks for the news cred points by the way. :)

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Charlie's vest having the Bee logo on it is a pretty cute touch.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction of the news and pictures :D

I like that they've still kept to the template of having a backdrop for display despite it's odd nature. Question is, will they try and sell this at Voyager price point because of the extra plastic in Charlie plus the car parts :-?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:37 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Charlie's vest having the Bee logo on it is a pretty cute touch.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction of the news and pictures :D

I like that they've still kept to the template of having a backdrop for display despite it's odd nature. Question is, will they try and sell this at Voyager price point because of the extra plastic in Charlie plus the car parts :-?

Yeah I do like that backdrop, and it's a bigger one too cos of the box size but yes that does make me worry it'll be voyager priced cos of the size of the package but I'm hoping it'll just be a lil bit more than a standard Deluxe or perhaps somewhere in-between. Not gonna worry til it's out. I got my orders of Ironhide and VW Bee to look forward to anyways. :michaelbay:

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Cybertronius Primus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 pm

The question is- leave it mint or custom rust it like I did the first release?
Cybertronius Primus
Mini-Con

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Cybertronius Primus wrote:The question is- leave it mint or custom rust it like I did the first release?

Leave it mint. This release kinda reminds me of those "Pimp My Ride"-type shows, turning a rust-bucket into a one-of-a-kind souped up vehicle.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Cybertronius Primus wrote:The question is- leave it mint or custom rust it like I did the first release?

Leave it mint. This release kinda reminds me of those "Pimp My Ride"-type shows, turning a rust-bucket into a one-of-a-kind souped up vehicle.

Just in time for it to be custom faded in the first movie ;-) :lol:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON