This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:24 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Like Rodimus said, Transformer engineering (and sculpting) have come a long way since 2007. A lot of the older toys are still very fun and I’m glad I have them, but Studio Series blows them away in terms of accuracy, and they’re all (more or less) in scale. I’m not mad about it at all, that’s what I love about Studio Series!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Munkky » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I'm not sure how I feel about 1986 movie characters in the Studio Series line. I mean the movie was an actual theatrical movie so I guess it makes sense, but if it's the likes of Grimlock and Sharkticons, why not just put those figures in Earthrise or whatever part 3 of the War for Cybertron trilogy ends up being? Earthrise has toys of the Quintesson Judge and Allicons, so it's not like Sharkticons would be out of place in Earthrise or anything. And if you want GEEWUN in Studio Series, well, the first five minutes of Bumblebee has plenty of designs like Brawn, Arcee and Soundwave that would make decent toys.
Granted, Studio Series has been going non-stop for two years now, and the next movie is another two years away so if the line is continuing until then it'll need enough characters to make into new toys. But there are still a lot of Bayverse Transformers that haven't made it into this line yet; The Fallen, Hound, Crosshairs, Que, Onslaught, the other Dinobots (seriously it's been two years, why hasn't this happened yet?), Hot Rod in his Lamborghini form, Drift in his Bugatti form, Sideways or Dino if Hasbro can get the rights to their vehicle modes, that's almost a full year of potential product right there. So I'd be tempted to say the inclusion of 1986 movie characters is scraping the bottom of the barrel, but we're not at the bottom of this particular barrel yet.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Munkky wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about 1986 movie characters in the Studio Series line. I mean the movie was an actual theatrical movie so I guess it makes sense, but if it's the likes of Grimlock and Sharkticons, why not just put those figures in Earthrise or whatever part 3 of the War for Cybertron trilogy ends up being? Earthrise has toys of the Quintesson Judge and Allicons, so it's not like Sharkticons would be out of place in Earthrise or anything. And if you want GEEWUN in Studio Series, well, the first five minutes of Bumblebee has plenty of designs like Brawn, Arcee and Soundwave that would make decent toys.
Granted, Studio Series has been going non-stop for two years now, and the next movie is another two years away so if the line is continuing until then it'll need enough characters to make into new toys. But there are still a lot of Bayverse Transformers that haven't made it into this line yet; The Fallen, Hound, Crosshairs, Que, Onslaught, the other Dinobots (seriously it's been two years, why hasn't this happened yet?), Hot Rod in his Lamborghini form, Drift in his Bugatti form, Sideways or Dino if Hasbro can get the rights to their vehicle modes, that's almost a full year of potential product right there. So I'd be tempted to say the inclusion of 1986 movie characters is scraping the bottom of the barrel, but we're not at the bottom of this particular barrel yet.

Dino's supposedly coming as he was listed in the latest round of leaks
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:43 pm

I had to pack up most of my Studio Series figures for a little while, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to get some group shots!
Autobots.jpg

Blackout and Sentinel are both WIP.
Decepticons.jpg

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That is a fine display of bots... Though looking at the con side I think they're a tad outnumbered :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:That is a fine display of bots... Though looking at the con side I think they're a tad outnumbered :lol:

Thanks!

Yeah, the bots are a little outnumbered, but if those new listings are true there’ll be some new Autobot reinforcements in the future! (I also need to get my hands on Roadbuster).

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Ig89ninja » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:That is a fine display of bots... Though looking at the con side I think they're a tad outnumbered :lol:

Thanks!

Yeah, the bots are a little outnumbered, but if those new listings are true there’ll be some new Autobot reinforcements in the future! (I also need to get my hands on Roadbuster).

I actually like it when the Cons outnumber the Bots, it makes an Autobot victory even better.
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Glad to see Dino and Jolt might be on the way.

Also, I kinda hope Grindor comes with Ravage and some hooks for the voyager Prime.

I'm going to leave the 86 stuff alone for now, but the final thought is this: G1 is in everything right now, and there are 2 (WFC, Netflix) lines that could host these toys. So why they would be in this line when this line is nearly ready to finish off the movie guys and give us a proper sendoff for the live-action movies is beyond me.

We will will get Bay guys, but it feels totally unnecessary and forced, and another way to advertise the 80's guys.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:28 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I wouldn't mind if the studio series was capped off with a revisit to the tlk figures, they were clearly designed with this line in mind and I would love to get a more premium version of at least o/p and megs with maybe some wrist joints and ankle tilts, and better paint jobs
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rtron » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Glad to see Dino and Jolt might be on the way.

Also, I kinda hope Grindor comes with Ravage and some hooks for the voyager Prime.

I'm going to leave the 86 stuff alone for now, but the final thought is this: G1 is in everything right now, and there are 2 (WFC, Netflix) lines that could host these toys. So why they would be in this line when this line is nearly ready to finish off the movie guys and give us a proper sendoff for the live-action movies is beyond me.

We will will get Bay guys, but it feels totally unnecessary and forced, and another way to advertise the 80's guys.

The listing says it does come with Ravage!
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Hellscream9999 wrote:I wouldn't mind if the studio series was capped off with a revisit to the tlk figures, they were clearly designed with this line in mind and I would love to get a more premium version of at least o/p and megs with maybe some wrist joints and ankle tilts, and better paint jobs

I too would really like some sort of update to some of the AOE/TLK crew. We will need the Squad from TLK, and in SS they could at least give us a new and much better high octane Bee, Ninja Bee, and Hammer Bee, as well as a new knight Prime and Megs, evasion Prime, and Galvatron.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Skritz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Still no The Fallen. :(
Skritz
Gestalt

Studio Series News with In Store SS 36 Drift Sighting and New Bumblebee and Dino Listings

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:49 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We have some more listings for you, reported by several people. Walmart now has a listing for a new Bumblebee from the Bumblebee movie. Smart money would be on a Cybertronian Bumblebee since he had the same body as Cliffjumper which is already getting a toy. It's also the only version of Bumblebee from that movie we have yet to get.
We also have a listing for Dino. The listing states TF2, which we hope is an error (rather than the "Dino" part being the error in the listing)

Lastly, Oreo Bot sent us proof of finding SS 36 The Last Knight Drift (with baby Dinobots) at Meijer in Nomal, IL. This toy was only available though online retailers so far in the US. It was $30 USD.

Transformers-hasbro Tra Gen Studio Series Dlx Tf6 Bumblebee
Hasbro Product number: F0784
UPC: 630509984558
Transformers-hasbro Tra Gen Studio Series Dlx Tf2 Dino
Hasbro Product Number: F0785
UPC: 630509984541

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby TulioDude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:58 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
After 9 years...we are finally getting this toy...
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Rtron » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 am

Motto: "Stop, please."
Skritz wrote:Still no The Fallen. :(

Probably next time, if they don't shoehorn another G1 leader into the line. The new leader mold of this wave is G1 Grimlock with Wheelie. Going by the previous releases, there should be one more entirely new leader class mold for 2021.
Last edited by Rtron on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:42 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
TulioDude wrote:After 9 years...we are finally getting this toy...

With a Ferrari Licence?

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm

william-james88 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:After 9 years...we are finally getting this toy...

With a Ferrari Licence?

Even without it, as long as it is close enough it'll work for me
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TulioDude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Even if they have to create a made up model of car like they did before,it still can look cool.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Speed: 5

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:09 pm

TulioDude wrote:Even if they have to create a made up model of car like they did before,it still can look cool.

While I'd like Dino to be licensed, if Ferrari is going to be a pain in the butt about it then I'd be ok if they approximate it (they just hopefully get closer to the actual vehicle than SS Blitzwing does).

That does remind me though - RPMs were awesome! I have a bunch of them, but these were the ones I found nearby.
RPMs.jpg

I also just finished painting up SS Blackout - It really is a good figure, but I'm eagerly anticipating the upgrade kit for those better hands. I'm also interested to see what they do with the mold for Grindor.
Blackout Alt Mode.jpg

"MH-53 Pilot, power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you."

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:"MH-53 Pilot, power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you."
The last part of that line never sounded natural, only ever sounding needlessly cold and callous.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8

Postby sol magnus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:53 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Transformers: The Movie should easily be able to be Studio Series. The way I see it, it might even keep Studio Series alive for a while longer. The 1986 Movie case (with a couple other characters who were IN the movie but not main cast members could be completed in a year, unless they pad it with other Bayverse characters concurrently.

Either way, TF:TM figures in SS wouldn't be some long ongoing thing, unless Hasbro plans to sprinkle them into that line (which I would agree would be bad).
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:19 pm

RPMs were pretty cool, I got Jolt and Megatron, wanted more but still cool!

I'm excited to see Grindor. I'm also thinking about going back and grabbing KSI Sentry and Shadow Raider, they are really the only 2 figures I skipped that weren't just the same exact character (Ratchet, Starscream, Cogman)
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:RPMs were pretty cool, I got Jolt and Megatron, wanted more but still cool!

I'm excited to see Grindor. I'm also thinking about going back and grabbing KSI Sentry and Shadow Raider, they are really the only 2 figures I skipped that weren't just the same exact character (Ratchet, Starscream, Cogman)

I'd highly recommend both. I like both better then their original use.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:03 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sabrblade wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:"MH-53 Pilot, power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you."
The last part of that line never sounded natural, only ever sounding needlessly cold and callous.
They were facing an unknown, armed intruder. The threat had to be neutralized as fast and efficiently as possible. It was an appropriate response.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON