This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
LeAwesome1 wrote:So PrimeVSPrime released a video review of Overload, and his copy has painted windows for the truck mode...

overloadwindows.png

So this confirms that TonTon probably gets these figures...illegally? As his had unpainted windows, so it was clearly pre-production. Or there are variations on the figure, which I hope there aren't.

I don't get how these guys are getting him though, he isn't due out till somewhere between August-October I thought?

I mean, while I don't doubt the illegality of his figures, it could also have been a mistake at the painting pat of production like some ER Optimus Primes not getting the silver paint in the Matrix chamber
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby JoeIsNotCool » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
LeAwesome1 wrote:So PrimeVSPrime released a video review of Overload, and his copy has painted windows for the truck mode...

overloadwindows.png

So this confirms that TonTon probably gets these figures...illegally? As his had unpainted windows, so it was clearly pre-production. Or there are variations on the figure, which I hope there aren't.

I don't get how these guys are getting him though, he isn't due out till somewhere between August-October I thought?

I mean, while I don't doubt the illegality of his figures, it could also have been a mistake at the painting pat of production like some ER Optimus Primes not getting the silver paint in the Matrix chamber

I doubt it, if you look closely at TonTon's copy, half the roof of the cab section is also unpainted, whereas the other half is painted. I doubt they would mess the painting up THAT badly!
JoeIsNotCool
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: SR-17 Blackbird
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby LinaNui » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Prime vs Prime uploaded a video showing off the entire Studio Series Devastator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymk3xyZT9zI&t=1s

I can not wait to get the last 2 in!
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Thanks to Dengeki Hobby, we have some new images to bring to you of upcoming Studio Series figures Deluxe Class Roadbuster, and Voyager Class Scrapper. While Roadbuster (and his wavemates Offroad Bumblebee and jet mode Shatter) is starting to make his way out to mass brick-and-mortar retail, Scrapper isn't due out until next month. These images also seem to be somewhat desaturated, color-wise. I've seen Roadbuster on a shelf, and his green is more vibrant than shown. Scrapper will likely match the other Constructicons color-wise as well. Until then, please enjoy these images, and feel free to discuss these figures below!

Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby BIGGUY007 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger tool."
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I freaking love that Roadbuster. Can't wait to get that Scrapper.
PRIMED SINCE '83!
BIGGUY007
Minibot
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Tuned Agent » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That Roadbuster would be mine, if I could venture out into the wild. :BANG_HEAD:
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6

Postby Trocheman » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
ive been having bad luck with new SS figures in my local target and Walmart. Still looking for a bunch.
Trocheman
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Fighter Jet
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Ig89ninja » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Tuned Agent wrote:That Roadbuster would be mine, if I could venture out into the wild. :BANG_HEAD:

Same boat man, except I’m looking for Shatter.
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Speed: 7
Skill: ???

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:21 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
wouldnt it be cool if all the studio series constructicons got released in G1 colors :-?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Ultra Markus wrote:wouldnt it be cool if all the studio series constructicons got released in G1 colors :-?

No, because then I'd have to spend another $260 getting them all because I wouldn't be able to resist :lol:
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:53 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Ultra Markus wrote:wouldnt it be cool if all the studio series constructicons got released in G1 colors :-?
Nah. Would eat a lot of slots and would probably look dodgy on a lot of 'em too.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:27 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

Don't really want it, but I do feel like by the time they exhaust all of the color variants (and maybe make a few new ones) for each Constructicon we could probably build a second Devastator. We're getting Skipjack at the end of the year, I wonder if we could end up with another year of repaints restarting where the first run started from (if we get a fourth year of SS)?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4

Postby First-Aid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:20 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel

WE already got that (tiny version) and it was butt ugly. These are different than G1, they need to be allowed to be themselves.

FYI, picked up the Roadbuster (I'm allowed out since I'm an RN) and it is heads and tails better than the original version. It's not even close. Can't wait for the other two Wreckers if that's the quality we are getting...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 10+

Postby First-Aid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Ummmmm...did anyone else notice on Hasbro Pulse that there is a pre-order up for Wrecker member Topspin?? Or did I miss that news? If it's new, how bout some credit here?!?! :DANCE: :DANCE: ;)^ :lol:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/stu ... on-topspin

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
First-Aid wrote:Ummmmm...did anyone else notice on Hasbro Pulse that there is a pre-order up for Wrecker member Topspin?? Or did I miss that news? If it's new, how bout some credit here?!?! :DANCE: :DANCE: ;)^ :lol:

All of the Toy Fair reveals for Earthrise and Studio Series have had preorders since they were revealed, so not new.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby First-Aid » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Ummmmm...did anyone else notice on Hasbro Pulse that there is a pre-order up for Wrecker member Topspin?? Or did I miss that news? If it's new, how bout some credit here?!?! :DANCE: :DANCE: ;)^ :lol:

All of the Toy Fair reveals for Earthrise and Studio Series have had preorders since they were revealed, so not new.

Ah. I guess I missed it. Or i saw it and it was lost in my layers of studies on pharmacology...lol

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Emerje » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm

So I'm playing around with Shockwave for the first time. His bot mode is beautiful. Like Grimlock he doesn't really look like a transformer unless you can spot the pins, he just looks like a cool action figure, almost like a Doom demon of some sort. Didn't expect him to share parts with RotF Megatron, those vestigial tank tread joints were really throwing me off since I don't use directions. Anyway, I figured him out easily enough once I found all the peg points. I did end up breaking a piece off near his right shoulder because I didn't realize the shoulder has to be turned in a specific position before popping it out to transform otherwise this little gray piece sticking out rubs against it and snaps off.

Also wasn't expecting all the soft parts. And I don't mean flimsy soft plastic like some swords are made of, I'm talking soft like a wet paper bag. I don't think we've ever seen plastic like this used before. It's used to make his hose, left hand, that "thumb" on his canon, the canon barrel, his foot spikes, and his entire left arm gun among a few other parts. It's not all bad, it does have a memory to it so it can take a fair amount of bending without warping or showing stress marks. It does warp if left over time like some noticeable slight warping straight out of the box, but you can crumple up his gun in your hand and it'll just spring right back. Not sure why they had to use it on the gun, it isn't exactly sharp. I do like the use in other spots because it gave us some nice pointy parts. Hopefully it doesn't disintegrate over time.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:53 pm

His gun probably shared a sprue with some of the pointy bits.
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I have yet to open mine. I swore to myself it's the last SS figure I'll get until Galvatron comes out, and I've been waiting for a leader Shockwave since 2011 so I'm savoring that first contact. My only worry so far is that his cannon seems way too big and it might make him lean to that side. How are his shoulder and elbow joints? Can the ratchet support the extra weight from the cannon?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Emerje » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:52 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:His gun probably shared a sprue with some of the pointy bits.

No doubt, I just wonder why they felt they had to put it on that sprue since it isn't particularly pointy.

Rodimus Prime wrote:I have yet to open mine. I swore to myself it's the last SS figure I'll get until Galvatron comes out, and I've been waiting for a leader Shockwave since 2011 so I'm savoring that first contact. My only worry so far is that his cannon seems way too big and it might make him lean to that side. How are his shoulder and elbow joints? Can the ratchet support the extra weight from the cannon?

In his case it really isn't so much a gravity problem, but his joints have to fight a bit with the pressure of the hose. It's not a huge hindrance or anything, you just have to be mindful of it. For the most part his joints can hold the canon level just fine. On mine the shoulder is a little loose, but the elbow is tight, which is fine because I don't think it would look natural holding such a big canon out straight from the shoulder.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:48 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rodimus Prime wrote:I have yet to open mine. I swore to myself it's the last SS figure I'll get until Galvatron comes out, and I've been waiting for a leader Shockwave since 2011 so I'm savoring that first contact. My only worry so far is that his cannon seems way too big and it might make him lean to that side. How are his shoulder and elbow joints? Can the ratchet support the extra weight from the cannon?

You shouldn't have to worry about his arm and balance, my shockwave is really solid and has no problems holding any pose regardless of the size of his cannon.

Also, please no G1 styled movie Devastator, they did that once, it was hideous, that color scheme should be for G1 cartoon-esque stuff, not this style
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am

To be fair, part of what made it hideous was the limits of Legends-class paintwork; the G1-colored Voyager Mixmaster didn't look so bad. But doing everybody in the G1 Constructicons' Hulk-homage colors would still look off.

Emerje wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:His gun probably shared a sprue with some of the pointy bits.

No doubt, I just wonder why they felt they had to put it on that sprue since it isn't particularly pointy.
Probably because there was room on that sprue. It's just how molding works out sometimes.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Okay, thanks guys. That eases my mind a bit. Though I still think the cannon is a bit too big.

Anyway, if we're talking Devy redecos, how about a Rainbow Devastator? :lol: Each member in a different color of the rainbow, with the 2 smallest guys colored the same, since the rainbow has 7 colors. He's almost already there.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:40 pm

I think a Diaclone homage would work well with these Structies.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I think a Diaclone homage would work well with these Structies.

Honestly, given how multicolored these Constructicons already are, I don't think a Diaclone homage would be all that different. Just some blue instead of green.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON