This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby M. Spector » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Motto: "Put it in my aspen fanny pack Lord Megatron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I suspect that box is not the final version since the art/image is the old render we first saw it one of the toy fairs ages ago. Also, even if the decos are somewhat different or weathered, won't be upset since it can't be better then my custom paint job on each one so far ;)^
M. Spector
Fuzor
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
MadProject wrote:the only thing is giving me questions, is that the box itself looks more square-ish, while the plastic bubble looks more rectangular.
I wonder if there will be some extra stuff of sort with him.
Like, as incentive for the purchase, a weapon pack for the Studio Series figures, like they did with Centurion Drone.

There's probably a second tray since I can't see anywhere on that one for Mixmaster and the accessories. Probably just the best they could steal procure.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I may have skipped the individual releases because I don't trust distribution.

But that ROTF Devy boxset... I want it. I want it a lot!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Deadput » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
M. Spector wrote:I suspect that box is not the final version since the art/image is the old render we first saw it one of the toy fairs ages ago. Also, even if the decos are somewhat different or weathered, won't be upset since it can't be better then my custom paint job on each one so far ;)^

Yeah the boxart being that old art showcasing the prototype makes me not trust it at all.

I think the boxset exists yeah but I don't think this is it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I never bothered getting the Constructicons individually for 2 reasons: I don't like how Devastator looked in the movie, and I didn't want to get them piece by piece. However, I will admit the individual figures, especially the leaders, look really good. So if this is really $250 or so, I'll seriously consider it. Also, the image seems to be compressed, I think the box will be rectangular, while the plastic bubble will be a square, with some stuff on the side. I was hoping for 2 deluxe or legends class Twins figures.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:I never bothered getting the Constructicons individually for 2 reasons: I don't like how Devastator looked in the movie, and I didn't want to get them piece by piece. However, I will admit the individual figures, especially the leaders, look really good. So if this is really $250 or so, I'll seriously consider it.
And once you have it, you can use your headcanon to rename it anything you want if you'd rather not think of this monstrosity as "Devastator". ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:07 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I never bothered getting the Constructicons individually for 2 reasons: I don't like how Devastator looked in the movie, and I didn't want to get them piece by piece. However, I will admit the individual figures, especially the leaders, look really good. So if this is really $250 or so, I'll seriously consider it.
And once you have it, you can use your headcanon to rename it anything you want if you'd rather not think of this monstrosity as "Devastator". ;)
It doesn't have to do with the name, really. I mean, he's a combiner made of construction vehicles. So naturally, Devastator, right? It's the final form I have a problem with. It's too animal-like. If it had been able to stand straight up, it would have been passable. Luckily I think the toy can stand on 2 legs, so it's actually better. And yes, I know the reasons why he was like that in the movie. While they are plausible, I didn't think they were necessary.

Side note: this "reveal" has inspired me to watch RoTF for the first time in about 6 years. I actually managed to suppress the memories of stupid childish sexual humor, so I have been face-palming a bit.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:07 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Rodimus Prime wrote:Side note: this "reveal" has inspired me to watch RoTF for the first time in about 6 years. I actually managed to suppress the memories of stupid childish sexual humor, so I have been face-palming a bit.

Wheelie dry-humping intensify.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:Side note: this "reveal" has inspired me to watch RoTF for the first time in about 6 years. I actually managed to suppress the memories of stupid childish sexual humor, so I have been face-palming a bit.
Oof, good luck. It's that very kind of "humor" that's kept me from watching it again.

Though, here's a bit of irony. I always felt that if the movie had just left out all of that grossness then it would have been fine. But then when I first read the movie's comic book adaptation, I found that that version told the same general story as the movie and did excise all of the film's nastiness... but what all was left was just boring. The comic took all of the bad stuff out of the movie, left in all of the good stuff, and yet somehow, some way, the good stuff became dull. :BANG_HEAD:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:57 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I had created a separate thread about Vudu's new "family friendly" feature where it will edit out language and scenes it deems not to be "family friendly", I actually watched RotF with this filter on. It was a bit jarring, and the scene with Alice "aggressively showing affection" for Sam caused the app to crash, but it did make the movie better somehow :lol: .

Basically if you could cobble together all of Optimus Prime's battle scenes from that film, that's all I need to remember form it. ;)^
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I still need a drill to the forehead to forget Megatron being subserviant to the Fallen & listening to Starscream.

Seemed to be a bit of an unwarranted uproar that Bay sexualised Megan Fox but no complaints about a child living robot being turned into hump machine. I think that put me off getting a Wheelie at the time (surely it was lost marketing and money if they had made him kid friendly and sold RC toys of him in the BB8 bucketloads but I guess it would take five script writers with a single brain cell to pull it off).

A new SS wheelie version might not beat the orig toy if the new SS satellite soundwave is anything to go by.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
blackeyedprime wrote:I still need a drill to the forehead to forget Megatron being subserviant to the Fallen & listening to Starscream.

Seemed to be a bit of an unwarranted uproar that Bay sexualised Megan Fox but no complaints about a child living robot being turned into hump machine. I think that put me off getting a Wheelie at the time (surely it was lost marketing and money if they had made him kid friendly and sold RC toys of him in the BB8 bucketloads but I guess it would take five script writers with a single brain cell to pull it off).

A new SS wheelie version might not beat the orig toy if the new SS satellite soundwave is anything to go by.

There won't be a ss wheelie (non 86 version anyway), scale is the big factor, the character is just too small to get a transforming toy.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Nemesis Primal » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:I still need a drill to the forehead to forget Megatron being subserviant to the Fallen & listening to Starscream.

There won't be a ss wheelie (non 86 version anyway), scale is the big factor, the character is just too small to get a transforming toy.

Technically SS Wheelie already exists, but it was a non-transforming minifig with Shockwave, so that's still half-right, he is too small to transform.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Didn't micro figures of Wheelie & Brains come with SS Shockwave? Also I'd agree since the Arcee 3 pack were basically 3 legion class figures, I don't think we will be able to get anything smaller transformable. Laserbeak and Ravage I guess could arguably be about that size, but ravage never transformed in RotF. Also I guess the only Frenzy we may see is a tiny non transforming figure as well.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:32 pm

I meant to say a stand alone transformable wheelie, and I started questioning myself if Shockwave came with both Wheelie and Brains or just Brains for some reason
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby LinaNui » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:27 pm

So I just found out that one of my Overloads is shipped from Amazon (US) and should be here Friday! I am so happy, I can not wait to get him in hand and finally make devastator!
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3

New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Cliffjumper

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, LinaNui, has let us know that fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has done a brand new video review of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Cliffjumper! This Deluxe Class figure is a heavy retool of the previously released Jeep Bumblebee mold, taken from the beginning of the movie where he fights Blitzwing. Cliffjumper on the other hand was seen memorably being interrogated by movie antagonists Shatter and Dropkick.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience.

What do you think of this figure? Will you be picking him up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Actar » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
MadProject wrote:the only thing is giving me questions, is that the box itself looks more square-ish, while the plastic bubble looks more rectangular.
I wonder if there will be some extra stuff of sort with him.
Like, as incentive for the purchase, a weapon pack for the Studio Series figures, like they did with Centurion Drone.

Er... I thought it was pretty obvious that the picture's aspect ratio was off.

Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Ig89ninja » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I just noticed that Devastator is labeled 69, nice.
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Endurance: 4
Skill: ???

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Ig89ninja wrote:I just noticed that Devastator is labeled 69, nice.
:lol: :lol: yeah I bet he's still not completely screen accurate...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Got my shipping notice from Amazon, Overload is officially en route! I should be ready to form Devastator Monday!!!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:31 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Got my shipping notice from Amazon, Overload is officially en route! I should be ready to form Devastator Monday!!!
I'm curious to know which version has a more complex combination process, this one or the Titan.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Got my shipping notice from Amazon, Overload is officially en route! I should be ready to form Devastator Monday!!!
I'm curious to know which version has a more complex combination process, this one or the Titan.

Movie Devs, without a doubt. The CW one has his pieces fold over only once or twice, the SS one has a couple more for his arms and legs, but the torso has to be fileted or butterflied from Scavenger and Overload. :shock:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:00 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rodimus Prime wrote:

From what I've seen, I think SS Devy won't be too hard. The 2 legs slide on a slide; Overload and Scavenger connect via a slide, Mixmaster is 4 tabs on top' the arms are sort of CW standard but smushed down and heavier; and Hightower/Scrapmetal are an inserting clip. So not quite the CW level of 5 or 6 things tabbing together to hold, or using a chest piece that needs to tab in 3 areas to secure the torso level.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Cliffjumper

Postby MadProject » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Weapon: Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, LinaNui, has let us know that fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has done a brand new video review of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Cliffjumper! This Deluxe Class figure is a heavy retool of the previously released Jeep Bumblebee mold, taken from the beginning of the movie where he fights Blitzwing. Cliffjumper on the other hand was seen memorably being interrogated by movie antagonists Shatter and Dropkick.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience.

What do you think of this figure? Will you be picking him up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

the figure itself is nice, but I'd like to point out that in the comparasition shot Voyager Blitzwing has the tanks on the wings, a thing that we never saw in the precedent reviews if I'm correct.
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #5 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230912 (CA) Giangiordano (W)Phillips"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #4 var Marvel Comics 2023 APR230852 (CA) Sandoval"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trick Or Read MOON KNIGHT #1 Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230867 (CA) Segoiva"
Trick Or Read MOON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight CITY OF DEAD #1 Marvel Comics 2023 APR238569 SDCC (CA) Segovia"
Moon Knight CITY O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #19 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230868 (CA) Barends (W) Percy 231222T"
NEW!
GHOST RIDER #19 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 var Marvel Comics JUN230944 Texeira"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BROTHER #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220885 (CA) Simmonds"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #22 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230860 (CA) Segovia (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #22 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230838 (CA) Gleason (W) Rowell (A)Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #12 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230876 (CA) Suayan (A) Saiz (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #12 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #23 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230853 (CA) Renaud (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #23 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231146 (CA) Miller (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #1 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JUL220901 (W)Zdarsky (CA) Maleev 220928"
DAREDEVIL #3 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN230890 (CA) Lee"
MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON