This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Latest Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Long Haul and KSI Boss Available To Order Online in US

Postby Stargrave » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:12 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Kamalethar we've learned that Transformers Studio Series Voyagers Long Haul and KSI Boss are available to order online at Hasbro Pulse for $29.99 each (limit 2)! That's right the mean green Constructi-Hulk and the Decepti-capitated strutting henchman from The Last Knight are almost yours!

Click here to order Studio Series Voyager Long Haul at Hasbro Pulse.

And click here to order Studio Series Voyager KSI Boss at Hasbro Pulse.

Also, swooping in with the Seibertron scoop our own Scotty P has let us know that if you want to avoid the strife and 'say hi to Enrique's wife' KSI Boss is breaking out of the pricing prison and is available for $2 less ($27.98) at Amazon here.

Are you on track to complete your Revenge of the Fallen Devastator? Is KSI Boss the version Nitro Zeus you've been waiting for? Come on in and share your views with the Seibertron crew in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That throne and paper combo are the best thing I've seen on twitter in a while :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby SpaceKaseJase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Got Longhaul from Amazon two days ago. Hightower is supposed to arrive mid-August, so I think I'm on track. :D
SpaceKaseJase
Micromaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:08 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:That throne and paper combo are the best thing I've seen on twitter in a while :lol:

Yeah, i still smiling about it. I can't believe he went to that much detail on what was just a silly joke i did. :P

Ok my DotM Prime should be here in next few hours.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:42 am

My pics aren't great but here you go.

"SS44 Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime. Fun figure. Improvements on Optimus himself are the yellow fade on the truck hood and some pins in the back pack where the fuel tank parts sometimes came off on some people's SS32. The new ab piece is nice too) . The trailer is cool and easy to transform into the jetwing pack and weapon ring. Figure could use more paint (once again missing robot mode flames) and it's odd the windows aren't transparent anymore but looks better in person than I expected. Trailer could use paint as it's mostly just grey plastic. I'll add the blue strips thar should be at top and bottom. The jetwings look great though are clearly hollow from the front view. The weapons are nice though the axe lacks the orange paint shown in some stock photos but the sword has it. In the last photo I added the removable smoke stack extensions I made which I think make the truck look better. "

EBCTIPDXoAAt5C7.jpg

EBCTIkIXoAAZR-L.jpg

EBCTI6aXsAAyCtd.jpg

EBCTJRCXkAEC5IM.jpg
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Aimless Misfire » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:56 am

That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.
Aimless Misfire
Minibot

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:00 am

Aimless Misfire wrote: I can't believe anybody could actually like it.

i like it.

I now own all three of the mold. I need a better photo lighting setup. My pics suck.
EBCaPcdWsAAXQiC.jpg

My cusatom SS32 using the Ab piece from SS44.
EBCWBtXWkAAJE7K.jpg

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Stargrave » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 am

Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.

You need to tell me what Dollar Store you shop at because it is absolutely awesome. I ain’t never seen anything like this as a cheap store knock off.
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby Stargrave » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote: I can't believe anybody could actually like it.

i like it.

I now own all three of the mold. I need a better photo lighting setup. My pics suck.
EBCaPcdWsAAXQiC.jpg

My cusatom SS32 using the Ab piece from SS44.
EBCWBtXWkAAJE7K.jpg

Love the paint work dude your pics are great ;)^
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:57 am

Stargrave wrote:Love the paint work dude your pics are great ;)^

Thanks. I'm no pro but i like adding extra details on. :D

Stargrave wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:That Jetwing Optimus looks like a dollar store KO. I can't believe anybody could actually like it. In the video he says it looks "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME". There is absolutely nothing awesome about it.

You need to tell me what Dollar Store you shop at because it is absolutely awesome. I ain’t never seen anything like this as a cheap store knock off.

Yeah i dunno if I'd called it 'absolutely awesome' (honestly I don't think that about any figure TF or otherwise cos I'm often so darn picky) but it's certainly way beyond a dollar store KO (and if not then yeah let's all buy those toys instead cos they sound amazing and save us some monies :P ). It has the typical limitations of a budget restricted mainline TF product like it really could use more paint and the booster parts of the jetwings are a bit hollow for my tastes (looking about for stuff to fill them in with a bit) but this set is a lot of fun to play with. I still prefer (the Jetpower Prime's design and toys (a voyager and a whole other transforming Leader figure) overall but Jetwing Prime is hugely entertaining to play about with too and definitely worth a look especially if having not yet got SS32.

Still working on a way to hold the shield properly. It's got a post, two tabs and a slot. There must be some way to hold it on his arm without it looking silly. :P

Anyone else getting 503 Kremzeek errors on this site today?

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:05 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Great pics, Carnivius! I’m even more excited for mine now!

I mean, it’s missing paint, but I can fix that (and have a lot of fun fixing that, too). What I can’t fix is the mold and sculpting, which they did a great job on here. DOTM Optimus is my favorite version (and look) of Prime in any continuity, and they went out and made it with almost every accessory seen in the movie. For me, this is the figure I’ve waited 8 years for now, and it doesn’t look to disappoint.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Great pics, Carnivius! I’m even more excited for mine now!

I mean, it’s missing paint, but I can fix that (and have a lot of fun fixing that, too). What I can’t fix is the mold and sculpting, which they did a great job on here. DOTM Optimus is my favorite version (and look) of Prime in any continuity, and they went out and made it with almost every accessory seen in the movie. For me, this sis the figure I’ve waited 8 years for now, and it doesn’t look to disappoint.

Oh yeah you're gonna have fun painting it up and you already do the long smokestacks thing (thanks again for that idea. The truck looks so weird with it's small smokestacks especially when towing the trailer). I'm like that with a lot of action figures, especially Transformers, paaaarticually movie stuffs, is that if you're willing to put in a bit of extra work with paint and stuff to improve your figure you'll often be much more satisfied with it.

Dunno how you feel about the windows being solid plastic and painted silver. Silver's a weird colour for me there cos I like to paint the wing mirrors and windshield wipers silver but they won't stand out against silver windows so maybe black windows with some sort of attempted effect at reflections a bit like a real-world version of the cell shaded stickers Toyhax do for G1-type figures). Or if wanting to have proper transparency there might be a way to switch the ones from SS32.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:29 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Oh yeah you're gonna have fun painting it up and you already do the long smokestacks thing (thanks again for that idea.

No problem!

Dunno how you feel about the windows being solid plastic and painted silver.

So that’s one of the things I’m thinking about. It doesn’t really bug me that they’re not clear, I just have to decide what color they’ll be. I have the chrome marker that would help details like the window lining stand out against the silver, but I kinda want to have more contrast. Currently, painting the windows either gloss black or like a dark gray is what I’m thinking.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:46 am

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

So that’s one of the things I’m thinking about. It doesn’t really bug me that they’re not clear, I just have to decide what color they’ll be. I have the chrome marker that would help details like the window lining stand out against the silver, but I kinda want to have more contrast. Currently, painting the windows either gloss black or like a dark gray is what I’m thinking.

Yeah gloss black might be good. I have some of that myself so may do that.

Quick pic of SS32 again wearing the abs and standing in the weapons ring. For quick photos SS32 is my robot model here and SS44 is in truck mode for truck photos. :P
EBDYjWdXUAAVNr6.jpg

Don't like the way the shield has to be held in robot mode cos it's only got a post, not a handle. SO made a temporary handle out of a drinking straw piece folded down. It'll do for now.

EBDeNmYXUAEWqyb.jpg

EBDeM1uXUAAICh6.jpg

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Stargrave » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:30 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Yeah gloss black might be good. I have some of that myself so may do that.

Quick pic of SS32 again wearing the abs and standing in the weapons ring. For quick photos SS32 is my robot model here and SS44 is in truck mode for truck photos. :P
EBDYjWdXUAAVNr6.jpg

Don't like the way the shield has to be held in robot mode cos it's only got a post, not a handle. SO made a temporary handle out of a drinking straw piece folded down. It'll do for now.

EBDeNmYXUAEWqyb.jpg

EBDeM1uXUAAICh6.jpg

I love what you did with the straw :lol: that’s great! Never would have thought of that.
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 am

Nice pictures Carni! Looks like you're having a lot of fun with him! If I had space I'd go for the DotM version.

And yes, if cheap shop kos looked like this, then I'd think hasbro had some serious competition on their hands :lol:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks. Yeah. I kinda wish there were 5mm ports on the front sides of the trailer up near the roof so I could plug the large grey guns on like Powermaster Optimus does. Would be neat. Still wondering if I can fill the hollow booster thingies of the jetwing pack too. Anyways dinner, catch up TV and an early night must be attempted cos i gotta get up at half 5am for a 12 or so mile walk. Hope your weekends been going great. :)

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Stargrave » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:48 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:Thanks. Yeah. I kinda wish there were 5mm ports on the front sides of the trailer up near the roof so I could plug the large grey guns on like Powermaster Optimus does. Would be neat. Still wondering if I can fill the hollow booster thingies of the jetwing pack too. Anyways dinner, catch up TV and an early night must be attempted cos i gotta get up at half 5am for a 12 or so mile walk. Hope your weekends been going great. :)

Thanks for the pics Carnivius have a great weekend man!
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby TulioDude » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Can the Bumblebee version of Optimus pull the DOTM trailer?
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm

TulioDude wrote:Can the Bumblebee version of Optimus pull the DOTM trailer?

There might be some way to attach it, but according to PrimevsPrime’s review, the port on BB Prime is too small for the trailer.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby skycutter » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Motto: "Time to slice and dice"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
don't know if this goes here but there reveals of wave 1 of ss in 2020, consisting of camaro bee from roft, arcee twins/triplets soundwave , with lazerbeak and ww2 hot rod
skycutter
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch skycutter on YouTube
Alt Mode: Jet
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: ???

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Yeah, 2020 Wave 1 Deluxes are 2007 Bumblebee w/ battle mask (who looks freaking SPECTACULAR may i say), Arcee triplets (all of whom have different molds and look great), DOTM Soundwave (also cool looking, comes with lazerbeak) and WWII Hot Rod, who is a remold of WWII Bee. Vehicle mode is almost identical, but Robot mode has a new chest piece that helps distinguish him.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Where have these reveals been made?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby skycutter » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Motto: "Time to slice and dice"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:Where have these reveals been made?

unboxing toy convention
skycutter
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch skycutter on YouTube
Alt Mode: Jet
Speed: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: ???

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:02 pm

skycutter wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Where have these reveals been made?

unboxing toy convention

Thank you :) news story incoming
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230209 1F (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics DEC220421 1A MOTU Nunez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZJ foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247412 1ZJ Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr S 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230222 1S (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240190 3C (W/CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr P 1:20 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240120 2P (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240108 2D (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230204 1A (CA) Nakayama (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics DEC220422 1B MOTU Jones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL239635 3C (CA)Smith"
Masters Universe F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON