This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:22 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Trocheman wrote:Walmart has Optimus prime (44) for preorder now. idk if thats old news but i just ordered one. ships August 15th, arrives the 17th.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /517176157

Hopefully that means it’ll be shipping from Pulse sooner than the September 1 estimate!

Also, there’s a 360 degree view of the figure on that page! That’s our first look at the back of the jet pack and weapons platform. The paint deco is the one from toy fair though (bright red and yellow fade), which is interesting because we now have no less than 3 different stock images of this Prime with slightly different decos.

Which browser do you use? I use Firefox, most recent version, and if the picture was supposed to have any interactivity it was proving completely nonfunctional for me.

EDIT: I guess my browser was just misbehaving that time, possibly from the length of the session.
I tried it again just now, and this time the ALL the pictures loaded as well as the 360 view vid, and the "Large View" function actually functioned.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:30 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Trocheman wrote:Walmart has Optimus prime (44) for preorder now. idk if thats old news but i just ordered one. ships August 15th, arrives the 17th.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /517176157

Hopefully that means it’ll be shipping from Pulse sooner than the September 1 estimate!

Also, there’s a 360 degree view of the figure on that page! That’s our first look at the back of the jet pack and weapons platform. The paint deco is the one from toy fair though (bright red and yellow fade), which is interesting because we now have no less than 3 different stock images of this Prime with slightly different decos.

Which browser do you use? I use Firefox, most recent version, and if the picture was supposed to have any interactivity it was proving completely nonfunctional for me.

I'm using the Walmart app, and while the preorder listing is there, there are only the stock photos on it, with no turn around video. Target has removed its listing from the app, which is strange considering it was there for like a month or two.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:The paint deco is the one from toy fair though (bright red and yellow fade), which is interesting because we now have no less than 3 different stock images of this Prime with slightly different decos.

Technically we have four variations going here:

Bright red with painted weapons (Toy Fair display)
Dark red with unpainted weapons (April Stock Photos)
Bright red with unpainted weapons (Walmart.com spinning video)
Painted abs, bright red with unpainted weapons (new Takara Tomy stock photos)

I don't think we'll actually know what we're getting until somebody has one in hand.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm crossing my fingers for the Takara stock photos!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Dark of the Moon Leader Optimus on WalMart.com - Now With Multiple Images

Postby Stargrave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:24 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Good morning and happy Monday fellow Seibertronians! To help kick start your day Seibertron member EvasionModeBumblebee found a treat over at Walmart.com - a very eye opening view of the new (take a deep breath) Studio Series 44 Leader Class Transformers: Dark of the Moon movie Optimus Prime with transforming trailer jet pack! You get a perfect clear view of the trailer in upright quartermaster mode fully loaded with Optimus’s movie rifle, shield, axe, standard orange bladed sword, and twin jet mode blasters! There’s in package views and you can zoom in on each individual image for a clear close up. Click on the play button for a 45 second long crisp 360 view of this amazing piece in all modes. There have been multiple Optimus Primes released in this line but this one has to take the cake for accessories! Is this the one Optimus you’ve been waiting for or will this be the centerpiece for your Studio Series Optimus collection? Take a view and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew!

Credit: EvasionModeBumblebee
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:28 am

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Neat, but I think I'll pass. I don't feel like painting all of his accessories and his trailer to make him look right.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Un_Chakal » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:31 am

Motto: ""It takes an irritant to make a pearl.""
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Did he have that orange on his front of the truck in the movie?
"So how big is this Exgraver, anyway? Deluxe or Voyager?" "I'd say he's a couple of BIC pens tall." "Wha-- What?"
Un_Chakal
Minibot
Watch Un_Chakal on YouTube
Buy from Un_Chakal on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Un_Chakal wrote:Did he have that orange on his front of the truck in the movie?

Yeah, but the fade in is better than on the toys

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:48 am

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Do I really need to sharpie the hell out of this trailer? I'll get it on clearance as I did with Magnus and Shockwave from the Siege lines
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Un_Chakal wrote:Did he have that orange on his front of the truck in the movie?

Yeah, but the fade in is better than on the toys

One of the decos for SS leader Prime has a fade that matches the movie much better, we just have to hope that it’s the one on the final figure.

7BC9CEE9-F11A-451A-8A5A-8E84D45088E1.jpeg
7BC9CEE9-F11A-451A-8A5A-8E84D45088E1.jpeg (46.14 KiB) Viewed 35610 times
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
All these different paint app images are giving me a headache. Make up your dang mind already!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:For Grindor, some slight vehicle mode retooling may be in order.

IIRC, the biggest visible differences are that Grindor should have 7 rotor blades instead of 6, a third engine above and behind the left one, and the tail fin and rotor angled to the right. I think it's to the right.

FWIW I added a third engine to ROTF Voy Grindor, but another rotor blade would be tricky.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Bucky » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 am

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
So many Optimuses. I haven’t been able to find SS38 BB movie version yet, but I want it. I haven’t seen SS32 around yet either, but I’m not entirely sold on it yet. I mean I want him, but mostly just to combine with Jetfire. And now there’s his flight tech version. And I never got around to pulling the trigger on Legendary OP. I’m gonna have to start a second movie OP shelf at this rate :BANG_HEAD:

In terms of the variations in stock images, I’m hoping for bright red, painted abs, unpainted guns, but I’m expecting unpainted abs and unpainted guns. I already know there’s no way we’re getting painted weapon accessories.

Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:For Grindor, some slight vehicle mode retooling may be in order.

IIRC, the biggest visible differences are that Grindor should have 7 rotor blades instead of 6, a third engine above and behind the left one, and the tail fin and rotor angled to the right. I think it's to the right.

FWIW I added a third engine to ROTF Voy Grindor, but another rotor blade would be tricky.

I’d love it if they did Grindor. Just so long as they make the necessary retooling. SS Blackout is still my favorite SS figure, despite his panels.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Inactive_____ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Honestly, this guy hasn't won me over. Honestly the wings don't look great, to me at least. Plus, the improved paint deco isn't extensive enough to warrant a purchase. A shame, more accessories are always fun, and the trailer does looks good with the truck.
;;)
Inactive_____
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Speed: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Gemstonegemini wrote:Honestly, this guy hasn't won me over. Honestly the wings don't look great, to me at least. Plus, the improved paint deco isn't extensive enough to warrant a purchase. A shame, more accessories are always fun, and the trailer does looks good with the truck.

That trailer is the main reason I may skip #32 Optimus Prime, it's the same mold with a different belly, but the original RotF belly piece comes with Jetfire. I already have the two original Leaders, but the combination is so... clunky.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby Inactive_____ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:Honestly, this guy hasn't won me over. Honestly the wings don't look great, to me at least. Plus, the improved paint deco isn't extensive enough to warrant a purchase. A shame, more accessories are always fun, and the trailer does looks good with the truck.

That trailer is the main reason I may skip #32 Optimus Prime, it's the same mold with a different belly, but the original RotF belly piece comes with Jetfire. I already have the two original Leaders, but the combination is so... clunky.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think if you don't have ss38, or a movie Optimus in general, this is probably your best bet. It's a nice lookong toy, it just doesn't have enough to tempt me into double dipping, if you know what I mean. Plus the Jetfire combination being actually, you know, good this time is a nice bonus :-P
;;)
Inactive_____
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Speed: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I know a bunch of people were gonna skip 32 and go straight for the Leader for this reason too.

But I went both both cause A) didn't get the first Prime and B) I want to have one separate standing by himself with no upgrades and 1 with his flight tech, and the leader can serve as both! I think my favorite part of the leader is that he comes with the axe
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:38 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I know a bunch of people were gonna skip 32 and go straight for the Leader for this reason too.

But I went both both cause A) didn't get the first Prime and B) I want to have one separate standing by himself with no upgrades and 1 with his flight tech, and the leader can serve as both! I think my favorite part of the leader is that he comes with the axe

After seeing the potential paint applications placements for the leader I may get both and sell the leader's voyager component. Especially if the windows do end up being painted over
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:Especially if the windows do end up being painted over

Wait what?

*looks at pics of #32 and #44*

... the originally clear plastic parts of #32 are opaque on #44?!

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Wait what?

Depending on the paint apps. If I remember correctly, one of the prototypes had clear windows. The amount of paint variants here is so confusing 8-}
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Wait what?

****! I really wanted those clear plastic windows. And I am only getting 44.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm

william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Wait what?

****! I really wanted those clear plastic windows. And I am only getting 44.

We'll have to wait and see then. I'm fine with that, I'm waiting for the second set of Constructicons as it is.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

New Images - Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Thanks to In Demand Toys on Facebook, we have a bunch of new images of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series Drift, Dropkick, Hightower, and Long Haul!

Drift is an extensive retool of the original Dropkick figure, being almost entirely new save for some parts of the legs, and he is based on his helicoptor form from Age of Extinction.

Dropkick is a new mold that is modeled after his muscle car form from the Bumblebee movie, prior to his taking on the triple changing form that he held for the remainder of the movie.

Hightower is based on some Constructicon concept art and the smaller Hightower legion figure that came out with the tiny Legion class Devastator during Revenge of the Fallen. Hightower is a new mold, and he forms the upper left arm of Studio Series Devastator.

Long Haul is also a new mold Constructicon, and he forms the right foot of Studio Series Devastator. He and Hightower will make 4 of 8 members of Devastator released at retail.

Check out the pictures below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:37 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Hightower is a new mold, and he forms the left hand of Studio Series Devastator.

Not exactly: he forms the left upper arm, with Scrapmetal forming the actual hand.

Comparing Long Haul's foot mode with Rampage's, there's no doubt that Devastator is gonna look "messy" head to toe, in an artistic sense. :lol:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Stargrave » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I read on tfwiki in the footnotes somewhere that this version of Devastator is bigger or smaller depending on how many Constructicons are merged. I think that’s a clever explain away for the jumbled mess that he became. Like with Rampage they’re each like a Deceptimonster in their own unique ways.

That chopper mode works way better on Drift I think it’s not great for either one but better on Drfift.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124A"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2022 OCT218159 1G Spawn (CA) Stegman (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230234 20A (CA) Spears (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #20 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 3D sealed Image Comics 2022 JUN220022 (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #266 Cvr B Retro Trade Image Comics MAR230179 266B (CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #266 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802A (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr D Image Comics 2024 1123IM226 350D (CA) Booth"
NEW!
SPAWN #350 Cvr D I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230224 22B (CA) Glapion"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #328 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220302 328B (CA) Giangiordano"
SPAWN #328 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #334 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220245 334B (W) McConville (CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #334 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #310 Cvr A Image Comics 2020 APR200283 310A (W) McFarlane (CA) Mattina"
SPAWN #310 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220298 4B (CA) McFarlane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #4 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #310 Cvr C Image Comics 2020 APR200285 310C (W) McFarlane (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #310 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #347 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM457 347B (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #347 Cvr B I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON