Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Hmm, torn on what to do with this Prime. I will get him, but he really won't go with my movie collection. Maybe he'll just be my voyager Prime for my Generations shelf.

I know a bunch of fans are happy with this design, but this ain't my design. the OG movie Prime looks so much better than this, I enjoy it more. This one will make a nice replacement for not getting a Siege voyager while still supporting "my G1" that I love
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14497
News Credits: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hmm, torn on what to do with this Prime. I will get him, but he really won't go with my movie collection. Maybe he'll just be my voyager Prime for my Generations shelf.




I don't see this Optimus as a "Movie Prime" at all either. Just a "more realistic" Generations Optimus. He'll stand proud with my Classic, TR "Action Master", Cybertronian WFC, and other miscellaneous Optimusses.
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8750
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Motto: "No, I'm Teaspoon and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher!"
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Both Ultra Magnus and Unsolved Mysteries start with the same letters. Coincidence?
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10598
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Deadput » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3837
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.

I think he knows where the design is from, I think he just doesn't like it which is his own opinion. We don't all have to like something afterall :)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8446
News Credits: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.

I agree with Rodimus here.

See, the legs on this Prime needed some bulk. He just looks a bit too skinny, like Animated Rodimus, except not a banging awesome. It doesn't work for a gritty realistic Prime.

I also agree the stomach area looks like a black hole. The other movie primes had abs and stuff, this one sort of just has a black blot there
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14497
News Credits: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Lore Keeper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 pm

LeAwesome1 wrote:So today in the post I got the new SS Jetfire, Optimus and Bonecrusher. I noticed something I don't think anyone has picked up on yet however.

In the packaging of Jetfire, there was a fake-chest piece for Optimus. I thought maybe it was a spare for the new SS Optimus, but it is a completely different colour. More metallic red than the other one.

optimuschest.jpg


I may be mistaken, but is this the same colour as the ROTF Optimus? I don't know if this means that Jetfire could be compatible or not, I am yet to transform either Jetfire or Optimus. I don't have the ROTF Optimus so I can't be sure myself.

So, I figured out why Jetfire comes with the extra chest piece for Optimus. There is a slight difference in the arrangement of the little slots between the two pieces. The nubs on Jetfire's armor part are asymmetrical and don't align well with the stock part on Prime. My guess is that they realized after the fact that the two figures don't line up perfectly during combination, so they included a modified part for Optimus that allows for a better fit. As far as the color not matching, it seems to be a matter of how the paint looks applied to black plastic vice clear plastic.

Also, anyone have an Optimus with two left knee pads? Mine came with two right, so I'm stuck with that until the figure becomes more readily available... :(
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Vehicon
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Motto: "No, I'm Teaspoon and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher!"
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:I'm not saying you can't think Evasion Mode Optimus is a better live-action interpretation of the G1 design, but Bee Optimus is at least a more literal and direct translation of it.
I'm willing to concede that point, because I can see that that's what the intention was. But the figure is not finished, if they were going for G1 Prime. G1 Prime had a grille and legs and feet that were bulkier than the skeleton this figure is standing on. It's like his entire lower half was left undone. Ironically, the Siege voyager got it right in reverse. Near perfect robot mode, garbage truck mode. But that's going off topic. :oops: :oops: :oops:


It's literally the design from the movie which was a Cybertronian form, he so happens to transform into the truck from the end of the movie.

He wouldn't have the grill or any other main truck parts.
Fair enough, but then he can't be called G1 Prime, even if it's the "movie version." Bayverse Cybertron Prime would be more accurate, but some people might confuse that with the Protoform Prime.

And D-Max, thanks. That's exactly what I was saying (or trying to).
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Both Ultra Magnus and Unsolved Mysteries start with the same letters. Coincidence?
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10598
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby carytheone » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
I don't think his legs look that bad :-?

ChickenLegsPrime.jpg
What came first, the Matrix or the Transformer?
• Opinions, 'til all are one •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7724
News Credits: 120
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: re-retool

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Ig89ninja » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
carytheone wrote:I don't think his legs look that bad :-?

ChickenLegsPrime.jpg

:shock: MY OPTICS!!!!! :BOOM:
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine
New missile pods for Nitro Zeus found a shapeways replacement
User avatar
Ig89ninja
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 563
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:23 pm
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 am

I stayed out of this discussion because I dont really have much to say about SS 38. I like the toy's transformation more than I like it's modes. I just think its super cool you can get two totally different looking modes that both look nice and sleek.

And Rodimus, I get what you mean about his root mode look, it does give the idea of an unfinished bot, kinda like this:

Image

I don't mind though.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 23701
News Credits: 2241
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
While watching the Daily Show last night, I finally got around to opening up SS-21 RotF Starscream. I got it mainly for the new buzzsaw weapon to put on SS-06 Starscream, but also to have another version of the mold to play with. Again, I've got to gush about what a great figure Studio Series Starscream is. It's the perfect size, the perfect sculpt, and the transformation is elegant and fun, resulting in two modes that make very few compromises. He really should get more recognition for being the epitome of what each release in the Studio Series should strive to be.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3087
News Credits: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby carytheone » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Wolfman Jake wrote:While watching the Daily Show last night, I finally got around to opening up SS-21 RotF Starscream. I got it mainly for the new buzzsaw weapon to put on SS-06 Starscream, but also to have another version of the mold to play with. Again, I've got to gush about what a great figure Studio Series Starscream is. It's the perfect size, the perfect sculpt, and the transformation is elegant and fun, resulting in two modes that make very few compromises. He really should get more recognition for being the epitome of what each release in the Studio Series should strive to be.
I agree, he's lovely and I love that satin touch paint job SS06 has. I pulled him off the shelf to tinker with while watching TV with the Mrs and thought I wouldn't remember how to TF him, but it was fun and intuitive. He has a very clean alt mode for a jetformer. I slightly tilt his thighs back a bit to minimize his birthing hips. He probably doesn't get the love he deserves because he carries that upscale retool stigma.

How well does the buzzsaw grey plastic match up with the SS06?
• Opinions, 'til all are one •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7724
News Credits: 120
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: re-retool

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
carytheone wrote:How well does the buzzsaw grey plastic match up with the SS06?


It looks like a great match to me, but my SS-06 is currently on a shelf in my living room with poor lighting, so the contrast may be a lot more noticeable when under proper lighting conditions.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3087
News Credits: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:25 pm

So I picked up WWII Bee over the weekend and finally had a chance to enjoy him today. Or, at least I would have enjoyed him if this mold wasn't such a crappy design. How the hell is the hammer supposed to fit under the top panel with the arms in the way? The instructions weren't much help either. The best I can seem to do is get most of the panels aligned and call it good enough, but overall this mold is a regret for me. I'll still use him as a generic Autobot for cannon fodder in my generations collection.

Can anyone with this mold that actually gets everything into armored car mode properly snap me a photo of what the arms and hammer are supposed to look like under the top piece?
TF-fan kev777
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So I picked up WWII Bee over the weekend and finally had a chance to enjoy him today. Or, at least I would have enjoyed him if this mold wasn't such a crappy design. How the hell is the hammer supposed to fit under the top panel with the arms in the way? The instructions weren't much help either. The best I can seem to do is get most of the panels aligned and call it good enough, but overall this mold is a regret for me. I'll still use him as a generic Autobot for cannon fodder in my generations collection.

Can anyone with this mold that actually gets everything into armored car mode properly snap me a photo of what the arms and hammer are supposed to look like under the top piece?

Give me a bit, I can snap some shots and post them here
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14497
News Credits: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Can anyone with this mold that actually gets everything into armored car mode properly snap me a photo of what the arms and hammer are supposed to look like under the top piece?

Give me a bit, I can snap some shots and post them here

Here, try these out. The hammer handle will not fold 90 degrees from its deployed position, which is why it is not sticking straight out the front, but still within its hole.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14497
News Credits: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I know I'm really late to the party on this, but damn! I really want to like Studio Series 18 Bumblebee. I really do! But tabbing everything together in car mode is impossible! Once you get one section solid, something else pops out of place. There's no way to get everything lined up. I swear, it was designed wrong.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3087
News Credits: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Can anyone with this mold that actually gets everything into armored car mode properly snap me a photo of what the arms and hammer are supposed to look like under the top piece?

Give me a bit, I can snap some shots and post them here

Here, try these out. The hammer handle will not fold 90 degrees from its deployed position, which is why it is not sticking straight out the front, but still within its hole.

Image
Image
Image
Image


Thanks D-Max, Looks like I have everything right and just got a bad one on the QC side. The hammer/cannon really threw me off as I expected the barrel to be parallel with the sides of the car, but it looks like the only way it works is to be at a slight angle. Bummer, the only reason I got him was for the alt mode and that is the one that is just meh on mine.
TF-fan kev777
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 6
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Ig89ninja » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote:I know I'm really late to the party on this, but damn! I really want to like Studio Series 18 Bumblebee. I really do! But tabbing everything together in car mode is impossible! Once you get one section solid, something else pops out of place. There's no way to get everything lined up. I swear, it was designed wrong.

It’s not that bad if you have about 10 minutes of spare time just to fiddle with it ;)
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine
New missile pods for Nitro Zeus found a shapeways replacement
User avatar
Ig89ninja
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 563
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:23 pm
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Lore Keeper wrote:So, I figured out why Jetfire comes with the extra chest piece for Optimus. There is a slight difference in the arrangement of the little slots between the two pieces. The nubs on Jetfire's armor part are asymmetrical and don't align well with the stock part on Prime. My guess is that they realized after the fact that the two figures don't line up perfectly during combination, so they included a modified part for Optimus that allows for a better fit. As far as the color not matching, it seems to be a matter of how the paint looks applied to black plastic vice clear plastic.


I dunno about that. On my Prime, the Jetfire parts fit perfectly without the need to swap out the default Prime stomach piece for the one included with Jetfire.

Also, anyone have an Optimus with two left knee pads? Mine came with two right, so I'm stuck with that until the figure becomes more readily available... :(


damn. sorry. Mine has one of each.

I've had this figure for over a month and I still can't stop playing about with it. It's definitely my most fave Optimus Prime figure ever. I still waiting for Toyhax to do some flame stickers for it though.
But yeah I was just playing about with it and the SS05 swords earlier seeing where they could store when not in his hands. I had done the shoulder pad one weeks ago but I did it again here just to keep them together.
DzXwjhwWoAEkQNn.jpg

Plugged in the bottom of the fists, of course this means the gun won't go fully into the hand but does so enough to stay secure. The forearm panels also won't fold over fully but the main reason I did this is cos it amusingly looks similar to the Battle Blades and RotF Leader sword placement.
DzXwkAsWkAEJXsm.jpg

The small tabs plugged into the holes of the blue parts of the backpack from the inside/front with the swords pointing inwards, overlapping. I think this one's kinda cool.
DzXwkWEXcAEJ8oP.jpg

Shoulder pads. This be the one I've done before. I kinda like it but it's a lil silly. Looks a bit like bug wings.
DzXwkwcXcAUuN-h.jpg

Kinda wing-like again but plugged into the outside/back of the blue panels and pointing outwards.

Of course the correct placement is... not on the figure at all since in the movie the swords come from within the arms and are totally hidden when not used but as I said, I just like playing with this figure.

I should have Sideswipe and Barricade tomorrow.
And I have RotF Starscream coming from Amazon US since it was on sale for $20 and with shipping added I've only paid approx £25 for a figure that if I could find in the UK would be about £33 and I haven't been able to anyways so yay for a cheap and definite purchase from the states! :D
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse ('Bayformers' are my fave Transformers), Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie (more for style & soundtrack rather than Star Wars-rip off plot). Bumblebee was an unimaginative rehash.
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron, Travis Knight
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3337
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:So, I figured out why Jetfire comes with the extra chest piece for Optimus. There is a slight difference in the arrangement of the little slots between the two pieces. The nubs on Jetfire's armor part are asymmetrical and don't align well with the stock part on Prime. My guess is that they realized after the fact that the two figures don't line up perfectly during combination, so they included a modified part for Optimus that allows for a better fit. As far as the color not matching, it seems to be a matter of how the paint looks applied to black plastic vice clear plastic.


I dunno about that. On my Prime, the Jetfire parts fit perfectly without the need to swap out the default Prime stomach piece for the one included with Jetfire.

Also, anyone have an Optimus with two left knee pads? Mine came with two right, so I'm stuck with that until the figure becomes more readily available... :(


damn. sorry. Mine has one of each.

I've had this figure for over a month and I still can't stop playing about with it. It's definitely my most fave Optimus Prime figure ever. I still waiting for Toyhax to do some flame stickers for it though.
But yeah I was just playing about with it and the SS05 swords earlier seeing where they could store when not in his hands. I had done the shoulder pad one weeks ago but I did it again here just to keep them together.
DzXwjhwWoAEkQNn.jpg

Plugged in the bottom of the fists, of course this means the gun won't go fully into the hand but does so enough to stay secure. The forearm panels also won't fold over fully but the main reason I did this is cos it amusingly looks similar to the Battle Blades and RotF Leader sword placement.
DzXwkAsWkAEJXsm.jpg

The small tabs plugged into the holes of the blue parts of the backpack from the inside/front with the swords pointing inwards, overlapping. I think this one's kinda cool.
DzXwkWEXcAEJ8oP.jpg

Shoulder pads. This be the one I've done before. I kinda like it but it's a lil silly. Looks a bit like bug wings.
DzXwkwcXcAUuN-h.jpg

Kinda wing-like again but plugged into the outside/back of the blue panels and pointing outwards.

Of course the correct placement is... not on the figure at all since in the movie the swords come from within the arms and are totally hidden when not used but as I said, I just like playing with this figure.

I should have Sideswipe and Barricade tomorrow.
And I have RotF Starscream coming from Amazon US since it was on sale for $20 and with shipping added I've only paid approx £25 for a figure that if I could find in the UK would be about £33 and I haven't been able to anyways so yay for a cheap and definite purchase from the states! :D


I'm glad for you and your purchase ;)

I like how he looks, and he's a nice figure in general, but I have to skip him for the sole reason of budget, meaning I can't have the same version of a character I already own ( I have the ROTF Leader Prime, which is phenomenal).

I will buy SS-38 though, because he is the perfect figure I've been looking for that combines everything I want in one: Masterpiece level engineering, highly articulated Prime figure, and a mix of G1, Bayverse, and IDW designs all together. I really hope a Megatron figure gets made to go with him
Nathaniel Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 317
News Credits: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I'm glad for you and your purchase ;)

I like how he looks, and he's a nice figure in general, but I have to skip him for the sole reason of budget, meaning I can't have the same version of a character I already own ( I have the ROTF Leader Prime, which is phenomenal).

I will buy SS-38 though, because he is the perfect figure I've been looking for that combines everything I want in one: Masterpiece level engineering, highly articulated Prime figure, and a mix of G1, Bayverse, and IDW designs all together. I really hope a Megatron figure gets made to go with him


is cool. I'm skipping ss38 cos it really isn't my thing at all. I've been incredibly bored with G1 Optimus' look since forever and I've mentioned before how I'm really not happy with the bayverse bots getting 'overwritten' with G1 designs. Ironically I think the truck mode on it looks the best that blocky cab-style has ever looked but it's not for me and I really don't like the robot mode at all. It's a mix of different styles that just don't mesh for me (thet stomach area looks way too detailed and dark compared to the mostly clean and simplistic red chest for example) and I still don't get why he already had so many red/blue obvious truck-looking parts in robot mode way before he even got to earth (according to the continuity mess that is Bumblebee's movie). Sure, the Protoform Prime had what looks sorta like vaguely truck windows and such but never blatantly looked like the earth truck he would then scan and take the form of. I'm much happier with SS32 and it's rendition of 2007's Prime with it's nice design of layered angles and even red/blue/silver colour all over the figure (rather than just being red upper body and blue legs/head which I always found a bit dull and like he's wearing a red sweater with some trousers or something). But hey I'm less mad about SS38 than I was when it first appeared. Coming to terms with the fact the geewun stuff is trying to replace everything that made the bayverse my fave incarnation of the franchise in the 30+ years since i was first given a Transformers figure in the mid 80s.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse ('Bayformers' are my fave Transformers), Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie (more for style & soundtrack rather than Star Wars-rip off plot). Bumblebee was an unimaginative rehash.
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron, Travis Knight
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3337
News Credits: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby carytheone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Wolfman Jake wrote:I know I'm really late to the party on this, but damn! I really want to like Studio Series 18 Bumblebee. I really do! But tabbing everything together in car mode is impossible! Once you get one section solid, something else pops out of place. There's no way to get everything lined up. I swear, it was designed wrong.
You may have a wonk copy, but I've heard a lot of complaints about this guy. It does take some massaging, but a pretty clean alt mode can be achieved. I have a problem with one of the doors pegging into the leg (I think) but it's not noticeable from the outside only from underneath, and the back engine cover area doesn't quite close as much as I'd like.

I'll try and remember to TF him and snap some pics later. But I don't have any issues with things popping out while I peg other things though. I will say it can be tricky though.
• Opinions, 'til all are one •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7724
News Credits: 120
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: re-retool

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby carytheone » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
carytheone wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:I know I'm really late to the party on this, but damn! I really want to like Studio Series 18 Bumblebee. I really do! But tabbing everything together in car mode is impossible! Once you get one section solid, something else pops out of place. There's no way to get everything lined up. I swear, it was designed wrong.
You may have a wonk copy, but I've heard a lot of complaints about this guy. It does take some massaging, but a pretty clean alt mode can be achieved. I have a problem with one of the doors pegging into the leg (I think) but it's not noticeable from the outside only from underneath, and the back engine cover area doesn't quite close as much as I'd like.

I'll try and remember to TF him and snap some pics later. But I don't have any issues with things popping out while I peg other things though. I will say it can be tricky though.
I made some time and took some bad pics.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

With a little more hugging and squeezing it should line up a little better. It is valentine's day after all :x
• Opinions, 'til all are one •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7724
News Credits: 120
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: re-retool

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
Twincast / Podcast #216:
"Prime Galaxy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave Cyberverse Commander Class *Complete*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Terrorcon Windrazor/Cutthroat" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Terrorcon Blight/Blot" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Generations 1 Act-4 Ultra Magnus Diaclone Pewter Mircoman NY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Trailbreaker Trailcutter" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Ultra Magnus Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Twinstrike MOC MOSC sealed b" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Prowl MOC MOSC new sealed" on EBAY