This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Took Dropkick to work Friday, and he went through a parade with me on Saturday. We placed 4th! 3rd Year in a row!

Dropkick is still really good. 2nd best con and 2nd best carformer of the entire line

Who's the best carformer then? Jazz? And who's your SS figure of the year then? I really like that heli drift.

Longhaul has dissapointed me with that rather weak transformation and not hiding that robot kibble well. I preffer his previous toy with all the added functionality, like the fact that it can actually be played with as a dump truck.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
In my opinion the best carformer in SS is either Sideswipe or the original Bumblebee. I know the original Bee wasn't perfect, but I lucked out on QC with him and Sideswipe, but every other carformer I've gotten from SS has had loose parts or wouldn't stay tabbed together in vehicle mode. I am biased toward Sideswipe though just because the ROTF figure was one of the first movie toys that I got and loved to mess with.
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Hey guys does the leader class Prime combine with Jetfire? I know one Prime did not, was then modified, but I've gotten them all kind of mixed up. Because if leader Prime has the trailer and also combines with Jetfire I'd imagine that's 110% the one I'd get if I were to only get one.

Yes it does. Though, the connection for the ab piece from Jetfire and my copy of Leader Prime is scarily tight. No one else seems to have this issue though, so it should be fine ;)^

Here's a rundown if it helps:

#05: original Voyager release
#32: retooled from #05 to combine with Jetfire, lighter colors
#38: Bumblebee version
#44: redeco of #32, comes with trailer. Can combine with Jetfire.

#44 definitely ended up being the best. That paint job on the main robot is so good
How does the trailer look in vehicle mode? Are there issues with the panels lining up without any problems? And what about the paint job? In photos it looked kinda dull.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:51 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Got Hightower out of his box this morning.

It just feels more real to me. Now we have connected pieces to Devastator!
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:55 am

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Got Hightower out of his box this morning.

Man, waiting on Overload and Scrapper is going to be tough. I actually haven't transformed any of my 4 SS devy components into the limb modes yet. I actually did the same thing in the beginning of Combiner Wars. I'll enjoy each figure in bot and alt mode until I have all the components, then I'll check out the combined mode for all of them at once.

It kind of keeps a little bit of excitement left for figures I already have knowing there is still more fun to be discovered. I will admit, it was hard not combining Hightower and Scrapmetal into an arm and sticking it on Bruticus for some fun like someone else showed previously. But Devy's time will come.
Odd that I am impatient enough to pay full price on most of my collection (i.e. getting titans when they first come out), but for some reason I have no problem waiting for a complete combiner before transforming the components into combined mode forms.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Got Hightower out of his box this morning.

Man, waiting on Overload and Scrapper is going to be tough. I actually haven't transformed any of my 4 SS devy components into the limb modes yet. I actually did the same thing in the beginning of Combiner Wars. I'll enjoy each figure in bot and alt mode until I have all the components, then I'll check out the combined mode for all of them at once.

It kind of keeps a little bit of excitement left for figures I already have knowing there is still more fun to be discovered. I will admit, it was hard not combining Hightower and Scrapmetal into an arm and sticking it on Bruticus for some fun like someone else showed previously. But Devy's time will come.
Odd that I am impatient enough to pay full price on most of my collection (i.e. getting titans when they first come out), but for some reason I have no problem waiting for a complete combiner before transforming the components into combined mode forms.

I wouldn't call it odd. :) You want to make sure you've got them all, first. That's important, and then you want to draw out the wonder.

For me, getting Mixmaster and Scavenger is when it's really gonna kick it into gear. I don't know precisely how they'll hook up-well, no one does yet :lol: -but from the instructions it looks like Hightower will be able to hook up to Scavenger, which means with Mixmaster we'll have most of the upper body. And that's when the fun will get started and we'll get an idea of how huge he'll be.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Skill: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Took Dropkick to work Friday, and he went through a parade with me on Saturday. We placed 4th! 3rd Year in a row!

Dropkick is still really good. 2nd best con and 2nd best carformer of the entire line

Who's the best carformer then? Jazz? And who's your SS figure of the year then? I really like that heli drift.

Longhaul has dissapointed me with that rather weak transformation and not hiding that robot kibble well. I preffer his previous toy with all the added functionality, like the fact that it can actually be played with as a dump truck.

Jazz is the best Carformer yes. That guy is so fun and so perfect. He is the figure of the line for me.

SS figure of the year is still fairly easily Rampage. But Leader Prime and Dropkick are not far off. this year really has only given me 1 dud, and that was Shatter.
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Hey guys does the leader class Prime combine with Jetfire? I know one Prime did not, was then modified, but I've gotten them all kind of mixed up. Because if leader Prime has the trailer and also combines with Jetfire I'd imagine that's 110% the one I'd get if I were to only get one.

Yes it does. Though, the connection for the ab piece from Jetfire and my copy of Leader Prime is scarily tight. No one else seems to have this issue though, so it should be fine ;)^

Here's a rundown if it helps:

#05: original Voyager release
#32: retooled from #05 to combine with Jetfire, lighter colors
#38: Bumblebee version
#44: redeco of #32, comes with trailer. Can combine with Jetfire.

#44 definitely ended up being the best. That paint job on the main robot is so good
How does the trailer look in vehicle mode? Are there issues with the panels lining up without any problems? And what about the paint job? In photos it looked kinda dull.

Here are some images. I don't have any panel problems, it is bland, but it's a trailer, so i can live with that being dull. The robot mode and the playability help it win out despite the flaws

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Thanks, D-Max! Just the comparison I was looking for. I bought SS44, but have yet to open him up. Waiting for my next day off work so I can fully immerse myself in the experience. :lol:
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Rodimus Prime wrote:Thanks, D-Max! Just the comparison I was looking for. I bought SS44, but have yet to open him up. Waiting for my next day off work so I can fully immerse myself in the experience. :lol:

Once you get past the initial few issues he has, it really is a good set. It has a good figure, an optional powerup mode, and after that a battle station. It is an all-inclusive set!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

New Images and Review for Transformers Studio Series World War II Hot Rod

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks to Snakasblog and tontonreviews, we have a new video review and in-hand images for the upcoming Transformers Studio Series WWII Hot Rod!

Hot Rod is a retool of WWII Bumblebee, sporting a new chest, shoulders, head, and weapon. The new tooling brings the figure closer to his appearance in the World War II flashback from The Last Knight movie, though the alt mode is left with the same tooling as Bumblebee, leaving neither looking like their WWII alternate modes. Hot Rod also comes with a new accessory in the form of his Time Gun, which plugs into the top of the car mode, which sadly leaves a gap in the windshield area where Bumblebee's hammer would go.

Hot Rod is due out in January of 2020, where you can then pair him up with his fellow Nazi Hunter Bumblebee, forming a deadly pair.

Check out the images and review below, and let us know what you think of him in the comments section below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 pm

I am in the minority, but I really like how he looks
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I am in the minority, but I really like how he looks

If the vehicle mode holds together better than Bee I'm in.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:25 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
The review doesn’t show it, but at least according to the renders Hot rod’s gun can be stored the same way Bee’s hammer is.
C75B0495-91E2-42BA-BC14-5E84D7F245DE.jpeg
C75B0495-91E2-42BA-BC14-5E84D7F245DE.jpeg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 72715 times

I think he looks ok but I won’t be picking him up. Hopefully, though, this means we’ll be getting reviews for Bumblebee, Soundwave, and the Arcees soon!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Ironhidensh » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon

I do as well, which is funny, as I really don't care for WWII Bee at all.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:

I am excited to have the pair of WWII Nazi Hunters. that is one of my Studio wishes coming true
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:27 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

I am excited to have the pair of WWII Nazi Hunters. that is one of my Studio wishes coming true

I'm in it for these 2, as well, but there had better be a Bulldog in the future.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:50 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:

I'm in it for these 2, as well, but there had better be a Bulldog in the future.

Considering these bodies existed for a 20 second flashback, I wouldn't doubt an eventual Bulldog.

I personally am really hoping for a Leader Infernocus though
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby First-Aid » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I was hoping he'd have a little beret and a voice chip: "We all sound like Maurice Chevalier...uhhh-huhhh-huuhhhh".
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:18 am

I just want the gun to give to my TLK Hot Rod...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:07 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:I just want the gun to give to my TLK Hot Rod...

Same.

It looks good, probably better than WW2 Bee, but ultimately, this figure serves as an upgrade kit for the TLK Deluxe Hut Rud.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby transformers_va » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

If the vehicle mode holds together better than Bee I'm in.

I agree! I would like Bee much more if the roof tabbed down more tightly.. it always pops up on mine
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Video review is out for the new SS Bumblebee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFex0tV4bpM

It looks insanely good! I was initially worried that the wings would be stuck straight out, but not only can they move back and forth, they can move up and down! The new bulky arms and chest transformation are incredible, by far the best we've had on a deluxe Bumblebee.

Definitely my most anticipated figure for the new wave. Can't wait to have him!

Also, I recently acquired a Studio Series figure I've been waiting a long time for. Things are kinda busy right now, but I'll be posting about it soon!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Firepower: 3

Video Review for Studio Series 49 Bumblebee Deluxe Camaro

Postby Stargrave » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Racing in from YouTuber TonTonReview is a video review for Transformers Studio Series #49 Deluxe Bumblebee! Thanks to Seibertronian EvasionModeBumblebee for the heads up on this one. This is fifth general retail Bumblebee released so far in the Studio Series and is an all new mold featuring a non-removable battle mask and a forearm that can be swapped out for his blaster. He comes with a cardboard backdrop display based on the tunnel interior where he scanned his new vehicle mode in Transformers from 2007. Enjoy the review and let us know if this is the Bumblebee for you in the forum. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 2

Postby Stryker P28 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am

Motto: "If it has life,it could be hostile"
Gonna buy this the second i see it
Gamer Guy who likes Transformers
Stryker P28
Mini-Con
Watch Stryker P28 on YouTube
Alt Mode: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: ???
Courage: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun

He looks nice, and that gun is awesome. But I'm not sold on him. WW2 BB looked alright, and even though he technically had the wrong alternate mode (a Humber scout car as opposed to the Mercedes staff car of the movie), it was "close enough" that I didn't mind, and also the way the hammer formed the gun barrel on the alt mode was really nice. Hot Rod however was clearly meant to turn into a Sherman tank, and whilst I understand the need for retooling the fact we were robbed of a Transformer with a Sherman alt mode is tragic. Also the gun looks really weird on the alt mode, even in the "proper" place.

On a more positive note, whilst I can't find the gif right now, someone somewhere posted an in-hand shot of Shockwave. He doesn't look to be a retool of Megatron, as aside from anything else he hasn't got the hollow torso problem. He also looks really nice in general, and as someone that loves Shockwave in all his forms I might have to get him.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-56 TRAILBREAKER Transformers Masterpiece G1 Toyota Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
MP-56 TRAILBREAKER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Beast Machines Basic + tech spec Hasbro 2000 220121A"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2022 New"
TERRORSAUR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Fox Kids CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe complete Hasbro 1999 210923A"
Fox Kids CHEETOR T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Construct-Bots MEGATRON Elite Class Transformers E1:05 G1 Hasbro New 2013"
Construct-Bots MEG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
NEW!
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNABOSS Transformers Beast Wars complete + instructions 1997 230609A **AS-IS**"
MAGNABOSS Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON