This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Deadput wrote: it's pretty great especially with a free month of Amazon Prime for that free 2 day shipping.

Careful because your credit card will be automatically charged with the subscription fee if you don't cancel it after those two months.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Deadput » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:18 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote: it's pretty great especially with a free month of Amazon Prime for that free 2 day shipping.

Careful because your credit card will be automatically charged with the subscription fee if you don't cancel it after those two months.

Yeah normally I would have cancelled right before the trial ended but I had some 5 dollar credit that I got via promotion, so I payed for one more month so I could use that credit for Blastoff.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 am

It's that simple."
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Yeah normally I would have cancelled right before the trial ended but I had some 5 dollar credit that I got via promotion, so I payed for one more month so I could use that credit for Blastoff.

So... you actually paid MORE to save less?
:???:

It's like buying a 5$ off coupon for the low, low price of 20$ or something.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:41 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Deadput wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

So... you actually paid MORE to save less?
:???:

It's like buying a 5$ off coupon for the low, low price of 20$ or something.

No it's just I don't want to waste the actual 5 dollars that I got from a promotion that was expiring.

It's not like paying 6-8 dollars for a month is going to put me into debt, plus I had a discount for the figure itself so I ended up paying like 15-16 dollars for Blastoff instead of the 30 some dollars the figure was normally.

It was a good really good deal, plus I started watching a show on Prime that I didn't get to finish yet so I'll be doing that during this month, and I want to keep an eye out to see if there is any other Transformers figures for reasonable price on Amazon since I'll be getting a bit of Christmas money, plan to see if some of the Studio series figures are cheap, Lockdown and Jazz are the ones I want most.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am

It's that simple."
Ah in that case...

On my end, I get so many promotions and coupons. However, if I use all of them I would not save any money at all and I'll end up with random crap that I never really wanted.

I must be careful because my objective is to save money to get some premium stuff that can cost 300$ or more. If not a thousand.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:33 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:Ah in that case...

On my end, I get so many promotions and coupons. However, if I use all of them I would not save any money at all and I'll end up with random crap that I never really wanted.

I must be careful because my objective is to save money to get some premium stuff that can cost 300$ or more. If not a thousand.

Know what you mean, trying to save up for the Takara version of the Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal and later in April that big LG-EX Big Powered set which is gonna cost somewhere around 200 dollers, luckily there is a gap between those two releases so if I'm lucky I can get both.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Studio Series News Roundup with New Sightings and Reviews + In Hand Images of Rampage and

Postby william-james88 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
There is a lot going on in the Transformers Studio Series line. So much that it calls for a quick fire round up. Here is all you need to get up to speed on what's new.

The latest wave of deluxes and voyagers (scheduled for a January 2019 release) have been found. Not in the US yet, but we have reports of them in Taiwan. The wave includes WWII Bumblebee, DOTM Sideswipe, Bonecrusher and the new Optimus Prime that can combine with leader Jetfire.

Regarding that new Prime, we have images showing how it compares to the previous Optimus Prime released in the line and it is far from just having slightly different tooling and colours. It actually looks to have a totally different transformation for the torso, especially in terms of where a lot of kibble ends up in the back. The pictures were posted on the TFND Facebook page (along with the sighting above).

We also have our first in hand images of Rampage, a voyager coming later next year. He is movie accurate in the best and worst ways possible as you will see. Please remember that it does seem like the threads can become whips and there may have been some sacrificing to have a combining movie Devastator. The pictures were found on Instagram.

Also we have three new reviews from PrimevsPrime showing us the upcoming deluxe Barricade, WWII Bee and Sideswipe.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:13 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I'm really struggling to find parts in common between the two Primes. Feet, gray shins, pelvis, and maybe the head. It's definitely more than just a new chest like we initially thought.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:53 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
So after seeing the Bumblebee movie yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that we need a **** ton more figures from this movie in the SS line. Starting with a new Dropkick.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 am

It's that simple."
Ironhidensh wrote:So after seeing the Bumblebee movie yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that we need a **** ton more figures from this movie in the SS line. Starting with a new Dropkick.

That movie was INCREDIBLE. It was a nice mix of E.T and The Love Bug, plus all the bots were classic looking. Seriously, many designs on Cybertron need to be made into the SS series. I'd go nut for that movieverse Arcee who don't look like an aborted shrimp.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:57 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Ironhidensh wrote:So after seeing the Bumblebee movie yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that we need a **** ton more figures from this movie in the SS line. Starting with a new Dropkick.

I need an SS Blitzwing after seeing the movie, A Jeep Bumblebee that doesn’t use SS-18’s engineering would be cool too (and, of course, the other modes for Shatter and Dropkick), but I think that’s pretty much it in terms of figures I want in SS. I’d be interested in a Cybertronian Bumblebee, but those designs are kind of a rabbit hole I don’t know if I want SS going down. I think siege has the G1-with-greebles thing covered already.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Optimus looks great, my only gripe would be that the back still isn’t quite good, even though it’s leaps and bounds better than the previous Prime.

Rampage is shite though. I understand they sacrificed anything good in order for him to combine, but I loathe ROTF Devastator, so I’m perfectly happy using my ROTF Rampage alongside the new Studio Series Long Haul. I don’t need my Constructicons to combine.

Hopefully they’re able to make Scavenger/Demolisher not suck balls.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby steals_your_goats » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am

Weapon: Twin Swords

Yes please! Dropkick deserves a much better toy than the one he has now. I'd love a seeker mold too. I don't care if it's the Cybertron one or the Blitzwing one, just make a good one and repaint the absolute **** out of it. I will buy them all.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Studio Series News Roundup with New Sightings and Reviews + In Hand Images of Rampage and

Postby Overcracker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
william-james88 wrote:Image

Daaaaaaaaamn!...

Wasn't really expecting to pick up any of the Constructicons, but damn if that Rampage isn't all kinds of hot & sexy robot.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby JazztfLaw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:35 pm

So, a pogo stick with a robot head, laying underneath a bulldozer? Okay, got it. ;)^
JazztfLaw
Mini-Con

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:52 pm

It's that simple."
So. Rampage transform into a tree then.

Weird.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:So. Rampage transform into a tree then.

Weird.

Accurate to the movie I guess, kinda wish there was some articulation to the tail but it definitely looks more like the movie character then Mr. "I'm not a centaur honest"
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Does he turn into a hand for devesator again or a leg? I'm thinking it would be awesome to try and get that form as a leg to gave pirate devesator
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeroWolf wrote:Does he turn into a hand for devesator again or a leg? I'm thinking it would be awesome to try and get that form as a leg to gave pirate devesator
Leg.

Though, the one in the movie who formed the leg was yellow, while the red one was off busy fighting and being killed by Bumblebee. Then again, since only the red one who didn't combine was specifically identified as Rampage in the movie, if they do eventually make a yellow version later, he could always be given the name and identity of Skipjack.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby no-one » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:28 am

I agree but only on the bots on Cybertron. Because I want them all ;)^

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Bee's cybertronian alt-mode make the WfC/FoC games pretty closely.

I'd only want new Dropkick and Shatter molds if they're full on triple-changers, but I know that's a tall order. They were good bad guys but I didn't find them all that interesting.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:34 am

It's that simple."
I really hope some or all those TRUE Cybertronian designs from the Bee Movie to make it into the SS line.

But I know they won't happen because it would enter direct competition with the current Generations Cybertron Trilogy.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby no-one » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:39 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:But I know they won't happen because it would enter direct competition with the current Generations Cybertron Trilogy.
I don't know, we're kinda chumps. I know I'd buy both. The Cybertronian OP in the SS line proves there a possibility. Oddly enough I want him more than the Siege Prime.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:42 am

It's that simple."
carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:But I know they won't happen because it would enter direct competition with the current Generations Cybertron Trilogy.
I don't know, we're kinda chumps. I know I'd buy both. The Cybertronian OP in the SS line proves there a possibility. Oddly enough I want him more than the Siege Prime.

Me too on both accounts.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:57 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:I really hope some or all those TRUE Cybertronian designs from the Bee Movie to make it into the SS line.

Ironhidensh wrote:So after seeing the Bumblebee movie yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that we need a **** ton more figures from this movie in the SS line.

No, we f***ing don't. Studio Series was the only Transformers toyline I actually enjoyed to collect and now it's threatening to start to turning into yet another boring G1 update line like we've had countless times before with the appearance of that bricky-looking G1 Prime (which doesn't look even half as good as the update of the real movie Prime. Goddamn, yet another reason why I wish that dumb idiotic unoriginal sloppily written movie had been a total reboot so it could be separate from this and all it's toys could go under a separate movie line. Don't even much like having my TWO (yellow and gold) VW Bees on that shelf anymore. If I want Transformers resembling the G1 characters I'd bloody well buy stuff from PotP, Siege and so on. But I don't cos those tired bricky designs don't appeal to me. Hell, most of them didn't do it for me even when I was a kid in the 80s.

And 'TRUE Cybertronian' designs? What the hell's that supposed to mean? This movie has really made a total mess of things. So all the movie characters I've loved the designs of for the past ten years are supposed to have originally looked like their G1 counterparts that I dislike? Gee thanks Travis Knight, you dick...
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Deadput » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:05 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I really hope some or all those TRUE Cybertronian designs from the Bee Movie to make it into the SS line.

Ironhidensh wrote:So after seeing the Bumblebee movie yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that we need a **** ton more figures from this movie in the SS line.

No, we f***ing don't. Studio Series was the only Transformers toyline I actually enjoyed to collect and now it's threatening to start to turning into yet another boring G1 update line like we've had countless times before with the appearance of that bricky-looking G1 Prime (which doesn't look even half as good as the update of the real movie Prime. Goddamn, yet another reason why I wish that dumb idiotic unoriginal sloppily written movie had been a total reboot so it could be separate from this and all it's toys could go under a separate movie line. Don't even much like having my TWO (yellow and gold) VW Bees on that shelf anymore. If I want Transformers resembling the G1 characters I'd bloody well buy stuff from PotP, Siege and so on. But I don't cos those tired bricky designs don't appeal to me. Hell, most of them didn't do it for me even when I was a kid in the 80s.

Don't bloody buy those toys then problem solved, whoopity doo things that you don't like exist, why you raining down on those who do want toys of those designs?

The answer to things is coexisting, not crusading to get rid of something.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:[
And 'TRUE Cybertronian' designs? What the hell's that supposed to mean? This movie has really made a total mess of things. So all the movie characters I've loved the designs of for the past ten years are supposed to have originally looked like their G1 counterparts that I dislike? Gee thanks Travis Knight, you dick...

Oh yeah, that Travis sure is an evil bastard tarnishing childhoods eh.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 231208Y"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200813 9B (CA) Williams (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721C"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #18 IDW Comics 2012 210411A (CA) Loh (W) Dixon (A) Rosado"
GI JOE #18 IDW Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #15 Marvel Comics 1989 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON