This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
o.supreme wrote:Well it looks like I'll be making my first SS purchase with Jetfire. Although I am confused...why would they have him combine with Movie 1 Prime? Shouldn't it be with the RotF Prime which is currently out?

Also I do see there are some technical differences with the current RotF Voyager, and this new Movie 1 Prime, but they really didn't change in between films. I never thought I'd say this, but this is one time it should have been a straight up repaint, but it wasn't ...how very odd. But Still I'm glad. This is one I was hoping would happen. The other, being Devstator...I know is going to be more complicated, if ever done :-s

Why would they have him combine with Movie 1 Prime and not the ROTF-labeled one that's currently out? Because Movie 1 Prime has been modified to actually support the combination. And to have a chest that doesn't look like it used the 2007 Optimus toys for reference.

As I stated previously, the only change to Optimus' body between Movie 1 and RotF is just that he's a bit more weathered in robot mode. It's a very minor cosmetic thing. There is literally no reason you can't use "Movie 1" Optimus for ROTF scenes. Obviously you'd have to borrow the inferior previous version's swords for some of it, but then you'd have to do that for his fight with Bonecrusher anyway.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Bucky » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:15 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
ZeroWolf wrote:Well said Bucky.

Thanks, Zero. ;)^

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I mean I love the current Studio Series Optimus Prime and he's been one of the most fun TF figures I've ever owned. Frickin' love his proportions and posability more than any other Prime. And this new one is even better. The new chest looks great (and yay for blue doors on there this time) and I like how the wheel parts on the upper legs are much more streamlined now too. Also can use the swords from the first one with this one too. And I like how the new backpack isn't so square too. And of course I'll add paint to the new one and buy another set of Toyhax Studio Prime stickers to add the flames. :D

I think that you and I are in a very small minority on these boards, of people who actually really like the first SS Prime. Despite his flaws, which are primarily his bulky chest and dark color scheme, he’s an absolutely stellar figure in my opinion. I feel that his playability, posability, and balance more than make up for his lack of screen accuracy. I realize that said lack of screen accuracy does make him a deviation from the line’s intent, but at the end of the day I strangely find myself not caring, Wave 1 Prime is just plain fun. I could be wrong here, but if he weren’t in a line dedicated to scale and on screen aesthetics, I don’t think as many people would feel so negatively about him.

That being said, I am totally ready to get this new Prime as soon as he hits shelves or HTS. He looks phenomenal.

The more I look at these shots and renders, the more excited I get. There’s a notable improvement in the quality and accuracy of these figures, when compared to their respective predecessors. And the sculpting in this line thus far can’t be overstated. I don’t think it’s far fetched to say that Has/Tak, by and large, are giving those of us who are movie toy fans what we want.

I had been on the fence for a long while, hemming and hawing about whether or not I should pick up the Movie Best Bonecrusher, because I really wanted a Bonecrusher, and never got the original release. Now I’m glad that I debated with myself as much as I did. I’m sure the original one is an “okay” figure, but this is closer to what I want from a figure of that character,

As much as I do like the first Jetfire, this new one looks to have done away with all his major flaws. The end result is a more streamlined, screen accurate representation. As it’s been pointed out, his noggin does appear to be a little oversized, but I think he did have a largish head in the movie. In any event, they did away with the horrible electronic components (a gimmick in toys which I haven’t enjoyed or used since childhood), and a good amount of the kibble. I never understood what those dangly parts were for in the original toy. They don’t even tab in anywhere.

I’m sure someone else has to have brought this up before, but I think part of the reason why I’m in love with this line is because it’s very meat and potatoes. It has a simple mission statement; on screen characters, screen accuracy and scale. With the exception of the KSI troop builder and Shadow Raider (an argument could be made for the sheer volume of ‘Bees but he does vary from film to film, and some are exclusives) there’s little filler. Or at least it isn’t egregious.

There’s also no line wide gimmick, for which I am immensely grateful. Most of the time, I feel that gimmicks hamper a line, and hold back its potential. The only stand out exception I can think of was Titans Return, because it worked well for the line, most of the time, and because I have a lot of love for Headmasters. But there’s no electronics, no oversized spring loaded weapons, no auto morphing, no combining, no linking, no armor, no weird swirly paint/plastic, no pack-in comics to justify a price point for an undersized line of figures. None of that. It really is like the early Generations version of a comprehensive movie line of toys. And I really appreciate that. I’m not a fan of gimmicks in general.

...except, and I’m just putting this out there, I do kind of miss C-clips. I don’t even know if that could be called a full fledged gimmick though. Those were cool.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series Toys Revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18

Postby Agent 53 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:12 am

notirishman wrote:Earlier today, we posted a Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME!

Yes! Jetwing prime will be a partsformer combination!
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:26 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Bucky wrote:*lots of stuff bucky wrote*

I agree with pretty much everything you put in that big post. :) Yes to the first SS Prime and to this new improved upgrade, yes to Jetfire, yes to 'meat and potatoes', yes to no forced gimmick (the g1 dinobots did not need to be combiners... and grimlock in particular suffered).

I said it before but this is my absolute fave toyline in years. of any franchise. Certainly the one I've completed the most of. Usually I'm a very picky/choosey person with any toyline but I have the vast majority of Studio Series figures already and I'm already eager to spend my monies on all these new ones and the deluxes shown a lil while ago (barricade, sideswipe, WWII bee. So damn glad this is a thing. :D
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Bucky » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:37 am

I completely agree. I was debating whether I liked Titans Return more, or if it was tied with SS for me. I think I’ve been more impressed with SS over all though. There’s a few figures that are flat out spectacular, and fun. Starscream is an amazing toy, Grimlock’s patina-like paint job is stunning, and Blackout is still my favorite SS figure so far. TR was more conservative. Maybe if it had the same level of quality and attention to detail that Legends had, I’d say it beats SS, but Hasbro fell short of Takara’s standards.
Bucky
Vehicon

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:22 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Bonecrusher looks amazing. Like, sure there look to be some minor inaccuracies (and I sorta miss the extendo-arms of the old toy, which IIRC was movie-accurate) but in terms of being a good looking, fun toy, barring any horrendous QC smeg-ups this should be top notch.

I'm torn though- I want him a lot but I'm not sure if he'd just be Bayverse Bonecrusher or Earth mode Strika. Which sounds like lunacy I know, but considering both turn into big 6-wheeled military vehicles and have somewhat monstrous robot modes (and Strika was always rather androgynous)...

Jetfire looks cool, but I do wish his SR-71 mode was a bit cleaner underneath. I know he has to combine though, so eh.

Optimus looks nice but I don't need him.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:53 am

If Jetfire partsforms to make Jetwing Optimus...does that mean pieces like the nose of the plane and the engines are simply taken off to transform Jetfire to robot mode? Because I'm having a hard time seeing those parts in the robot mode pics.

Not sure how I feel about that, though I did remove the screws holding the jet nose on ROTF Jetfire for a more accurate robot mode...
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby noctorro » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:00 am

Look okay but can't get myself to like them.

I hate Jetfire's design, an old grumpy farting hunchback man.

Bonecrusher being some sort of ogre mutant monkey with a bughead.

Not excited about these. Not only because I find the designs hidious, but the characters suck (well, Bonecrusher doesn't even have a character).

Here's hoping every single Bumblebee movie character will get a toy. Because Transformers isn't Transformers, Bumblebee is Transformers.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:47 am

Noctorro, if you're a movieverse hater why are you even here?

Carnivus, I fail to understand how PotP Grimlock "suffers" from the combiner gimmick aside from the lack of included weapons. Do I need to put you in the VVH (one of the reasons I don't like the Marvel comics, btw) to get a satisfactory answer out of you? And if you're going to talk about forced gimmicks, then guess what? Jetfire combining with Optimus is a forced gimmick! In the movie, they didn't combine. Jetfire's remains were broken apart and rebuilt differently (possibly not even using all of them) as powerup armor for Optimus in a very complex fashion. Trying to make Jetfire combine with him, even with partsforming, is a forced gimmick and a fool's errand. Jetfire, the combination, or both are going to suffer just as happened with the ROTF leaders. Perhaps not to the same extreme or in the exact same way, since the smegging battery box is no longer a factor, but still.

Jetfire doesn't look like any partsforming is involved in his transformation. There may not even be any in the Jetpower combination shown, now that I look at it more.
And speaking of that combination... Honestly, it doesn't look like much of an improvement on the ROTF toys' combination if at all. It's probably a bit less stiff and seems to actually add relatively more height... but the engines end up even less accurate, I'm not sure if I'm seeing any approximation of the "coattail" panels (I see something that could be them but I canvt be sure), I'm definitely not seeing gun pod that strapped to his left arm, and I'm also not seeing the BFG.
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:56 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I fail to understand how PotP Grimlock "suffers" from the combiner gimmick

Proportions are kinda wonky (especially in dino mode with the ports in the tail), and the budget that was spent on making him combine could have been spent on making him a more poseable, better proportioned toy if he didn't combine. Plus the combiner mode is a bit...not very good.

He looks alright but I'll be honest, he'd be better if he didn't combine.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II

Postby Bucky » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Black Hat pretty much hits the nail on the head. In any combiner limb, torso, or triple changer you have to lose something from the other two modes to achieve a third mode. It’s just what happens. Those combiner pegs and ports take up a decent amount of space. And in the specific case of the Dinobots, their G1 designs were never intended to become combiner components. I don’t think they lend themselves very well to the gimmick, as evidenced by what we wound up with.

Edit:

ZeldatheSwordsman - Except that it’s not a forced gimmick for Jetfire and OP. They did combine. Parts from one joined with the other. You could make the argument that maybe not 100% of Jetfire combined with Optimus, but then we’d wind up with a partsformer (which isn’t a bad thing), but one that has left over parts, to do what with? And if they had gone that route, why would not utilizing all of a toy to combine not be forced, but using it all would be? Also this combination isn’t trying to fit into an already established pattern. It isn’t required to conform to how other combiners combine from the same, or previous toy line. So there’s more freedom there, when it comes to the engineering.

And yes, as i stated before, any combiner or triple changer will suffer some from having to incorporate a third mode option. But like the triple changers and original combiners, Jetfire was designed to combine with Optimus. It isn’t a feature or gimmick that was tacked on to a design some thirty years later. So there’s a difference. It’s also not a fools errand, if it works. Only if it fails. Even in the case of the Dinobots combining it wasn’t a failure. The end result just didn’t look good, and was necessary because there wasn’t a pretext for G1 Dinobots to combine. So you can’t even blame it on nostalgia.
Bucky
Vehicon

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Hopefully these figures will help remove the horrible taste of that god awful craptastic VW Bee from my mouth!
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Skritz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:19 pm

You know, they should have tried to make the new Movie Jetfire like a Siege Weaponizer meant to interact with a new Voyager Optimus Prime, or at least with a retool with 5mm ports all over. Yes it would mean 'sacrificing' some elements for either figure but it is the only way to make that feature work. Also, bonus point, we'd have a movie guy who can interact with a Generations gimmick once again.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Ironhidensh wrote:Hopefully these figures will help remove the horrible taste of that god awful craptastic VW Bee from my mouth!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…………………

Licking toys...….

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Skritz » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:21 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Hopefully these figures will help remove the horrible taste of that god awful craptastic VW Bee from my mouth!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…………………

Licking toys...….

Careful. They might have toxic paint. >:oP
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby DeathReviews » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
Skritz wrote:You know, they should have tried to make the new Movie Jetfire like a Siege Weaponizer meant to interact with a new Voyager Optimus Prime, or at least with a retool with 5mm ports all over. Yes it would mean 'sacrificing' some elements for either figure but it is the only way to make that feature work. Also, bonus point, we'd have a movie guy who can interact with a Generations gimmick once again.

Anything would be an improvement over the mess that was the RotF movie Leader Jetfire. Somehow they made it simple, and yet fiddly to the point of uselessness. And turning it into a stupid Scottish coot didn't help either.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
While I'm glad to see a leader-sized Megatron, I'm not impressed by how he looks. They did a good job with voyager RoTF Megatron, he looks just like the leader version. So why can't they do the reverse with the voyager DoTM version? As for Jetfire, I'm in the minority of those who actually like the RoTF leader version, especially the jet mode. So I'm good on that.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Re: Official hi-res images and product descriptions of Studio Series Toys Revealed at Paris Comic-Con 18

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Agent 53 wrote:
notirishman wrote:Earlier today, we posted a Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME!

Which reminds me... where's Jolt?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Agent 53 wrote:

Which reminds me... where's Jolt?

Yeah, what about Scarecrow's brain Jolt? Why doesn't he get any love?
I'm also kinda hoping for the Arcee triplets because I really want to see their combined mode.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Regarding that Leader DotM Megs, as umpteen people have said the reps most likely have him mistransformed. Heaven forbid Hasbro reps should be competent at representing their products.

Bucky wrote:Black Hat pretty much hits the nail on the head. In any combiner limb, torso, or triple changer you have to lose something from the other two modes to achieve a third mode. It’s just what happens. Those combiner pegs and ports take up a decent amount of space. And in the specific case of the Dinobots, their G1 designs were never intended to become combiner components. I don’t think they lend themselves very well to the gimmick, as evidenced by what we wound up with.

Edit:

ZeldatheSwordsman - Except that it’s not a forced gimmick for Jetfire and OP. They did combine. Parts from one joined with the other. You could make the argument that maybe not 100% of Jetfire combined with Optimus, but then we’d wind up with a partsformer (which isn’t a bad thing), but one that has left over parts, to do what with? And if they had gone that route, why would not utilizing all of a toy to combine not be forced, but using it all would be? Also this combination isn’t trying to fit into an already established pattern. It isn’t required to conform to how other combiners combine from the same, or previous toy line. So there’s more freedom there, when it comes to the engineering.

And yes, as i stated before, any combiner or triple changer will suffer some from having to incorporate a third mode option. But like the triple changers and original combiners, Jetfire was designed to combine with Optimus. It isn’t a feature or gimmick that was tacked on to a design some thirty years later. So there’s a difference. It’s also not a fools errand, if it works. Only if it fails. Even in the case of the Dinobots combining it wasn’t a failure. The end result just didn’t look good, and was necessary because there wasn’t a pretext for G1 Dinobots to combine. So you can’t even blame it on nostalgia.

1. As someone who actually owns all 5 original G1 Dinobots and compared the toys hand-in-hand. those pegs do NOT, in reality, take up extra space (in fact, Snarl is actually a little less fat than his G1 toy). On Slag, Sludge, and Snarl they take up the space that was occupied by the Diaclone cockpits on the originals. Swoop just sacrifices the chest closure, but manages to keep it from looking ugly. And while the ports are noticeable on Grimlock, I don't think they really clutter up the design; I think people blow that way out of proportion.
Beyond that, all five have huge gains in useful articulation. And the way Grimlock's legs transform.. It's kinda cheating, but it's done well enough to not look bad IMO. And it keeps him within mass limits while finding something to do with the tailtip halves. Slag is improved enormously despite losing his robot-mode wings - he's articulated in both modes, and his tail is properly dealt with in robot mode (as opposed to the original toy, where it's an awkward thing sticking out from his waist that you're not sure whether to have it up behind the back taking up a crapton of space, or tuck it under the legs). So I really don't see how the Dinobots being made combiners hurt them. There's no basis other than "Wouldn't it be cool if..?" but that's enough for me.

2. Let me spell it out for you people, since you're apparently unable to grasp my point.
Jetfire was NOT designed to combine with Optimus. Jetfire was designed to transform from SR-71 to robot and back, period. The so-called combination with Optimus isn't a combination. Not even a partsforming one (like, say, RiD Omega Prime) since it's not a matter of structural parts being rearranged in a configuration they were designed for and can be converted back from.
IT'S @#$%ING KITBASHING!!!!!! Ratchet and Jolt literally KITBASH the armor out of Jetfire's remains! That is why trying to make a Jetfire that turns into the Jetpower armor is a forced gimmick and a fool's errand, especially with how complex Bayformers are.

3. And as for "It's not a failure if it works"? Guess what, it doesn't! Not from what we've seen so far! It's still inaccurate, but in different (and in some cases, worse) ways, and unless there's pieces that the idiot reps left out when showing off the combo it doesn't even have the decency to include the weapons the super mode featured in the movie! The ROTF Leader toys' combination, for all its jankiness, at least included approximations of those. This isn't something being compromised for the sake of making a third mode option work well, this is something being compromised for the sake of a third mode option that's even more compromised by a substantial margin.

Meanwhile, I think Volcanicus turned out looking great and works great too. And since Volcanicus was made up for PotP, there's no prior design he has to emulate. So long as the individual Dinobots are kept fairly faithful, he's free to be an original design (And pulls it off wonderfully).
Jetpower Prime does not have that luxury. There is an existing design to match, and it just can't be done using a transforming Jetfire. Too much moves in conflicting directions. or is just completely warped from what it was on Jetfire's body. The only way to properly pull it off is an add-on set. Like the one made by FWI only official, or the Jetwing add-on for DotM Optimus.

JelZe, where's the confirmation that it partsforms? Looking at the trade show photos it looks like it could potentially still be straight-up transformation.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:JelZe, where's the confirmation that it partsforms

That... wasn't the point of my post, it was taking a jab at an overlooked character who provided the means for the "combination"... which was his only role in the movie :lol: Nevertheless, here's the official write-up, with the important bits in bold:

Transformers Studio Series 35 Leader Class Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jetfire Action Figure
(Ages 8 and up)
The Studio Series 35 Voyager Class JETFIRE figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to jet mode in 36 steps. The 8.5-inch figure includes 3 detailed accessories including cane and battle axe accessories. Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. Premium figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Pyramid Desert Battle scene where JETFIRE makes the ultimate sacrifice, heroically giving up his parts to restore and strengthen OPTIMUS PRIME. Imagine this scene and use parts from this JETFIRE figure to convert the 32 Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME figure into JETWING OPTIMUS PRIME! (Sold separately. Subject to availability.) Perfect for fans looking for a more advanced converting figure. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Emphasis on "parts", meaning not all of the figure.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Oops, my bad, should have been asking Agent53 ^^;

And I see. Of course, given the track record of advertising and back-of-box copy, that could just mean the combo doesn't use the axe and cane. :-P

And I agree about poor Jolt needing more love. He didn't do much, but he was still important! I mean, he got the anime-style parts-flying-together powerup sequence to pass muster with Paramount's Captain No-fun know-nothing experts for crying out loud!
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
So what do we think we're going to get tomorrow at that London Comic-con? Considering we just got a few reveals I think we're just going to get a better look at DOTM Megatron, but more reveals would be cool.

Also, who all is in wave 4? It it just Dropkick, KSI Sentry and ROTF Starscream?
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
It's almost the RotF anniversary, we're getting Jetfire and at least 4 Constructicons, I'm still convinced Jolt is the mysterious leaked Deluxe Character B. I still love my RotF Jolt for what he is, especially since I just got to make up what he was like since he showed no personality in the movie, but I really do want a new retail version of him that isn't so easy to transform and is actually accurate to what he looked like. I really just want all the underused and wasted potential characters in the movies to get SS figures. That's part of why I was so glad Stinger was in Wave 1, now he finally gets to do stuff.

My biggest takeaway from yesterday's reveals is still that we don't know who Hasbro's SS-31 is, so there's an unaccounted-for mystery figure that's probably an exclusive that comes out either inbetween or at around the same time as the Sideswipe/Barricade/etc Deluxe wave and the Bonecrusher/OP Voyager wave.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby TulioDude » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Oh Yeaahh Bonecrusher!

Optimus looks pretty good,but with so many good Optimus Prime figures out there,I'm no rush for more.

I liking Jetfire.Everyone seens excited for the combining part with Optimus,but I want him to stand as a good toy on its own.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON