This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I've learned with those Chinese sellers, time is extremely inconsistent. I got that MPM Barricade (which ended up being a KO and wasn't advertised as such) in about a week and a half, but Cogman took almost 2 full months.

Did you get refund on Barricade? Were you able to prove to eBay it was a KO? I seem to remember reading something about this a while back if that was you.

So what will you do with the leftover Bee?

Probably resell, I guess. I haven't any need for a duplicate one as it's a very specific mold I can't really repaint into any necessary characters (no, not a fanon Cliffjumper) and I'm pretty happy with the one I already have.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Out of curiosity how much would you see that for?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I've learned with those Chinese sellers, time is extremely inconsistent. I got that MPM Barricade (which ended up being a KO and wasn't advertised as such) in about a week and a half, but Cogman took almost 2 full months.

Did you get refund on Barricade? Were you able to prove to eBay it was a KO? I seem to remember reading something about this a while back if that was you.

I got a mostly refund on him, took me several days to find out he was a KO (and I had tossed the insert for the box by then) and then almost 2 weeks to get the seller to do a partial refund. Still PO-ed about how that all went down
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
So what will you do with the leftover Bee?

Probably resell, I guess. I haven't any need for a duplicate one as it's a very specific mold I can't really repaint into any necessary characters (no, not a fanon Cliffjumper) and I'm pretty happy with the one I already have.

Depending where you want to go with him, I would be interested!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Scored a new cuddly angry Bee!

But I'm disappointed in him so far. Transformed him twice, and the alt mode just will not tab together. And he already has stress marks in the clear plastic hinge where the hood and windshield connection are. I'm really concerned there are lots of Bees that are going to break, especially with how fiddly the alt mode is.

That roof piece is so close to not needing that stress either, but at the last moment, it needs a bit too much wiggling and push needed that I'm comfortable with. I love the sculpt, and the bot mode is really awesome, but that transformation is proving to be a nightmare that won't let you see the alt mode properly!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby nycPrime » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Yea I agree it's a disappointing figure. Was surprised to see a few people here loving it, but the transformation is a nightmare. The only reason I don't hate it is because I was able to get it in alt mode, which I like, and just leave it as is.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 pm

am starting to wonder if there's a QC issue. Cos mine (the one I'e had opened and transformed many times for the past few weeks) is fine and was only tricky the first time turning into car.

My only real complaint is that I wish the face-mask thing had been done as a whole seperate head since I find the head much easier to remove than the mask. The very first time I tried it I had to basically remove the head then prise the face away from it with tweezers cos it was stuck firmly on there. The whole head comes off far easier than the face plate.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Bucky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:37 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Don’t know if it’s been posted yet, but I noticed that HTS has listed SS21 Starscream on their store. He isn’t in stock yet, but it says “coming soon.” No date is given. But for anyone else who’s really looking forward to getting him, they can keep an eye on it.

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e1608as00
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:40 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Posting this here and now before anyone else does thinking it's real.

There's an image out there now of a Studio Series packaging box for Movie 1 Bonecrusher, but it's a fake. The artwork used is lifted directly from Forged to Fight, whose art none of the official Studio Series toys have used for any other character.

Here's the fake image:

And the Forged to Fight art for comparison:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:09 am

Was in the Entertainer today. They still have big reductions on Studio Series, Bumblebee movie and Cyberverse figures.

Also this curiousness. Lockdown has appeared on shelf for the nice reduced Deluxe price... but also his previously Asda-exclusive (in the UK) former mold-mate Hot Rod has appeared too.
DSC_0114 (4).jpg

I got little Legion class VW Bee for £5.25 (usual price £7) to take with me to places.
DSC_0128 (3).jpg

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am

Was that legion bee that price in the Entertainer?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Was that legion bee that price in the Entertainer?

Yep
DSC_0112 (3).jpg

if interested, the huge Bee has a nice discount too
DSC_0119 (3).jpg

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:50 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
thats cheaper than the US price for that power charge Bee, plus that price includes taxes, so its a pretty good deal.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Studio Series KSI Sentry and Dropkick Listings on Amazon.com

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:34 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have a notification of two new listings over on online retailer Amazon.com, featuring the Transformers Studio Series line, thanks to fellow Seibetronian boyatlarge who contacted us via email - though they appear to still be unavailable, the two deluxes found are live action Age of Extinction -sourced KSI Sentry ( a blue redeco with minor retool of Stinger ) and the upcoming Bumblebee movie antagonist Dropkick, in helicopter alt-mode!

The figures are currently listed at the 18.94 USD price point (or no price at all, in the case of Dropkick), but no further information is available on stock or release date, so stay tuned for more information as we gain access to it! You can check out the listings below.

Welcome to the incredible world of Transformers robots. It is a world of high technology, ancient history, and a battle that has spanned the entire galaxy and millions of years. Optimus Prime, leader of the heroic Autobots, battles the tyrant Megatron and his evil Deceptions for the fate of freedom across the universe. There's a Transformers figure for every kid or collector. From big converting action figures to miniature battling robots to figures that change between modes in 1 step, you can team up with Transformers toys to create your own incredible adventures. Whether you're defending earth with the Autobots, or conquering space with the Deceptions, the action is up to you. Transformers is a world-famous entertainment brand with 30 years of history, blockbuster movies, hit television shows and countless novels and comic books. With Transformers robot toys, you can create your own chapters in this epic, ongoing story. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. This copy is intended as placeholder text only and is not representative of individual items in the line.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:54 am

The more I see of Dropkick, the more I like him...may have to pick him up.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Emerje » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Those Amazon listings have been around for months, there's an article around here somewhere, they just updated the listings with photos. There's also still that mysterious Red Lightning listing, which in hindsight is likely Shatter.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Emerje wrote:Those Amazon listings have been around for months, there's an article around here somewhere, they just updated the listings with photos. There's also still that mysterious Red Lightning listing, which in hindsight is likely Shatter.

Emerje

I'm hoping that is a Shatter, and maybe she'll be revealed soon
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Those Amazon listings have been around for months, there's an article around here somewhere, they just updated the listings with photos. There's also still that mysterious Red Lightning listing, which in hindsight is likely Shatter.

Emerje

I thought that was either Crankcase, WWII Bee, Clunker Bee or Barricade, the wave coming after these two.

The names are not indicative of the chararcters, they are all named after race horses https://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Red_Lightning
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:I thought that was either Crankcase, WWII Bee, Clunker Bee or Barricade, the wave coming after these two.

And Sideswipe.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Octobotimus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Motto: "When Life gives you oranges, you make lemonade!"
Weapon: Solar-Powered Vibro-Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

I thought that was either Crankcase, WWII Bee, Clunker Bee or Barricade, the wave coming after these two.

The names are not indicative of the chararcters, they are all named after race horses https://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Red_Lightning

From what I've seen it seems that dropkick was blue light, and there seemed to be listings of blue light 1 & 2, as well as red lightning 1 & 2. and along with them was a hornet 2 listing, which seems to be blitzwing, so i would say its a safe bet to think its shatter.
Octobotimus
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Buy from Octobotimus on eBay
Alt Mode: attack helicopter
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10+

Postby Emerje » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:54 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Octobotimus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Emerje

From what I've seen it seems that dropkick was blue light, and there seemed to be listings of blue light 1 & 2, as well as red lightning 1 & 2. and along with them was a hornet 2 listing, which seems to be blitzwing, so i would say its a safe bet to think its shatter.

Yeah, plus if the the blue one is Blue Light then it makes sense for the red one to be Red Lightning. Hornet for Blitzwing works since the F/A-18 Hornet was a jet introduced in '84, not that he turns into one or anything.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Ironhide has a hitch receiver and trailer light socket under his rear bumper!
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Shirou25 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am

Any news if this variant ever hit stores??
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-20-21-03-24-27.png
Last edited by Shirou25 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shirou25
Mini-Con

Postby Shirou25 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:26 am

Any news if the mouthateless variant of studio series prime ever hit stores??
Shirou25
Mini-Con

Transformers Studio Series Wave 4 Deluxe and Voyager Breakdown with Shortpacked and Repacked Toys

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am

The case contents for Studio Series wave 3 deluxes has been revering sheling us what is in store for our neighbouring shelves. Firstly, no one will have trouble finding Dropkick who is packed three per case of eight. As for KSI Sentry, he is shortpacked with only being there once per case, but this is a redeco of a character that never appeared onscreen so it is probable that Hasbro anticipates a lower demand. DOTM Ratchet, Jazz and VW Bumblebee are rereleased for those who could not find them yet, and to ensure that the titular character will be found on shelves when the Bumblebee movie is out.

This info comes to us from Robot Kingdom which also reports the wave to start shipping on 1st November 2018. The wave 4 voyagers come out at the same time and they are evenly packed between ROTF Megaron and Starscream.

Deluxe

DELUXE JAZZ x1
DELUXE BUMBLEBEE x2
DELUXE RATCHET x1
DELUXE DROPKICK x3
DELUXE KSI SENTRY x1

Voyager

VOYAGER MEGATRON x1
VOYAGER ROTF STARSCREAM x1

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Is KSI Sentry gonna be hard to find then? Cos I love the Stinger figure and really like the blue of the Sentry. Also why does this mold seem to have the shoulderpads transformed differently in each picture I see? A lot of them have them unfolded and pointing up, some have them pointing up but using the joints to push them down and back a bit and I've been having them folded over the front of the shoulders and angled slightly inwards. I'm confused as to what the official one is so just went with the one that looked best to me. Sometimes the torso and head area is transformed a bit weirdly too and photos of that put me off the figure at first til i saw better ones and got the figure myself and now I'm a big fan of it (though wish the wheels on the legs folded in). Sometimes see the black bit on the back where the star things attach often configured differently too.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIGNAL FLARE Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427A"
SIGNAL FLARE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2006 230719A"
THUNDERCRACKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TIDAL WAVE + Mini-Con RAMJET Transformers Armada Giga-Con complete 2003 231102A"
TIDAL WAVE + Mini- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con DUALOR Transformers Armada complete 2002 Destruction Team 190613a"
Mini-Con DUALOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER + ZAPMASTER Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231102A"
THUNDERCRACKER + Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 211006A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTORSHOT Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s67k 2005 231102A"
SCATTORSHOT Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON