This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby Ig89ninja » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Here's an afterthought on the upcoming Devastator figure. Will we see to-scale Skids and Mudflap figures? As I remember, those dudes were pretty tiny compared to Devy...

I'm still hoping for a deluxe class box with both of them inside as more legends sized bots

If/when that happens, someone needs to post a photo of the Vortex-Grinder scene with them
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:also, I would imagine that each figure would have maybe like a beast or demon mode or something like that,
"Demon" is a good description for what their robot forms already resemble.

Though, to be truly movie-accurate, Skulk and the other four would all have to be altmode-less, going from demon robot mode straight to body part mode. ;)

Or, perhaps, since Infernocus had six components in the movie, two of them would have to form the torso together, allowing for all six to be Deluxes with four forming each limb while the remaining two merge into a Voyager-sized torso.

I've thought about this too. It would be cool to have a simple deluxe mold that can form a torso bit as well as a limb, but it just seemed better to do voyager and deluxe instead of different types of deluxes or try to engineer that.

I also think they would require alt modes if sold at this price point. If sold at a leader price point as the full combiner, he would not need individual alt modes for the smaller bots, but I would prefer him to be bigger
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I also think they would require alt modes if sold at this price point. If sold at a leader price point as the full combiner, he would not need individual alt modes for the smaller bots, but I would prefer him to be bigger
Simple solution: Commander class Infernocus sold as a complete set and packaged in Combiner mode to justify being marketed as one piece.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
How big was he in the movie? That would be the way to best judge how they'd handle him. Shockwave has shown us that they'll be prepared to hodgepodge an alt if they weren't shown transforming at any point.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ZeroWolf wrote:How big was he in the movie? That would be the way to best judge how they'd handle him. Shockwave has shown us that they'll be prepared to hodgepodge an alt if they weren't shown transforming at any point.
If memory serves (you couldn't pay me to sit through that whole movie again just to double check), he was a pretty big dude but not gargantuan like Demolishor or Devastator.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I also think they would require alt modes if sold at this price point. If sold at a leader price point as the full combiner, he would not need individual alt modes for the smaller bots, but I would prefer him to be bigger
Simple solution: Commander class Infernocus sold as a complete set and packaged in Combiner mode to justify being marketed as one piece.

I wish that could be the case, but sadly I don't see any non-G1 guys ending up in either Commander or Titan classes.

And for size reference, I tried to take a screen shot but it ain't working too well, here is the battle of Prime with Infernocus. He's about twice the height of Prime, but also very bulky

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Well to be "truly movie-accurate" for Studio Series it hasn't quite hit the marks especially you Crankcase you wannabe Crowbar such as the Constructicons having some members with robot forms that never appeared in film or Shockwave turning into a tank when he might as well just be an action figure.

Edit: whoa I somehow missed that there was another page, I was replying to Saber's last post on the last page
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Skill: 5

Postby First-Aid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Ig89ninja wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Here's an afterthought on the upcoming Devastator figure. Will we see to-scale Skids and Mudflap figures? As I remember, those dudes were pretty tiny compared to Devy...

I'm still hoping for a deluxe class box with both of them inside as more legends sized bots

If/when that happens, someone needs to post a photo of the Vortex-Grinder scene with them

That was my thought. If I remember correctly, they weren't much bigger than Arcee and the bikes, and definitely smaller than Bee.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Indeed, at one point Bumblebee picks them up and smacks their heads together to stop them arsing around.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Deadput » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Indeed, at one point Bumblebee picks them up and smacks their heads together to stop them arsing around.

Yup they are about the same size as the Bumblebee movie version of Bumblebee so they are small, shorter then Jazz from movie 1 I think who himself was pretty short. (I actually liked the concept of short Jazz as a sort of contrast to the big giant of Optimus Prime)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3

Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Thanks to a heads up from Twitter user Weebot17, we have news that the latest wave of Studio Series voyager class figures have made their way to US retail.

The newest wave of Studio Series voyagers consists of Sentinel Prime and Scrapper. Sentinel Prime is an all new mold that is based on the main baddie of the 3rd film, Dark of the Moon. He comes with his sword, and has been the subject of tons of promotional images prior to his US sighting. Scrapper meanwhile is also a new mold and is destined to be the 7th of 8 constructicons that will combine to form Devastator, with this guy forming the right arm. The final member, Overload, will be available in the fall. These 2 figures were found in the Walmart in Mocksville, North Carolina.

Check out the sighting below, and let us know if you find these figures and more while you are out and about, but only when necessary for essentials during this time. Let us know what you think in the comments section below!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby First-Aid » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:49 pm

Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:21 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that said the Twins were around 8 feet tall? Honestly, I'd love to see a couple two packs of them, or one deluxe two pack with the ice cream truck mode, and maybe a ER Cliffjumper situation with them being released separate for their car modes so that the parts count could be used for transformation. Though, I fully expect them to be a two pack, if we ever see them
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that said the Twins were around 8 feet tall? Honestly, I'd love to see a couple two packs of them, or one deluxe two pack with the ice cream truck mode, and maybe a ER Cliffjumper situation with them being released separate for their car modes so that the parts count could be used for transformation. Though, I fully expect them to be a two pack, if we ever see them

Different sources list them as between 8 and 11.4 feet, and iirc in the movie itself their height varies a decent amount from scene to scene.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 am

First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:49 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:00 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released

Possibly, but also maybe not. Remember when they were all revealed in February, many dates seemed very late to us. I thought someone at Hasbro acknowledged that they were already planning for delays. For Earthrise in particular, wave 2 was dated for September and wave 3 for November. Both would be very late for a regular schedule.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 40
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Possibly, but also maybe not. Remember when they were all revealed in February, many dates seemed very late to us. I thought someone at Hasbro acknowledged that they were already planning for delays. For Earthrise in particular, wave 2 was dated for September and wave 3 for November. Both would be very late for a regular schedule.

Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year

Seige Wave 5 was given the official release date within 2019, made to ensure stock for the 2019 holiday season due to the line's popularity (aka more orders from retailers):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... irs/43489/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:59 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

Seige Wave 5 was given the official release date within 2019, made to ensure stock for the 2019 holiday season due to the line's popularity (aka more orders from retailers):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... irs/43489/

Which is the 2020 wave 1 timeline: early release to get stuff out for holidays, but many will not see stock until the new year.

It is how Siege wave 1 was, Siege wave 5, and PotP Wave 1. it follows the pattern
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby First-Aid » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:18 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

Damnit, I'm a medic not a calendar...

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Rtron » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
While I love SS Devastator, I doubt we'll get twins perfectly in scale with him, because they sacrificed some of his height to make him fit in the limited size classes available to the Studio Series and make him more affordable.

The line basically has two robot mode scales: the most widespread one, which is the one the twins will probably use (so that they're in scale with most of the other figures, specially the car bots), and the "this character is huge but there's no Commander Class for SS" scale, which is the one used for Grimlock and Scavenger. That second scale makes sure they're bigger than most figures, but still doesn't manage to give them proper screen accurate scale.

For Devastator to truly be in scale with everyone else, Scavenger would have to be a Commander, Long Haul would have to be a leader, and the right leg should use another voyager to help Rampage/Skipjack form it. This difference in scale is easily noticed when you see all of the constructicon altmodes lined up. This of course would have made Devastator waaaay more expensive, and would have required a Commander Class toy which is something that Studio Series just won't get.

TL;DR: The twins will probably be Legends sized, and way smaller than Devastator, but probably not perfectly scaled with him, because HasTak had to make him in a smaller scale because of cost reasons.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:41 pm

First-Aid wrote:Damnit, I'm a medic not a calendar...

OK Dr McCoy :P

All I really want from the twins is them to be a size where they can sorta kinda get eaten by Devastator. Legends size is the ideal size for them here
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:35 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I finally found Sentinel and Scrapper in the wild. I don't need Scrapper (if anyone does, I can get him for you for cost plus shipping) but Sentinel looks really sharp in-hand. I had made up my mind to pass on him, but it's really tempting. He looks good, even with the excess black on his legs.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:11 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally found Sentinel and Scrapper in the wild. I don't need Scrapper (if anyone does, I can get him for you for cost plus shipping) but Sentinel looks really sharp in-hand. I had made up my mind to pass on him, but it's really tempting. He looks good, even with the excess black on his legs.

Get him! Better to buy and resell than to pass up and forever regret it
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUN221663 1A (CA) Federici"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #148 Cvr A IDW Comics 2024 DEC231060 148A Turtles Ongoing (CA) Federici"
NEW!
TMNT #148 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231432 3B (CA) Brown"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #134 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221727 134RI Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #134 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210312 4A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230389 4C (CA) Gibson"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2024 JAN241250 149D Turtles Ongoing Wijngaard"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #5 Cvr C 1:10 RI IDW Comics MAY231427 5C Myer"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231641 6A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JAN238528 1C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr G Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220275 1G (CA) Bernardo"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 SEP231296 7A (CA) Lawrence"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 2nd ptg Boom Studios Comics 2023 OCT228462 (CA) Grassetti"
MMPR TMNT II #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #5 Cvr E 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 APR231605 5E (CA) Cho"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON