This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby BigMackintosh » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm

Most likely this will end up as a twin pack of Grimlock with Wheelie from The Last Knight, perhaps in G1 colours or perhaps even as the 86th figure in the line. That's my guess, anyway.
BigMackintosh
Mini-Con
Watch BigMackintosh on YouTube

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Given that Arcee, Quintessons, Ultra Magnus, Alicons, AND Springer were in the main Generations line I tend to think this would be a G1 colored SS Grimlock with a G1 colored SS Wheelie. Which ... I might get, TBH. May go well with the G1 colored Dinobots I already have. Saying that, I alreadu have two of the three G1 colored movie Grimlocks and both are in storage, so maybe not.

It just seems more likely than the Studio Series competing with new molds for the same characters.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Rtron » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:16 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
Ugh, I hope it's just a G1 themed repaint.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Given that Arcee, Quintessons, Ultra Magnus, Alicons, AND Springer were in the main Generations line I tend to think this would be a G1 colored SS Grimlock with a G1 colored SS Wheelie. Which ... I might get, TBH. May go well with the G1 colored Dinobots I already have. Saying that, I alreadu have two of the three G1 colored movie Grimlocks and both are in storage, so maybe not.

It just seems more likely than the Studio Series competing with new molds for the same characters.

Wait there were 3 movie grimlocks in G1 colours? I can only think of 2 for some reason, were they all from that aoe voyager mold?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
If third party stuff partially having character choices that are made to beat Hasbro to market is still a thing, then I can't wait for all the weird Junkions to happen. Arblus, weird Quintessa fish, plenty of interesting stuff to do if this is what it seems like.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:40 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Given that Arcee, Quintessons, Ultra Magnus, Alicons, AND Springer were in the main Generations line I tend to think this would be a G1 colored SS Grimlock with a G1 colored SS Wheelie. Which ... I might get, TBH. May go well with the G1 colored Dinobots I already have. Saying that, I alreadu have two of the three G1 colored movie Grimlocks and both are in storage, so maybe not.

Wait there were 3 movie grimlocks in G1 colours? I can only think of 2 for some reason, were they all from that aoe voyager mold?

Yeah, that's them.

SDCC, Platinum, and the Japanese movie release version. Which was tempting, but I already had two. And I think the SDCC one is better.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1667420805 - here's an ebay listing.

there was also a Slug which I got, mainly due to the gold on the dino mode's head.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Oh good, more modern versions of characters we already have modern versions of. Just what I wanted!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Burn wrote:Oh good, more modern versions of characters we already have modern versions of. Just what I wanted!

Starting to feel that too huh?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Skritz wrote:
Burn wrote:Oh good, more modern versions of characters we already have modern versions of. Just what I wanted!

Starting to feel that too huh?

Between that and rising prices and **** "exclusives", I rarely buy the modern stuff these days.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Motto: "Primus is in his heaven, all’s right with the world."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Oh boy more G1!!!! How on earth did Hasbro know?

I really appreciate Studio Series being movie accuracy focused, yeah a couple special editions are fine, but seriously aren't we getting enough G1 in literally every single other facet of this fandom/franchise right now?

I hate to be so negative, but this franchise is more than just G1.
Stormshot_Prime
Vehicon
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
If these are straight up 86 movie characters being released in the studio series line, I'm going to be mad, because there's already a dedicated line for G1 remakes and it's already usurped the current TV series as the "main" Transformers toyline. It'd better be a really damn short run of figures so it doesn't take over the SS line.

If these are G1 redecos of Bayformers characters, I will be intrigued and probably go about my day.

If this is the 86th Studio Series release and it's otherwise nothing special, I will go back to sleep.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby LE0KING » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:21 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Honestly it never used to bother me, but I really hate G1. Unicron Trilogy was my start, and I loved Prime, there is still so much untapped potential in new transformers media and toys. If SS becomes another G1 only line, I'll be trimming down my collection and leaving this chapter of my life behind.
Hasbro has to see what they're doing by releasing the same six characters over and over right? Destroying innovation is not the path to success.
LE0KING
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
This thread is so negative. What if things are going well enough that another Studio Series line could start for another iteration of Transformers that runs concurrently with Movie Studio Series? What if y'all ate a Snickers? Better?

I say bring on multiple Studio Series type lines. Beast Machines could use one. Animated too. TF Prime has undone stuff (Insecticon as not a CV Commander Class) or stuff needing updates (Airachnid). Heck let's cash in on the teenager allowance money of the kids that grew up with Rescue Bots and do a Studio Series for it too. If they're as comprehensive as Movie Studio Series has been and continues to be, I don't see the downside.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Yeah, I'm with Scotty here. SS doesn't have to mean Bayverse characters.

Besides, if AoE Grimlock gets G1 colors, he'll look really dumb in either bot mode or dino mode, depends on which mode they pick to be accurate. Because of his transformation, it can't be both.

Have we ever gotten a leader class-sized G1-inspired Grimlock in any line before?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 pm

Personally, I'm not trying to be negative. I just think it's unlikely the Studio Series will be G1 focused since the Generations line already has a lot of those characters already covered.

I think it's a stretch to consider a whole other franchise will be covered by the presence of just one product that references it. Especially since there have been other G1 redecos in movies lines before.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby LE0KING » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Motto: "Even demons run when a good man goes to war."
Weapon: Twin Swords
ScottyP wrote:This thread is so negative. What if things are going well enough that another Studio Series line could start for another iteration of Transformers that runs concurrently with Movie Studio Series? What if y'all ate a Snickers? Better?

I say bring on multiple Studio Series type lines. Beast Machines could use one. Animated too. TF Prime has undone stuff (Insecticon as not a CV Commander Class) or stuff needing updates (Airachnid). Heck let's cash in on the teenager allowance money of the kids that grew up with Rescue Bots and do a Studio Series for it too. If they're as comprehensive as Movie Studio Series has been and continues to be, I don't see the downside.

I like that idea Scotty, a line of figures spanning different transformers mediums, we could call it GenerationS, Because it would cover more than just the first generation.
All sarcasm aside, I think we're all just worried that this 86 movie line will supersede the only non-G1 inspired line currently available. (With rescue bots being the exception for now)
LE0KING
Vehicon
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:55 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:Have we ever gotten a leader class-sized G1-inspired Grimlock in any line before?
MP Grimlock is about the height in robot mode of what Leader class toys used to be.

For more recent example, there is Cyberverse Ultimate class Grimlock.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:04 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Keep in mind that next year is the 35th anniversary of the movie and we know how much HasTak loves their 5 year anniversaries.

Takara Tomy Logo

So I believe it if they're planning to celebrate the movie's 35th anniversary by slipping it into Studio Series. There's definitely some synergy to be had between WfC and SS, I see it as being like MP toy accuracy vs MP Cartoon accuracy. I think the Walmart 35th line might have been a preview of things to come. So the WfC line gets the gritty stuff we're used to while the SS line gets the toon painted version with maybe some different accessories and a little retooling. So WfC Leader Grimlock might have darker gray, gold paint, and maybe a crown and throne that transforms while SS Grimlock is light gray with toon shading and Wheelie. I could also see a heavily retooled Ultra Magnus and maybe an improved Astrotrain among other things.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Got your GEEWUN Rightcheea.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I'm with Scotty here. SS doesn't have to mean Bayverse characters.

Besides, if AoE Grimlock gets G1 colors, he'll look really dumb in either bot mode or dino mode, depends on which mode they pick to be accurate. Because of his transformation, it can't be both.

Have we ever gotten a leader class-sized G1-inspired Grimlock in any line before?

Yes

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... rse/43557/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle

I'm starting to feel the GeeWun burn, but we do need a better Generations Grim. (The TR Wheelie we already have is awesome, though).

Plus. IF '86 is included in Studio Series, maybe we'll get a Springer without all that excessive battle damage. And as much as I don't want to buy a leader-priced Astrotrain for a 3rd time, I wouldn't mind having a cleaner deco for him as well.

But. In the end. It would have been BETTER if Studio Series was just the live action films.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:44 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ever since this hit our news mailbox tonight while I was at work, I have had a lot of time to discuss this with others both among staff and not. I have said a lot, and I don't quite think others heard my full message.

The long and short of this is: this sucks. This is awful news.

Let's start with this: Studio Series has been a very strong line that has given us some (mostly) very good live action movie figures, and it has given life to characters that had no toys before, only had legion toys, had retools instead of new molds, and more. This line has been great for the live action movies, and as i noted a while ago, it only needs a good year to finish off the original trilogy and maybe 2 to catch the rest from the first 6 movies.

To see 1980's coming into this is really depressing.

For one, that is what Generation (can't even give it an "s" anymore) has been doing since 2013, and what CHUG had been doing before that. There is a full line, called War for Cybertron, that has been doing the whole G1 redone thing already.

For another, in the past 5 years, we have basically gotten the entire 1986 movie cast. And here we are, gonna do them again. We've even gotten/will get 3 main Autobot members in just WFC alone, in the proper scale, with "G1 accurate" toys.

And funny enough, talking to many, those toys just didn't cut it. Like, WTF. How can you say Magnus and Springer have not gotten covered that? You are praising the hell out of WFC, and yet you say they are not good enough. how?

Seibertron even listed off multiple versions of figures that have gotten multiple toys and how each was not enough.

and yet in SS, there is a small number of characters that have not gotten any figures at all. Que has his 1 hard to find deluxe, same with Leadfoot. Dino has an expensive retool exclusive and a legion figure. Hatchet has his Cyberverse commander figure. The TLK crew has none. Infernocus has a single crappy retool (just call it that, 1/5 is new).

It's really sad. and it means that G1 is now not only the main Generation line, but it's the heavy influence for Cyberverse, the main MP line, and now Studio Series.

Why is it that the Studio Series part of Generations has to be the part to actually live up to the "s"?

With 86 movie characters in SS, think of it like this: WFC part 3 has a Titan price point Ark. Hooray! Finally, an Ark playset! But then it is the Dark of the Moon Ark. Think about that, how would fans of the trilogy feel?

That feeling is what SS fans are feeling.

Also, why do the 86 characters have to go in SS? There is a (MUCH bigger) WFC line where they could easily slot in and take up 2 waves, and boom! New really good (at least I thought from all the praise everyone lumped on them) movie figures! But nope, we gotta go take out some of SS, delay figures in that line even longer and thus closer to never happening, just to celebrate our 1980's addiction.

It also shows just how out of touch HasTak is with its fanbase. The near universal response on Twitter: "Why? Isn't that WFC?" Facebook is more popular, but also, Facebook tends to trend towards a higher age bracket than Twitter. so we are literally seeing the 40 year olds heaping praise on the idea, but everyone 30 and younger who grew up past G1 is listening to their voice be drowned away and watching as the 1 non-G1 based line is transitioning to G1 as well.

It hurts, it sucks, and it shows out of touchness.

Another thing, this would be a lot less bad if generations lived up to its title. Imagine if Earthrise Arcee, Smokescreen, and Megatron had been Prime instead of G1 versions of the characters. Diversity is a good thing, there are lots of different uses of the names. Spread out, make others, don't be afraid to actually CARE for other people's G1.

ScottyP, I read what you said, and I think you missed the mark too: this isn't about starting a new generations/SS line for other things like Armada, this is bringing in WFC directly to the Live Action films Generations line. it's not the same thing. I do long for lines like SS for other generations, but this is not the doorway to that, this is just trying to impose G1 on more stuff.

So yeah, this is very disappointing. Hasbro and Takara need to get themselves together, leave G1 out of SS, put it where it belongs in WFC, and start doing more research past Facebook to find where Fans actually want the brand to go.

Give G1 a break. Let people enjoy what they have, let them enjoy things that don't have any G1 in it, and allow diversity to actually exist in your toylines.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

Postby LinaNui » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
No, just no. Studio Series was one of the last things that was not G1. I am so sick of G1. Also, if 86 is the number, it should not be released until fall 2021 since the highest number we know of now is 67 (skipjack) which comes out this fall. I am hoping that this is a miss-listing. Finger crossed that this is not truly for SS, but actually for ER.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Rtron » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
D-Maximal really summed up what the problem is quite well.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rtron wrote:D-Maximal really summed up what the problem is quite well.

Thank you.

This is something I feel very strongly about and have been simmering in at work and discussing with others as well why I feel this way.

I don't hate G1. But I am in that under-30 category that did not grow up with it at all. To me, the movie versions are the definitive versions of those characters. And to see them trying to swept away in their own line by the cartoon movie of 1986 hurts.

G1 needs a break, or they just need to let off the gas, have half of the figures a year in the main Generations line be "g1" material, and spread out. Stretch the legs.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220494 War's End 2A (CA) Panda"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Fan Book 2021 with OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Legion Figures Takara"
NEW!
Transformers Fan B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210677 5RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #27 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926G"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200645 1B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot Main Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #86 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 86RI (CA) Senior 230207"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915D"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1023IM388 3D (CA) Bergara"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON