This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Brokebot » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
I was going to skip this line because I have no interest in Bayformers, but I succumbed to the temptation of VW Bumblebee, and now I wish I had stuck to my guns. Just keeping it together while transforming it was the biggest challenge. Fold in the hands, they fall off. Fold down the window, it falls off. Rotate the legs, they pop off. While the detailing is pretty good, I think making this in a larger scale would have produced a better, more solid figure. Anyway, my two cents. >:oP

Last edited by Brokebot on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brokebot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Well, the next year of Studio Series figures is right around the corner, and I still have never seen Ironhide in store (or RotF Starscream). Nor have I seen the Deluxe waves beyond the one with Jazz and Lockdown more than once ever. It would be nice if they were at least available on Hasbro Toy Shop. So much for improved distribution.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Brokebot » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Wolfman Jake wrote:Well, the next year of Studio Series figures is right around the corner, and I still have never seen Ironhide in store (or RotF Starscream). Nor have I seen the Deluxe waves beyond the one with Jazz and Lockdown more than once ever. It would be nice if they were at least available on Hasbro Toy Shop. So much for improved distribution.

Yeah, getting your crap on the shelves for Christmas is for chumps and losers.
Brokebot
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Something else
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Skill: Infinity

Postby Deadput » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:In that shot he still has parts of Jetfire on him, that's why he looks that way. The only parts he lost were the thrusters and wings.

I know that it's due to Jetfire parts, but I was posting that screenshot to show that Jetfire combining with Prime was more then just him getting some thrusters, armor panels and new guns, he was "wrapped" around Prime and such.

So a toy of that design would only be accurate if it was either a non separable "action figure" type figure or if it was an Optimus Prime that couldn't Transform (or turn into a bad truck mode) that came with separate Jetfire pieces like that cancelled figure from a few years ago.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Wolfman Jake wrote:Well, the next year of Studio Series figures is right around the corner, and I still have never seen Ironhide in store (or RotF Starscream). Nor have I seen the Deluxe waves beyond the one with Jazz and Lockdown more than once ever. It would be nice if they were at least available on Hasbro Toy Shop. So much for improved distribution.

The fact that you can get the final 2018 wave voyager right now on 30% discount on Amazon indicates that distribution has improved
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Stu ... ref=plSrch

They even have the shortpacked KSI sentry:
https://www.amazon.com/Tra-Gen-Studio-D ... ref=plSrch

This is a heck of an improvement over the distribution for the last movie line.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
william-james88 wrote:

The fact that you can get the final 2018 wave voyager right now on 30% discount on Amazon indicates that distribution has improved

An improvement, perhaps, but it's still ridiculous that I can't buy Voyager Ironhide right now for regular retail price. I can, however, walk into ANY Target and buy my pick of Wave 2 Voyager Megatrons and Brawls that have been sitting on the shelf for months for a deep discount and get some free popcorn to boot! That's messed up.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

An improvement, perhaps, but it's still ridiculous that I can't buy Voyager Ironhide right now for regular retail price. I can, however, walk into ANY Target and buy my pick of Wave 2 Voyager Megatrons and Brawls that have been sitting on the shelf for months for a deep discount and get some free popcorn to boot! That's messed up.

Make sure you check out the other voyagers with Megatron. When I found Screamer in November, I thought the Target was behind with wave 2 voyagers, until I saw screamers behind 2 megatrons.

i personally am greatly pleased with the SS distribution. I found every figure at retail in a timely fashion. I didn't find myself waiting 5 months like the Wave 2 PotP deluxes, of which I never saw Blackwing, Moonracer, or Snarl at retail
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
At the level of individual stores, distribution will always be at the mercy of shelfwarming toys.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby JazztfLaw » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Nice set of photo gallery, something I miss having on this site for new figures... [-(
JazztfLaw
Mini-Con

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm

This is kind of random and a quick google and tfwiki didn't turn up any results. Has there been any rumors of a Shockwave in the Studio Series line?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
carytheone wrote:This is kind of random and a quick google and tfwiki didn't turn up any results. Has there been any rumors of a Shockwave in the Studio Series line?

No Shockwave rumors no
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:02 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Make sure you check out the other voyagers with Megatron. When I found Screamer in November, I thought the Target was behind with wave 2 voyagers, until I saw screamers behind 2 megatrons.

i personally am greatly pleased with the SS distribution. I found every figure at retail in a timely fashion. I didn't find myself waiting 5 months like the Wave 2 PotP deluxes, of which I never saw Blackwing, Moonracer, or Snarl at retail

Yeah, I check every box each time, just to be sure I'm not accidentally passing up on something I'm looking for. Studio Series distribution has been very poor for Minneapolis and St. Paul, but things were better for Power of the Primes, believe it or not. I've seen every single figure from that line multiple times at brick and mortar stores, except for Novastar. I even spotted a Moonracer again just before Xmas. She was gone the next morning, though.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby ebo716 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:45 am

Motto: "Changes aren't permanent, but change is."
Weapon: Proton Rifle
31D98712-0DF8-470D-85A0-551C6434A43B.jpeg
31D98712-0DF8-470D-85A0-551C6434A43B.jpeg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 32668 times
We now have a picture of the back of the Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime’s alt mode as well as in comparison with evasion mode Optimus prime from AOE and MP-10
ebo716
Minibot
Alt Mode: The boat from the scary tunnel scene in Willy Wonka

Postby Emerje » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ebo716 wrote:
We now have a picture of the back of the Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime’s alt mode as well as in comparison with evasion mode Optimus prime from AOE and MP-10

Got a source? It might be news worthy, but we can't do anything without one. ;)^

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
The new Optimus have the best behind of the 3. It's the most realistic and less bulky. If I see it in store, it will be an instant buy.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:25 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
So today in the post I got the new SS Jetfire, Optimus and Bonecrusher. I noticed something I don't think anyone has picked up on yet however.

In the packaging of Jetfire, there was a fake-chest piece for Optimus. I thought maybe it was a spare for the new SS Optimus, but it is a completely different colour. More metallic red than the other one.

optimuschest.jpg

I may be mistaken, but is this the same colour as the ROTF Optimus? I don't know if this means that Jetfire could be compatible or not, I am yet to transform either Jetfire or Optimus. I don't have the ROTF Optimus so I can't be sure myself.
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
ebo716 wrote:

Got a source? It might be news worthy, but we can't do anything without one. ;)^

Emerje
This is the source - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUChzcoFWnmErS2U-kUOu4w/community
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Overcracker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:03 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
ebo716 wrote:

Impressively clean truck mode. No Robot kibble pretty much at all there.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:13 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I never combined the original Prime and Jetfire figures from RotF. Never looked good enough to bother. Once again, Studio Series has scored a touchdown. I'm very excited for these figures. I just hope they don't suffer from the random QC issues that crop up in the line.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

New In-Hand Images of Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Sabrblade, we have discovered some new in-hand pictures of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series #38 Voyager Class Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime figure! These come couresty of YouTuber TonTon Reviews, presumably as a preview of his next review.

For comparison, they have put this new entry into the Studio Series with MP-10 and Takara Tomy's Movie Advanced series "Classics Optimus Prime" (Evasion Mode Optimus Prime). This gives us a good look at the back of the figure in Alt mode.

Are you still wanting to get your hands on this version of Prime? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
This new SS classic Optimus blow the new siege one out of the water in looks alone. Very clean bot mode and truck mode without any weird extra bits. I'm looking forward to how he transform and his overall quality.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:58 am

LeAwesome1 wrote:So today in the post I got the new SS Jetfire, Optimus and Bonecrusher. I noticed something I don't think anyone has picked up on yet however.

In the packaging of Jetfire, there was a fake-chest piece for Optimus. I thought maybe it was a spare for the new SS Optimus, but it is a completely different colour. More metallic red than the other one.

optimuschest.jpg

I may be mistaken, but is this the same colour as the ROTF Optimus? I don't know if this means that Jetfire could be compatible or not, I am yet to transform either Jetfire or Optimus. I don't have the ROTF Optimus so I can't be sure myself.

I'm curious about this as well. I don't know what this is or means
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I wonder if this Prime will be in scale with the Trilogy trailer in truck mode.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Randomhero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:This new SS classic Optimus blow the new siege one out of the water in looks alone. Very clean bot mode and truck mode without any weird extra bits. I'm looking forward to how he transform and his overall quality.

That’s good considering they’re two different characters and toys that begs the question on why compare them
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if this Prime will be in scale with the Trilogy trailer in truck mode.
Probably not. The Trilogy trailer was Deluxe-scaled. This toy's a Voyager.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EARTHSPARK Official Guidebook Paperback Simon Spotlight Book 2023"
Transformers EARTH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON