This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Deadput » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:Deadput, what about Clunker Bee?

He's in the straight repaint category (I either accidentally moved him to the repaints with new accessories category when I decided that it should be it's own category separate from straight repaints or I forgot about him completly which is possible since I was going by memory until I looked up the wiki for the exclusives)

So make it 3 there
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Deadput » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 am

joevill wrote:
Not being snarky, was a genuine question. I been ignoring these because I thought they were all repaints initially. I'm looking back now after seeing all the news with this line. The DOTM Megatron was what got me looking closer!

Oh I see, I wasn't sure because you never know when it comes to people on the internet.

Yeah I originally thought SS was just gonna be a one year filler line for the Bee movie to make up for the reduced cast of the Bee movie.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Prowl4 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Nice inclusion of the Igor head thing there.
Looking to swap a takara Titan class fortress maximus head for a Hasbro US retail Titan fortress maximus head.

Would alternatively buy a Hasbro US retail fortress maximus head on its own if anyone had one for sale.

PM me.
Prowl4
Banned
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby dragons » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Stryker P28 wrote: mistransformed

New record first time saw this word pop up as first comment in toy topic it’s than hurricane and it’s crime for mistransforming toys,.

Back on topic figure looks good better from voyager we got when movie was first released
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Deadput wrote:
joevill wrote:
Not being snarky, was a genuine question. I been ignoring these because I thought they were all repaints initially. I'm looking back now after seeing all the news with this line. The DOTM Megatron was what got me looking closer!

Oh I see, I wasn't sure because you never know when it comes to people on the internet.

Yeah I originally thought SS was just gonna be a one year filler line for the Bee movie to make up for the reduced cast of the Bee movie.

To be fair, the first wave of Deluxes were mostly based on older figures when it came to engineering, so that may have skewed our views a bit. All in all though, most are new molds, with only #25 Bumblebee, Cogman, Thundercracker and multi-pack Drift directly derived from older lines.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8

Video Review of Transformers Studio Series KSI Sentry

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, PrimevPrime, we have an English video review of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class KSI Sentry! Sentry is a blue redeco and a slight retool of Stinger who was released back as part of the first wave of Studio Series Deluxes.

Those who are looking for this guy should keep an eye on store shelves over the next couple of weeks as he'll be in the same wave as Bumblebee movie antagonist Dropkick.

Will you be picking KSI Sentry up? Will you be troop building him so that Stinger can lead an army of his own? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Deadput » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Man he looks so nice even if he isn't film accurate.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Re: Video Review of Transformers Studio Series KSI Sentry

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:Will you be picking KSI Sentry up? Will you be troop building him so that Stinger can lead an army of his own? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Won't be troop building but I will almost certainly get one cos I love the Stinger mold and that shade of blue and that new head sculpt and I want his blue(s) brother (of sorts) here to go with him for a nice red/blue combo. I guess like Shatter and (car) Dropkick are. :O Heck, Stinger and Sentry could be my movie-verse Runabout and Runamuck I suppose.

And yes I wanna see more of that DotM Megatron. The detail looks promising and I do love the lil Igor bonus figure.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Re: Video Review of Transformers Studio Series KSI Sentry

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Will you be picking KSI Sentry up? Will you be troop building him so that Stinger can lead an army of his own? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Won't be troop building but I will almost certainly get one cos I love the Stinger mold and that shade of blue and that new head sculpt and I want his blue(s) brother (of sorts) here to go with him for a nice red/blue combo. I guess like Shatter and (car) Dropkick are. :O Heck, Stinger and Sentry could be my movie-verse Runabout and Runamuck I suppose.

And yes I wanna see more of that DotM Megatron. The detail looks promising and I do love the lil Igor bonus figure.

I'm quite happy with how megs turned out from the initial images, and igor is a great touch as you say.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
How 'bout the Shadow Raiders? Anyone gonna troop build them so Lockdown can have his crew?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby skidflap » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Motto: ""Don't look at me; nothing on this planet makes sense. Hot dog, but it's not a pet!""
Weapon: Railgun
Sabrblade wrote:How 'bout the Shadow Raiders? Anyone gonna troop build them so Lockdown can have his crew?

I intend to. I'll have 5 or 6 to have them loom over Lockdown.
"The Lord created the fart and added a smell so the deaf could enjoy" - Redd Foxx.
skidflap
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Ig89ninja » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Sabrblade wrote:How 'bout the Shadow Raiders? Anyone gonna troop build them so Lockdown can have his crew?

Maybe, depending on how well they look with ROTF version
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4
Skill: ???

Takara Transformers Studio Series Full Upcoming Release Order

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks once more to Planet Iacon's Facebook page, we have a nice collage of images from Loopaza Mega Store showcasing the Takara Tomy release numbers for the upcoming Studio Series figures.

The collage shows us SS-19 through SS-33, with the one figure in the list not yet revealed being the rumored 3rd Optimus Prime. We have no information regarding this mystery Optimus Prime yet, whether he might be a The Last Knight voyager re-release, yet another version of the first Trilogy Prime, or something else entirely (maybe a Bumblebee movie Optimus?). But once we have information we will be sure to share it with you.

Of important note here is that Megatron is on the Takara release schedule, and his reveal in his Dark of the Moon body has been a major talking point of the past several weeks.

Here are the images and the full list of figures coming out. Check them out, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

SS-19 WWII Bumblebee
SS-20 Sideswipe
SS-21 Barricade
SS-22 Crankcase
SS-23 Clunker Bumblebee
SS-24 Bonecrusher
SS-25 Optimus Prime
SS-26 Jetfire
SS-27 Megatron
SS-28 Dropkic
SS-29 Shatter
SS-30 Mystery Optimus Prime
SS-31 Cogman
SS-32 Scrapmetal
SS-33 Rampage

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
What Optimus is left? DotM with a weapons trailer? Another stab at AOE Optimus, it'll have been nearly two years by the time these come out since we've had an AOE/TLK style Optimus?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
One thing's for sure about that Optimus silhouette: It's Movie the Best MB-01 Optimus Prime stock photography, so it's likely just a placeholder.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Of note is that Clunker Bumblebee has been renamed to "Rusty Bumblebee" for TakaraTomy.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 am

Nope. Just the one again.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 am

PrimeVsPrime review of RotF Starscream

Damn I love the deco on this figure. I needs it.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby AlexisSkrull » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Motto: ""When life gives you flies.... you eat them!""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Flashwave wrote:So, I was more into this toy of WWII Bee until I saw his chest plate just sorta chilling under the car... is that supposed to be something? Minesweeper or tranny armor?

I know this is sorta off-topic but that comment was offensive. I am transgender and really get upset when "tranny" is thrown around like this! I am sorry to go off like this but I am getting sick of it as I see stuff like this all the time on toy forums.

On topic: I haven't gotten any of these but I am seriously considering WW II BB, Shatter, Cogman, and the Shadow Raider!
AlexisSkrull
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Frog
Strength: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:26 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:I still have one version on display. The Walmart exclusive. That sonnova may not be screen accurate, but man, the PAINT!

I have that one, missing it's guns. But I just don't care for the deco at all. The original silver with red just looks way better to me. I regretted selling that one years ago. Never mind. The new one is far more scale correct with the other Studio figures.

AlexisSkrull wrote:
Flashwave wrote:So, I was more into this toy of WWII Bee until I saw his chest plate just sorta chilling under the car... is that supposed to be something? Minesweeper or tranny armor?

I know this is sorta off-topic but that comment was offensive. I am transgender and really get upset when "tranny" is thrown around like this! I am sorry to go off like this but I am getting sick of it as I see stuff like this all the time on toy forums.

Yeah I didn't see that (had to go back a few pages and search for the username) but that's not on. I'm not even quite sure i understand the usage in the comment either but that's not important.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Overcracker » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
AlexisSkrull wrote:

On topic: I haven't gotten any of these but I am seriously considering WW II BB, Shatter, Cogman, and the Shadow Raider!

I'm fairly certain he was using it as the normally accepted nickname for "transmission", as in a car's transmission.

Its referred to as a tranny in most car circles. The piece under the car being armor for the car's transmission.

Back on topic, Megs looks excellent. Sideswipe is very appealing. And another Movie Prime I want to buy. At this rate my movie Prime collection will be as large as my regular Prime collection.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
AlexisSkrull wrote:

Yeah I didn't see that (had to go back a few pages and search for the username) but that's not on. I'm not even quite sure i understand the usage in the comment either but that's not important.

As Overcracker indicated, I'm certain he was using tranny as short for transmission, especially because a minesweeper or tranny armor would be located under the front of the vehicle right below the engine and transmission. Both would be in the general area where the chest plate ends up in vehicle mode.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
AlexisSkrull wrote:

As Overcracker indicated, I'm certain he was using tranny as short for transmission, especially because a minesweeper or tranny armor would be located under the front of the vehicle right below the engine and transmission. Both would be in the general area where the chest plate ends up in vehicle mode.

Ah ok. Never heard it used for cars like that. But then I know absolutely nothing about cars (health issues prevent me from driving). :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Short Circuit » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I may be a bit late to the party on this, but something just clicked. I think Shadow Raider may be orange as a tongue in cheek reference to the War Planets "Shadow Raiders" cartoon that mainframe produced back in the day. One of the main characters bears a striking resemblance colour-scheme-wise.
Short Circuit
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Micro-Jet
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Short Circuit wrote:I may be a bit late to the party on this, but something just clicked. I think Shadow Raider may be orange as a tongue in cheek reference to the War Planets "Shadow Raiders" cartoon that mainframe produced back in the day. One of the main characters bears a striking resemblance colour-scheme-wise.

Had to look that up as I'd never heard of it. Is Graveheart the character you mean? His armour and helmet are black and orange (though it sometimes looks gold or yellow in other pics). If it is indeed a reference then it's very obscure one. :O

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON