This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Deadput » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:36 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
There go my pant...

pockets because the money is following out of them.

(Not sure about the cloak material, but overall this gives even more credence to the listing leaks.)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Bucky » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:yeah if they're just setting up then maybe they'll fix up Megatron later and have him holding his rifle properly. :P

We can only hope :) also I wonder if they'll be putting a transformed jetfire down as there's a big space there that looks like it could be room for another toy...

Ah yeah I didn't even think of that. The original RotF Jetfire toy had a massive jet mode and curious to see how this one turns out (please let it hide more of the robot stuffs) and the robot form we see here looks oddly quite clean and accurate so where is the jet? Maybe he doesn't combine with Prime this time and this results in a more concentrated and accurate jetfire overall? Who knows? (well..the toy designers probably)
Also that Megatron truck mode looks pretty darn huge too (and man I love all that spiky stuff at the front). :O

A new Jetfire is pretty exciting. I really like the original, despite its flaws. My desire for him is actually the opposite of what i want from the Constructicons. I really don’t want them to combine, because I don’t want the individual bots to suffer for it. I do, however, want Jetfire to combine with the new OP coming out. It could be done a lot better this time around. Plus none of these SS leaders have those electronic components that took up so much space, and really hampered the transformation. Without that gimmick, the end result is bound to be much better, without diminishing either individual figure.

It’s a little hard to see Jetfire properly, but hopefully we’ll get some clear, well lit shots of him later. That Megatron, though...

I’m glad to see that it’s DotM Megs, and that he has an actual cloth cape this time around, but I’m a little let down when it comes to that bot mode. I’ll hold off on forming any concrete opinion of him, until we get some clear photos, but those legs are ENORMOUS! I’m hoping he’s mistransformed, because his entire lower legs are just huge rectangles. I also have this thing against big folding panels on the outside of transformers forearms. That’s probably just my own pet peeve. Then there’s the blocky shoulders. I feel like I’m coming down hard in this figure, especially since we only have the one image so far.

I’m hoping like hell that I’m way off on that Megatron figure.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby CommunistPrime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:50 am

Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
Is that Igor?!
Attachments
803B6DD0-2185-4998-A1DC-FA8DAC495405.jpeg
537B24D7-B1E7-4DA0-AE88-C763DDC75030.png
CommunistPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10+

Postby Agent 53 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:51 am

I hope Jetfire does combine with Optimus but only if they use parts forming. part of the problem they had with the old mold is that it was trying to use one thing. In the film Powered up prime was, effectively, optimus with parts of Jetfire grafted on if they have him go to bits and be attached like that, even if they don't incorporate all of Jetfire (it makes more sense like that I think, I doubt they needed the whole corpse for the upgrade) then I'll be happy.
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:52 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Looking at the poses of the figures, I think Megs needs a nice pose to show what he's capable of, and given the figures we've had do far, I think the proper pictures will impress. I agree with you on the costructicons kanra
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:58 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Damn, that Megatron's gonna be big. I hope he doesn't scale too awkwardly with Optimus (unless we're getting another, bigger Optimus later). He does look pretty awesome though.

And Jetfire looks incredible. I'll reserve judgement until I see the jet mode though.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:38 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Agent 53 wrote:I hope Jetfire does combine with Optimus but only if they use parts forming. part of the problem they had with the old mold is that it was trying to use one thing. In the film Powered up prime was, effectively, optimus with parts of Jetfire grafted on if they have him go to bits and be attached like that, even if they don't incorporate all of Jetfire (it makes more sense like that I think, I doubt they needed the whole corpse for the upgrade) then I'll be happy.

Yeah. That's what I was gonna say when I got home just now. I'd rather the Jetfire figure have parts that come off to attach to Prime (whether it's the current mold or a new one) rather than trying to stick an entire leader class figure onto him. Studio Prime is one of my absolute fave figures for posing and articulation and I'd want a jetpowered Prime to still be very posable too which is really difficult to do when trying to mesh two figures together like the old RotF Leader combo.

It's amusing that some folk want combining constructions and other people want to forsake that in favour of higher quality individual bots and some folk want a combining Jetfire and some want a more focussed singular figure or at least not use the whole thing for Prime's jetpower kit. Hasbro are stuck here cos they really can't please everyone. :P

Also yeah I like that there's no electronics in Studio series. The old Jetfire figure had a very blocky body and this new one looks much more slender and one likely reason is not having to contain all the light and sound stuff inside. If I want a figure to 'talk' I'm fine just having sound samples on my phone and play those when playing about with my figures. :P

By the way was the camaro Bee mold always intended to have the Rebekah's Garage clip on bits for car mode? Cos it does have the rectangular holes on it I always wondered what they were for. Like Hasbro planned that kit from the start?

CommunistPrime wrote:Is that Igor?!

Yeah that's what I pondered on the last page when I posted the original pic. If so then it's a nice extra. :)
Last edited by Carnivius_Prime on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:39 am

*delete please*
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Black Hat wrote:Damn, that Megatron's gonna be big. I hope he doesn't scale too awkwardly with Optimus (unless we're getting another, bigger Optimus later). He does look pretty awesome though.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. He looks like he’ll be way bigger than our current SS Prime, but if that’s an excuse for a slightly bigger DOTM Optimus I am totally on board!

I don’t think I can say anything until we see the renders and close-ups, but Jetfire’s head looks huge and kinda. . . Unsettling. I’m really excited to see his SR-71 mode though.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:47 am

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Damn, that Megatron's gonna be big. I hope he doesn't scale too awkwardly with Optimus (unless we're getting another, bigger Optimus later). He does look pretty awesome though.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. He looks like he’ll be way bigger than our current SS Prime, but if that’s an excuse for a slightly bigger DOTM Optimus I am totally on board!

I don’t think I can say anything until we see the renders and close-ups, but Jetfire’s head looks huge and kinda. . . Unsettling. I’m really excited to see his SR-71 mode though.

Well megatron is bigger than Optimus in the movies. I don’t mind that he’s bugger I’ve only been getting Decepticons from Studio Series but I understand if people are getting everyone or most.

He is quite blocky which threw me off not complaining until we see a full reveal of him but it does remind me of how well done the original dark of the moon was. One of the few original movie figures I still have because I love him so much.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 am

Randomhero wrote:He is quite blocky which threw me off not complaining until we see a full reveal of him but it does remind me of how well done the original dark of the moon was. One of the few original movie figures I still have because I love him so much.

It's mainly his lower legs I'm worried about. They look like they should be able to compact some more and maybe the shoulders could hide those wheels. DotM Megs is his blockiest version in the movies anyways. That badass truck mode has already got me wanting the figure even if the robot isn't great. Hopefully we can see a pic without the cloth tarp so we can get a clearer look at the figure itself.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Deadput » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 am

These definitely don't look completely transformed so I'm going to save my full judgement till we see official renders and toy owner pics.

The sculpting however looks pretty nice especially on Jetfire.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby galvatron00 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
To quote TFWiki: "And all the other toys were thrown away."

:lol:

Gold monkey fighting diamond. I didn't want to buy new ones. Now I want to buy new ones. I liked this scale myself, now it all changes.

And Jetfire?! Dang IT!!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:03 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
How does that Megatron look soo much more stiff and awkward than the Voyager version?
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Deadput » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:14 am

DecepticonFinishline wrote:How does that Megatron look soo much more stiff and awkward than the Voyager version?

Because it's mistransformed and not properly posed?
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby TulioDude » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:34 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I'm excited for this.Can't wait to see more pics.Jetfire having the cane and the axe seeems a bit much.I would assume one would transform in the other.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed

Postby Overcracker » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Terrsolpix and Carnivius_Prime, we've got a special picture to share from Hasbro's MCM Convention booth in London, UK! The picture shows new Leader Class toys of Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire!

Of special note is that this time round, Megatron's cowl is actually a piece of fabric and not moulded plastic as before. Jetfire also includes his Axe from when he joins the battle in Egypt.

While we'll no doubt have better pictures from the actual event, feast your eyes on these reveals for now and let us know in the Energon Pub what your thoughts are. Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Color me impressed. I was sure the teased leader SS figure was going to be Tank Megs from RotF. Never expected a DotM version, and one that looks this good. Hopefully the feet are mistransformed because they are blocky as heck.

As to Jetfire, while I love the SR-71 Blackbird alt mode, I never really liked the original, too much robot parts undercarriage for me and skipped on it then. I might consider this one, if it hides the robot better in Jet mode.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby joevill » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:37 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
This Megatron will probably be the only Studio I purchase. :michaelbay:
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5

Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:42 am

Overcracker wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Terrsolpix and Carnivius_Prime, we've got a special picture to share from Hasbro's MCM Convention booth in London, UK! The picture shows new Leader Class toys of Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire!

Of special note is that this time round, Megatron's cowl is actually a piece of fabric and not moulded plastic as before. Jetfire also includes his Axe from when he joins the battle in Egypt.

While we'll no doubt have better pictures from the actual event, feast your eyes on these reveals for now and let us know in the Energon Pub what your thoughts are. Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Color me impressed. I was sure the teased leader SS figure was going to be Tank Megs from RotF. Never expected a DotM version, and one that looks this good. Hopefully the feet are mistransformed because they are blocky as heck.

As to Jetfire, while I love the SR-71 Blackbird alt mode, I never really liked the original, too much robot parts undercarriage for me and skipped on it then. I might consider this one, if it hides the robot better in Jet mode.

We already got tank megs as a Voyager which fits the size chart better. Why would they make a leader version?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Munkky » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:04 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
From Paris Comic-Con:

Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby Overcracker » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
ZeroWolf wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

We already got tank megs as a Voyager which fits the size chart better. Why would they make a leader version?

Because why would a Truck the size of Prime have to be a leader class toy? There's no reason to make a truck be leader sized, when your other leader sized items are a Helicopter and a Dinosaur.

At the very least the 2007 Movie Jet may have made more sense.

Still looks very nice. But was not expecting it.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 am

I'm not sure I follow, as as Prime is a Voyager.

@munkky those images aren't appearing for me
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:15 am

Overcracker wrote:Because why would a Truck the size of Prime have to be a leader class toy?

Because DOTM Megs isn't just a truck the size of prime, it is a truck and trailer which would take up at least twice the volume when the trucks were in scale with each other.

Edit: I'd love to see some side by side shots of Prime and Megs in truck modes for comparison.
Last edited by TF-fan kev777 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Skill: 7

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:15 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Wish we got more info on DOTM Megatron at the panel, but that remolded SS Optimus looks SO much better than the first one! I'm glad I waited. Unless a DOTM remold is announced before this one comes out, it'll be my main movie Prime.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Overcracker » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:50 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Because why would a Truck the size of Prime have to be a leader class toy?

Because DOTM Megs isn't just a truck the size of prime, it is a truck and trailer which would take up at least twice the volume when the trucks were in scale with each other.

Edit: I'd love to see some side by side shots of Prime and Megs in truck modes for comparison.

They are different types of trucks.

Prime is a Peterbilt cab, while Megatron is old timey Mack Cab.

In reality, a Peterbilt Cab is about .75% the length of a Mack Cab + Tanker.

Basically what you are saying is a Truck that is normally 25 feet long should be larger than a Cybertronian Tank, and a Helicopter (Blackout) that in real life is 88ft long.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINNYCAKE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks cupcake 2019 Hasbro"
MINNYCAKE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRISOURTOPS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Triceratops Orange 2019"
TRISOURTOPS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INKY INKERSON Transformers BotBots Con Crew Meet N Greets graphic novel book"
INKY INKERSON Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NRJEEZ Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Energy Drink Soda Can"
NRJEEZ Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NAMPY Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo Goo Groopies 2019 Hasbro Baby Crib"
NAMPY Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOB TOOB Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tv television"
GOOB TOOB Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAZERBOLT Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Combiner Hasbro 2014 New"
LAZERBOLT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERBOLT Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
SILVERBOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRICITRUSTOPS Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes Hasbro 2020 orange"
TRICITRUSTOPS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON