This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:50 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Well there’s also Lockdown/Shadow Raider, both Ratchets, the upcoming Battle Damage Megatron...

Megs and Shadow Raider have different heads I know, but they’re not that different aside from paint decos. I don’t know if Ratchet had any differences though.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Deadput » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Well there’s also Lockdown/Shadow Raider, both Ratchets, the upcoming Battle Damage Megatron...

Megs and Shadow Raider have different heads I know, but they’re not that different aside from paint decos. I don’t know if Ratchet had any differences though.

Ratchet has different accessories so in a sense it's a "remold" to an extent.

Cogman is a repaint...of a figure from a completely different line that was difficult to find.

There isn't any straight repaints in this line that don't include anything new whether that be weapons or heads with the exception of Clunker Bumblebee and Crankcase which the latter is a travesty.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Deadput wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Well there’s also Lockdown/Shadow Raider, both Ratchets, the upcoming Battle Damage Megatron...

Cogman is a repaint...of a figure from a completely different line that was difficult to find.

There isn't any straight repaints in this line that don't include anything new whether that be weapons or heads with the exception of Clunker Bumblebee and Crankcase which the latter is a travesty.

I really wouldnt consider toys with new weapons to be remolds. They are just redecos with new accessories.
The SS line has way more redecos than that. There are the gold BB toys, the one the comes with a small Hailey Steinfeld, and the two pack that includes an ever so slight redeco of TLK Bee and a rusty version of VW Bee, plus the upcoming Drift and the other Voyager Starscream we got.

Also, while he did have a new head, I do think we should mention Thundercracker.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I don't mind SS Cogman being a repaint. I never saw him at retail. And my interest in the movie lines at that time was pretty low. Hell, I've never seen the Last knight and have no intention to.

I do want a Hound, and those packs of small figures Carnivus_Prime mentioned earlier would be really appleaing to me. :D
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:

I really wouldnt consider toys with new weapons to be remolds. They are just redecos with new accessories.
The SS line has way more redecos than that. There are the gold BB toys, the one the comes with a small Hailey Steinfeld, and the two pack that includes an ever so slight redeco of TLK Bee and a rusty version of VW Bee, plus the upcoming Drift and the other Voyager Starscream we got.

Also, while he did have a new head, I do think we should mention Thundercracker.

When discounting exclusives, and new accessories, #16 DotM Ratchet would be the first straight redeco in the line, followed by #21 Starscream, then the aforementioned Clunker Bee and Crankcase. Cogman does stand out more for being the first "older import" in the main line, even though the exclusives Thundercracker and 2-pack TLK Bumblebee preceded him.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby Deadput » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:05 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I wasnt counting exclusives, only retail/main line

Even then most of them have something new to them whether it be accessories or paint
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3

Studio Series #26 and #27 Spotted at USA Retail

Postby Amelie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:57 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Studio Series #26 WWII Bumblebee and #27 Clunker Bumblebee have finally turned up at USA Retail. Seibertron.com member, taterprime, has sent us photos of of both alongside #28 Barricade and #29 Sideswipe. They were found at Walmart in Mooresville, NC, so keep your optics peeled and they could be popping up in stores close to you very soon (if they already haven't, in which case – you could have sent us a Toy Sighting).

Are you still waiting to find these figures in the wild or have you already cracked and purchased online? With Studio Series' relentless release schedule have you managed to keep up or have you been bogged down trying to catch up? Let us know here on the Energon Pub at Seibertron.com!
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Deadput wrote:I wasnt counting exclusives, only retail/main line

Even then most of them have something new to them whether it be accessories or paint

Repaints is Transformer's bread and butter. It's a thing since the very first days of G1. To complain about it at all is the most redundant thing since ever.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ThatOneGuy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:19 am

Meanwhile, my Wal-Mart is just barely stocking siege deluxes, and from what I seen, 1 copy each of Prime and Megs
ThatOneGuy
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Repaints is Transformer's bread and butter. It's a thing since the very first days of G1. To complain about it at all is the most redundant thing since ever.
Nobody was complaining about it. This user merely asked, as a curiosity, if Cogman was the first ordinary redeco in Studio Series, which led to others trying to answer said question by figuring out if there were any other redecos like it in the line (as in, redecos with no new accessories or retooled parts).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:20 am

Sabrblade wrote:This user[/url] merely asked, as a curiosity, if Cogman was the first ordinary redeco in Studio Series, which led to others trying to answer said question by figuring out if there were any other redecos like it in the line (as in, redecos with no new accessories or retooled parts).

Which is yes, there are other redecos, whichever way one wants to look at it. However, Cogman is the first toy from another line to simply be placed in Studio Series as the same character and same toy but in a premium deco and available at wide retail, meaning for him specifically the SS line is acting as a Premium line of sorts and available at wide retail.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:44 am

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Nobody was complaining about it. This user merely asked, as a curiosity, if Cogman was the first ordinary redeco in Studio Series, which led to others trying to answer said question by figuring out if there were any other redecos like it in the line (as in, redecos with no new accessories or retooled parts).

It's just because the topic is being discussed times and times again.

And speaking of Cogman, that SS release make me feel the burn of paying 55$CAN for importing him even deeper. Especially when he became widely available locally at 15$CAN just recently.
Still, it was the right decision to rerelease him in the SS line because the distribution of the original was pretty damn horrendous. I wonder if I'd be able to swap the car shell parts from the SS Cogman with my customised TLK version to make myself the ultimate Cogman? :-?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:59 pm

SoCal people, check your Target stores. Just found these guys at mine!

I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

It's just because the topic is being discussed times and times again.

And speaking of Cogman, that SS release make me feel the burn of paying 55$CAN for importing him even deeper. Especially when he became widely available locally at 15$CAN just recently.
Still, it was the right decision to rerelease him in the SS line because the distribution of the original was pretty damn horrendous. I wonder if I'd be able to swap the car shell parts from the SS Cogman with my customised TLK version to make myself the ultimate Cogman? :-?

I blame berserker [-(
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:19 pm

It's that simple."
Jetfire come in a bigger box than Megatron.
Interesting. :-?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:33 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:Jetfire come in a bigger box than Megatron.

That is weird, b/c they'd need to make it a non-standard size, likely for jetfires weird neck, but still, that doens't really fit hasbro's m.o., unless megs comes in a smaller box than normal ss leaders :-?

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:

That is weird, b/c they'd need to make it a non-standard size, likely for jetfires weird neck, but still, that doens't really fit hasbro's m.o., unless megs comes in a smaller box than normal ss leaders :-?

I believe they had to make it bigger because Jetfire has to squat, its the way he is designed. So he would have to look extremely weird to fit into the normal box.
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot N » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Hellscream9999 wrote:I blame berserker [-(
I still don't understand why Berserker has multiple toys despite being in the movie for all of five seconds.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 pm

LeAwesome1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I believe they had to make it bigger because Jetfire has to squat, its the way he is designed. So he would have to look extremely weird to fit into the normal box.

So ss grimlock...

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Autobot N wrote:
I still don't understand why Berserker has multiple toys despite being in the movie for all of five seconds.

It's clearly the mold they think they can milk and pass off on consumers...

jokes on them >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Quantum Surge » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
We already know about Long Haul. Maybe they're hiding another Constructicon.
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Ig89ninja » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Dang it, just when I thought my wallet was going to get a break with DEVASTATOR being separated over 2 years,I realize I need to complete my Dreads and potentially get Dropkick’s car mode ALONG WITH drift and crosshairs to complete my ‘new movies’ gang
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Skill: ???

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Autobot N wrote:

And I still don't understand why Hatchet never got a toy...
I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:37 pm

I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

And I still don't understand why Hatchet never got a toy...

He got one of the best Commander class toys of all time.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Hatchet is a Deluxe? :( I was hoping for a massive beast mode, but I guess they have to keep the SUVs all the same size.

After seeing how amazing Bee Movie Prime turned out I'm kinda looking forward to Soundwave. I would like to see a new take on the RotF satellite version at some point, though.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12B (CA) Zama JUN190702"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210493 35A (CA) Samu (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200370 2B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #47 sub IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Roche"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL IDW Comics 2020 Glyph + Tap-Out DEC190656"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 FEB200656 8A (A/CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238040 (CA) Barry + Spicer"
VOID RIVALS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210500 2B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 RI Retail Incentive 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11RI"
TRANSFORMERS #11 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON